Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,310 members, 7,819,056 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day (61593 Views)

FG Declares Monday Public Holiday For Maulud Celebration / FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-in-nigeria Dress Days / Buhari Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As 'made-in-nigeria Dress Day' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by dunkem21(m): 3:11am On Apr 08, 2017
vncntluv:

Lol..Monday is pure official? Because it is the first day at work for the week or what? Now tell me how Monday is more official than Tuesday and any other working day. You do what you do in your office Monday through Friday so what exactly makes Monday more official?

One question ..why do companies/people prefer to wear natives on friday? You always hear them say TGIF .. cool
Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Nigeman: 5:08am On Apr 08, 2017
dunkem21:
How can one wear a native attire on a Monday when most banks, companies already have their customized ties, scarfs and dress codes for their staff to open the week with ?..

Nice idea though but it should be on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Next: The implementation of the second stanza of the national anthem as a replacement for the first stanza as I proposed years back .. if you watch Big Brother, you'll agree with me cool

Our culture have been so eroded to the extent that white man decide our next move as a people. The suits and tie came from the white (British) to promote their home country industries. I don't like people reasoning to jettisoning anything their own.
What is bad in this? people are so used to imperialism and slavery. DSTV is one of the thing they brought to kill our culture and we are left with nothing our own.

Let us wise up.

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by ikorodureporta: 5:23am On Apr 08, 2017
Lalasticlala, dis na ojoro-o! 2nd time
Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by dunkem21(m): 5:47am On Apr 08, 2017
Nigeman:

Our culture have been so eroded to the extent that white man decide our next move as a people. The suits and tie came from the white (British) to promote their home country industries. I don't like people reasoning to jettisoning anything their own.
What is bad in this? people are so used to imperialism and slavery. DSTV is one of the thing they brought to kill our culture and we are left with nothing our own.

Let us wise up.

Oh please understand me! There are formal dressings and casual dressings. Our native wears fall in the category of the latter while suits, ties, some shirts are formal. Employers allow you to start winding down from work pressures from Wednesdays and start going casuals.

I have not condemned the idea but a change in the days after all we have locally tailored suits and ties. It is not slavery bro else you will begin to see people wear short knickers to work.

Lastly, if not for DSTV; we would've been so backward, timid and ignorant ..if you doubt me, drop your white man made phone.
Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by dabeez: 5:58am On Apr 08, 2017
Nigerian at it again.. To implement is their problem
Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by doublecheif: 6:13am On Apr 08, 2017
Okay
Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by AnanseK(m): 6:40am On Apr 08, 2017
konshency:
Will my boss approve me to put on made in Nigeria dress to office on monday... Such as agbada, buba and sokoto etc..

Made in Nigeria can still be shirts, trousers and suits. The emphasis is on WHERE they are made.
Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by sami75: 7:29am On Apr 08, 2017
I dont see any big deal in it. I work in a company thats among the first 3 in its sector in the country and the dress code allows traditional anyday of the week(from monday to friday). Most people wear senators or buba/ sokoto with cap as its more convenient than suit and tie.
Some visitors are suprised when they see us on a monday morning in looking good in traditional but they eventually says its looks good. We just need to have a paradigm shift and it will look normal.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Osquare88(m): 7:32am On Apr 08, 2017
Kilanee:
HOW bro??
The textile companies will have heavy purchase, and that will give them reason to employ... The tailors will also benefit from it which will enable them to patronize the wool, button sellers etc. Talk is cheap thou, implementation is the key but I believe it will help the economy in it's own way if it's implemented

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Kilanee: 7:41am On Apr 08, 2017
goldedprince:
thunda fire you
thunda fire you
thunda fire you
thunda fire you
thunda fire you
thunda fire you
na fight?
Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Kilanee: 7:42am On Apr 08, 2017
Osquare88:

The textile companies will have heavy purchase, and that will give them reason to employ... The tailors will also benefit from it which will enable them to patronize the wool, button sellers etc. Talk is cheap thou, implementation is the key but I believe it will help the economy in it's own way if it's implemented
okeh

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Meritocracy: 8:24am On Apr 08, 2017
You should also share money to buy made in Nigeria dress now or is it free of charge cos its made in Nigeria.
You people create recession and create another expenses for Nigerian. How can someone you pay 18k per month afford this?

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Oneprodigy(m): 8:34am On Apr 08, 2017
dunkem21:

We can as well wear native from Monday thru Friday .. Monday is not a day like Friday because most organizations already adopted casual dressings and native wears on friday.

Monday is pure official and even the president should be made to wear suit on Mondays.

How can you tell the president of Nigeria to wear suit and what makes suit official. You better go and learn fashion designing. You tailor will buy that house near you very soon. Very great policy. That's how to create jobs.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Oneprodigy(m): 8:40am On Apr 08, 2017
dunkem21:
Do we also know that native wears are mostly complemented with *palm slippers and sandals ..

How do you wear *slippers on a Monday morning

Bros have you been to the UAE? We have a serious cultural erosion problem. Why should we use scarce forex to buy suit, wear it inside hot sun, when we can wear what we have . Do you know how many tailors will become very ok. Have you calculated how much Nigerians spend on these TM Lewin etc.

After we would be blaming our leaders for importing PMS when we produce crudeoil.

Besides, which is more comfortable to wear. Ask yourself

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by VeecThorr(m): 8:41am On Apr 08, 2017
They can made in Nigeria deez nuts.
Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Oneprodigy(m): 8:42am On Apr 08, 2017
sami75:
I dont see any big deal in it. I work in a company thats among the first 3 in its sector in the country and the dress code allows traditional anyday of the week(from monday to friday). Most people wear senators or buba/ sokoto with cap as its more convenient than suit and tie.
Some visitors are suprised when they see us on a monday morning in looking good in traditional but they eventually says its looks good. We just need to have a paradigm shift and it will look normal.
Tell them ooo
Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Oneprodigy(m): 8:50am On Apr 08, 2017
Aboki5:

All in the name of promoting culture. Monday of all days
There's nothing wrong in wearing native on mondays. It's not promoting culture, it being wise. Does Mark Zuckerberg wear suits on mondays.

Must you wear suit. Does it make you more or less productive.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by shegra58: 9:20am On Apr 08, 2017
Jabioro:
So on Monday morning you expected me to ware buba,sokoto and agbada plus gbekele mess cap to office Abi?
so if Oyinbo no carry their suit wahala come na wetin u go dey wear?u don c oyinbo wey dy go office and put on buba agbada before? Clothes dont have any negative impact on any job as long as it is collective decision,your wearing suit despite the hot weather in the country so what is stopping u from wearing your native dress.... It's better we drop this slavery mentality angry
Jabioro:
So on Monday morning you expected me to ware buba,sokoto and agbada plus gbekele mess cap to office Abi?
so if Oyinbo no carry their suit wahala come na wetin u go dey wear?u don c oyinbo wey dy go office and put on buba agbada before? Clothes dont have any negative impact on any job as long as it is collective decision,your wearing suit despite the hot weather in the country so what is stopping u from wearing your native dress.... It's better we drop this slavery mentality
Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Naijiant: 9:43am On Apr 08, 2017
Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by dunkem21(m): 10:26am On Apr 08, 2017
Oneprodigy:
Bros have you been to the UAE? We have a serious cultural erosion problem. Why should we use scarce forex to buy suit, wear it inside hot sun, when we can wear what we have . Do you know how many tailors will become very ok. Have you calculated how much Nigerians spend on these TM Lewin etc.

After we would be blaming our leaders for importing PMS when we produce crudeoil.

Besides, which is more comfortable to wear. Ask yourself

Oga, suits are sown in ABA! Secondly, we must not put on a suit to be corporate.

The way it is going, I may need to remind us that we even import healthcare while we have hospitals. Why don't we wear natives from Monday thru Friday?
Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by dunkem21(m): 10:30am On Apr 08, 2017
Oneprodigy:

There's nothing wrong in wearing native on mondays. It's not promoting culture, it being wise. Does Mark Zuckerberg wear suits on mondays.

Must you wear suit. Does it make you more or less productive.

Is Mark Zuckerberg an employee?

If we love our culture, let's abolish white wedding first .. You'll still see the ministers' children being joined in holy matrimony while on suits.

Go to any bank on Monday and notice their unique way of dressing.
Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 08, 2017
This is truly a government that knows what they are doing kiss Patience people, patience and things will fall into place. Just take heed not to fall into the trap set by those propagating falsehood about the ability of the present regime.
Thank you God, for giving us PMB tongue

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Origin(f): 9:46pm On Apr 08, 2017
The made in Nigeria fashion industry is booming. Appreciated globally and is reaching totally insane heights.

For corporates casuals addition to jeans suits, the options are limitless.

Check out music videos. Red carpets. Dinners social events. If Beyonce can rock it, you too can.

I don tire for suit on shirts. I beg free me. Even interviews I wan wear my made in Nigeria tailored to fit wears. Its now casual Monday Wednesday Friday Saturday Sunday.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Oneprodigy(m): 7:58am On Apr 09, 2017
dunkem21:

Oga, suits are sown in ABA! Secondly, we must not put on a suit to be corporate.

The way it is going, I may need to remind us that we even import healthcare while we have hospitals. Why don't we wear natives from Monday thru Friday?
Suits are made in Turkey , China, US, UK etc too. But buba and sokoto is made here. The tailor makes it here and earns income from it here. What is the meaning of "official". Official is whatever you call it
Its the definition you give it.

We don't wear natives from Mondays to Fridays because we have not agreed to do so and that is what the government has just started to see and do. It's not because it's not "official"
Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by Oneprodigy(m): 8:05am On Apr 09, 2017
dunkem21:

Is Mark Zuckerberg an employee?

If we love our culture, let's abolish white wedding first .. You'll still see the ministers' children being joined in holy matrimony while on suits.

Go to any bank on Monday and notice their unique way of dressing.

Oga there is Nothing unique about suit and tie, matter of fact it's very uncreative. Let me show you unique.

That was OBJ and Jimmy Carter.

Re: FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-In-Nigeria Dress Day by dunkem21(m): 12:12pm On Apr 09, 2017
Oneprodigy:

Oga there is Nothing unique about suit and tie, matter of fact it's very uncreative. Let me show you unique.

That was OBJ and Jimmy Carter.

Oga, they are both unique in their own way ..

See Sanusi @ work on a Monday ..

SMH.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Open Fire On Lagos Drivers Protesting Agbero Taxes (pics) / Appointment Of Dead Men Into Boards Of Parastatals: Presidency Explains / Wike Disappointed As BVAS Fails To Accredit Him, Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.