Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

No One Ever Went Upstairs—A Scary Story From The Be Scared Blog - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / No One Ever Went Upstairs—A Scary Story From The Be Scared Blog (913 Views)

Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) / The Mysterious Girl(a Love Story From Epiphanus) / SIN CITY Episode2(fictional Story) From Prime Insane Universe By (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No One Ever Went Upstairs—A Scary Story From The Be Scared Blog by LordOfNaira: 9:41am On Apr 06, 2017
In my second year at Walx University, university authorities asked us old students to leave the hostels. We had to get a room off-campus. And so my hunt for a house began.

The communities near the school had abundant houses for rent but most of these houses had graves around them. Some even had graves inside them.

There was a room I almost took. It was perfect and cheap and I was excited until I noticed dates on the floor of the room. I looked very well and realized that it was a date of death inscribed into a grave that was flush with the floor.

Finally, I got a house. It was a one-storey building. Though it had no graves around it, it faced buildings that had them. It was the best around and so I took it.

The house had a wooden staircase that led upstairs. I soon realized that nobody lived upstairs and that only a family: a man, his wife and three daughters, and I lived downstairs.

I never went upstairs. Not that I was scared. I just never thought to explore the floor. Moreover, no one ever went upstairs. The top of the staircase was dark and it sometimes made my skin creep.

One evening, my neighbours went for a vigil and I was all alone in the house. I wasn’t scared. I shut the front and back doors and left the lights in the corridor on.

I went to bed soon after but woke up suddenly to the sound of footsteps slowly climbing up the wooden staircase. My heart began to beat so fast that I feared the thing climbing up the staircase would hear and come to investigate it.

Soon I heard a door open upstairs and shut with a bang that made me shudder and swallow painfully. I heard footsteps in the room directly above me. Things were being shifted about and then the sound of sweeping and then silence.

The next morning, I told my neighbours about it.

‘That must have been Sade,’ the husband said matter-of-factly to the wife and then to me.

‘Who is Sade?’ I asked.

‘She was the landlord’s daughter. She committed suicide in that room.’

Read more scary Nigerian stories here: https://beescared..com

Re: No One Ever Went Upstairs—A Scary Story From The Be Scared Blog by LordOfNaira: 9:47am On Apr 06, 2017
CC Vivaciousvivi, lordofwar, sod09, davidif, ipledge10, ReneeNuttal, rossyc, shestrong, Mjbolt, prodigee, Greatzeus, nelslimkicks, orikinla, Johnstar, dragonking3, Electronzeez, Gdefo, ken4luff, Deejacy2, michas69, Oluwatobi1234, movay, kealdrogo, lorita96, Gmajor...
Re: No One Ever Went Upstairs—A Scary Story From The Be Scared Blog by LeChris(m): 10:18am On Apr 06, 2017
LordOfNaira is thad de end??
Re: No One Ever Went Upstairs—A Scary Story From The Be Scared Blog by LordOfNaira: 10:48am On Apr 06, 2017
LeChris:
LordOfNaira is thad de end??

Yes... it is a flash fiction!!!
Re: No One Ever Went Upstairs—A Scary Story From The Be Scared Blog by Nickizoe(f): 5:58pm On May 14, 2017
Check your blog.blogger! Cool piece yesterday! Lordofnaira!
Re: No One Ever Went Upstairs—A Scary Story From The Be Scared Blog by LordOfNaira: 3:28pm On May 15, 2017
Nickizoe:

I was offline for two days. I had to tidy up some things. Thank you, my sweet Nicki. I will check the blog right away!!!

1 Like

Re: No One Ever Went Upstairs—A Scary Story From The Be Scared Blog by LordOfNaira: 3:43pm On May 15, 2017
Nickizoe:

I have checked it, Nicki. Thank you. And you are so beautiful!!!
Re: No One Ever Went Upstairs—A Scary Story From The Be Scared Blog by Nickizoe(f): 9:02pm On May 16, 2017
LordOfNaira:

I have checked it, Nicki. Thank you. And you are so beautiful!!!
welcome
Re: No One Ever Went Upstairs—A Scary Story From The Be Scared Blog by LordOfNaira: 9:38pm On May 16, 2017
Nickizoe:
welcome
My Queen!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Emperorblog / My Sugar Mummy Experience / Need Help On D Title Of A Book I Once Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.