Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? (1688 Views)

Why Most Christians Don't Have The Capacity To Perform Miracles / Mistakes Most Christians In Nigeria Make / Why Are Christians Against Separate Islamic Section On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by iamSi(m): 7:10pm On Apr 06, 2017
Did you mean World Power ? Well, Jesus said " I am not part of the world, neither do my goverment . So its either you stick to hos goverment or worlds government . Devil rules the world , christian must havr no part in world politics
EVarn:
Why do many christians oppose the idea of a One World Government?
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by EVarn(m): 7:16pm On Apr 06, 2017
iamSi:
Did you mean World Power ? Well, Jesus said " I am not part of the world, neither do my goverment . So its either you stick to hos goverment or worlds government . Devil rules the world , christian must havr no part in world politics
Yet Jesus paid tax,and paul appealed to caesar; doesnt that strike you as interesting?.
Jesus was speaking of himself,not in anyway encouraging treason or being apolitical.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by luvmijeje(f): 7:52pm On Apr 06, 2017
EVarn:
I'm singling out christians because we are the ones who demonize the idea; muslim sects already have the believe of a global caliphate,an islamic world government that will be headed by the caliph.
The whites will not "rule over you"; it would be a world federation where every continent has autonomy.

You are confused. If every continent is autonomous then it's no longer a central government.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by iamSi(m): 7:54pm On Apr 06, 2017
We have our dues to pay whatever is due to the goverment but there is a sure boundary. What belongs to ceaser pay back to ceaser . Plus in case you dont know it is wrong speaking or abusing those in power .

Treason ? I guess that word is just too powerful to be used in here . Maybe you should review the meaning Sir.
Politics is a religion on its own , dont tell me you dont know this yet. Dont shade this part sir, Devil rules the world so why be part of such rulership.

Mind you, I pay my taxes and dues , cos I am paying for services rendered . That does not mean am part of it.

EVarn:
Yet Jesus paid tax,and paul appealed to caesar; doesnt that strike you as interesting?.
Jesus was speaking of himself,not in anyway encouraging treason or being apolitical.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by EVarn(m): 8:01pm On Apr 06, 2017
luvmijeje:

You are confused. If every continent is autonomous then it's no longer a central government.
Think of how Nigeria is run,the states have autonomy yet the federal government is central and supreme.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by EVarn(m): 8:13pm On Apr 06, 2017
iamSi:
We have our dues to pay whatever is due to the goverment but there is a sure boundary. What belongs to ceaser pay back to ceaser . Plus in case you dont know it is wrong speaking or abusing those in power .

Treason ? I guess that word is just too powerful to be used in here . Maybe you should review the meaning Sir.
Politics is a religion on its own , dont tell me you dont know this yet. Dont shade this part sir, Devil rules the world so why be part of such rulership.

Mind you, I pay my taxes and dues , cos I am paying for services rendered . That does not mean am part of it.

You do not pay tax or appeal to an institution for judgement like paul did if you do not believe in the authenticity of the authority.How can you accept and pay for a service rendered if you are not part of the system?.
Yes,politics is a religion but it is not a separate kind of religion,rather it is what we do even in our religion.Try reviewing the meaning of religion if in doubt.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by orisa37: 8:27pm On Apr 06, 2017
EVarn:
Did jesus teach this?

Yes. Jesus taught this and much more in the Sermon on the Mount.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by EVarn(m): 8:35pm On Apr 06, 2017
orisa37:

Yes. Jesus taught this and much more in the Sermon on the Mount.
Please,attach the book,chapter and verses of the bible where jesus taught that.
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by Splinz(m): 10:16pm On Apr 06, 2017
Amberon:
Of what benefit will a one would government be? Does it even make any sense?

Oh yes, a one world supergovernment does make a lot of sense and will come.

But of course, this kind of government will never come by the workings of men, as men can only form alliances. But talking of a One Central World Government, where all other rules and authorities flows from, it can never happen!

This GOVERNMENT is only that of the "King of kings and Lord of lords", and shall reign over all flesh. Yes, "thy Kingdom (government) come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven".
Re: Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 07, 2017
MrPRevailer:

The One World Government is the time when stubborn/wicked/pleasure sinners will gladly receive the MARK OF THE BEAST to their doom.

Christian believers have been watching for this for thousands of years and preaching it. We have endured being mocked as Conspiracy theorists for centuries. Now that it is coming to pass, the chameleon has changed its colour. If you go further in your unbelief (millions/billions will) you will regret in forever. And that is immediately after the 7 years One World Government.
undecided
Another one

(1) (2) (Reply)

How The Ivy League Universities Lost Their Christian Identities / Pastor Funke's Preaching Finally & Completely Destroyed / The Most Expensive Bride Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.