Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,512 members, 7,850,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:39 AM

Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar (31805 Views)

The Properties ICPC Seized From Dibu Ojerinde, Ex-JAMB Registrar / Falana: Buhari’s Greatest Tribute To Kyari Should Be Fixing Public Hospitals / Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by olalat(m): 6:47pm On Apr 04, 2017
vickylincon:
former unilorin vc, the guy turned around the school for good. one of his achievement was elimination of cultist. so I believed if given enough time...he should do well
why minding those defenders of status quo. They never think beyond now. Instead of them to analyse the prospect of the policy all they have is complaining. Visionless people.
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by PROPHETmichael: 6:52pm On Apr 04, 2017
Lai Muhammed be like ''the man is a square peg in a square hole.''
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by sshalom(m): 7:02pm On Apr 04, 2017
One problem with our so called 'technocrats' is that they do not like to build on the foundations of others no matter how laudable the achievements of such platforms are. Simple reasoning should have sufficed to the extent that you don't mend whats not broken and you improve what is working.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by Valpleasure(m): 7:11pm On Apr 04, 2017
[quote author=vickylincon post=55258689]former unilorin vc, the guy turned around the school for good. one of his achievement was elimination of cultist. so I believed if given enough time...he should do well[/quote
Mr President wants a man according to.his heart, both CVs includes fight against corruption and both are well vast in making wrong decisions.
PMB is trying to rewrite GEJ's Legacies.
Case study: Adesina vs Ogbeh
Okonjo vs Aunty Kemi.
All in all, we Nigerians wanted fight against corruption.
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by nsikakekoh: 7:19pm On Apr 04, 2017
Anikulhapo:
Appointing Ishaq Oloyede, a professor of ISLAMIC STUDIES as Registrar of JAMB has been his greatest undoing so far. Oloyede is completely clueless and looks lost in his new position.

How will you appoint a man who studied Islamic studies to head JAMB? JAMB registration process is now a mess, imagine a whole town having just one registration center, aspirants made to undergo hardships just to register for JAMB all because a man who studied Islamic studies was chosen to head JAMB which is reserved for people who studied Maths and Testing (which Dibu Ojerinde studied)

change.
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by truthstands11: 8:06pm On Apr 04, 2017
AnyibestDede:
You can't give out what u dn't have. Buhari is only doing what he knows how to do best. #FAILURE

Perfect summary from you. Absolutely correct. He doesn't understand what it is to lead a great nation of about 180million people. I've never seen such an incompetence in presidency before in my life.
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by MosD: 8:46pm On Apr 04, 2017
But come o, which appointment has he gotten right
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by abdulkayus(m): 9:09pm On Apr 04, 2017
farem:

Not only that, this man does nothing rational but Islamic. when you appoint one who is innately aversed to western education to head something as nationally strategic as Jamb, your guess is as rough as mine (forget about him being professor-its to keep body and soul together)

U are a fool and an unrepentant bigot and hypocrite, if u don't knw, that man is one of d best VC of university of Ilorin. He is a no nonsense man. He was also d chairman of VC association of weat africa or is it Africa. That man love education more than u do.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by abdulkayus(m): 9:11pm On Apr 04, 2017
Jilo83:

1st registra NECO.
replace utme, mpce with utme.
Introduction of cbt.
Releasing of result within a week.
Just to mention a few.

And d CBT u shout abt was actually introduce by this current registrar of jamb b4 other universities and JAMB copied it. This man is a pacesetter

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by farem: 9:17pm On Apr 04, 2017
abdulkayus:

U are a fool and an unrepentant bigot and hypocrite, if u don't knw, that man is one of d best VC of university of Ilorin. He is a no nonsense man. He was also d chairman of VC association of weat africa or is it Africa. That man love education more than u do.

Res ipsa loquitur!
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by AnyibestDede(m): 9:20pm On Apr 04, 2017
truthstands11:

Perfect summary from you. Absolutely correct. He doesn't understand what it is to lead a great nation of about 180million people. I've never seen such an incompetence in presidency before in my life.
Its not his fault boss. We should all hide our faces in shame for having such man as our president
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by Josefben(m): 9:33pm On Apr 04, 2017
As far as I am concerned,weather it dis man or anoda Jamb registrar,dis man tenure will favour me nd will work 4 my gud cos all tinz re working 4 my gud,it intentional,neva failing
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by realnas(m): 9:33pm On Apr 04, 2017
A professor of Hausa language was appointed to head jamb under the obasanjo administration and he was able to about critical reforms that turned things around in jamb .he initiated the paper type based exam that reduced the chances of mal practice to almost zero ,professor oluyede 's degree has nothing to do with his inability to deliver
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by SalamRushdie: 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2017
Even Jamb registration Buhari's govt cannot organise without inflicting hardship on the people yet somebody will come and tell us to vote Buhari in 2019
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by SalamRushdie: 9:40pm On Apr 04, 2017
Josefben:
As far as I am concerned,weather it dis man or anoda Jamb registrar,dis man tenure will favour me nd will work 4 my gud cos all tinz re working 4 my gud,it intentional,neva failing

Typical Nigerian megalomaniac has spoken
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by BerryBlaster: 9:59pm On Apr 04, 2017
Anikulhapo:
Appointing Ishaq Oloyede, a professor of ISLAMIC STUDIES as Registrar of JAMB has been his greatest undoing so far. Oloyede is completely clueless and looks lost in his new position.

How will you appoint a man who studied Islamic studies to head JAMB? JAMB registration process is now a mess, imagine a whole town having just one registration center, aspirants made to undergo hardships just to register for JAMB all because a man who studied Islamic studies was chosen to head JAMB which is reserved for people who studied Maths and Testing (which Dibu Ojerinde studied)

Course of study has nothing to do with been a good administrator. Do you know Prof. Salim, Dibu's predecessor studied Hausa?
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 04, 2017
People like you

Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by nwaanambra1(m): 10:59pm On Apr 04, 2017
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by mapet: 11:49pm On Apr 04, 2017
Lifestone:
Prof Oloyede was a former VC of the University of Ilorin, better by far, and he proved himself. He introduced several reforms including reinforced Computer Based Test, which many University are copying now.
He is generally known to be disruptive and will always want to change the status quo. I think we should give him a chance, he will sort this out.

Bros,

I think you're preaching to the wrong forum. These lost souls will not comprehend you. I mean, I takes a foolish OP to post an insensitive thread that make no sense and for other id.iots to follow suite. First off, what has his studying Islamic studies got to do with his capability for leadership. Secondly who told you Islamic studies is not scholarship? This is how many of some Christians (I assume you are one......and I am one as well) get so insensitive, making no sense and coming out with crude arrogance.

For the records, the new mode of Jamb registration is actually an improvement on the previous mode. It will take an illiterate not to be able to register. If you can create an account and log-in into it like Nairaland, facebook, snapchat and co and you have difficulty in registering on Jamb portal that follows the same model, then you must be the dumbest of a lot. I wonder what is the worry about registration centers when you can do it at the convenience of your phone.......

So who is the mistake?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by mapet: 11:55pm On Apr 04, 2017
Anikulhapo:

While you are have a swell time with your idiotic posting ...... you should know that you have just displayed the height of octane idiocy. Pray tell, what is the thrust of your needless, religious insensitive and myopic rant? This same nonsense was posted on twitter had met a brickwall and people have put the poster in the cesspit.....a rightful place for such. You now run to NL where you know you will see gullible and idiotic folks to hail this your irresponsible submission.........you should bury your head in shame.
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by tosyne2much(m): 12:32am On Apr 05, 2017
godonzoki:
No wonder jamb office in calabar is like apc campaign ground in kano. Gosh.
Haha wink cheesy wink
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by Okwyjesus(m): 12:32am On Apr 05, 2017
It's painful that we don't have a smart president. It shows in almost all his appointment.
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by tosyne2much(m): 1:01am On Apr 05, 2017
mapet:

While you are have a swell time with your idiotic posting ...... you should know that you have just displayed the height of octane idiocy. Pray tell, what is the thrust of your needless, religious insensitive and myopic rant? This same nonsense was posted on twitter had met a brickwall and people have put the poster in the cesspit.....a rightful place for such. You now run to NL where you know you will see gullible and idiotic folks to hail this your irresponsible submission.........you should bury your head in shame.
Bros take it easy
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by Anikulhapo(m): 8:47am On Apr 05, 2017
mapet:

Baba ball out, I don't even know what is going on on Twitter
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by Aniwhyte(m): 5:01pm On Apr 05, 2017
soldierdollar:
grin But will the old hag admit his mistakes ? No. His media aides will continue to defend and patch up his inadequacies and incompetence. The most appalling part is that citizens who are meant to object to the caricature policies are the ones praising every of his wrong moves .
The pioneers of the newly founded BMC ; sarrki , omenkalives, ngenukwenu, madridguy and other APC zombies will not find anything wrong with appointing incompetence to head sensitive positions.

Like Buhari, like Failure
U forgot to mention Antiwailer, beremx, vexdacool, mynd44 etc
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by Organs(m): 5:20pm On Apr 05, 2017
speezyWears:
As expected, Nigerians are too quick to join the band wagon. The OP sold a misleading story about an astute academician and every one of you bought it.
While I admit that the registration process of JAMB this year was an epic failure, this does not in anyway entirely describe the leadership quality of the Man in charge.
Let me quickly state here that the Professor was once the VC of Unilorin and in his time, University of Ilorin was ranked No 1 in Nigeria and 23rd in Africa. The same professor was appointed the Chairman of Africa's VC's Forum during his tenure.
He introduced the first computer based examination in universities.
The tremendous development that the institution witnessed during his time goes without saying.

With that kind of resume, I dont think the decision to appoint him as the registrar of Jamb was uniformed.

I however believe that subsequently, once they get their acts together, alot of improvement will be witnessed.

Thank you for your submission. That is why Nigeria is so,so backward. Too many fools all over the place. That is why they will vote for GEJ again and again, but will run to Dubai.... Go look at Dubai all you mofos, then come back here and say nonsense because he is a Professor of Islamic Studies. Illiteracy indeed is a disease.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by Organs(m): 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2017
farem:

Not only that, this man does nothing rational but Islamic. when you appoint one who is innately aversed to western education to head something as nationally strategic as Jamb, your guess is as rough as mine (forget about him being professor-its to keep body and soul together)

Farem: Dictionary definition of a fool: He who knows not and knows not that he knows not. My chairman, unfortunately, you are a fool, by definition. Do yourself a favour, Go look at his resume, also, understand what it takes to be a professor, also, google Sheik Gumi, an ARABIC scholar, understand what it takes to get there and their contribution to society. The least you can do is show respected. If you hear that someone is a professor of Igbo language, or a Professor in Ifa divinity, show respect because you don't know or understand what it takes to attain such feat and you can only authoritatively say they failed only if they fail at the role they've been placed and not because of a preference in your foolish head of one field or the other. Case in point, a fulani boy, Jubril Aminu went to University of Ibadan and had a long standing record in medicine, his grades has not been equalled in about 40 years and counting. He did the same in the UK becoming a consultant Cardiologist at age 29. Administratively he is a "buffon" messing up the Educational and Petroleum sector.
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by joyandfaith: 7:38am On Aug 22, 2021
Organs:

Thank you for your submission. That is why Nigeria is so,so backward. Too many fools all over the place. That is why they will vote for GEJ again and again, but will run to Dubai.... Go look at Dubai all you mofos, then come back here and say nonsense because he is a Professor of Islamic Studies. Illiteracy indeed is a disease.

Is Gej still the problem now?
Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by authority2006(m): 8:42am On Aug 22, 2021
AceRoyal
melejo
AnyibestDede
adorablepepple
botad
Jilo83
Anikulhapo

Do you guys still have the same opinion about the "Islamic professor" today?

soldierdollar:
grin But will the old hag admit his mistakes ?

Your own choice of words was even toxic! Spits

vickylincon:
former unilorin vc, the guy turned around the school for good. one of his achievement was elimination of cultist. so I believed if given enough time...he should do well

Kudos

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Greatest Mistake Is The Appointment Of Ishaq Oloyede As JAMB Registrar by FarahAideed: 8:49am On Aug 22, 2021
I think the man should be sent to head either power or works ministry ...he seems to know how to get things done ...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Shell, Chevron, Other Oil Majors Are Leaving Nigeria / Nobody Died At Lekki Tollgate: Pro-buhari Protesters storm Unity Fountain, Abuja / Ekiti Gets NAF Base, As Oyebanji, CAS Turn Sod At Airport Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.