Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock (25780 Views)

Governor Zulum Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock This Afternoon / Obasanjo Visits President Ramaphosa Of South Africa. / Emir Sanusi Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 04, 2017
The only elderstatesman ( among our past leaders )worthy of that appellation. Maybe in addition to Shonekan.
The rest are just wannabes and deceitful oldies.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by holysainbj(m): 3:32pm On Apr 04, 2017
Praktikals:
that adjective best suits your father grin

the way you guys freely throw insults online eh...
for crying out loud u just insulted someones father! u dont even know the dude! well...your life
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by daddyrich: 3:36pm On Apr 04, 2017
Ok
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by naijaboy756: 3:39pm On Apr 04, 2017
one progressive vs one retrogressive(baba recession)
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 04, 2017
fuckyoumhen:
u sabi! GEJ said corruption is more than stealing, any act of favouritism is part of corruption. Yakubu Gowon was made head of state over his senior in the military just because he is a Northerner! Northernization agenda has been part of the northerners mentality since the days of Ahmadu Bello!
Nonsense

if I were you I will learn to shut up and act wisely.....but you are not me.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by wink2015(m): 3:44pm On Apr 04, 2017
Old age is fast telling on General Yakubu Gowon! Is generation is fast winding out of Nigeria!

I just hope a better and well enlightened generation takes over but not to promote ONE NIGERIA on the platform of oppression by one region against another but to promote unity in diversity and respect the fact that resources in my own land belongs to me and should not be oppressively shared to others against my interest!

Old age is equally telling on the frail looking President Muhammadu Buhari!

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by fuckyoumhen: 3:48pm On Apr 04, 2017
askibee:

if I were you I will learn to shut up and act wisely.....but you are not me.
make a sensible post, next time. If you have fact to counter my post, kindly do so instead of you to quote me with shit!
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by OlaMiki: 3:49pm On Apr 04, 2017
Some funny many people that abuse or insult Buhari's personality here have nonentity , poor ,stag illiterate and poverty eaten father in their villages oooo. they will manage buy N1,000 worth of data, begin insult someone that can feed their father, mother and them join for here
kingzizzy:
Buhari is still looking like the dried up Bonga fish he lookwd like when he returned from London.
Gowon, the decietful Northern leader who killed over 3 million people just to keep the British colonial contraption called Nigeria together for the sole purpose of providing Oil money to his fellow Northerners. What a disgrace of a man

And then there is Buhari, the only African leader who cannot defend his secondary school qualifications and has managed to make Nigeria worse than he met it.

These two men are no role models
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by pojok: 3:51pm On Apr 04, 2017
Keneking:
On what account?
Thank you pls, is president Buhari Alive?
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by fuckyoumhen: 3:53pm On Apr 04, 2017
Forta:
[s]I wonder how people just comment just for the sake of commenting . I shake my head at the youths of today who ignorantly comment on issues without due recourse to history and the simplest of search (google). Yakubu Gowon never ate your yam. I'm fact he is the poorest president we ever had. He was overthrown and he had no personal house of his own and np money in his account. He went back to university in England with the support of other people and lined up in a cafeteria with other students . This became a shame to Nigeria ... he still refused assistance from the govt of the day then and only started getting his due pensions as a general during IBBs regime. He advocated for the late Ojukwu to be reinstated and given back his properties. YOUTHS PLS LEARN TO RESEARCH BEFORE EXPOSING YOUR IGNORANCE!!![/s]
but u forgot to tell us how he ascend the throne due to Northernization ryt?
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by vanjos: 3:56pm On Apr 04, 2017
fuckyoumhen:
u sabi! GEJ said corruption is more than stealing, any act of favouritism is part of corruption. Yakubu Gowon was made head of state over his senior in the military just because he is a Northerner! Northernization agenda has been part of the northerners mentality since the days of Ahmadu Bello!
Nonsense
Ahmadu Bello's self centeredness and his- me and my- Muslim- mentality coupled with his body language in those days brought about all Nigeria's current woes. It's high time we stop referro to the selfish labour of our so-called heroes past.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by pojok: 3:59pm On Apr 04, 2017
OlaMiki:
Some funny many people that abuse or insult Buhari's personality here have nonentity , poor ,stag illiterate and poverty eaten father in their villages oooo. they will manage buy N1,000 worth of data, begin insult someone that can feed their father, mother and them join for here
Thank you but no thanks, they born u well?
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by ooshinibos: 4:01pm On Apr 04, 2017
seunlayi:
I loved the spirit in this man called Gowon
are you for real ?...please explain why you loved the spirit in this man called Gowon
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by Demo0(m): 4:08pm On Apr 04, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
old an i mals undecided

That's too harsh
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 04, 2017
Once you see this man in Aso Rock, have in mind that general elections campaigns is about to kick off officially. I hope Nigerians wouldn't repeat their mistakes this time because of peanuts from these politicians Almost four years this administration in power, its been anti people policies one after another.
Cost of items or commodities in the markets are nothing but negative impact to poor masses.

The most corrupt president and administration with his officials.

Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by Praktikals(m): 4:10pm On Apr 04, 2017
holysainbj:

u just insulted someones father!
The people he refered to as animals are fathers too.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by holysainbj(m): 4:15pm On Apr 04, 2017
Praktikals:
The people he refered to as animals are fathers too.
Are you justifying yourself?
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by Praktikals(m): 4:19pm On Apr 04, 2017
holysainbj:

Are you justifying yourself?
Yes, i am. But if u feel otherwise, u can report me to d mods lipsrsealed
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by Temptee101(m): 4:20pm On Apr 04, 2017
Not behind closed doors this time but in front of open doors. God must surely judge you all let's bet
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by Justicealh3(m): 4:26pm On Apr 04, 2017
Keneking:
On what account?
Savings Account.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by Temptee101(m): 4:27pm On Apr 04, 2017
kingzizzy:
Buhari is still looking like the dried up Bonga fish he lookwd like when he returned from London.

Gowon, the decietful Northern leader who killed over 3 million people just to keep the British colonial contraption called Nigeria together for the sole purpose of providing Oil money to his fellow Northerners. What a disgrace of a man

And then there is Buhari, the only African leader who cannot defend his secondary school qualifications and has managed to make Nigeria worse than he met it.

I agree with your assertion wholeheartedly. Gowon was the main reason why Nigeria never progressed rather deteriorated further. After 50years of existence yet no meaningful achievement, if he had obeyed the agreement we wouldn't have been where we are now.

As for buhari, his days are numbered
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by Justicealh3(m): 4:29pm On Apr 04, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I hope Buhari has written his handover note
For?!?
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by opribo(m): 4:32pm On Apr 04, 2017
How does bubu feel when an ex president who is his probably his age mate pays him a courtesy call, doesnt he feel awkward that, that is the role he ought to be playing rather than waste our collective precious time sitting in our Aso rock warming the bench and doing nothing. He cant even go round the states to meet the people and appreciate their challenges, he cant setup think tank teams to move the nation forward. He cant travel and contribute meaningfully at international fora but to just look like a slowpoke. Too bad indeed those who boxed us into this sh1t.

3 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by holysainbj(m): 4:33pm On Apr 04, 2017
Praktikals:
Yes, i am. But if u feel otherwise, u can report me to d mods lipsrsealed
No, definitely no need...time is precious, i wasted some already.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by Praktikals(m): 4:41pm On Apr 04, 2017
holysainbj:

No, definitely no need...time is precious, i wasted some already.
Its either i missed the part where you condemmed the guy for calling your president and a former head of state ,an animal or u re just such a bad judge.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by CoolAmbience(m): 4:46pm On Apr 04, 2017
kingzizzy:

Please, stop all these misrepresentations. You are not the only Nigerian living. There was a civil war and precious lives were lost. Don't make it look like Gen. Gowon (retd) woke up in the dead of night, and went round killing people one after another.

As for President Buhari's certificate, INEC is in the best position to determine its authenticity not you.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by zudozz: 4:47pm On Apr 04, 2017
from 1960 till date una still dey rule youths. Them go vote una again

3 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by Icon79(m): 5:03pm On Apr 04, 2017
This Gowon sef, he still looks like a teenager. PMB looks much older than him.

O pari
Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by OreMI22: 5:06pm On Apr 04, 2017
DollarAngel:
Yakubu Gowon the architect and chief genocidist of the Biafra Genocide of 1967-1970 is gallivanting across Biafraland in the guise of a prayer warrior but his real motive is the continuous division of Biafrans. Yakubu Gowon is a failure and not trustworthy.

Although Yakubu Gowon was head of state that prosecuted the war, it must be said that after the war he made sure no civilians were killed and punished soldiers that raped.
Many of his commanders were bigots and still went ahead to commit a lot of war crimes. But Gowon's attitude helped the war to truly end in 1970 instead of continuing as a guerrilla warfare if he had started killing people.

if Buhari were anything close to the type of person like Gowon, he would have united all Nigerians after his divisive electoral victory and made sure he showed magnanimity in victory. He won't call some sections of the country 5% that should expect nothing from his regime while he hopes to use their natural resources to develop Fulani land unchallenged. He would have ensured geographic spread in his appointments in line with the Federal Character system of Nigeria. If Buhari did that then, there would not have been pipeline bombings, heightened demand for the Igbos to govern themselves and ofcourse no economic recession.

But Buhari is a cow and believes in chaos than peace. So his chaotic, hate filled reign will soon be over.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by juman(m): 5:11pm On Apr 04, 2017
Generation that failed nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock by PetroleumJelly: 5:11pm On Apr 04, 2017
zudozz:
from 1960 till date una still dey rule youths. Them go vote una again

Na so we see am ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Musiliu Obanikoro's Plan To Join APC / Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage / Nnamdi Wokekoro (Ikwerre 1) Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.