Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,817 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (721449 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Pes13: 11:44am On Nov 03, 2017
CROWNesty:
CONGRATULATIONS Sir. Please i need your help, I put in for MBBS but I just got close to the cutoff but I am not giving up just like that . I know by the grace of God Almighty I will make it,but I want you to do me a favour by recommending any text book that will be useful for me in both jamb and post utme in the required subjects or any useful additional tips, my email is crownesty1@gmail.com.Thanks.

For the textbooks

English - Invisible teacher by dele ashade and past questions. Pls make sure you get it, very helpful.

Physics - Okeke, new school, lamlad and past questions

Chemistry - Ababio, lamlad and past questions

Biology - Modern , essential biology, lamlad, past questions.

I noticed more than 65% of the questions UI asked are what I have seen and solved. I concluded that the above materials are part of what they used.

If you can get college physics and chemistry also , it all good because UI lifted a calculation question from college physics word for word this year.

Finally, if u will be picking UI again, take the pain to read through thread between 2012 - 2016. I can tell you UI repeated 5-6 questions from chemistry 2015.

Best of luck.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 11:44am On Nov 03, 2017
CondomSir:

grin grin grin grin

Bro why I no com get your WhatsApp number na angry
shocked

Your whatsapp can never be complete without his number
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by CROWNesty: 11:48am On Nov 03, 2017
[quote author=Pes13 post=62032862]

For the textbooks

English - Invincible teacher by dele ashade and past questions. Pls make sure you get it, very helpful.

Physics - Okeke, new school, lamlad and past questions

Chemistry - Ababio, lamlad and past questions

Biology - Modern , essential biology, lamlad, past questions.

I noticed more than 65% of the questions UI asked are what I have seen and solved. I concluded that the above materials are part of what they used.

If you can get college physics and chemistry also , it all good because UI lifted a calculation question from college physics word for word this year.

Finally, if u will be picking UI again, take the pain to read through thread between 2012 - 2016. I can tell you UI repeated 5-6 questions from chemistry 2015.

Best of luck.
[/quot0e] Thanks a lot.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 11:49am On Nov 03, 2017
Pes13:
Life will not give what you want, but what you demand.

I once scored 188 in jamb

4 marks have denied me admission into Mbbs on two different occasions.

Folks start telling me its the will of God or my destiny is not attached to being a doctor.

Its the will of God for me to fail? Impossible people.

Thank God I ignored them.

From 188 jamb score to 322 jamb score.

From scoring 29 in jamb physics to scoring 93 in the same jamb physics

From 4 marks on 2 occasion below cutoff for Mbbs to almost 8.5 marks above Mbbs cutoff.

People who saw my aggregate of 80.25 never knew it came from pain, anger, tears, desperation, perseverance, determination.

Not everyone will get things on a platter of Gold.

It happens I am part of those who didn't get it on a platter of gold.

People like me changed the world. People who don't accept defeat but stand up to it.

I can't even share all my defeats, and serial back to back disappointments here.

But I hope at least one person can be encouraged and take up the baton again and run that race.

Elrapido , I hope you see this. You aren't alone. There are people who have walked that path and succeeded.

Man!!!!

Biggest congratulations to you

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by babablogger: 11:56am On Nov 03, 2017
Abidx22:
Thanks for the response, but in conventional admission processes, there is always room for Merit List, Catchment Areas, and Locality. So, it's either one scale through via any of the three platforms. And I thought I saw something related to this sometimes ago when the VC said 40% of applicants will be admitted based on merit while 30% or so will be considered from ELDS and the remaining will be for Catchment Areas and Locality and not forgetting that all states of the federation are Catchment Areas of the Institution.
UI doesn't use catchment area

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by babablogger: 11:57am On Nov 03, 2017
Abidx22:
Thanks for the response, but in conventional admission processes, there is always room for Merit List, Catchment Areas, and Locality. So, it's either one scale through via any of the three platforms. And I thought I saw something related to this sometimes ago when the VC said 40% of applicants will be admitted based on merit while 30% or so will be considered from ELDS and the remaining will be for Catchment Areas and Locality and not forgetting that all states of the federation are Catchment Areas of the Institution.

Ui doesn't use catchment area
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Temilistic22(m): 12:00pm On Nov 03, 2017
Pes13:

Folks start telling me its the will of God or my destiny is not attached to being a doctor.

From 4 marks on 2 occasion below cutoff for Mbbs to almost 8.5 marks above Mbbs cutoff.

People who saw my aggregate of 80.25 never knew it came from pain, anger, tears, desperation, perseverance, determination.

People like me changed the world. People who don't accept defeat but stand up to it.

I can't even share all my defeats, and serial back to back disappointments here.

But I hope at least one person can be encouraged and take up the baton again and run that race.

Elrapido , I hope you see this. You aren't alone. There are people who have walked that path and succeeded.

Congrats sir,
I love your determination.
Those words are very inspiring. (Tears of joy) wink

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Samsonyte(m): 12:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
I Failed the exam, by not meet up with the required cut-off marks.
I,ve Decided to colet DPP FORM for Poly Ibadan
Pls does anyone have the idea of DPP tuition fee in Poly Ibadan

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by linconab(m): 12:48pm On Nov 03, 2017
Dpp fee is 40k for 1st semester and 30k for second semester
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Samsonyte(m): 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2017
linconab:
Dpp fee is 40k for 1st semester
and 30k for second semester
What about full time
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Phemhografx: 1:12pm On Nov 03, 2017
Pes13:

Man u av just created an exhortative mood 4 a depressed guy........ More success on ur path

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Temilistic22(m): 2:03pm On Nov 03, 2017
What next now
GCE - checked
WAEC - checked
NECO - checked
JAMB - checked
UI POST UTME - checked
Aggregate score - checked
Merit List - checked

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Aybalance: 3:02pm On Nov 03, 2017
Nltaliban:

I would love to have your contact
its my pleasure...i will get back to you ASAP
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Aybalance: 3:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
tolusan:

I saw your comment and I had to scroll back. Having the courage to say it as it is is a sure sign of success. I'm sure you'd hit the target on your next try. Keep moving. Kudos.... You're not a failure.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by jerrykuvira(m): 3:16pm On Nov 03, 2017
how long before the merit list will be out. any speculated dates based on past actions.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Aybalance: 3:24pm On Nov 03, 2017
Temilistic22:

Wow, your comment was so emotional and touching.
You're so optimistic, affirmative, adamant, intrepid, enthralling, unwavering (abeg lend me grammar).
It really takes a great person to make such a great statement.
No one is a failure until he accept he is a failure.
I pray you make it next time.
You dream shall also come true
Thanks for celebrating with me
Am stronger with this... Thanks

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by mkolawole: 3:45pm On Nov 03, 2017
pls I had 54.8 and wan study economics,is there a chance for change of course abi wat next?secondly, will catchment area be considered just as ELDS pls?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by kidneystones(m): 4:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
Ennymaj:

Just admitted.....Though admission list isn't out yet ...

Meaning , ur score exceeded the cut off . nice one sis .. Check ur mail . ?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by rafo200(m): 5:18pm On Nov 03, 2017
pls....I need someone to enlighten me on what to do next....I failed this year post utme more than woefully........am seeking advice from those that passed this post utme excellently..I want to know if all these program(I.e ijmb Jupep )can be of help for the next jamb and post utme ,I don't mind tutorials also...
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by fineyemi(m): 5:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
Checking of ur admission status now require you to login with your email address and password.

See Full Details below

Confirm 2017 Admission Status on Your JAMB Profile Now
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 6:11pm On Nov 03, 2017
Aybalance:
its my pleasure...i will get back to you ASAP
OK boss
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2017
sammiekyle:
pls help...i had 68.25 as my aggregate and i'm goin fr mbbs...wat are my options..is it possible at al dat i'm considered as cut off is 71

Its best you do coc.
As Nltalibam said, Vet med or microbiology are good options.

You can also consider biochemistry.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by bukdan: 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
Temilistic22:
What next now
GCE - checked
WAEC - checked
NECO - checked
JAMB - checked
UI POST UTME - checked
Aggregate score - checked
Merit List - checked
Is the merit list out?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by neurojosh(m): 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
guys, ajet001, bobola07. congrats guys.. i'm awaiting oau list tho.. cut-off 4 mbbs is 76. my agg is 75.6... hoping for the very best.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Interesting15: 6:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
CROWNesty:
CONGRATULATIONS Sir. Please i need your help, I put in for MBBS but I just got close to the cutoff but I am not giving up just like that . I know by the grace of God Almighty I will make it,but I want you to do me a favour by recommending any text book that will be useful for me in both jamb and post utme in the required subjects or any useful additional tips, my email is crownesty1@gmail.com.Thanks.
In addition (I'm an art student though)

But, If I should give anyone an advice, it will be:

STUDY JAMB PAST QUESTIONS

As in,

BUY JAMB PAST QUESTIONS FOR YOUR FOUR SUBJECTS, AND STUDY FROM COVER TO COVER.

Then,

GET FAMILIAR WITH JAMB'S WAYS OF SETTING QUESTIONS.

STUDY JAMB PAST QUESTIONS!!!

I wish I can continue saying this...
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by bukdan: 6:47pm On Nov 03, 2017
neurojosh:
guys, ajet001, bobola07. congrats guys.. i'm awaiting oau list tho.. cut-off 4 mbbs is 76. my agg is 75.6... hoping for the very best.
oau's merit list is out
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by sirgalahad26(m): 6:48pm On Nov 03, 2017
i have decided to be in ghost mode till the release of cut-off. even though i narrowly exceed the cut-off with just 1.5 points i still thank my god.it has been him all the way!
congratulations to Ajet001,Condomsir,TheHistorian,Oldfoolnigga and other bosses in the house!
any linguistics or linguistics with yoruba aspirants in the house should show face!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Temilistic22(m): 6:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
rafo200:
pls....I need someone to enlighten me on what to do next....I failed this year post utme more than woefully........am seeking advice from those that passed this post utme excellently..I want to know if all these program(I.e ijmb Jupep )can be of help for the next jamb and post utme ,I don't mind tutorials also...
Hmm!
Before I say anything, I should celebrate your courage towards life and your academic.
Well, I'll just go ahead with my advice, but I must say different strategies works for different people.
First, you need to gather motivation. This might sound crazy but it works. I'll suggest that you should write down all the reasons why you must get your desired score in the next jamb and post utme on a sheet of paper and paste it on your bedroom wall. These might be one of your reasons :
1) You want to gain admission into your desired university to study your desired course
2) You want to prove your secondary school teacher that called you 'olodo' and said you'll never amount to anything wrong
3) You want improve your self-confidence amongst your friends.
It's up to you!
Also, 'lay hands' on any learning material (textbooks and past questions). Those textbooks mentioned above by pes are very useful.

Study for at least five hours ( three hours at a stretch). Study smart, don't study hard. It's quality that matters, not quantity.

With regards to ijmb, I don't really know much about that stuff. So, I won't talk about it.

Attend tutorials only if you need it. Its not everyone that succeeded in jamb and post utme that attended tutorials, and it's not everyone that attended tutorials that succeeded in jamb and post utme. For instance, I didn't attend tutorials when I was preparing for wassce, but when it was time for jamb, I realized that its the smart ones that succeed. So, I attended one 'pinnacles tutorials' in other to hone my calculation speed and accuracy, which is very useful for calculation subjects like maths, physics and chemistry. At the end of the day, the plan worked. Choose what's best for you.

Lastly, when the exam day is at the corner, write
a 'self-mock' exam. This exam involves pretending as if you are actually taking the real exam. Observe the same rule. The benefit of this is that you will know your strength and weakness, which can be addressed before the exam.

I you follow this advice, I assure you that you'll have nothing less than success.

And, by the way, I've never written anything as long as this, even the narrative essay I wrote in wassce was not as lengthy as this. This shows you that I care.
I wish you success
Yours sincerely,
Temilistic 22.
grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by DrBESTJC(m): 7:01pm On Nov 03, 2017
What's the use of going to confirm your admission status on jamb portal even when the admission list by the school is not yet out??

I'm confused here....

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Khan1993: 7:18pm On Nov 03, 2017
Coming here since 2015 feels like yesterday.
Congrat to the newly admitted medics. Gaining admission is one thing in UI, retaining it is another in college of medicine.
My advise, come with the zeal you have in you right now. Don't lax and the sky will be your starting point.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by bukdan: 7:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
TheHistorian, good evening bro. What's all this C.A.P.S
'accept admission" thing. Is the merit list out on JAMB'S website ni?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 7:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
neurojosh:

Wish you well bro...

BTW, when did oau start using % to grade scores?

It used to be (jamb+postume )/2
And cutoffs like 290+ sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (463) (Reply)

2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.