Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! (48355 Views)

Thinking Of Venturing Into Piggery? / How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria And Grow To Giant Piggery / A Trip To The Biggest Pig Farm In Africa – Oke Aro Piggery Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by dynamix101(m): 1:55pm On Aug 22, 2019
kerriman:
Good morning please add me 08037878888 l am a part time farmer and l want to venture into piggery but l need to know the following
1. Which specie is the best? Is the long or shotmouthed ones
2. Can l buy the pregnant pigs?
3. Majorly what do they feed on?
4. Most important l need contacts of the buyers around Abuja
5. Kindly add me to whatsapp group
Thanks as l expect prompt respond

Hi,
1. What do you want to do?? Fattening or breeding??
2. If you buy pregnant pigs, do you have the capacity to care for them and their young??
3. They feed on maize, soyameal, PKC and cassava
4. You have to do the marketing yourself and determine where the buyers are at

1 Like

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by Ororocelemi(m): 12:14am On Sep 16, 2019
dynamix101:
Hi everyone,

I am continually glad to see that people are taking the bull by the horns and entering into pig farming. Someone just started his farm quite recently and is enthused about the progress he is making. Its slow but its sure; over time you reap the rewards of your labour.

Over the past 3 months, I have gotten calls and chats from people asking that they want a realistic plan on paper to help them plan and know what they need exactly in money terms at particular times and how soon they should realistically begin to make profits. After mulling through and having discussed with someone recently, I decided that this is another problem newbies will always have. Going through a consultant is good but there might be some side effects because:
1. He isn't really doing the business for which he is writing a plan for you
2. He relies on the internet and third party sources for his information
3. The sources might be unrealistic because in Nigeria, we have a huge problem when it concerns knowledge sharing
4. Since he isn't doing the business, he has no idea of the framework and other issues like cost cutting or experimenting with different methods in rearing
5. The plans drafted out are usually one-size-fits-all and this may not bode well as different scenarios require different approaches.

As a result, those with business plans quickly discover that the practical is different from the paper and many run out because they can't believe the realities. Having noted this, I have decided to step in and fill this gap on your behalf.

For you who wants a business plan outlining exactly and realistically how much u need to invest and what running and expansion costs should follow as well as a time frame for profits, I will write a detailed business plan for you. Contact me on phone or Whatsapp 08130227169 let's talk and get it done.

Getting the doer to take your hand and walk you through is a nonnegotiable necessity for you to survive and expand in any business.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you
hi dynamix101 I'm about venturing in to pig business, fattening and selling to be precise and I want to be in your Watsapp group to learn more. God bless you Sir, your trend has been really helpful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by jay7(m): 6:45am On Sep 21, 2019
Thanks @ Dynamix101 you are a rare gem, doing justice to pig farming, pig farming is lucrative but time demanding and if you are the passionate type, you can improve on your breed yourself. Swine don't easily go down like that if you follow your biosecurity very well. It is not a get rich quick scheme like MMM, the more you raise properly the more your profit, my friend has just 4 sow and one exotic breed and he is making his little change from breeding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by dynamix101(m): 2:35pm On Sep 21, 2019
Ororocelemi:
hi dynamix101 I'm about venturing in to pig business, fattening and selling to be precise and I want to be in your Watsapp group to learn more. God bless you Sir, your trend has been really helpful.

You can always WhatsApp me on 08130227169
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by dynamix101(m): 2:51pm On Sep 21, 2019
Good afternoon everyone,

It's been a very hectic last couple of weeks for me (hmmmm!! My weeks are seemingly always hectic cheesy ). I hope your weeks have been less demanding than mine.

I love success stories, yaaaayyyyy!! What's my current success story?? Damilare is one of those who decided to take the risk and delve into pig farming. He started off with more than #200k 3 months ago. We got him animals (14 actually) and he split them into breeding and fattening groups. He just called today to say he had weighed 3 of them for sale and their combined weight was 159kg. @440/kg, that amounts to #69960.

Sounds like nothing worth celebrating?? Let me break it down. In three short months they were able to get past the grower stage to each weigh 53kg. If around 10 or more are around the same size and weight, their combined weight is 530kg and he would sell them at a total of #233200 and have 4 animals left over. Pretty impressive.

Stop watching and waiting and twisting ur thumb and wringing ur hands. Take action today. Remember :

The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago. The second best time is now Confucius

4 Likes

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by soko81(m): 10:13am On Oct 01, 2019
I have read all your posts from the beginning and I must say the it very educative.

Please add me on the WhatsApp group my number is 08069150248

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by deedii: 3:41am On Oct 02, 2019
kindly add 08039619497 Adewumi to your group
soko81:
I have read all your posts from the beginning and I must say the it very educative.

Please add me on the WhatsApp group my number is 08069150248
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by bayulona: 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2019
Hi dynamix101. Really enjoyed the info.. Plz add me to ur watsapp grp 07084937757

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by Deleoyedokun: 11:57am On Nov 17, 2019
Please add me to your whatsapp group 08038499540

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by Izzymore(m): 1:41pm On Nov 17, 2019
If you need any kind of Chicks ...Day old broiler... Day old cockerel...Day old pullets... Local turkey.. Day old putted turkey Point of lay layers... Contact me on 08024110512 whatsApp 07036023050

Prices can be review based on the prevalence prices on Monday and Thursday morning

*WE DELIVER NATION WIDE AND OFFER AFTER SALES SUPPORT TO OUR CLIENTS
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by JaphOBMG(m): 9:51pm On Nov 18, 2019
Mr Dynamix....pls add me to your WhatsApp group... your write ups have been insightful

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by toba1909(m): 10:32pm On Nov 18, 2019
Pls add me to the group
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by deedii: 2:13am On Nov 23, 2019
Please add to the group deedii 08039619497
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by flabush2241: 4:47am On Nov 23, 2019
Pls I want to venture into pig fattening too..... Pls add me to your group...

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by zeestone99(m): 10:42am On Dec 12, 2019
ebena107:
Thank you for this inspiring piece.

I am a newbie with a peculiarity of unavailability of cluster pig farm around here. I am currently building a 30 rooms pen and digging a well for the water supply. any further advice on how a newbie can survive and learn the rope alone?

Also, how possible is it to get quality and pure bred Camborough pigs for a starter? or any advice on other good and high performing breed for starting a breeding herd?

Thanks

You will need this all in one solar street light for your farm. Order now just 25k 60w
Call - 08117398294
Chat - /2348117398294
Email - info@mazinegroup.com

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by dynamix101(m): 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2019
Hello everyone,

Compliments of the season!!! Merry Christmas that's past and a Happy New Year in Advance.

This year 2019 has had a good run. Testimonies have abounded, pains have been borne, procrastination still bit those who it would and a lot of things happened. But in all, we are grateful to God for bringing us to the close of another year.

What was your story like?? Did u make profit in this year?? Did you start your pig farm?? Did you grow yours?? Did you continue in your procrastination??

2020 promises to be a wonderful year. Leave resolutions; the key is to do something new, something you haven't done before, something you have been shelving and kicking your feet about.

I pray you achieve success and grow in the new year.

1 Like

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by JaphOBMG(m): 12:06am On Dec 31, 2019
dynamix101:
Hello everyone,

Compliments of the season!!! Merry Christmas that's past and a Happy New Year in Advance.

This year 2019 has had a good run. Testimonies have abounded, pains have been borne, procrastination still bit those who it would and a lot of things happened. But in all, we are grateful to God for bringing us to the close of another year.

What was your story like?? Did u make profit in this year?? Did you start your pig farm?? Did you grow yours?? Did you continue in your procrastination??

2020 promises to be a wonderful year. Leave resolutions; the key is to do something new, something you haven't done before, something you have been shelving and kicking your feet about.

I pray you achieve success and grow in the new year.

Amen...thank you Sir. Wish to learn more from you particularly in terms of pig fattening.
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by dynamix101(m): 9:20pm On Jan 01, 2020
Happy New Year to us all. This is a season of elevation and stepping into another level.

Impossible is Nothing. Change your Narrative and do something new.

Start that project, gain that knowledge and create that change in your story.

We have done that and we are moving forward and breaking boundaries.

Pix below: Apphia (meaning fruitful), our prize sow, joins us to wish you all a bountiful and fruitful 2020.

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by atesun: 10:01pm On Jan 01, 2020
Please add me on WhatsApp with 07039467293

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by bruzjay: 10:56pm On Jan 01, 2020
07062136047 please add me to the group

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by dynamix101(m): 9:22am On Jan 03, 2020
Good morning all,

For now, there isn't a Whatsapp group. When we are ready to do that, we will get to know. For now anyone who needs to get ahold of me can Whatsapp me on 08130227169.

But please, be serious about starting up. This is a new year, let's not enter it wasting time and dragging our feet.

To your Success!!!
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by dynamix101(m): 6:53pm On Jan 09, 2020
Success only comes to us when we do the right things in the right way and at the right time.

I have been asked questions on different aspects of pig farming recently and I have come across posts and comments that are really unacceptable if we are to make profits and earn a living from this business. The truth is that we are in it for the long haul, creating a breed strain that will give us eventual joy. For others like you, you need to 'hammer' in the shortest possible time. Isn't that what starting a business is all about?? Lol!

In the next few days, I will be replying questions and issues bothering prospective and practising farmers. If you have issues burning on your mind, please post them here or Whatsapp me so we can treat them here. If you want to come over and see the little work we are carrying out in our own little corner at Oke aro, Whatsapp me and let's arrange a visit for you.

To your success in 2020!!!
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by dynamix101(m): 11:19am On Jan 10, 2020
Q1: As a Newbie, What Should I Do; Breeding or Fattening?

Good question for a newbie. You are a novice with no prior experience. Don't think breeding straight away. Just focus on fattening. It easier, less stressful and less hypertensive for you. And depending on what you procured, you can make sales within 2-4 months.

As you get stronger and more experienced, you can then delve into breeding.

1 Like

Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by dynamix101(m): 5:56pm On Jan 14, 2020
Good news!!!!!!!

Finally, we are starting a Whatsapp group, so that I can rest grin cheesy grin

The group will go live tomorrow morning but will be fully active on the 20th of this month.

Note that the method for joining is simply this: Send a whatsapp message to 08130227169 and the group link will be sent to you. Please don't drop your number here, it will not be attended to.

Let's get the party started. To your success!!!
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by dynamix101(m): 6:16pm On Jan 20, 2020
And we are live on Whatsapp....... If you are a pig enthusiast or a prospective entrant and you aren't there, you are missing quite a lot. Get in and get involved.

To your success!!!
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by FarmTech(m): 10:18pm On Jan 20, 2020
Hello dynamix101, pls have you shared pig feed fmlae here? Tnks.
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by whyom09: 3:33am On Jan 28, 2020
WOW! I JUST STUMBLED ON THIS THREAD LATELY AND I MUST SAY THAT THIS IS COMING AT THE RIGHT TIME.

I HAVE GONE THROUGH ALL THE PAGES OF THIS THREAD AND I MUST CONFESS THAT IT WAS AN INTERESTING AND CAPTIVATING READ.
DYNAMIX101 MAY THE LORD RICHLY BLESS AND REWARD YOUR ENDEAVORS WITH SUCCESS.

I AM NOT COMPLETELY A NEWBIE, NEITHER CAN I SAY I'M AN EXPERIENCED PIG FARMER. I CAN RELATE WITH THE CHALLENGES YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH, I.E FROM FEED ISSUES, TO NON PERFORMING ANIMALS, FROM HOUSING ISSUES, TO WASTE MANAGEMENT ISSUES, PESTS/ DISEASES ETC.
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by whyom09: 4:32am On Jan 28, 2020
I STARTED MY JOURNEY INTO PIG FARMING BY PROXY OVER 5 YEARS AGO BUT THE TRADITIONAL WAY AS OBTAINS IN MY COMMUNITY (KYAYYA - KAGOMA IN SOUTHERN KADUNA ALONG ABUJA - KEFFI - JOS ROAD). BUT ALL ALONG IT HAS BEEN STORIES THAT TOUCH THE HEART.

THE PRACTICE WAS/ IS THAT YOU BUY A FEMALE PIGLET AND GIVE IT TO SOMEONE TO REAR FOR YOU AND AFTER SHE HAS FARROWED, YOU WILL GIVE THE PERSON 2 PIGLETS( MALE & FEMALE) WHILE YOU KEEP THE SOW AND REST OF THE PIGLETS.

IN MARCH 2018 I GOT THE PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHING JOB AND GOT POSTED A COMMUNITY NEAR MY VILLAGE. THAT BECAME THE OPPORTUNITY I NEEDED TO TAKE MY DESTINY INTO MY HANDS TO REALLY START SOMETHING I'VE BEEN DREAMING OF FOR OVER 10 YEARS BUT BECAUSE I LACKED THE FINANCIAL CAPACITY TO EMBARK ON THIS PROJECT IN KADUNA METROPOLIS.
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by whyom09: 5:22am On Jan 28, 2020
I STARTED MY PIG FARM WITH 2 GROWERS (MALE & FEMALE). THE MALE WAS FATTEND AND SOLD WHILE THE FEMALE WAS KEPT FOR BREEDING. HOWEVER DUE TO INEXPERIENCE I WAS UNABLE TO DETECT WHEN SHE WAS ON HEAT IN ORDER TO SERVE HER WITH A MALE.

MOVING FORWARD, THE PIG BECAME PREGNANT WHEN SHE WAS RELEASED TO ROAM FREELY IN THE DRY SEASON AND FARROWED ONLY 3 PIGLETS (2 MALES & 1 FEMALE). I LOST THE 2 MALES, 1 DUE TO DISEASE AND THE OTHER DUE COMPLICATIONS ARISING FROM CASTRATION. THE FEMALE PIGLET IS NOT GROWING. SHE IS 10 MONTHS OLD AND LOOKING LIKE A 3/4 MONTHS OLD PIG.
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by whyom09: 5:47am On Jan 28, 2020
LAST YEAR I ADDED ANOTHER FEMALE GROWER. AT 8 MONTHS OF AGE I SERVED HER WITH A MALE ALONGSIDE THE OTHER SOW IN SEPTEMBER 2019. THEY BOTH GOT PREGNANT AROUND THE SAME TIME AND BOTH OF THEM HAVE FARROWED AROUND THE SAME TIME. THE OLDER PIG HAD A LITTER OF 5 PIGLETS WHILE THE YOUNGER PIG HAD 6.
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by whyom09: 6:04am On Jan 28, 2020
[color=#006600][/color][quote author=dynamix101 post=85652472]Success only comes to us when we do the right things in the right way and at the right time.

I have been asked questions on different aspects of pig farming recently and I have come across posts and comments that are really unacceptable if we are to make profits and earn a living from this business. The truth is that we are in it for the long haul, creating a breed strain that will give us eventual joy. For others like you, you need to 'hammer' in the shortest possible time. Isn't that what starting a business is all about?? Lol!

In the next few days, I will be replying questions and issues bothering prospective and practising farmers. If you have issues burning on your mind, please post them here or Whatsapp me so we can treat them here. If you want to come over and see the little work we are carrying out in our own little corner at Oke aro, Whatsapp me and let's arrange a visit for you.

To your success in 2020!!
THANKS!
Re: Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! by whyom09: 7:12am On Jan 28, 2020
@DYNAMIX101, I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS TO ASK. FIRST OF ALL MY QUESTIONS WILL BE FOCUSSED ON PIGLETS MANAGEMENT AND WELFARE.
1. ARE THERE ANY INJECTION(S)/ DRUGS THAT SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY ADMINISTERED TO THE PIGLETS AND THEIR MOTHERS?

2. THE PIGLETS ARE ABOUT 2 WEEKS OLD, IS CLIPPING OF THEIR NEEDLE TEETH NECESSARY?
3. ONE OF THE PIGLETS HARDLY SUCKLES AS RESULT IT IS LOOKING VERY TINY. FOR NOW I'M USING COW MILK FROM FULANI WOMEN TO FEED IT. IS THERE ANY OTHER THING I SHOULD DO?

THESE ARE THE MOST URGENT QUESTIONS WILL COME IN LATER. THANKS IN ANTICIPATION FOR YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Many Bags Of Feed Do U Need To Raise 300 Broiler To 7 Weeks / Sack Farming From Start / Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.