Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,050 members, 7,956,916 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:26 PM

Maryam Babangida Is Dead! - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maryam Babangida Is Dead! (37115 Views)

Maryam Babangida And Princes Diana [Photo] / Babangida Is The Leader Of The North - Atiku / Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by bidemi12(m): 3:27am On Dec 28, 2009
Dynamiq:

People have different opinions of Mariam. I am not out to commend or condemn any. However, during a research on the so-called Vatsa conspiracy of 1985, we came accross a moving story of how Mariam saw some evidences that pointed to Vatsa's innocence, and she made frantic efforts to convince her husband not to execute Vatsa. Then on the day that Vatsa's death sentence was to be confirmed, she made repeated calls to her husband none of which was picked. Eventually, Mariam managed to pass a note to her husband (while the meeting was in progress) urging him to spare Vatsa's life. Her appeal was not taken and that was a sad episode in her life. From this I want to give her the benefit of doubt that it is possible that not all wrong decisions taken by her husband were supported by her; while at the same time not trying to say that she is an angel. And I want to add that while God's judgement is the best and the ultimate, in the present circumstance I chose to say May her soul rest in perfect peace.

Yeah right, wink
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by strngeland: 3:36am On Dec 28, 2009
Wonder of wonders, how can anyone RIP Maryam Babagida

What did she do for YOU, for US for Real?

Sagamite - you echoed my sentiments in its entirety.
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by whatawhat: 3:39am On Dec 28, 2009
please nairaland, where is my post this is crazy
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by whatawhat: 3:48am On Dec 28, 2009
may her soul rest in peace, but still it does not negate the fact that these so called politicians have no conscience, how can you rule a nation you don't like, look at how they travel outside the country to get treatment-these ppl are downright meanspirited.
l agree with chika98 that their children are disgracing them, look at the one that tried to blow up an airline, l bet you his dad stole pieces-look at the 4 million dollar condo he lives in, go figure,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
l need to talk some sense into these people
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by TmeD0(m): 3:55am On Dec 28, 2009
Didn't some slowpoke say she was studying"domestic medicine" lol

Now watch Nigerians mourn one of their oppressors!!

@ Martin, ditto!  short-term memory seem to be a major ailment for naijas when it comes to things like this.

strngeland:

Wonder of wonders, how can anyone RIP Maryam Babagida

What  did she do for YOU, for US for Real?

Sagamite - you echoed my sentiments in its entirety.

abi o! abeg, help me ask all the sympathizers for here.  

if no be say, e no good to speak ill of the dead, wo, i for scatter ground for hia sef.   grin

Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by supereagle(m): 4:13am On Dec 28, 2009
A very beautiful woman she does not look like a woman in her sixties .
The northerners are trying to talk to the husband to contest for 2011 . She will not be alive to see that.
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by OfficeGirl(f): 4:33am On Dec 28, 2009
May her gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by bidemi12(m): 4:34am On Dec 28, 2009
supereagle:

The northerners are trying to talk to the husband to contest for 2011 . She will not be alive to see that.

Ol'boy wake up!!! are you high? what have we been talking about for like 10 pages or more? she's dead or am i missing something? grin
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by Nobody: 4:36am On Dec 28, 2009
supereagle:

YOU ARE SICK!!!
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by bobo09: 4:39am On Dec 28, 2009
Limitt to which u can maradone dead,
Nigeria leaders r great as we also another one dat Yar'don sickness and dead.
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by Profkenny1(m): 4:52am On Dec 28, 2009
so the rich also die?
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by Profkenny1(m): 4:54am On Dec 28, 2009
so the rich also die?, which means money can't buy sound health!
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by Profkenny1(m): 4:59am On Dec 28, 2009
so the rich also die?, even money can't give them life!
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by Profkenny1(m): 5:00am On Dec 28, 2009
so the rich also die?, even money can't buy them life!
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by senetee(m): 5:04am On Dec 28, 2009
Abi,

I was thinking IBB would maradona his way around death so that he could perhaps buy her some time on earth with his ill-gotten wealth.
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by Ndeewonu: 6:08am On Dec 28, 2009
Was she the same woman that:

1. Caused Dele Giwa's death?

2. Left Bongos Ikwue (the poor musician) to marry the rich military man?

If she was the one, truly the evil that men do leaves after them.
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by Ndeewonu: 6:10am On Dec 28, 2009
supereagle:

Supereagle, I hope u r ok! Or have they bought u over again.
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by MrMcJay(m): 7:04am On Dec 28, 2009
Since Oga Maradona couldn't dribble death, he should at least get her a nice casket. As for all treasury looters, in 2010, may your looted funds be spent the same way.
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by Nizoral(f): 7:18am On Dec 28, 2009
C all dis potential thieves waggn deir mouth too wondas neva sieze 2 end even those dat dr parents ar up deir lootin mony 4 dem ar talkin 2. I hope ur modas ar al clean so dat she dont get insultd lak dis. Foolish people
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by AloyEmeka6: 7:20am On Dec 28, 2009
[size=16pt]The Ikemba Ahaba, Chief Joseph Achuzia, said “the death of this our dear daughter is painful. It is a tragedy. We will remember her for the indelible role she played in giving us (Asaba) a state capital during her husband’s tenure[/size]. We will continue to remember that role. We pray that God will give the husband, our in-law the fortitude to bear the loss and also her brother, Chief Sonny Okogwu, as well as the children she left behind. What a painful loss!”
Imagine! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by otukpo(f): 7:27am On Dec 28, 2009
MAY HER SOUL REST IN PEACE
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 28, 2009
The only 1st lady we have had. She will definitely be missed n remembered
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by member31: 7:57am On Dec 28, 2009
Eyaaaaaaaah!!!! let her husband looted funds save her!!!!!!! let them use the money to bribe God na!!!!.
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by CarlosVent(m): 8:07am On Dec 28, 2009
if this is true, may her gentle soul rest in piece
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by Remii(m): 8:11am On Dec 28, 2009
Ina lilah wa ina ilehi rajhun, from God we came and to him is our return. May Allah accept her soul and protect those left behind till our own times. Amin.
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by moreshow(m): 8:14am On Dec 28, 2009
May her gentle soul rest in peace, Amin
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by gidson12(m): 8:16am On Dec 28, 2009
All dis bunch of idiots sympatizing, let me ask u a question, if your father was to b Dele Giwa, and the rest of d ppl murdered by IBB, even those that their body were not seen, are u telling me that u would easily 4get and n open your mouth 2 morn 4 his dead wife, silly.    angry
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by member31: 8:19am On Dec 28, 2009
Gbam, tru talk gidson12

i'm in italy freezin my ass out because of his useless policies i do believe in the LAW OF KARMA
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by StEdwin(m): 8:21am On Dec 28, 2009
May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by ekeneebere: 8:29am On Dec 28, 2009
Really sad sha, but u all know the next on the list!
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by iyapony(m): 8:31am On Dec 28, 2009
@ topic

im not going to speak ill of the dead, but i am also not going to mourn over someone who has a past such as scandalous as this woman. i have no further comment.
Re: Maryam Babangida Is Dead! by Hairat007(f): 8:33am On Dec 28, 2009
May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace. Amin

We shall all join her ONE day i hope those who re celebrating

realises dat fact?     cry cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

APC Carrying Out Horrible Protests In Akwa Ibom State / Army Arrests Wanted Boko Haram Terrorist - Photos / Datti Baba-ahmed Votes In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.