Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,078 members, 7,957,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:21 AM

Losing Weight - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Losing Weight (274 Views)

Girl Breaks Down After Losing Her Shop At Dunamis Church / What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) / I Think I'm Losing My Belief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Losing Weight by christainslove: 9:22pm On Apr 07, 2017
Everyone likes to eat. Bread, rice, chocolates. They are all gifts from God.
But some people tend to over-eat. They eat one helping of food, but are tempted by Satan to eat yet another helping. Then another helping. You need to know when to stop.
You are now over-weight and your body feels really uncomfortable. Is this really how we are going to live our life?
Philippians 4-Let your moderation be known unto all men.
Eating, watching television and sleeping must all be done in moderation
One trick of Satan may be to get you to procrastinate your healthy diet. He can tell you (he might come to tell you every day)-Just take more food today, tomorrow you will start your diet. Resist him with-Procrastination is the killer of dreams.
Do you know why? Because your dream of becoming thin will die eventually if you procrastinate.
Someone offers you too much food, just nod your head no. Procrastinate eating until meal-time.
Also, being fat can also lead to disrespect. People would look at you as a person without self-control because you are fat. When people see a fat person holding a large bottle of coke and packets of chips, they think they are undisciplined.
Little drops of water make a mighty ocean. A little rice, a little meat-pie, a little wine each day all adds up to us being fat. Avoid liquid drinks like ribena and fried foods or pastries like donuts, meat-pies as they are especially fattening. Eat only small quantities of meat and keep your portions of food small. You can eat something fattening once a week to make the wait easier-as a treat.
Tell yourself before you eat-Little drops of water make a mighty ocean. Do this over and over to program your mind not to eat too much. Words have power.
Also, the guy you like may not be attracted to you if you are fat. And even your husband can lose interest in you if you are over- weight.
Jesus resisted temptation from Satan with the Word of God. Psalm 119:11-Thy Word had I hid in my heart that I might not sin against you.
Satan is the one tempting us to eat too much. We can resist him with the Word of God and prayer. He will flee if you resist. The bible says-Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
Satan tempts us to eat too much- We say-Everything in moderation as often as he tempts us. Pray anytime you feel tempted to eat too much that God will grant you the grace to eat moderately.

Being lean and healthy will help people to respect you.

(1) (Reply)

Walk With God. Get More Than 10 Different Devotionals On Our Whatsapp Group / The Unexplained Hoax / Any Real Life Angelic Visitation You Experienced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.