Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times (16927 Views)

Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years / Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations / Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by sukinika(m): 7:30am On Apr 08, 2017
My friend watch your mouth, so you can't just help but flush your toilet outwardly. I know where you are from its only people from your place that speaks the way you do, are you better than the orator? Instead of felicitating with him your are there talking trash. Opening a company is it done with mouth? A journey of a thousand mile begins with a step. My friend learn to be happy for others. ...........if you have better opinions give it politely.
linkers:
Instead of thinking of how to get your own company and you are here celebrating monthly peanuts. Mumu. Where are you from?

4 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by djeezy(m): 7:31am On Apr 08, 2017
linkers:
Instead of thinking of how to get your own company and you are here celebrating monthly peanuts. Mumu. Where are you from?
This is harsh. Why did you have to insult her?

4 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by kateskitty(f): 7:31am On Apr 08, 2017
linkers:
I have my own company and website
Cingle.com.ng
Check it out

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by BlueRayDick: 7:32am On Apr 08, 2017
jerry0123:
Damn, thats less than 500 dollars per month, Is that even worth celebrating shocked shocked shocked

Even a macdonald employee earns more than that.

But anyways, congrats.
Are u ok at all? This place be like America for ur eyes ?

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by verygudbadguy(m): 7:34am On Apr 08, 2017
Congrats Lady...

I love fearless people. Believe in yourself, keep your head up, be yourself cos nobody is gonna be you but you.

^^^^^^^^^^ you go with that belief.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by Chidex50(m): 7:35am On Apr 08, 2017
Congrats bro.I pray to get mine soon
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by sukinika(m): 7:36am On Apr 08, 2017
U don't need to respond to him my friend I'm happy for you contact 07036618667 let's be friendsm
kateskitty:

Cingle.com.ng
Check it out

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by vicben27(m): 7:39am On Apr 08, 2017
linkers:
u ar very stupid! is she d reason for u bin misreable! go n get a life n stop bin a saddist. bad belle pple every wer idiot

6 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by lightwind(m): 7:39am On Apr 08, 2017
linkers:
lol,you spoke like one who have come across this BOOK titled Rich Dad and d Poor Dad before.....?
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by iyke649(m): 7:40am On Apr 08, 2017
kateskitty:
First I want to thank God for my new job, I just can't thank you enough.
Now, this is my story.
I lost my parents when I was still in secondary school and because of that, I had no one to sponsor me through university. Except for one uncle of mine who took me in and promised to sponsor my university education. I'm not going to speak ill of my uncle because he's late now (God rest his soul) but also because he taught me everything I know about computers today.

My uncle instead of enrolling me in the university like he promised, chose to put me to work in his cyber cafe business center. I worked there for years until I realized my uncle was never going to fulfill his promise, so I saved up and enrolled myself in NOUN without his knowledge.

Fast forward four years later, I finished my program from NOUN last year. But in between those four-years where one of the toughest period of my life because,
1. my uncle passed away during that period
2. his cyber cafe business closed down because his children ran the place to the ground.
3. I was now a student but unemployed

So with the skills I had working in my uncle's cyber cafe I managed to get another job (for 12,000 back in 2014).

Now, last year just 2 months after I said goodbye to NOUN I got a job (for 30,000). While now working as a graduate, I built some more job experience and acquired 2 certificates on Android app development and Web development. I did this job for 10 months, every night I would search Linkedin, Nairaland, Jobberman and other job sites for better opportunities until this April.

One of my application clicked and I was invited for an interview. I later made it to the second stage and finally was made an offer (150,000). I can't thank God enough for seeing me through it all, I'm almost in tears.

Another funny thing about my life is that I have a couple of well-placed uncles I could run to who could put me in a better position than the one I got but I preferred not to because I believe my God and I are a team.
I look at my new job and I'm amazed that my tithe now is going to be more than my entire salary back in 2014, what can I say...

#GodWin
#iLoveToCode
#NOUN
What can I say dear other than congratulations. Ur resilience and perseverance pulled u through. The next thing now na husband. I pray God gives you a good man with a good hrt. I wish u d very best dear.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by fitinwell: 7:41am On Apr 08, 2017
kateskitty:
Now, this is my story.
I lost my parents when I was still in secondary school and because of that, I had no one to sponsor me through university. Except for one uncle of mine who took me in and promised to sponsor my university education. I'm not going to speak ill of my uncle because he's late now (God rest his soul) but also because he taught me everything I know about computers today.

My uncle instead of enrolling me in the university like he promised, chose to put me to work in his cyber cafe business center. I worked there for years until I realized my uncle was never going to fulfill his promise, so I saved up and enrolled myself in NOUN without his knowledge.

Fast forward four years later, I finished my program from NOUN last year. But in between those four-years where one of the toughest period of my life because,
2. his cyber cafe business closed down because his children ran the place to the ground.

So with the skills I had working in my uncle's cyber cafe I managed to get another job (for 12,000 back in 2014).

Now, last year just 2 months after I said goodbye to NOUN I got a job (for 30,000). While now working as a graduate, I built some more job experience and acquired 2 certificates on Android app development and Web development. I did this job for 10 months, every night I would search Linkedin, Nairaland, Jobberman and other job sites for better opportunities until this April.

One of my application clicked and I was invited for an interview. I later made it to the second stage and finally was made an offer (150,000). I can't thank God enough for seeing me through it all, I'm almost in tears.

Another funny thing about my life is that I have a couple of well-placed uncles I could run to who could put me in a better position than the one I got but I preferred not to because I believe my God and I are a team.
I look at my new job and I'm amazed that my tithe now is going to be more than my entire salary back in 2014, what can I say...

#GodWin
#iLoveToCode
#NOUN
Op your uncle did well... he gave you a good foundation.. it was a blessing in disguise... Thanks to God that you used your brain well.. now you have ripped the harvest of consistency... You still need to acknowledged your uncle... and without him basic computer skills u earned in his business cafe..won't have been available to you..

lastly

congratulations

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by Imunose(f): 7:44am On Apr 08, 2017
Congratulations to u
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by bilulu(m): 7:46am On Apr 08, 2017
kateskitty:
Now, this is my story.

#GodWin
#iLoveToCode
#NOUN
are u among d guys dey jux employed in Fhi360?
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by mekyno777(m): 7:49am On Apr 08, 2017
@Kateskitty, congrats and more grace to you.
Pls does it mean NOUN graduates don't go for NYSC?.....Just asking. Tnx
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 08, 2017
What do we always say? Get the skills, the money will come.. Well done oP
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by Babateemd: 7:52am On Apr 08, 2017
keep it up Bro and trust me, your tithe will be more than what you are thanking God for now. life is about doing the right thing persistently!!

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by coputa(m): 7:53am On Apr 08, 2017
jerry0123:
Damn, thats less than 500 dollars per month, Is that even worth celebrating shocked shocked shocked

But anyways, congrats.
Are you sad at people's success (sadist),why that demeaning and wicked remark,put your clothes were your hands can pick them.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 08, 2017
jerry0123:

But anyways, congrats.

You are probably a house nigger opening doors at a McDonalds abroad.

OR

A wankster here in Nigeria who is so sad about his pathetic existence, he tries to bully everyone else.

150,000 is far above the minimum wage here in Nigeria at 18,000.

At Assistant Lecturer level with Masters, a job considered as fairly secure and well-compensated here, you earn 120-130k. This gal earns more as you can see

At her age, I doubt if your own parents were earning this much adjusted for inflation grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by ednut1(m): 7:55am On Apr 08, 2017
jerry0123:

But anyways, congrats.
receive sense

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by goodluckebi(m): 7:56am On Apr 08, 2017
kateskitty:
Now, this is my story.

#GodWin
#iLoveToCode
#NOUN
congrats... But don't mind d haters
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by donbenie(m): 8:00am On Apr 08, 2017
jerry0123:

But anyways, congrats.
I bet you that amount can go much further in Nigeria than it'll ever go in the US,how much is monthly house rent in the US for a two bedroom apartment..
Naija unlike the US is a low cost economy,$500 is worth much more here than over there..

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by IshaqAyinde(m): 8:05am On Apr 08, 2017
Congrats.
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by bayulll011(m): 8:06am On Apr 08, 2017
kateskitty:
Now, this is my story.
I lost my parents when I was still in

#GodWin
#iLoveToCode
#NOUN

Honestly the only things I saw in u is a winner,u will go places I admire ur courage and strenght,I should give u one or moment to speak to some peeps on my Ngos hit me up,nice one

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by sekem: 8:08am On Apr 08, 2017
Congrats Kate.

#IntelligentGirlsOrNothing!!! wink
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 08, 2017
jerry0123:

But anyways, congrats.

They barely have anything after tax and rent, so it's worth celebrating. Don't be a kill joy. Appreciate a sister's hustle.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by kateskitty(f): 8:12am On Apr 08, 2017
mekyno777:
@Kateskitty, congrats and more grace to you.
Pls does it mean NOUN graduates don't go for NYSC?.....Just asking. Tnx
Last I heard, they are still working on it but NYSC is supposed to give you one year post degree experience.
Which I already have, so I decided to collect an exemption letter instead

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by robotix: 8:12am On Apr 08, 2017
BrutusOj:
You foools been making noise of starting your own company while you stay in your father's house and eat free food and play bet9ja. You think it's that easy starting up a business?
lol. Any money na money o. 150k is pretty easy to earn on your own if you know your way around. So many guys with internet business skills now make such money in a week.

That guy has a point but he was rude about it.

The truth is that running things yourself could afford you ample time to do multiple things, like running 2-3 business together with each bringing in 200k per month and that's like 400k per month.

You wouldn't have much time to achieve that while working and before you can reach the rank where they pay you 400k per month, it would take years.

TIME is the pivotal mark here. TIME TIME TIME.

But all in all, whatever make one happy is the key.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by kateskitty(f): 8:13am On Apr 08, 2017
bilulu:

are u among d guys dey jux employed in Fhi360?
Never heard of Fhi360
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by NickD(m): 8:13am On Apr 08, 2017
linkers:
You need a brain check.. everybody mustn't own a company. If properly checked I'm sure ur one of those jobless lot who go online spilling trash.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by Akalia(m): 8:15am On Apr 08, 2017
kateskitty:

Cingle.com.ng
Check it out
that fool's opinion is inconsequential. You are up and he is down. I am happy for you dear. A pay grade like yours is a mouth watering one so far Nigeria job market is concerned.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by mekyno777(m): 8:15am On Apr 08, 2017
kateskitty:

Last I heard, they are still working on it but NYSC is supposed to give you one year post degree experience.
ok, it's all well. Enjoy urself
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by robotix: 8:15am On Apr 08, 2017
kateskitty:

are you the owner of Cingle.com.ng and you registered the domain name by yourself?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guardian In PDF Version!!!!! (Tuesday & Thursday Job Vacancies Inclusive) / Share Your EFCC Physical Screening Experience Here!!! / Imo Blind Graduates Demand Jobs, Block Government House (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.