Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,217 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? (33830 Views)

Poll: Do You Think Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour?

Yes - Most of them: 16% (30 votes)
Yes - only some: 52% (96 votes)
No - they smell good: 30% (56 votes)
This poll has ended

Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! / Simple Way To Know If You Have Bad Breath / Why Do Luth Dr, Nurses, Interns Have Bad Attitudes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 01, 2010
I can't see why guys are getting personal on here, and letting loose with the insults.

As long as you yourselves don't reek, why would Mama's comments / thread bother you? She expressed her opinion, which last time I checked, everyone's allowed to do.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by lovemoi2(f): 12:03pm On Jan 01, 2010
^^^^
damn you are so mature
hopefully some NL guys will grow up to be like u cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 01, 2010
^^^ Thanks, Lovemoi2. I just can't see why guys are getting so aggressive and defensive.

Unless there's more truth in Mama's thread than they're willing to admit? wink
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by underscore: 1:12pm On Jan 01, 2010
Wonder where and when the poster conducted a research to arrive at MOST Nigerian men ,

Funny how people draw conclusions.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 01, 2010
I'd say Mama drew her conclusions from her own experiences.

And yes, some Nigerian men do reek. Some have a subtle smell, some you don't have to consciously sniff, but you'll be aware of the stench regardless. But, the smell is still there, nonetheless.

I haven't mentioned other races, or indeed Nigerian women, as this thread is about Nigerian men.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by netotse(m): 2:06pm On Jan 01, 2010
Siena:

I'd say Mama drew her conclusions from her own experiences.

And yes, some Nigerian men do reek. Some have a subtle smell, some you don't have to consciously sniff, but you'll be aware of the stench regardless. But, the smell is still there, nonetheless.

I haven't mentioned other races, or indeed Nigerian women, as this thread is about Nigerian men.
i think a large number of ppl on this thread might not hv a prob with the topic but with mama-gee herself, she's notorious for starting threads for stupid reasons and then abandoning same threads, which is what i guess she did with this one. . .
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 01, 2010
netotse:

i think a large number of ppl on this thread might not hv a prob with the topic but with mama-gee herself, she's notorious for starting threads for silly reasons and then abandoning same threads, which is what i guess she did with this one. . .

Brother, I can see where you're coming from.

But if Mama-gee's well known for starting silly threads, the obvious thing for people to do would be to ignore them, and don't humour her by responding. Why do they then persist in keeping her threads alive, other than they secretly enjoy them? wink
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by fabileh: 2:22pm On Jan 01, 2010
abi ohh
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 01, 2010
some people feel better when they get things off their chests
and they have evry right to do so~anyhow within the boundaries of the forum
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by ochukoccna: 3:34pm On Jan 01, 2010
underscore:

Wonder where and when the poster conducted a research to arrive at MOST Nigerian men ,
Funny how people draw conclusions.
@ UNDERSCORE, thanks for hitting the gee string in this thread. The question is how was her conclusion arrived @?
Was the analysis subjective or objective? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
While I do agree the males have been vociferous in their reaction, shouldn't that be expected?
Following her analysis with one 9ja man, most Nigerians are terrorists too because Abdul 'baby faced bomber' Mutallab is a terrorist. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided and go about strapped in bomb laden briefs in their daily activities angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
@ least he has pioneered technology which ladies can now use on their hit and run lovers grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Habib16(m): 5:40pm On Jan 01, 2010
@poster! I swear! u know say we get two types of Odour 1, Mouth 2,Body. Infact the best Perfume & deodarant cant cur it.But u funny this one no be poverty Oo! Body odour is caused on the day of birth!The reason why is dat when some1 has been given birth to u know due to how they wash or Baff the baby i.e if the baby is not thoroughly brushed with soap nooo I dnt mean brush the mouth with soap I mean the body
Thoroughly so that the garment wey commot with the baby go dissapear or else e go dey sssmel! Lol thank God I no get any odour either Mouth or Body tank God!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by gidson12(m): 8:03pm On Jan 01, 2010
@Habib16
where u get d cr.ap u dey post, Mugu
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by rafcrown(m): 10:36pm On Jan 01, 2010
Why wasting resources during economic recession on Police Dogs
When we  have Mamagee and her believers
Are all the people going to religious places HOLY?
The best way for all the sniffers to use this natural talent positively
Monday ---MMA  .SNIFFING FOODSTUFFS HIDDEN INSIDE BAGS
TUESDAY, NDLEA .SNIFFING COCAINE,INDIAN HEMP WELL CONCEALED
WEDNESDAY  CUSTOMS  .GENERAL DUTIES
THURSDAY    NAFDAC  . GENERAL DUTIES
FRIDAY        CHEMICAL COMPANIES IN APAPA/IKEJA
SATURDAY    MOSQUES
SUNDAY    CHURCHES        MORNING           NIGHT    SHRINES
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by mamagee3(f): 11:39pm On Jan 01, 2010
Siena:

I can't see why guys are getting personal on here, and letting loose with the insults.

As long as you yourselves don't reek, why would Mama's comments / thread bother you? She expressed her opinion, which last time I checked, everyone's allowed to do.

Simple! because they are the masters in BO(Body Odor) grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 01, 2010
mama-gee:

Simple! because they are the masters in BO(Body Odor) grin grin grin

LMAO! Mama-gee, you're an absolute scream! cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by mamagee3(f): 12:03am On Jan 02, 2010
Siena:

LMAO! Mama-gee, you're an absolute scream!  cheesy

What does that mean? undecided
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 12:09am On Jan 02, 2010
mama-gee:

What does that mean? undecided

Means you're a real comedian - never a dull moment with you on board. smiley
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by A40(m): 12:44am On Jan 02, 2010
Mama-gee must be into sales. WholeHOEsales  grin grin either that or she is an anatomical sales associate that would explain why she has bumped into lot of foul-smelling niggas
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Nobody: 12:55am On Jan 02, 2010
A-40:

Mama-gee must be into sales. WholeHOEsales  grin grin either that or she is an anatomical sales associate that would explain why she has bumped into lot of foul-smelling niggas
angry angry angry

Happy New Year, babe smiley
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by A40(m): 1:00am On Jan 02, 2010
FL Gators:

angry angry angry
grin grin grin. Oto koro bi Guinness

FL Gators:

Happy New Year, babe smiley
Happy New Year Mami wink wink
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by Gabry(f): 1:16am On Jan 02, 2010
Mama Gee, Says who Naija men has bad body odour. My man smells great and I love it! And as for the rest, there are many Naija guys coming in and out of our house and so far, Ive never met a guy that stinks.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by rafcrown(m): 1:33am On Jan 02, 2010
happy odour smelling year

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by rafcrown(m): 1:37am On Jan 02, 2010
happy sniffing year

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by rafcrown(m): 1:44am On Jan 02, 2010
@MAMAGEE
CAN U SMELL PEOPLE WITH
CANCER
HEARTH ATTACK
HYPERTENSION
DIABETICS
HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
AIDS

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by chiogo(f): 1:48am On Jan 02, 2010
A-40:

Haha 40 boy, that was a classic!!! Happy New Year!!

But why are you folks catching feelings, did she lie? grin grin grin LOLOL J/k I wouldn't know. But with the number of Naija women bashing threads going on, this is a good laugh. tongue
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by HOTsnow(m): 11:11am On Jan 02, 2010
the problem wey naijamen get b say, they will keep hips of afro under their ampit and not just that d color will hav turned to gold, so wat do u expect in this hot weather, MASSIVE SMELL AND HUNTING GROUND FOR BACTERIA TO LIVE, though the pinkmen and not whitemen sef get odour oooo, dem no dey bath, i applaud ur alacrity to bring about dignity in Nigerianmen, u are tugbaski mamageee, wink
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by gidson12(m): 11:31am On Jan 02, 2010
@Hotsnow
how do u know all these. I guess u n ur brothers are classic example of wat u just described
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by v24m(f): 12:29pm On Jan 02, 2010
Ahhh. Wahala dey oooo. Please guys lets not take this post too personal, Mamagee probably did not put the sentence properly and i sincere apologise on her behalf before you guys kill her on this forum because knowing you nairalanders well even on another post you guys will still go after her and continue with the insult. Personally i dont think she meant any harm to anyone it just goes to show that there is so much one needs to learn which is,

1, dont generalize
2, becareful of what and how you post your topics cos we can see this one has really offended a lot of people esp the Nigerian guys undecided
3, be mindful how you insult it could be your turn

This is 2010 lets forgive and forge ahead. Peace y'all
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by THEAMAKA1: 4:15pm On Jan 02, 2010
im seriously just laughing at all of you losing your heads over this topic.
why even waste your time?
everyone should know mama-gee enough by now to ignore her.
OF COURSE MOST NIGERIAN MEN DON'T STINK!!
JUST LIKE EVERYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD YOU HAVE THE MEN THAT STINK AND THE ONES THAT DON'T.
Maybe Nigerians or Africans may be more prone to this because of the climate, but who cares.
yawn. . .NEXT!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by ancel(m): 6:47pm On Jan 02, 2010
AMAKA, I tot it was you saying earlier on this thread that you agreed with mamagee cos of something you saw heard smelled in your hometown or something when you went to Naija? Is it doublespeak, or you were impersonated? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by THEAMAKA1: 6:51pm On Jan 02, 2010
ancel:

AMAKA, I tot it was you saying earlier on this thread that you agreed with mamagee cos of something you saw heard smelled in your hometown or something when you went to Naija? Is it doublespeak, or you were impersonated? undecided undecided undecided
i did not agree with mama-gee but i did notice that most guys were careless about their smell or felt that being "musty" wasn't a problem.
but im not the one in here arguing with people or losing my head over some dumb topic that "most nigerian men have body odor" cause i know thats not true.
besides, its not only people in nigeria that deal with this, its everywhere.
my only problem is that they either can't afford deodorant or they don't feel it is a necessity.
but oh well, i'm not in the mood.

and anyway i see where you are trying to go with this.
i smelled this in my hometown, lagos airport, port harcourt airport, imo airport, owerri.
so im gonna take a guess and say its everywhere.
WHO BLOODY CARES, GOOD DAY!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Have Bad Body Odour? by FMK(m): 6:56pm On Jan 02, 2010
i am tired block this thread please lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Half-human, Half-goat Baby In Jigawa / Nigerian Lady Dies After Childbirth (photos) / Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.