Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? (4110 Views)

Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? / Man Orders Boss To Sign Document In The Name Of Jesus Or He Dies / Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by LifestyleTonite: 8:32am On Apr 06, 2017
khalling2008:
@plainbibletruth;
Reply C base on Paul and disciples;

Christians think that the apostles and Paul were preaching the same doctrine and everyone believed in the divine Jesus who came to be crucified for the sins of the world. However, if one examines the bible carefully, that person would observe that Paul and the disciples were not preaching the same doctrine and did not believe in the same Jesus.

The Apostles in Jerusalem heard that Paul has been preaching a different doctrine in Galatia and Corinthia. Paul was telling them not to follow the law anymore and that they don’t have to eat kosher meat anymore or to be circumcised (according to Genesis 17::14, the covenant is broken if there is no circumcision) etc.

So the Apostles went to Galatia and Corinthia and convinced everyone that Paul is wrong, when Paul heard about this he went straight back to the cities………

Galatians 1:6;
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel

It says different Gospel, so obviously the disciples were teaching them a different doctrine and it was not just minor issues.

Galatians 2:11-21

Paul Opposes Peter

11 When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly in the wrong.

12 Before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. ( why did people such as the Apostle James still believe that the law regarding food should still be applied? If Jesus came to replace the law, then why are they still following the law?)

13 The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray. (so, Peter, James and Barnabas are wrong?)

14 When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?

15 "We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners'

16 know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified. ( why are they arguing over following the law or not? Why are they not in agreement of doctrine?)

17 "If, while we seek to be justified in Christ, it becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners, does that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not!

18 If I rebuild what I destroyed, I prove that I am a lawbreaker.

19 For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God.

20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

Paul condemns all Jewish Christians including Peter and Barnabas. We only have Paul’s side of the story but Peter’s recollection of this story is not given to us in the New Testament.

Peter truly would have known Jesus better than Paul. There is dispute whether 1 Peter is a letter written by Peter and almost all scholars, ancient and modern agree that 2 Peter is not a letter written by Peter.

Once again, you read Your Own meaning into the Bible without allowing the Bible to speak to you.

Paul was correcting the disciples cos they failed to truly obey the Grace, instead they followed the Law simply because there were some Jews around whom they didn't want to offend. Paul had to let them know that Jewish Christians cannot force the Jewish laws on Gentile Christians, because the gentiles were saved by God's grace. This is why Christianity today doesn't impose cultures in people.

Your argument now is that Paul was a false teacher simply because he was more enlightened concerning the things of Jesus than most of the other disciples. To you, how can that be when he never even walked with Jesus? If Paul was fake, the spirit in those disciples would have detected it. Mind you, Jesus himself appeared to Peter in a visit and told him to go and heal Paul of his blindness and that he had called him to serve. Peter healed Paul and Paul went on to perform great miracles that were witnessed by many of the disciples.

You Muslims love to rubbish Paul cos you know that his books in the Bible totally destroys Islam. Islam preaches a wrong gospel of Jesus, so it is cursed.

Galatians 1:8

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!
Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by owoleola: 8:54am On Apr 06, 2017
With all sincerity I ask this question,to the Muslims out there,why do you believe in prophet Mohammad,and consequently Allah?.....The question is simple enough,I also need a simple answer.
Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by khalling2008: 9:06am On Apr 06, 2017
plainbibletruth:

This is not yet a full response from me.

That will come later.

please respond to my post
plainbibletruth:

I just want to note one or two things.

Do you remember where I started this discussion with you? If you've forgotten you may go back and check.

If you must use the Bible I think you have NO RIGHT to decide that a portion I use is not supposed to be in the Bible whilst the ones you use are ok. We MUST be ready to use ALL that is in the same Bible and not cherry-pick.

i don't need all the stories now, if what I said were not true, please prove me wrong with evidence and those who can
plainbibletruth:

Lastly, for now, I noticed you never responded to the questions I raised. Is that deliberate or are you still going to respond?
repeat your question again?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by biomustry: 9:17am On Apr 06, 2017
LifestyleTonite:
Don't expect any answer from him, did he'll keep dodging. That's how he's been avoiding albagdhadi's questions cos he knows those questions show glaringly that YAHWEH is not the god Islam worships.
LOL.. .where's the albagdadi wen u need him.
Jesus didn't call Yahweh on the cross ma nigga, definitely not his god too

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by khalling2008: 9:23am On Apr 06, 2017
LifestyleTonite:
Abraham was called out of his pagan family and people to start a new race which God used to blessed the world and redeem it. If you say Abraham was an Arab simply because of his pagan fathers, then you might as well say that the god he worshipped was Baal or Ashtoreth cos those were the gods his people were worshipping. That was so until God called him out

Genesis 12:1-3

1 The LORD had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.
2 “I will make you into a great nation,
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you.”

Abraham obeyed and God showed him a land which He promised to give to his offspring who are the Israelites. That was the beginning of the Jewish race.

Genesis 12:6-7

6 Abram traveled through the land as far as the site of the great tree of Moreh at Shechem. At that time the Canaanites were in the land.
7 The LORD appeared to Abram and said, “To your offspring I will give this land.” So he built an altar there to the LORD, who had appeared to him.
i don't like stories, I gave you evidence from the Bible where Abraham was not a jews according to what Quran said that Abraham was not a jews. check my post again.
the verses you quoted didn't say Abraham was jews. just show me verses where Abraham was jews.
LifestyleTonite:

You lack understanding. What is the meaning of the word "fulfill" used in the verse? Check the dictionary, you will find that it also means to bring to conclusion, to participate in it to bring to an end. Check the below link for more

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/fulfill

If Christ came to stamp the Law as a forever thing, then why did he stop the adulterous woman from getting stoned by the crowd who wanted the Law to take its course?

Why did he preached against "an eye for an eye" which the Law permits?

Once you understand that, you will realise that he lived under the law by obeying it fully. But he ended it by starting a new law of grace that preaches forgiveness and love of others. Not that he opened his mouth and pronounced the Law abolished. No, he simply sowed a new seed of forgiveness and love and with time that seed overshadowed the Law.

Jesus orders Christians to follow the Law of Moses in the Old Testament: "Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
(Matthew 5:17-18)

" It is quite clear from these verses from the New Testament that Jesus did honor the Old Testament and did say that every single "letter" of it has to be honored, followed and fulfilled.
LifestyleTonite:
God forbid abomination. Jesus never preached islam or terrorism.

if I show where they performed prayer in Muslim way in the bible, will you accept islam

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by khalling2008: 9:27am On Apr 06, 2017
LifestyleTonite:
Don't expect any answer from him, did he'll keep dodging. That's how he's been avoiding albagdhadi's questions cos he knows those questions show glaringly that YAHWEH is not the god Islam worships.
you better go back from the start of the post where I answered all albagdhadi's questions and he picked race without looking back for my questions to answer.
please if you see him just tell him that I am still waiting.
thks

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by khalling2008: 10:04am On Apr 06, 2017
LifestyleTonite:
Once again, you read Your Own meaning into the Bible without allowing the Bible to speak to you.

Paul was correcting the disciples cos they failed to truly obey the Grace,
so, Paul known more than those disciples of jesus, you must be joking, those disciples that seen Jesus physically, spiritually and they witnessed many thing.
in fact Paul was not among the disciples of Jesus, how can you follow Paul who persecuted Jesus and disciples.
LifestyleTonite:

Paul was correcting the disciples cos they failed to truly obey the Grace, instead they followed the Law simply because there were some Jews around whom they didn't want to offend. Paul had to let them know that Jewish Christians cannot force the Jewish laws on Gentile Christians, because the gentiles were saved by God's grace. This is why Christianity today doesn't impose cultures in people.

yes, God sent Jesus Christ to jews not gentiles, in Matthew 15:24;
He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Jesus also said: "These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: 'Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans.
Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. ' Matthew 10:5-6
These are the words of Jesus in the Bible. It is quite obvious that Jesus was NOT sent to Mankind and Christianity isn't a religion for Mankind.
Even if Jesus did die on the cross for people's sins, he didn't do it for all nations' sins, but for the Jews alone who believed in him.

And when Jesus told his disciples to go "to all nations" and teach them the words and baptize them in the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit (Mathew 28:18-20) , it is obvious that "all nations" is a mistranslation, because in the Middle East, the words for "People" and "Nation" are the same word.
LifestyleTonite:

You Muslims love to rubbish Paul cos you know that his books in the Bible totally destroys Islam. Islam preaches a wrong gospel of Jesus, so it is cursed.

Galatians 1:8

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!
it was Paul that contradict Jesus Christ, let me give you an example;

The New Testament gives us a choice; either we follow Jesus Christ, or the anti-Christ Paul of Tarsus: Each one demands his followers to accept his teachings:

Paul said
Be ye followers of me… that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered [them] to you. (1 Corinthians 11:1)

Jesus said:
“If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed” (John 8:31)

Amazing, the former preached against the teachings of Jesus, and the latter, (Jesus) teaches that salvation is only attained by following him. According to Deuteronomy 24:16, Ezekiel 18:20-21, and Micah 6:7-8, a man is responsible for his own sin. Jesus rejected the Pauline doctrine of “vicarious atonement”.

And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. (Hebrews 9:22)

Jesus was circumcised, Paul rejected circumcision:

On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise him, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he had been conceived. (Luke 2:21

The Jewish Law commands the circumcision on the eighth day. The reason why Christians are not circumcised is because they follow Paul. They have broken the covenant of Circumcision according to Jesus himself (5:19)

For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love. (Galatians 5:6, KJV)

Jesus Forbade the Gentiles:

These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into [any] city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (Matthew 10:5-6)

But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (Matthew 15:24)

Paul rejected this command of NOT preaching to the Gentiles, they were restricted. Paul openly preached among the Gentiles, a totally different religion:

For I speak to you Gentiles, in as much as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: (Romans 11:13)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 06, 2017
where are the Christians? come and address all the issues raised by khalling2008

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by annunaki2(m): 12:50pm On Apr 06, 2017
Binb:
where are the Christians? come and address all the issues raised by khalling2008

Whilst reading through the trash he spewed out, immediately I saw how he deliberately twisted 1 corinthians 11:1 to say something other what is written there I had to conclude he is a joker and a fraud. He clearly is not worth responding to cause the fact that he has to tell lies to 'prove' his point is enough evidence that he also doesn't believe the thrash he is writing so why should I give myself headache responding to the al taquiyaist? Below is a proper quote off 1 corinthians 11:1. Now compare it to the thrash he wrote above.

1 corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I follow christ.
Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by biomustry: 1:59pm On Apr 06, 2017
annunaki2:

Whilst reading through the trash he spewed out, immediately I saw how he deliberately twisted 1 corinthians 11:1 to say something other what is written there I had to conclude he is a joker and a fraud. He clearly is not worth responding to cause the fact that he has to tell lies to 'prove' his point is enough evidence that he also doesn't believe the thrash he is writing so why should I give myself headache responding to the al taquiyaist? Below is a proper quote off 1 corinthians 11:1. Now compare it to the thrash he wrote above.

1Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 2Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1-Corinthians-11-1/

So the bible is now trash grin
You can only be found on threads relating to anything islam so that u can troll
Keep lying
All other Christian threads dont bother you, are u a christian at all
Another technique to escape from the thread like albagdadi
Hahahahaah

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by annunaki2(m): 2:09pm On Apr 06, 2017
biomustry:

1Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 2Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1-Corinthians-11-1/

So the bible is now trash grin
You can only be found on threads relating to anything islam so that u can troll
Keep lying
All other Christian threads dont bother you, are u a christian at all
Another technique to escape from the thread like albagdadi
Hahahahaah

So why did the rodent deliberately edit out the phrase "even as I follow christ" if he did not intend to fraudulently quote the verse out of context to misrepresent Paul? Do they fry your brains in your mosques
Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by biomustry: 2:15pm On Apr 06, 2017
annunaki2:

So why did the rodent deliberately edit out the phrase "even as I follow christ" if he did not intend to fraudulently quote the verse out of context to misrepresent Paul? Do they fry your brains in your mosques
It's either you are stupid or something,
What does ..... mean in English, He posted verse number so anyone can Check n see
Mumu
How is that quoting out of context?
Just leave like the rest.. .na him u sabi pass, u can only insult without argument
Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by khalling2008: 2:22pm On Apr 06, 2017
annunaki2:

what version of the Bible is yours, because we have hundreds version of the bible

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by annunaki2(m): 3:40pm On Apr 06, 2017
biomustry:

It's either you are stupid or something,
What does ..... mean in English, He posted verse number so anyone can Check n see
Mumu
How is that quoting out of context?
Just leave like the rest.. .na him u sabi pass, u can only insult without argument

You just confirmed to me that you are almost as stupid as mohammed and a stark illiterate like the idiiot as well.
Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by annunaki2(m): 3:42pm On Apr 06, 2017
khalling2008:

what version of the Bible is yours, because we have hundreds version of the bible

On the contrary I challenge you to state the version you quoted if it exists cause all bible versions include the part of Paul following christ.
Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by LionDeLeo: 3:58pm On Apr 06, 2017
annunaki2:

You just confirmed to me that you are almost as stupid as mohammed and a stark illiterate like the idiiot as well.

OAM4J, good afternoon.

Cc seun
Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by LionDeLeo: 4:03pm On Apr 06, 2017
khalling2008:

Khalling2008, I suggest you stop at this point, cos it is obvious they have nothing to say apart from doing what they are known for.

Note, they have started insulting The Prophet.

You need not bother, every sane being in search of truth knows the appropriate direction. As you can see, they are hanging on "a whole verse was not completely quoted" when it is very unnecessary. They have nothing to say.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by khalling2008: 4:19pm On Apr 06, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Khalling2008, I suggest you stop at this point, cos it is obvious they have nothing to say apart from doing what they are known for.

Note, they have started insulting The Prophet.

You need not bother, every sane being in search of truth knows the appropriate direction. As you can see, they are hanging on "a whole verse was not completely quoted" when it is very unnecessary. They have nothing to say.

Peace.
OK, jazakumllahu khairan

1 Like

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by Adonai7(m): 4:47pm On Apr 06, 2017
I chose jesus because
John14:6

I can't follow Muhammad because he is a siner. He sleept with nine years old girl, he snatched his abducted son's will....... ... .

1 Like

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by annunaki2(m): 5:44pm On Apr 06, 2017
LionDeLeo:

And you didn't report when your fellow scumbag called me stupid. Fvcking hypocrite. tongue

1 Like

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by plainbibletruth: 6:03pm On Apr 06, 2017
annunaki2:

And you didn't report when your fellow scumbag called me stupid. Fvcking hypocrite. tongue
My exact thoughts!
Even he is not excluded. Imagine reporting others and using a different standard for himself and cohorts.
That shows how vindictive he is.
Some of these guys may resort to physical violence if we were to see face to face.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by masseratti: 6:36pm On Apr 06, 2017
Omagago:

It's yhu again abi. Kwantinue
hitler was not christian,he burnt the bible.
Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by Adonai7(m): 8:12pm On Apr 06, 2017
Do u know that, your Muhammad is a criminal?
Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by plainbibletruth: 8:48pm On Apr 06, 2017
khalling2008
I am trying to let you understand is that Abraham was not a jews, Abraham was born in Ur of Chaldees could not have been a Jew. First because Ur of Chaldees was in Mesopotamia, which is now a part of Iraq. He was then more an Arab than a Jew. Secondly the name "Jew" came after the existence of Judah, the great-grandson of Abraham. Read further, Genesis 12:4 and 5.

Here again are my questions:
1. Is Islam’s God YAHWEH?

- Is the Muslim saved from sin?
- Does Islam provide any assurance now of eternal salvation or is it a maybe, maybe not religion?

3. Did Paul MENTION Jesus Christ in his teachings? Yes
Did he mention him sparingly or frequently? Very frequently
Did he say Jesus Christ was not the saviour? No
Did he say he did not believe in Jesus? No
So, where does the idea of Paul ‘building a new religion’ come from?

4. Does Islam and the quran teach love for enemies, even those who come against you outrightly and directly?

I don’t intend to repeat areas I believe others have responded to you appropriately.

On Abraham
If we are to go by your logic we might as well say that today’s Jews who are descendants of Abraham are Arabs since you say Abraham “was then more an Arab than a Jew”. The question is: if the present day Arabs understand this ‘relationship’ why are they so much opposed to Israel today. The truth however is that the issue is not as simplistic as you want to paint it.
By the covenant of CIRCUMCISION Abraham CHANGED from whatever previous RACE he was to a NEW RACE – Genesis 17. NOTICE that when God was making this covenant with Abraham he SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED that the covenant will continue through Isaac – verse 19: “Then God said, “Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him AS AN EVERLASTING COVENANT FOR HIS DESCENDANTS AFTER HIM.” Again in response to Abraham’s plea for Ishmael God again repeated himself – verse 21: “But my covenant I will establish with Isaac …”

So, God not only changed the race (whatever it was, whether Arab, Acadian, Summerian or whatsoever) of Abraham but also CLEARLY stated through which progeny (or child) the new race was to be perpetuated. NOTICE also that Isaac was born after Abraham’s circumcision and the enactment of the covenant – not so Ishmael. Never lose sight of this.

Reply B base on Jesus Christ

Jesus was not the founder of Christianity as we know it today. The teachings of Jesus were based on the Law, Matthew 5:17;
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

The message of Jesus was pure and simple, the complete submission and surrender to God alone. He preached the religion of Islam; he fasted and prayed in the manner taught by the Prophets before him. He abstained from eating pork and drinking wine.

The Apostle Paul and his followers define what became Christianity.
After Jesus, christianity was formed by Paul in Acts 11:26;

....and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch
On the founder of Christianity
If you insist in your claim that Jesus was not the founder of Christianity, against every known fact, then I must ask you to show me CLEARLY where it is said that Paul founded Christianity because that passage you referred to NEVER SAID THAT.

Paul Opposes Peter
Paul condemns all Jewish Christians including Peter and Barnabas. We only have Paul’s side of the story but Peter’s recollection of this story is not given to us in the New Testament.

PLEASE!!! Don’t try to put into a clear narrative what is not there.
Paul’s point of DISAGREEMENT with Peter was clearly stated. It was on a particular issue. It had NOTHING to do with the CORE issue of who Jesus Christ is.

Don’t you think your statement that “Paul condemns ALL JEWISH CHRISTIANS” is too general when nothing in that portion you quoted said that?
You are beginning to appear to be deceptive all in a bid to justify your assumed position.

Someone pointed out in another post how you removed some words from a verse in 1 Corinthians 11:1 where you quoted – “Be ye followers of me… that ye remember me …” conveniently OMITTING the critical part where it said “even as I follow Christ”. Paul DID NOT SAY “follow me and not Christ”. He said follow me AS I FOLLOW CHRIST. There is a difference. I think readers should note this about you.

yes, God sent Jesus Christ to jews not gentiles, in Matthew 15:24;
He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Jesus also said: "These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: 'Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans.
Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. ' Matthew 10:5-6
These are the words of Jesus in the Bible. It is quite obvious that Jesus was NOT sent to Mankind and Christianity isn't a religion for Mankind.
Even if Jesus did die on the cross for people's sins, he didn't do it for all nations' sins, but for the Jews alone who believed in him.

And when Jesus told his disciples to go "to all nations" and teach them the words and baptize them in the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit (Mathew 28:18-20) , it is obvious that "all nations" is a mistranslation, because in the Middle East, the words for "People" and "Nation" are the same word.
Jesus knew and showed that he had other people that would come into his fold: “I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.” John 10: 16 – did you notice “ONE FLOCK” and also “ONE SHEPHERD”?

Jesus said “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations ……” Matthew 28:19.

Also in Acts 1: 8 he said “…. You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH”. Notice that he started from a location – Jerusalem – then on to one region – Judea –, and another – Samaria and then to the rest of the world.
And please don’t come up with the crap that the portions I quoted are not right or anything to that effect.

SO, your insistence that God sent Jesus Christ only to the Jews does not hold water as far as the Bible is concerned.

You are only trying to find a way to justify islam’s claim that other prophets ended with their generation and Mohamed, the ‘final prophet’ is sent to the entire world. You must wipe out the portion of the Bible that prove you wrong if you want to use the Bible to prove your case.

My questions again, in case you may have become ‘lost’ in all the maze you are trying to wriggle through:

- Does Islam provide any assurance now of eternal salvation or is it a maybe, maybe not religion?

3. Did Paul MENTION [/b]Jesus Christ in his teachings? Yes
[b]So, where does the idea of Paul ‘building a new religion’ come from?

4. Does Islam and the quran teach love for enemies, even those who come against you outrightly and directly?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by LionDeLeo: 9:38pm On Apr 06, 2017
annunaki2:

And even if he called you whatever name, the best is to insult a whole religion? Religious bigotry seems to flourish on nl, I swear.

OAM4J, I can be banned for "inyamiri", but this is okay, right?

CC seun.

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by LionDeLeo: 9:45pm On Apr 06, 2017
Adonai7:
Do u know that, your Muhammad is a criminal?

I thought of it when I first saw this thread, they must just search for ways of doing this. Now, did any muslim insult christianity?

CC OAM4J, seun

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by LionDeLeo: 9:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
Khalling2008, pls just don't respond to any further argument, you can see the path they have finally taken. I can see someone is still pretending to be engaged in a gentleman argument up there.

If you remember, I told you how surprised I was when alBHAGDADI left without a single word of insult.

LionDeLeo:

Well done sir.

Apparently, alBHAGDADI (or whatever he calls himself) has taken off.

His own case is even better, at least he did not insult, unlike the rest who will start throwing tantrums at this stage when their falsehood is being exposed.

May The Almighty Allah increase your knowledge.

I didn't just say it, I thought of it when I first saw this thread because these people can't argue whatever point they have without finally taking to insults.

This is exactly what they do offline.

Peace.

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by biomustry: 11:16pm On Apr 06, 2017
annunaki2:

Oya de go grin grin grin
Antichrist
Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by alBHAGDADI: 6:54am On Apr 07, 2017
plainbibletruth:

Here again are my questions:

3. Did Paul MENTION Jesus Christ in his teachings? Yes
So, where does the idea of Paul ‘building a new religion’ come from?

I don’t intend to repeat areas I believe others have responded to you appropriately.

On Abraham
If we are to go by your logic we might as well say that today’s Jews who are descendants of Abraham are Arabs since you say Abraham “was then more an Arab than a Jew”. The question is: if the present day Arabs understand this ‘relationship’ why are they so much opposed to Israel today. The truth however is that the issue is not as simplistic as you want to paint it.
By the covenant of CIRCUMCISION Abraham CHANGED from whatever previous RACE he was to a NEW RACE – Genesis 17. NOTICE that when God was making this covenant with Abraham he SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED that the covenant will continue through Isaac – verse 19: “Then God said, “Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him AS AN EVERLASTING COVENANT FOR HIS DESCENDANTS AFTER HIM.” Again in response to Abraham’s plea for Ishmael God again repeated himself – verse 21: “But my covenant I will establish with Isaac …”

So, God not only changed the race (whatever it was, whether Arab, Acadian, Summerian or whatsoever) of Abraham but also CLEARLY stated through which progeny (or child) the new race was to be perpetuated. NOTICE also that Isaac was born after Abraham’s circumcision and the enactment of the covenant – not so Ishmael. Never lose sight of this.

On the founder of Christianity
If you insist in your claim that Jesus was not the founder of Christianity, against every known fact, then I must ask you to show me CLEARLY where it is said that Paul founded Christianity because that passage you referred to NEVER SAID THAT.

PLEASE!!! Don’t try to put into a clear narrative what is not there.
Paul’s point of DISAGREEMENT with Peter was clearly stated. It was on a particular issue. It had NOTHING to do with the CORE issue of who Jesus Christ is.

Don’t you think your statement that “Paul condemns ALL JEWISH CHRISTIANS” is too general when nothing in that portion you quoted said that?
You are beginning to appear to be deceptive all in a bid to justify your assumed position.

Someone pointed out in another post how you removed some words from a verse in 1 Corinthians 11:1 where you quoted – “Be ye followers of me… that ye remember me …” conveniently OMITTING the critical part where it said “even as I follow Christ”. Paul DID NOT SAY “follow me and not Christ”. He said follow me AS I FOLLOW CHRIST. There is a difference. I think readers should note this about you.

Jesus knew and showed that he had other people that would come into his fold: “I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.” John 10: 16 – did you notice “ONE FLOCK” and also “ONE SHEPHERD”?

Jesus said “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations ……” Matthew 28:19.

Also in Acts 1: 8 he said “…. You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH”. Notice that he started from a location – Jerusalem – then on to one region – Judea –, and another – Samaria and then to the rest of the world.
And please don’t come up with the crap that the portions I quoted are not right or anything to that effect.

SO, your insistence that God sent Jesus Christ only to the Jews does not hold water as far as the Bible is concerned.

You are only trying to find a way to justify islam’s claim that other prophets ended with their generation and Mohamed, the ‘final prophet’ is sent to the entire world. You must wipe out the portion of the Bible that prove you wrong if you want to use the Bible to prove your case.

My questions again, in case you may have become ‘lost’ in all the maze you are trying to wriggle through:

3. Did Paul MENTION [/b]Jesus Christ in his teachings? Yes
[b]So, where does the idea of Paul ‘building a new religion’ come from?

Pls, don't mind khalling2008, he will never address issues you raised.

He claims that all prophets were the way to God during their time. He uses that to justify Mohammad as the way to God. How can a DEAD Mohammad be the WAY to God when he himself confessed that he DOESNT KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO HIM OR MUSLIMS WHEN THEY DIE? This is found in the OP, which destroyed all his argument. I guess that's why he decided to start talking about Abraham that has nothing to do with the discuss.

None of the past prophets claimed to be the way, they all pointed to Jesus. Only Jesus said he is the way to God the Father. He not only said it, he lived the life of a perfect man, a good example for humans. But hey, Muslims want us to be like a terrorist, rapist, murderer, liar, robber and hater like Mohammad. No wonder the Islamic world is an epic fail.

I also invited him to the threads below, but he hasn't responded, likewise his Muslims brothers. They know they are too hot for them. But here they are cheering him on just cos he twists things. I will enjoin you all to join me in the below threads. Don't join if you are going to start derailing by taking about Ishmael or jay-z

https://www.nairaland.com/3674142/christians-muslims-mohammad-adulterer#3674142.9

https://www.nairaland.com/3707284/christians-muslims-why-isis-kills

1 Like

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 07, 2017
we Muslims follow Jesus (pbuh) more than Christians...i will tell you why

1. Jesus ( Pbuh ) taught that there is only One God and Only God should be worshipped as taught in
Deut 6:4, Mark 12:29. Muslims also believe this as taught in the Qur’an verse 4:171.

2. Jesus ( Pbuh ) didn’t eat pork as taught in Leviticus 11:7 , and neither do Muslims as taught
in the Qur’an verse 6:145.

3. Jesus ( Pbuh ) greeted with the words “as salaamu alaikum” ( Peace be with you ) in John 20:21. Muslims also greet each other this way.

4. Jesus ( Pbuh ) always said “God Willing” ( Inshallah ), Muslims say this too before doing anything as taught in the Qur’an verses 18:23-24.

5. Jesus ( Pbuh ) washed his face, hands, and feet before praying. The Muslims do the same.

6. Jesus ( Pbuh ) and other prophets of the Bible prayed with their head to the ground ( See Matthew 26:39 ). Muslims do too as taught in the Qur’an verse 3:43.

7. Jesus ( Pbuh ) had a beard and wore a throbe. It is Sunnah for Muslim men to do the same.

8. Jesus ( Pbuh ) followed the law and believed in all the prophets,
( see Matthew 5:17 ). Muslims do
too as taught in the Qur’an verses 3:84, and 2:285.

9. Jesus’ mother Maryam ( Pbut ) dressed modestly by fully covering her body and wearing a headscarf ( hijab ) as found in 1 Timothy 2:9, Genesis 24:64-65, and Corinthians 11:6. Muslim
women modestly dress the same as taught in the Qur’an verse 33:59.

10. Jesus ( Pbuh ) and other prophets of the Bible fasted up to 40 days (see Exodus 34:28, Daniel 10:2-6. 1Kings 19:8, and Matthew 4:1-Muslims do so also during the month of Ramadan.
Muslims are required to fast the full obligatory 30 days ( See Qur’an 2:183 ), and others take it a step further by fasting an additional 6 days to increase their rewards.

11. Jesus ( Pbuh ) taught to say “Peace to this house” when entering it
( See Luke 10:5 ), and to also greet the people in the house with “peace be unto you”. Muslims do exactly what Jesus did and taught. When we enter our homes and the homes of others we say “Bismillah” and also greet with “as salaamu alaikum” ( Peace be upon you ) as taught in the Qur’an verse 24:61.

12. Jesus ( Pbuh ) was circumcised. Circumcision is 1 of the 5 fitrah in Islam, so Muslim men are required to be circumcised. According to the Bible in Luke 2:21, Jesus was eight days old when he was circumcised. In the Torah, Allah/God stated to the Prophet Abraham ( Pbuh ) that it is an
“Everlasting covenant”
( See Genesis 17:13 ). In the Qur’an verse 16:123 Muslims are required to
follow the religion of Abraham. The Prophet Muhammad ( SWS ) said, “The Prophet Abraham circumcised himself when he was eighty years old.”
( See Sahih hadith Bukhari, Muslim, and
Ahmad ).

13. Jesus ( Pbuh ) spoke aramaic and called God”Elah”, which is pronounced the same as
“Allah”. Aramaic is an ancient, Biblical language. It is one of the Semitic languages that also include Hebrew, Arabic, Ethiopic and the ancient Assyrian and Babylonian language of Akkadian.
The Aramaic”Elah” and the Arabic “Allah” are the same.

The Aramaic “Elah” is derived from the Arabic “Allah”, and it means “GOD”. “Allah” in Arabic also means”GOD”, the Supreme GOD Almighty. You can easilysee the similarity in their pronunciation so this concludes that the God of Jesus is also the God of the Muslims, of all mankind, and all that exist.

Now tell me who is the real follower of jesus ( Pbuh ) ? Obviously Muslims. Now I believe am a true follower of Jesus PBUH.

Copied

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by plainbibletruth: 8:35am On Apr 07, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:
we Muslims follow Jesus (pbuh) more than Christians...i will tell you why

1. Jesus ( Pbuh ) taught that there is only One God and Only God should be worshipped as taught in
Deut 6:4, Mark 12:29. Muslims also believe this as taught in the Qur’an verse 4:171.

2. Jesus ( Pbuh ) didn’t eat pork as taught in Leviticus 11:7 , and neither do Muslims as taught
in the Qur’an verse 6:145.

3. Jesus ( Pbuh ) greeted with the words “as salaamu alaikum” ( Peace be with you ) in John 20:21. Muslims also greet each other this way.

4. Jesus ( Pbuh ) always said “God Willing” ( Inshallah ), Muslims say this too before doing anything as taught in the Qur’an verses 18:23-24.

5. Jesus ( Pbuh ) washed his face, hands, and feet before praying. The Muslims do the same.

6. Jesus ( Pbuh ) and other prophets of the Bible prayed with their head to the ground ( See Matthew 26:39 ). Muslims do too as taught in the Qur’an verse 3:43.

7. Jesus ( Pbuh ) had a beard and wore a throbe. It is Sunnah for Muslim men to do the same.

8. Jesus ( Pbuh ) followed the law and believed in all the prophets,
( see Matthew 5:17 ). Muslims do
too as taught in the Qur’an verses 3:84, and 2:285.

9. Jesus’ mother Maryam ( Pbut ) dressed modestly by fully covering her body and wearing a headscarf ( hijab ) as found in 1 Timothy 2:9, Genesis 24:64-65, and Corinthians 11:6. Muslim
women modestly dress the same as taught in the Qur’an verse 33:59.

10. Jesus ( Pbuh ) and other prophets of the Bible fasted up to 40 days (see Exodus 34:28, Daniel 10:2-6. 1Kings 19:8, and Matthew 4:1-Muslims do so also during the month of Ramadan.
Muslims are required to fast the full obligatory 30 days ( See Qur’an 2:183 ), and others take it a step further by fasting an additional 6 days to increase their rewards.

11. Jesus ( Pbuh ) taught to say “Peace to this house” when entering it
( See Luke 10:5 ), and to also greet the people in the house with “peace be unto you”. Muslims do exactly what Jesus did and taught. When we enter our homes and the homes of others we say “Bismillah” and also greet with “as salaamu alaikum” ( Peace be upon you ) as taught in the Qur’an verse 24:61.

12. Jesus ( Pbuh ) was circumcised. Circumcision is 1 of the 5 fitrah in Islam, so Muslim men are required to be circumcised. According to the Bible in Luke 2:21, Jesus was eight days old when he was circumcised. In the Torah, Allah/God stated to the Prophet Abraham ( Pbuh ) that it is an
“Everlasting covenant”
( See Genesis 17:13 ). In the Qur’an verse 16:123 Muslims are required to
follow the religion of Abraham. The Prophet Muhammad ( SWS ) said, “The Prophet Abraham circumcised himself when he was eighty years old.”
( See Sahih hadith Bukhari, Muslim, and
Ahmad ).

13. Jesus ( Pbuh ) spoke aramaic and called God”Elah”, which is pronounced the same as
“Allah”. Aramaic is an ancient, Biblical language. It is one of the Semitic languages that also include Hebrew, Arabic, Ethiopic and the ancient Assyrian and Babylonian language of Akkadian.
The Aramaic”Elah” and the Arabic “Allah” are the same.

The Aramaic “Elah” is derived from the Arabic “Allah”, and it means “GOD”. “Allah” in Arabic also means”GOD”, the Supreme GOD Almighty. You can easilysee the similarity in their pronunciation so this concludes that the God of Jesus is also the God of the Muslims, of all mankind, and all that exist.

Now tell me who is the real follower of jesus ( Pbuh ) ? Obviously Muslims. Now I believe am a true follower of Jesus PBUH.

Copied

To "follow " Jesus Christ means to believe he is the SAVIOUR (Messiah) and to OBEY HIS TEACHINGS.

It is not just to engage in some physical activities or motions.

Jesus doesn't want people who:
".... honour me with their lips, but their heart is far away from me" Matthew 15:8

So if you claim to "follow" Jesus, apart from these physical observances, which of his teachings do you accept and follow and do you merely pay lip service or you believe in your heart that he is the CHRIST (Saviour, Messiah)?

After all, even the quran says he is the CHRIST, doesn't it?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by alBHAGDADI: 9:52am On Apr 07, 2017
plainbibletruth:
[size=6pt][/size]
To "follow " Jesus Christ means to believe he is the SAVIOUR (Messiah) and to OBEY HIS TEACHINGS.

It is not just to engage in some physical activities or motions.

Jesus doesn't want people who:
".... honour me with their lips, but their heart is far away from me" Matthew 15:8

So if you claim to "follow" Jesus, apart from these physical observances, which of his teachings do you accept and follow and do you merely pay lip service or you believe in your heart that he is the CHRIST (Saviour, Messiah)?

After all, even the quran says he is the CHRIST, doesn't it?
Don't mind them.

Jesus Said forgive your persecutors. Muslims don't.

Jesus said love your neighbors. Muslims hate non-muslim.

Jesus said God is our Father. Muslims say God doesn't have a father.

Jesus said we shouldn't kill. Muslims are told to kill infidels.

Yet, they lie that they follow Jesus teachings. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Power And Victory Of The Cross! / Prophet T.B Joshua Words On Private Jet / Once Saved Always Saved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.