Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (721042 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by samuelizz(m): 8:12am On Nov 03, 2017
ModestGal:

dont go for chemistry,write another post utme next year. best advise ever. dont waste your time studying a course that getting a job would be hell at the end of the day

Hmm...
Is there any course you study in Nigeria and getting a job is easier?

NO!

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Atlantia(f): 8:16am On Nov 03, 2017
oldfoolnigger:

Gezzz...Irony of life.....U just remind me of ur another trait which I didn't remember initially.... Chronic observer....

lozzzz

DM?
Chronic observer kwa... You're not serious.

Go ahead.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 8:21am On Nov 03, 2017
Condomsir,thanksangry

Congrats too,ur mark is too high for poor statistics, I can hear from afar the cry of statistics... She be like some aspirants gat zero chillangry
congrats once againangry

I still remember vividly ur promise at the nascent stage of this thread,I Chris never forget something... lozzangry

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 8:23am On Nov 03, 2017
chiomameeshocked shocked

congrats
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 8:25am On Nov 03, 2017
Atlantia:
Chronic observer kwa... You're not serious.

Go ahead.
tongue

Walks into her DM like a king. clear road everybody. lolzzzz
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by jerrykuvira(m): 8:26am On Nov 03, 2017
Nltaliban:

I strongly advise any educational course that is 50, courses in faculty of agriculture and

Wild life and ecotourism management
Education in Nigeria??
Isn't it risky

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Phemhografx: 8:39am On Nov 03, 2017
ModestGal:
please someone should help me what is Elds in the admission,what does it stand for

Educational Less Developed State...... UI gives special consideration(pertaining to cut off mark) to those from
the state affected states
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ChiomaMee: 8:51am On Nov 03, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
chiomameeshocked shocked

congrats
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ModestGal(f): 8:54am On Nov 03, 2017
samuelizz:

Hmm...
Is there any course you study in Nigeria and getting a job is easier?

NO!
sure,if one play very smart, there are some courses that no matter how smart you play,your succes is still determined by luck

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by davidj20: 9:24am On Nov 03, 2017
@condom sir, please what is ur aggregate score?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 03, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
Condomsir,thanksangry

Congrats too,ur mark is too high for poor statistics, I can hear from afar the cry of statistics... She be like some aspirants gat zero chillangry
congrats once againangry

I still remember vividly ur promise at the nascent stage of this thread,I Chris never forget something... lozzangry

Bro why I no com get your WhatsApp number na angry
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Temilistic22(m): 9:38am On Nov 03, 2017
CondomSir:
I say a very big thank you to those who congratulated me. Sincerely the journey has been rough. Very rough! But again, we all know the journey to success has always been rough.

Congratulations to you guys starting from the pilot of this group,

Ajet01
Ntaliban
TheHistorian
Bobola07
KingOvo
Rursh
Fashmann
Samuelizz
Oldfoolnigger
Anonymous2001
Budkan
Mobuoy19
Abdulsamiuh

and others who will be admitted on merit into the first and the best university in Nigeria, the University of Ibadan. We are all Victorians!

My special appreciation and "journey so far" note coming after the admission list. Stay tuned!

Why am I not included?

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 03, 2017
Temilistic22:

Why am I not included?

Ah!

I'm very sorry sir!
I wrote that in the midnight while I was still feeling sleepy and I had a shallow memory of everyone who made it. I could only remember some very constant participants here. Why you sef dey ghost mode all this while enh

A special congratulations to you bro!

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Abidx22(m): 9:53am On Nov 03, 2017
TheHistorian:
Congratulations to the lucky ones who made it(on merit).

On the otherhand,If you are an Indigene of the following states

Adamawa,
Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River,
Ebonyi, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano,
Kastina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa,
Niger, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba,
Yobe, and Zamfara.
Please how true is this info of yours? My brother has an aggregate score of 58 for Sociology, and the Merit cut off mark is 62.25 while ELDS is 56. Any chance for him being admitted?
And by any chance,you fall short of the Merit list cut off.Your admission is secured if you have an aggregate higher than that of the ELDS' cut-off mark provided alongside your aspiring courses.

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Abidx22(m): 9:56am On Nov 03, 2017
TheHistorian:
Congratulations to the lucky ones who made it(on merit).

On the otherhand,If you are an Indigene of the following states

Adamawa,
Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River,
Ebonyi, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano,
Kastina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa,
Niger, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba,
Yobe, and Zamfara.

And by any chance,you fall short of the Merit list cut off.Your admission is secured if you have an aggregate higher than that of the ELDS' cut-off mark provided alongside your aspiring courses.
Please how true is this info of yours? My brother has an aggregate score of 58 for Sociology, and the Merit cut off mark is 62.25 while ELDS is 56. Any chance for him being admitted?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Temilistic22(m): 9:58am On Nov 03, 2017
Aybalance:
lolz...i failed bro,so i will reserve that till next year...congratulations once more
Wow, your comment was so emotional and touching.
You're so optimistic, affirmative, adamant, intrepid, enthralling, unwavering (abeg lend me grammar).
It really takes a great person to make such a great statement.
No one is a failure until he accept he is a failure.
I pray you make it next time.
You dream shall also come true
Thanks for celebrating with me

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Mobuoy19: 9:59am On Nov 03, 2017
Abidx22:

If he is from any ELD state, his admission is guaranteed
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Temilistic22(m): 10:03am On Nov 03, 2017
CondomSir:

Ah!

I'm very sorry sir!
I wrote that in the midnight while I was still feeling sleepy and I had a shallow memory of everyone who made it. I could only remember some very constant participants here. Why you sef dey ghost mode all this while enh

A special congratulations to you bro!
Thanks o... and ehn I no be sir
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Abidx22(m): 10:24am On Nov 03, 2017
Thanks for the response, but in conventional admission processes, there is always room for Merit List, Catchment Areas, and Locality. So, it's either one scale through via any of the three platforms. And I thought I saw something related to this sometimes ago when the VC said 40% of applicants will be admitted based on merit while 30% or so will be considered from ELDS and the remaining will be for Catchment Areas and Locality and not forgetting that all states of the federation are Catchment Areas of the Institution.

Mobuoy19:

If he is from any ELD state, his admission is guaranteed
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Pes13: 10:34am On Nov 03, 2017
Life will not give what you want, but what you demand.

I once scored 188 in jamb

4 marks have denied me admission into Mbbs on two different occasions.

Folks start telling me its the will of God or my destiny is not attached to being a doctor.

Its the will of God for me to fail? Impossible people.

Thank God I ignored them.

From 188 jamb score to 322 jamb score.

From scoring 29 in jamb physics to scoring 93 in the same jamb physics

From 4 marks on 2 occasion below cutoff for Mbbs to almost 8.5 marks above Mbbs cutoff.

People who saw my aggregate of 80.25 never knew it came from pain, anger, tears, desperation, perseverance, determination.

Not everyone will get things on a platter of Gold.

It happens I am part of those who didn't get it on a platter of gold.

People like me changed the world. People who don't accept defeat but stand up to it.

I can't even share all my defeats, and serial back to back disappointments here.

But I hope at least one person can be encouraged and take up the baton again and run that race.

Elrapido , I hope you see this. You aren't alone. There are people who have walked that path and succeeded.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 03, 2017
Pes13:

Folks start telling me its the will of God or my destiny is not attached to being a doctor.

From 4 marks on 2 occasion below cutoff for Mbbs to almost 8.5 marks above Mbbs cutoff.

People who saw my aggregate of 80.25 never knew it came from pain, anger, tears, desperation, perseverance, determination.

People like me changed the world. People who don't accept defeat but stand up to it.

I can't even share all my defeats, and serial back to back disappointments here.

But I hope at least one person can be encouraged and take up the baton again and run that race.

Elrapido , I hope you see this. You aren't alone. There are people who have walked that path and succeeded.

Nice words bro.. smiley
Pes13:

Nice words bro..

Pes13:

Nice words bro.. smiley
Pes13:

Nice words bro..
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by CROWNesty: 10:59am On Nov 03, 2017
Pes13:

wow,this very helpful.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by hydee123(m): 11:02am On Nov 03, 2017
How To Check Admission Status in JAMB CAPS portal and ACCEPT or REJECT
http://www.universityadmissionconsult.com/2017/11/how-to-check-admission-status-in-jamb.html?m=1
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by CROWNesty: 11:18am On Nov 03, 2017
Pes13:

CONGRATULATIONS Sir. Please i need your help, I put in for MBBS but I just got close to the cutoff but I am not giving up just like that . I know by the grace of God Almighty I will make it,but I want you to do me a favour by recommending any text book that will be useful for me in both jamb and post utme in the required subjects or any useful additional tips, my email is crownesty1@gmail.com.Thanks.

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by anonymous2001(f): 11:19am On Nov 03, 2017
This is really inspiringg
Pes13:

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 11:28am On Nov 03, 2017
Ijengbe:

This thread is the only link I have with everyone........sent you an e-mail already

I will reach you sha
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 11:30am On Nov 03, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
Congrats to all people who made it heresad

Congrats too in advance to those who didn't meet their various courses' cutoff marks
The battle is not yet over so pls let ur hope of making it this year be intact,don't let it to be 'dashed'

Atlantia the greedy girl and kingovo I strongly greet u guysshocked
Dr Nltaliban, I commend ur effort here

To those who took their time to wish me congrats, God bless u all immensely

Expect my long epistles later,friendsangry

Let the brotherly love continue sir,

I look forward to seeing everyone in ui
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 11:31am On Nov 03, 2017
CondomSir:
I say a very big thank you to those who congratulated me. Sincerely the journey has been rough. Very rough! But again, we all know the journey to success has always been rough.

Congratulations to you guys starting from the pilot of this group,

Ajet001
Ntaliban
TheHistorian
Bobola07
KingOvo
Rursh
Fashmann
Samuelizz
Oldfoolnigger
Anonymous2001
Budkan
Mobuoy19
Abdulsamiuh

and others who will be admitted on merit into the first and the best university in Nigeria, the University of Ibadan. We are all Victorians!

My special appreciation and "journey so far" note coming after the admission list. Stay tuned!

see your list like long chain hydrocarbon grin grin

Congratulations

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 11:32am On Nov 03, 2017
sammiekyle:
pls help...i had 68.25 as my aggregate and i'm goin fr mbbs...wat are my options..is it possible at al dat i'm considered as cut off is 71

No.

You can change to vet or microbiology

During the COC

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 11:38am On Nov 03, 2017
ModestGal:
please someone should help me what is Elds in the admission,what does it stand for

ELDS means educationally less developed state

They include Bayelsa, Ebonyi, Jigawa, Zamfara, Adamawa, Bauchi, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Gombe, Jigawa, Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba and Yobe
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 11:40am On Nov 03, 2017
ModestGal:

dont go for chemistry,write another post utme next year. best advise ever. dont waste your time studying a course that getting a job would be hell at the end of the day
undecided undecided undecided

She should waste a whooping Year when she has the opurtunity to study now?

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 11:42am On Nov 03, 2017
jerrykuvira:

Education in Nigeria??
Isn't it risky

If you check well, I gave a number of options

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (463) (Reply)

2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72