Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

FG To Demarcate Cattle Routes Nationwide - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Demarcate Cattle Routes Nationwide (21306 Views)

Governor Ortom: No Cattle Routes In Benue / See What President Buhari Told Governors About Cattle Routes’- Fayose Speaks / FG To Gazette Grazing Routes Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Demarcate Cattle Routes Nationwide by ycat: 7:45am On Apr 12, 2017
It's troubling how these people think they can achieve this evil while our lawmakers are tone-deaf to the plight of Nigerians. This plan must NOT be allowed to see the light of day, it's dangerous, they want to take over Nigeria, this is the plan. They are taught to lay low until they get the upper hand, we know it, they know it and with the army at their beck and call, every area carved out for the "route" becomes A fulani territory and they can do anything they want there including barring the local residents in and around the there. The indigenous people can even be kidnapped and taken there. It will just be too easy to terrorize Nigerians from there since they won't be coming from out, they are now living among you. The routes will hold serious weapons. I can see river of blood already. Nigerians need to come out and protest this before they are surrounded with blood-thirsty demons.

Yes oo! Nigerians can eat fish, chicken and turkey until we figure a way out. McDonald's manager once told me that he couldn't tell the difference between portabella mushroom burger and regular beef burger, this is a man who sells burger for living. I love country rib, but haven't had any for over a month, cos I'm beginning to think about what goes into these meat. If I can stay away from beef anyone can especially for a good cause such as showing the north that we can't be enslaved over meat, they aren't too good for us anyway.
igbodefender:

This post is filled with strategies Southern human rights activists should start planning with.

Grazing reserves is the same thing as Apartheid and Segregation. Martin Luther King fought segregation successfully using the boycott strategy and peaceful protest strategy.

The racist governor Wallace of Alabama and his elite promoting segregation and White supremacy were forced to bow. Boycott hit the pockets of the White supremacists so hard they were forced to beg Blacks to end the boycott and resume buying their services.

The nonviolent protests created awareness and publicity that shamed the so-called supremacists into submission.

Governor Wallace and his armed police were defeated hands down. Southern Nigerian human rights activists, I hope you are taking notes.You may soon need these strategies in this struggle against the moves to establish grazing reserves in the ancestral lands meant for future Southern generations yet unborn.

Food for thought: Mushrooms taste just like meat. Try it.

1 Like

Re: FG To Demarcate Cattle Routes Nationwide by ycat: 8:02am On Apr 12, 2017
It's because they are not just herdsmen, these people have an agenda. So selling land for this purpose should be out of the question because the Fg may use this trick of compensating the land owners to still have the same result. I'm very very afraid that the Fg will use money to silence people into releasing land that will end up being a colossal mistake.
ZombiePUNISHER:
There is no where in the world where sane men patrol the country with cows...except Nigeria .... Why don't we call it a zoo

Other countries build ranches and carter for their livestocks

These are people's land they are talking about
They should just give it to a Fulani man for his personal business

Re: FG To Demarcate Cattle Routes Nationwide by ycat: 8:13am On Apr 12, 2017
Your head needs to be used to appease ogun, and a dog spared.
babablogger:
Good move if it's going to stop cattles from causing accidents
Re: FG To Demarcate Cattle Routes Nationwide by ycat: 8:20am On Apr 12, 2017
And what if they lie to you that the herdsmen are disarmed but secretly carry weapons, are you going to form herdsmen police to always check them for arms? This route demarcation should be airtight non-negotiable come rain or shine. The cattle need to be moved around in the north and only bring down south through trailer truck for sale when ready for slaughter house.
fratermathy:
It still won't solve the herdsmen crises! This is a national security emergency. Herdsmen must be de-armed before the problem can even be engaged.
Re: FG To Demarcate Cattle Routes Nationwide by ycat: 8:33am On Apr 12, 2017
Your head, since it's of no use to you, and those of your father and useless mother for bringing you a brainless shell to world.
babablogger:
after your fathers head has been used
Re: FG To Demarcate Cattle Routes Nationwide by babablogger: 8:36am On Apr 12, 2017
ycat:
Your head, since it's of no use to you, and those of your father and useless mother for bringing you a brainless shell to world.
well i know you are telling me your life's story kwontinue
Re: FG To Demarcate Cattle Routes Nationwide by ycat: 8:45am On Apr 12, 2017
Egbere gbas'eni, sobodi yesa!
babablogger:
well i know you are telling me your life's story kwontinue
Re: FG To Demarcate Cattle Routes Nationwide by nduchucks: 11:15am On Apr 12, 2017
igbodefender:
Those routes you are talking about, Sir, are people's ancestral land, given to them by their ancestors to pass unto the next generation. This will not work. Fearless activists like Fayose (Omoluabi), Fani Kayode (Jagun), Apostle Suleiman (A Man Of God), Wike (Dike Ndi Igbo) and other fearless Southerners will oppose this. Nigerians who wish to see the herdsmen become international businessmen as they should be will oppose this.

Commercial cattle ranching remains the only answer. Cattle business is not politics and should not be politicized.

I'm sure you do not complain when the FG takes control of land for the construction of roads and highways. The benefits of those roads cannot be overstated.

This plan by the FG is designed to save lives and you are here spewing posts which are not well though out.

Take a rational look at the plan and remove unhelpful emotionalism from your analysis and you may reach more objective conclusions.
Re: FG To Demarcate Cattle Routes Nationwide by orisa37: 2:14pm On Apr 12, 2017
Demarcation such as envisaged will breed Unrest, Disaffection and Civil Disorders without a Constitutional Acquiescence of all State Governments.
The NASS should please stop this Government from taking Nigeria back to "THE STONE AGE".
Re: FG To Demarcate Cattle Routes Nationwide by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 12, 2017
ycat:
McDonald's manager once told me that he couldn't tell the difference between portabella mushroom burger and regular beef burger.
Your contributions here are very sharp, Sir and full of human rights wisdom and strategies. Keep it up, Sir. The spirit of Martin Luther King who fought injustice to a standstill, nay, to a heavy defeat, we see in you, Sir.

nduchucks:

I'm sure you do not complain when the FG takes control of land for the construction of roads and highways. The benefits of those roads cannot be overstated.

This plan by the FG is designed to save lives and you are here spewing posts which are not well though out.

Take a rational look at the plan and remove unhelpful emotionalism from your analysis and you may reach more objective conclusions.
Sir, There is a difference between taking land for construction of roads and taking land for trading reserves for Igbos or grazing reserves that will benefit only one ethnic group and look like Apartheid, Segregation and ethnic cleansing all rolled into one.

By the way, let's not forget that the International Criminal Court routinely jails political leaders for the crime of ethnic cleaning (trying to kill or drive an ethnic group from their ethnic lands in such a way that it becomes the land of another ethnic group. Go and ask the late President Slobodan Milosevic,Mladic and Karazdic of Serbia after they tried to cleanse Bosnian Muslims from parts of their homeland in Bosnia Herzegovina).

Igbo, Yoruba and Niger Delta lawyers, social media and human rights activists (home and abroad) will never allow this injustice to happen because though the South can quarrel among themselves but when it comes to this issue, you know we stand together.

1000 Martin Luther Kings will emerge to agitate against this. Lawyers will file suits in every court from the High Courts to the Supreme Court to the International Criminal Court.

It took the Afro Americans a few peace protests and business-affecting boycotts to defeat this kind of injustice. How can you tell indigenes you will take their land and they will not be allowed to come into it? Is that not wickedness against your fellow countrymen. What did they ever do to you to deserve such? What did their generations yet unborn do that you plan to take what belongs to them by posterity?

What did Oduduwa, Eri, Edo Princess Emotan and other Southern ancestors do that you plan such evil on their children?

1 Like

Re: FG To Demarcate Cattle Routes Nationwide by rosebowl01(m): 11:42pm On Apr 12, 2017
nduchucks:

...in the same vein, I also need 50,000 sq meters of free land for all the business men, farmers, and my poultry business. Can you convince the government to give us this land in Kano free?
Plus historically, every land that Fulanis have gone through anywhere in the world, they have always introduced themselves as guest just passing by, but they ALWAYS end up trying to take over the land either by subjugating the locals, and install themselves as their leaders, or by outright genocidal attack on those people.
Why would any sane mind with a sense of history know these, and not see the inevitable consequence of your "cattle route" plan on another people's land and against their every possible will? Is there a curse on you people that ranching your cattle will kill you? Truth is, your people have learnt over the decades that herding cattle across vast areas of land is their most efficient way of spying other culture with the eventual goal of conquering them. God, why did you bring these poverty inducing people anywhere near us?
Re: FG To Demarcate Cattle Routes Nationwide by nduchucks: 12:11am On Apr 13, 2017
igbodefender:

Sir, There is a difference between taking land for construction of roads and taking land for trading reserves for Igbos or grazing reserves that will benefit only one ethnic group and look like Apartheid, Segregation and ethnic cleansing all rolled into one.

Sir, I think you may be bit uninformed about what is being proposed and how it could be implemented.

Given that, under Nigeria's Land Use Act, it is lawful for any Governor in respect of land, whether or not in an urban area, to grant statutory rights of occupancy to any person for all purposes including grazing.

Now, upon the grant of a statutory right of occupancy under the provisions of the said Land Use act, all existing rights to the use and occupation of the land which is the subject of the statutory right of occupancy shall be extinguished.

So you see, all the FG has to do is get buy-in from Governors. As things stand most Governors are on board. The main reason for their cooperation is that, conflicts between herdsmen and farmers which typically result to unnecessary death will drastically reduce in their states.

Additionally, farmers whose land may be along the paths of the reserves, will freely offer their land if adequately compensated.

Sir, for all practical purposes, the Cattle Routes affair, is a done deal.

Most of the noise makers actually do not own a square foot of land along the proposed route.

By the way, let's not forget that the International Criminal Court routinely jails political leaders for the crime of ethnic cleaning (trying to kill or drive an ethnic group from their ethnic lands in such a way that it becomes the land of another ethnic group. Go and ask the late President Slobodan Milosevic,Mladic and Karazdic of Serbia after they tried to cleanse Bosnian Muslims from parts of their homeland in Bosnia Herzegovina).

Igbo, Yoruba and Niger Delta lawyers, social media and human rights activists (home and abroad) will never allow this injustice to happen because though the South can quarrel among themselves but when it comes to this issue, you know we stand together.

1000 Martin Luther Kings will emerge to agitate against this. Lawyers will file suits in every court from the High Courts to the Supreme Court to the International Criminal Court.

It took the Afro Americans a few peace protests and business-affecting boycotts to defeat this kind of injustice. How can you tell indigenes you will take their land and they will not be allowed to come into it? Is that not wickedness against your fellow countrymen. What did they ever do to you to deserve such? What did their generations yet unborn do that you plan to take what belongs to them by posterity?

What did Oduduwa, Eri, Edo Princess Emotan and other Southern ancestors do that you plan such evil on their children?

The above is nothing but a red herring - no bearing whatsoever to the issue at hand.
Re: FG To Demarcate Cattle Routes Nationwide by nduchucks: 12:25am On Apr 13, 2017
rosebowl01:

...in the same vein, I also need 50,000 sq meters of free land for all the business men, farmers, and my poultry business. Can you convince the government to give us this land in Kano free?
Plus historically, every land that Fulanis have gone through anywhere in the world, they have always introduced themselves as guest just passing by, but they ALWAYS end up trying to take over the land either by subjugating the locals, and install themselves as their leaders, or by outright genocidal attack on those people.
Why would any sane mind with a sense of history know these, and not see the inevitable consequence of your "cattle route" plan on another people's land and against their every possible will? Is there a curse on you people that ranching your cattle will kill you? Truth is, your people have learnt over the decades that herding cattle across vast areas of land is their most efficient way of spying other culture with the eventual goal of conquering them. God, why did you bring these poverty inducing people anywhere near us?

According to the Land Use act, if you make your case to the Governor of Kano state, he may grant your request.

As far as your uninformed pronouncements and generalizations regarding where "Fulanis have gone through anywhere in the world", I'm afraid you are on your own.
Re: FG To Demarcate Cattle Routes Nationwide by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 13, 2017
nduchucks:

Sir, I think you may be bit uninformed about what is being proposed and how it could be implemented.

Given that, under Nigeria's Land Use Act, it is lawful for any Governor in respect of land, whether or not in an urban area, to grant statutory rights of occupancy to any person for all purposes including grazing.

Now, upon the grant of a statutory right of occupancy under the provisions of the said Land Use act, all existing rights to the use and occupation of the land which is the subject of the statutory right of occupancy shall be extinguished.

So you see, all the FG has to do is get buy-in from Governors. As things stand most Governors are on board. The main reason for their cooperation is that, conflicts between herdsmen and farmers which typically result to unnecessary death will drastically reduce in their states.

Additionally, farmers whose land may be along the paths of the reserves, will freely offer their land if adequately compensated.

Sir, for all practical purposes, the Cattle Routes affair, is a done deal.

Most of the noise makers actually do not own a square foot of land along the proposed route.

The above is nothing but a red herring - no bearing whatsoever to the issue at hand.

The Southerners you refer to as NoiseMakers defeated the unjust Grazing Reserves Bill with noise and will defeat this attempt to smuggle it in through the backdoor equally. What you call noise is what stopped a number of Southern lawmakers from supporting the bill (they didn't want to commit political suicide).

If opposition to grazing reserves is what you call noise, then the Southern Nigerians are proud to be called NoiseMakers. ProudlyTeam #NoiseMakers because with our noise unjust bills like anti social media bill have been defeated and will continue to be defeated.
Re: FG To Demarcate Cattle Routes Nationwide by xelly: 12:36pm On Apr 13, 2017
chinae:

http://www.environewsnigeria.com/government-demarcate-cattle-routes-nationwide/#

This is enough for us to stop electing ancestors. Make I see person near my land. Quickly grab land use act.
Re: FG To Demarcate Cattle Routes Nationwide by nduchucks: 4:52pm On Apr 13, 2017
igbodefender:

The Southerners you refer to as NoiseMakers defeated the unjust Grazing Reserves Bill with noise and will defeat this attempt to smuggle it in through the backdoor equally. What you call noise is what stopped a number of Southern lawmakers from supporting the bill (they didn't want to commit political suicide).

If opposition to grazing reserves is what you call noise, then the Southern Nigerians are proud to be called NoiseMakers. ProudlyTeam #NoiseMakers because with our noise unjust bills like anti social media bill have been defeated and will continue to be defeated.

I'm not sure you fully comprehend the allusions of my post, otherwise you would have realized that your very own Governor, who may have already made a deal with the Feds should be your focus.

Internet warriorship will not cut it. If you limit your objection to noise making here, I'm afraid the plan is as good as implemented.
Re: FG To Demarcate Cattle Routes Nationwide by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 13, 2017
nduchucks:

I'm not sure you fully comprehend the allusions of my post, otherwise you would have realized that your very own Governor, who may have already made a deal with the Feds should be your focus.

Internet warriorship will not cut it. If you limit your objection to noise making here, I'm afraid the plan is as good as implemented.

Ranching, yes! ‘Grazing reserves’, no!! 

By Ochereome Nnanna
IN January 2016, the traditional ruler of Ubuluku in Aniocha Local Government of Delta State, Obi Agbogidi Akaeze Ofulue III, was kidnapped by suspected “Fulani herdsmen”. They demanded a ransom of N100 million which, reports say, was paid by the family. But alas!

The royal father was found dead as a result of his ordeals at the hands of these agents of darkness. A member of my tennis club, Dr. Kings Okpako; a popular alternative medicine practitioner and politician, suffered a similar fate at the hands of some “Fulani herdsmen” in 2014.

He still wears scars around his feet to remind him of his enslavement in the bushes of his native Abraka town. As their response to the ravaging effects of “Fulani herdsmen”, the Delta State Government appointed a Northerner as a Special Adviser to the Governor! They said it was a way of achieving “understanding” between the indigenes and Northerners in Delta State. I have nothing against offering any Nigerian an appointment in any part of Nigeria.

It is a noble thing to do, but it must not be done as if rewarding evil deeds. When Alhaji Umaru Altine, a Fulani from Sokoto was elected the first Lord Mayor of Enugu in 1952, it was as a reward for his services to community as a committed political disciple of Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe and his National Council for Nigeria and the Cameroons, NCNC. Such appointments are made to celebrate friendship and not to succumb to terrorism.

Now look at scenario number two: the same “Fulani herdsmen”, after successfully taking over isolated communities in Plateau State, spread their tentacles to neighbouring Nasarawa, Benue and other states further south. The most trending “exploits” of these modern-day conquistadors was the invasion and occupation of Agatu communities in Benue State. Guess how the Minister of Agriculture, Mr. Audu Ogbeh, whose kinsmen now live as refugees in their own homeland, reacted to this? He regaled us with the story of how these invaders are “not Nigerians””.

He said many of them came from as far as Mauritania “because they were told there was a Jihad being fought in Nigeria”. Remember also that when the Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, went to check the devastation of Agatu, he was more interested in reporting that the Fulani herdsmen lost over 10,000 cows to “cattle rustlers”, and that the attackers were “not Nigerians”. Ogbeh and Arase never told us if the fact that they were “foreigners” excused their evil deeds, nor did they shed light on the reluctance of their Commander-in-Chief, President Muhammadu Buhari, to send a military expedition to flush out the “foreign invaders” in the same fashion that the military was unleashed on pro-Biafra agitators and Sheikh Ibrahim El Zakzaky’s sect in Zaria.

After all, the constitution mandates him to protect Nigeria from internal insurrection and external aggression. Why did he go after the pro-Biafrans while allowing the Fulani invaders to keep on killing, destroying and displacing law-abiding Nigerians from their communities to gratify their livestock? We have been asking these questions, but there has been deafening silence from the occupant-in-chief Aso Villa. We will not stop until we hear from him.

Contrary to the decision of the Delta State Government to ingratiate themselves to the tormentors of their people by giving one of them a political appointment, Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State made it abundantly clear that those thinking that the herdsmen will be rewarded with “grazing reserves” in Benue State are jokers.  “It will never happen in this state”, he says.

I am writing this article in total opposition to the rumoured plans by the Federal Government to establish “grazing reserves” in all states of the Federation as a means of stopping the feud between nomadic cattle breeders and farmers. I understand that plans are upwind to persuade state governors to use their powers under the Land Use Act to confiscate parcels of land in their states for allocation to Fulani cattle breeders as “grazing reserves”.

It is very disappointing that many governors, especially those in the Central and Southern parts of the country are already exploring ways of implementing this highly objectionable plot. If this happens we will end up handing over lands belonging to indigenous families and communities gratis to non-indigene cattle breeders, thus rewarding them for their aggression and invasion of peace-loving communities.

Any governor who accepts to implement this policy is an enemy of his people and a betrayer of future generations of the owners of the land who are also entitled to inherit their ancestors’ patrimonies. Aggressive Nomadism must not be allowed to become an avenue for ethnic expansionism and conquest of citizens protected by the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. However, I am totally in support of creating a New Deal for animal agriculture in Nigeria. I am fully in support of Ogbeh’s intention to import nutritious Brazil grass to enhance livestock productivity.

But it must be done under a national policy of settling all livestock in Nigeria under a well-regulated ranching arrangement. We must create a package of incentives to modernise and optimise livestock farming just as we are doing for plant cultivation. Both must go pari passu. We must also have Nigeria billionaire ranchers. We must set a national policy that no livestock will be allowed to wander around in towns, villages or bushes in Nigeria (say, by the year 2020).

Anyone who wants to establish a ranch in any part of the country should buy or lease land for that purpose, just like people involved in other businesses. Fulani people who oppose ranching, opting instead for “grazing reserves” are nursing a hidden agenda. They do not want their kinsmen who rear their cattle to benefit from education and the comforts of a settled, civilised lifestyle. They don’t mean well for their people. Once again, I say “no” to “grazing reserves” but “yes” to better life for livestock farmers – in the secured comfort of their ranches!Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/ranching-yes-grazing-reserves-no/
Re: FG To Demarcate Cattle Routes Nationwide by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 14, 2017
Southerners please read the post above this one for more awareness about this issue, which is important to us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP reacts as Buhari says he assumed office in 2005 / 2023: Court Asked To Bar APC From Replacing Masari As Tinubu’s VP / Chibok: Parents Of Abducted Schoolgirls Parents Accuse Vice Principal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.