Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (723216 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2017
bukdan:
TheHistorian, good evening bro. What's all this C.A.P.S
'accept admission" thing. Is the merit list out on JAMB'S website ni?

I've logged in

Admission status hasn't reflected yet.

Just be calm.
UI will admit us first.. But let's see how it will go. Any update will be given by UI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by bukdan: 7:37pm On Nov 03, 2017
Bobola07:

I've logged in

Admission status hasn't reflected yet.

Just be calm.
UI will admit us first.. But let's see how it will go. Any update will be given by UI
Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 8:18pm On Nov 03, 2017
bukdan:
Thanks bro.

Uwc... Something similar showed up in futa.
For two days now, some aspirants av been checking their admission status on jamb site and it showed admitted for them. But futa just effected it on their own site today. So any which way. So far admission comes, everything go plum
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 8:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
CondomSir:
I say a very big thank you to those who congratulated me. Sincerely the journey has been rough. Very rough! But again, we all know the journey to success has always been rough.

Congratulations to you guys starting from the pilot of this group,

Ajet001
Ntaliban
TheHistorian
Bobola07
KingOvo
Rursh
Fashmann
Samuelizz
Oldfoolnigger
Anonymous2001
Budkan
Mobuoy19
Abdulsamiuh

and others who will be admitted on merit into the first and the best university in Nigeria, the University of Ibadan. We are all Victorians!

My special appreciation and "journey so far" note coming after the admission list. Stay tuned!

One love bro !
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by agb30: 8:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
Samsonyte:
I Failed the exam, by not meet up with the required cut-off marks.
I,ve Decided to colet DPP FORM for Poly Ibadan
Pls does anyone have the idea of DPP tuition fee in Poly Ibadan
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by agb30: 8:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
If ur point is very close to the cut off point then dont panic,u can still be admitted in subsequent batches,and better still collect coc if it eventually came out

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Rursh(m): 9:00pm On Nov 03, 2017
CondomSir:
I say a very big thank you to those who congratulated me. Sincerely the journey has been rough. Very rough! But again, we all know the journey to success has always been rough.

Ajet001
Ntaliban
TheHistorian
Bobola07
KingOvo
Rursh
Fashmann
Samuelizz
Oldfoolnigger
Anonymous2001
Budkan
Mobuoy19
Abdulsamiuh

and others who will be admitted on merit into the first and the best university in Nigeria, the University of Ibadan. We are all Victorians!

My special appreciation and "journey so far" note coming after the admission list. Stay tuned!

Congrats to you too! how your side?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
Pes13:

For the textbooks

English - Invisible teacher by dele ashade and past questions. Pls make sure you get it, very helpful.

Physics - Okeke, new school, lamlad and past questions

Chemistry - Ababio, lamlad and past questions

Biology - Modern , essential biology, lamlad, past questions.

I noticed more than 65% of the questions UI asked are what I have seen and solved. I concluded that the above materials are part of what they used.

If you can get college physics and chemistry also , it all good because UI lifted a calculation question from college physics word for word this year.

Finally, if u will be picking UI again, take the pain to read through thread between 2012 - 2016. I can tell you UI repeated 5-6 questions from chemistry 2015.

Best of luck.
your response help me bro. Thanks. MBBS. But bro I still want to learn about one thing. Is it possible to finish it before next year Jamb? And I don't know maths much but I want to confront my fears of it,can I know it before the stated event?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by LegendKing(m): 9:18pm On Nov 03, 2017
unbeatenmueez:
your response help me bro. Thanks. MBBS. But bro I still want to learn about one thing. Is it possible to finish it before next year Jamb? And I don't know maths much but I want to confront my fears of it,can I know it before stated event?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by LegendKing(m): 9:18pm On Nov 03, 2017
unbeatenmueez:
your response help me bro. Thanks. MBBS. But bro I still want to learn about one thing. Is it possible to finish it before next year Jamb? And I don't know maths much but I want to confront my fears of it,can I know it before stated event?
This isn't directed to me buh I feel like I should reply. One thing I want you to know is that you can do anything yes I mean ANYTHING just set your mind to it and be focused. You will get what you want. Believe in yourself. It's in YOU.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Reximiliano(m): 9:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
agb30:
If ur point is very close to the cut off point then dont panic,u can still be admitted in subsequent batches,and better still collect coc if it eventually came out
I heard d sch releases just a list how true is that?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by fashmann(m): 9:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
CondomSir:

Ajet001
Ntaliban
TheHistorian
Bobola07
KingOvo
Rursh
Fashmann
Samuelizz
Oldfoolnigger
Anonymous2001
Budkan
Mobuoy19
Abdulsamiuh

boss of bosses

I hail oo...Congrats sir
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by fashmann(m): 9:23pm On Nov 03, 2017
A slight change in cutoff mark has been made to one of the courses on UI portal.

English language and literature cutoff which was originally 65 has now been increased by 0.88

its now 65.88 merit

You guys can check it out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 03, 2017
LegendKing:
This isn't directed to me buh I feel like I should reply. One thing I want you to know is that you can do anything yes I mean ANYTHING just set your mind to it and be focused. You will get what you want. Believe in yourself. It's in YOU.
thanks sir,I appreciate.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:52pm On Nov 03, 2017
sirgalahad26:
i have decided to be in ghost mode till the release of cut-off. even though i narrowly exceed the cut-off with just 1.5 points i still thank my god.it has been him all the way!
congratulations to Ajet001,Condomsir,TheHistorian,Oldfoolnigga and other bosses in the house!
any linguistics or linguistics with yoruba aspirants in the house should show face!

Congrats sir..Best of luck
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by oldfoolnigger(m): 9:55pm On Nov 03, 2017
CondomSir:

grin grin grin grin

Bro why I no com get your WhatsApp number na angry

Here
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 03, 2017
oldfoolnigger:

Here sir.....EPP me remove o my number once u get this msg

Gotten
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by rafo200(m): 10:01pm On Nov 03, 2017
Temilistic22:

Hmm!
Before I say anything, I should celebrate your courage towards life and your academic.
Well, I'll just go ahead with my advice, but I must say different strategies works for different people.
First, you need to gather motivation. This might sound crazy but it works. I'll suggest that you should write down all the reasons why you must get your desired score in the next jamb and post utme on a sheet of paper and paste it on your bedroom wall. These might be one of your reasons :
1) You want to gain admission into your desired university to study your desired course
2) You want to prove your secondary school teacher that called you 'olodo' and said you'll never amount to anything wrong
3) You want improve your self-confidence amongst your friends.
It's up to you!
Also, 'lay hands' on any learning material (textbooks and past questions). Those textbooks mentioned above by pes are very useful.

Study for at least five hours ( three hours at a stretch). Study smart, don't study hard. It's quality that matters, not quantity.

With regards to ijmb, I don't really know much about that stuff. So, I won't talk about it.

Attend tutorials only if you need it. Its not everyone that succeeded in jamb and post utme that attended tutorials, and it's not everyone that attended tutorials that succeeded in jamb and post utme. For instance, I didn't attend tutorials when I was preparing for wassce, but when it was time for jamb, I realized that its the smart ones that succeed. So, I attended one 'pinnacles tutorials' in other to hone my calculation speed and accuracy, which is very useful for calculation subjects like maths, physics and chemistry. At the end of the day, the plan worked. Choose what's best for you.

Lastly, when the exam day is at the corner, write
a 'self-mock' exam. This exam involves pretending as if you are actually taking the real exam. Observe the same rule. The benefit of this is that you will know your strength and weakness, which can be addressed before the exam.

I you follow this advice, I assure you that you'll have nothing less than success.

And, by the way, I've never written anything as long as this, even the narrative essay I wrote in wassce was not as lengthy as this. This shows you that I care.
I wish you success
Yours sincerely,
Temilistic 22.
grin
I learnt a lot from this......tnkx for your time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by KARDEMARH: 10:31pm On Nov 03, 2017
Samsonyte:
I Failed the exam, by not meet up with the required cut-off marks.
I,ve Decided to colet DPP FORM for Poly Ibadan
Pls does anyone have the idea of DPP tuition fee in Poly Ibadan
.... I will advise u nt 2 opt in 4 dat bcus it makes no sense nd datz d new way poly is using 2 make money... I finished mai ND program 4rm dere, INSURANCE dept (DPP)

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Ijengbe: 11:18pm On Nov 03, 2017
Ijengbe:

This thread is the only link I have with everyone........sent you an e-mail already

Nltaliban, seen this?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 11:55pm On Nov 03, 2017
Reximiliano:

I heard d sch releases just a list how true is that?

We can't conclude yet

Last year, one list was released.

But previous years, at least two were released.

But there's a strong pointer that there will be supplementary list this year
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holuwajobar(m): 12:09am On Nov 04, 2017
Bobola07:

We can't conclude yet

Last year, one list was released.

But previous years, at least two were released.

But there's a strong pointer that there will be supplementary list this year
if d supplementary list is released, what kind of candidates will be on d list?

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 12:25am On Nov 04, 2017
holuwajobar:

Mostly change of course candidates
Plus those who were very close to merit cutoff wey get connection.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Debilisinco: 12:28am On Nov 04, 2017
Pls guys am .5 below my cutoff, dunno if I shld do change of course or leave it, course Philosophy
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by inspirational93: 1:56am On Nov 04, 2017
click to download free PDF and educational course materials http://vializer.com/2gJw
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bot9999: 3:27am On Nov 04, 2017
Can anyone help with the course outline for Computer Science 100levell
Please anybody with the information should please share it's important
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by agb30: 5:24am On Nov 04, 2017
Last year coc was advertize for courses with 50 cut off but this yr will be different since most courses are above 50,the only saving grace is jamb cap system which ensure candidate score are rank from the highest to the lowest and it is automated so if u close to cut off point,dont panic u have a chance till ur dept quota is exhausted.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 5:48am On Nov 04, 2017
Ijengbe:

Nltaliban, seen this?

Boss, I've replied your mail
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 5:49am On Nov 04, 2017
holuwajobar:

Candidates who didn't meet up with the requirements of their former course and opted for the change of course
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 5:52am On Nov 04, 2017
Debilisinco:
Pls guys am .5 below my cutoff, dunno if I shld do change of course or leave it, course Philosophy

You will have to do change of course to one of the courses advertised during COC
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holuwajobar(m): 7:05am On Nov 04, 2017
Bobola07:

Mostly change of course candidates
Plus those who were very close to merit cutoff wey get connection.
ok bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (463) (Reply)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.