Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times (16928 Views)

Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years / Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations / Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by OMOTOWO(m): 10:48am On Apr 08, 2017
Lastanza:

Prophet of doom, u couldn't even decipher dat it's a she before u rushed to prophecy gibberish

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 08, 2017
kateskitty:
First I want to thank God for my new job, I just can't thank you enough.
Now, this is my story.
I lost my parents when I was still in secondary school and because of that, I had no one to sponsor me through university. Except for one uncle of mine who took me in and promised to sponsor my university education. I'm not going to speak ill of my uncle because he's late now (God rest his soul) but also because he taught me everything I know about computers today.

My uncle instead of enrolling me in the university like he promised, chose to put me to work in his cyber cafe business center. I worked there for years until I realized my uncle was never going to fulfill his promise, so I saved up and enrolled myself in NOUN without his knowledge.

Fast forward four years later, I finished my program from NOUN last year. But in between those four-years where one of the toughest period of my life because,
1. my uncle passed away during that period
2. his cyber cafe business closed down because his children ran the place to the ground.
3. I was now a student but unemployed

So with the skills I had working in my uncle's cyber cafe I managed to get another job (for 12,000 back in 2014).

Now, last year just 2 months after I said goodbye to NOUN I got a job (for 30,000). While now working as a graduate, I built some more job experience and acquired 2 certificates on Android app development and Web development. I did this job for 10 months, every night I would search Linkedin, Nairaland, Jobberman and other job sites for better opportunities until this April.

One of my application clicked and I was invited for an interview. I later made it to the second stage and finally was made an offer (150,000). I can't thank God enough for seeing me through it all, I'm almost in tears.

Another funny thing about my life is that I have a couple of well-placed uncles I could run to who could put me in a better position than the one I got but I preferred not to because I believe my God and I are a team.
I look at my new job and I'm amazed that my tithe now is going to be more than my entire salary back in 2014, what can I say...

#GodWin
#iLoveToCode
#NOUN

Congratulations!! Look at God! Wow! I'm sure you must be over the moon. Ignore the naysayers and keep soaring.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by decatalyst(m): 12:05pm On Apr 08, 2017
kateskitty:
First I want to thank God for my new job, I just can't thank you enough.
Now, this is my story.
I lost my parents when I was still in secondary school and because of that, I had no one to sponsor me through university. Except for one uncle of mine who took me in and promised to sponsor my university education. I'm not going to speak ill of my uncle because he's late now (God rest his soul) but also because he taught me everything I know about computers today.

My uncle instead of enrolling me in the university like he promised, chose to put me to work in his cyber cafe business center. I worked there for years until I realized my uncle was never going to fulfill his promise, so I saved up and enrolled myself in NOUN without his knowledge.

Fast forward four years later, I finished my program from NOUN last year. But in between those four-years where one of the toughest period of my life because,
1. my uncle passed away during that period
2. his cyber cafe business closed down because his children ran the place to the ground.
3. I was now a student but unemployed

So with the skills I had working in my uncle's cyber cafe I managed to get another job (for 12,000 back in 2014).

Now, last year just 2 months after I said goodbye to NOUN I got a job (for 30,000). While now working as a graduate, I built some more job experience and acquired 2 certificates on Android app development and Web development. I did this job for 10 months, every night I would search Linkedin, Nairaland, Jobberman and other job sites for better opportunities until this April.

One of my application clicked and I was invited for an interview. I later made it to the second stage and finally was made an offer (150,000). I can't thank God enough for seeing me through it all, I'm almost in tears.

Another funny thing about my life is that I have a couple of well-placed uncles I could run to who could put me in a better position than the one I got but I preferred not to because I believe my God and I are a team.
I look at my new job and I'm amazed that my tithe now is going to be more than my entire salary back in 2014, what can I say...

#GodWin
#iLoveToCode

#NOUN

Wow!

I am very impressed by what you have achieved for yourself. You saw the need to go school and you saved up. You endured all the challenges life throwed at you.

And i am even more happy with the fact that you see the need to honour God with your 10%. God be praised!

Believe me, wonderful blessings are coming your way.

Please always tell your story whenever and wherever you can. Don't stop inspiring people around you.

God will help you to make good choices.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by Nickymezor(f): 12:09pm On Apr 08, 2017
Congratz dear

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by fedrick4god(m): 12:16pm On Apr 08, 2017
Congratulations on your new role, but don't settle for that always think on how to be your own boss, you are created for it. I have this project I want to partner with you.
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by fedrick4god(m): 12:19pm On Apr 08, 2017
Have checked your cingle websites, its pretty good but with my idea you could have something prettier, whatapp me on 08107823255. The name of the project is IntelliSense.
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by Ramj: 12:35pm On Apr 08, 2017
linkers:
Instead of thinking of how to get your own company and you are here celebrating monthly peanuts. Mumu. Where are you from?

Really, did you just post that. hmmmmmm
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by salbis(m): 1:19pm On Apr 08, 2017
linkers:
Instead of thinking of how to get your own company and you are here celebrating monthly peanuts. Mumu. Where are you from?

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by just2simple: 1:30pm On Apr 08, 2017
jerry0123:
Damn, thats less than 500 dollars per month, Is that even worth celebrating shocked shocked shocked

Even a macdonald employee earns more than that.

But anyways, congrats.
She managed to secured a job of 150k/Month and u play down on her. Do u know milllions of Nigerians are busy looking for a job of 30k/month without finding one tongue Learn to appreciate God's grace on people undecided

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by ireneidiva(f): 2:16pm On Apr 08, 2017
fitinwell:
Op your uncle did well... he gave you a good foundation.. it was a blessing in disguise... Thanks to God that you used your brain well.. now you have ripped the harvest of consistency... You still need to acknowledged your uncle... and without him basic computer skills u earned in his business cafe..won't have been available to you..

lastly

congratulations
ripped ko
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by Basseybruce: 2:28pm On Apr 08, 2017
linkers:
Lol, Sincerely, you made me laugh, a person that was earning 15k, 30k, all of a sudden, God answered his prayer, and you are saying what could be termed as r***ish, Bros, Rome wasn't built in a day, one step @ a time. Congratulation my Brother, more blessing.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by joekool(m): 4:30pm On Apr 08, 2017
so so so happy for you dear.............
this is indeed touching and thank GOD for your determination and perseverance
and for also teaming up with GOD.... that's great
nobody in GOD's team is a loser
CONGRATS DEAR..... WISH U ALL THE BEST IN YOUR NEW LIFE

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by cbravo3: 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2017
Impact of ICT in Enhancing Quality Worship in twenty first century
http://www.bravoprojecthelp.com/theology/impact-ict-enhancing-quality-worship-twenty-first-century/
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by cbravo5: 5:10pm On Apr 09, 2017
Impact of ICT in Enhancing Quality Worship in twenty first century
http://www.bravoprojecthelp.com/theology/impact-ict-enhancing-quality-worship-twenty-first-century/
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by femakin(m): 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2017
Congratulations brother, more success on your way
Re: I Just Got A Job After Going Through Trying Times by ifyalways(f): 8:05am On Apr 10, 2017
BrutusOj:
You foools been making noise of starting your own company while you stay in your father's house and eat free food and play bet9ja. You think it's that easy starting up a business?
Loool

Congrats OP. Bigger you, I pray.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guardian In PDF Version!!!!! (Tuesday & Thursday Job Vacancies Inclusive) / Share Your EFCC Physical Screening Experience Here!!! / Imo Blind Graduates Demand Jobs, Block Government House (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.