Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? (3987 Views)

A 19-Year-Old Lady Is In Love With Me, I'm 10 Years Older. I'm Scared / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me / My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by tamertery(m): 8:34am On Apr 10, 2017
blessme2019:
My Bae is 9 years older than I.

grin grin cheesy brother she is not your bae, she is your sugar mummy grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Quinn22(f): 8:45am On Apr 10, 2017
My sexual stamina don dey reduce too so it's all good. smiley
tamertery:

And as time passes by, and his sexual stamina reduces, u go start look for younger boys abi 10yrs is just too much, nothing wrong with 5 at most
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by tamertery(m): 8:49am On Apr 10, 2017
Quinn22:
My sexual stamina don dey reduce too so it's all good. smiley

Say whaaaatt??!!!

Y do u think women look for younger boys?
Bcz their sexual libido is hightend immediately after menopause, ( so i heard ooo)
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by EppPliss: 8:55am On Apr 10, 2017
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Quinn22(f): 9:01am On Apr 10, 2017
Mine is different tongue
tamertery:

Say whaaaatt??!!!

Y do u think women look for younger boys?
Bcz their sexual libido is hightend immediately after menopause, ( so i heard ooo)
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by tamertery(m): 9:05am On Apr 10, 2017
Quinn22:
Mine is different tongue

You win
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by sirusX(m): 9:30am On Apr 10, 2017
Mcslize:
Mojoy88 it should be from the point of a man. Ladies like mature men. A man should be far older than his wife. Like 5 to 10 years ain't bad. Mind you, ladies develop faster at their early age than guys. If you see some ladies of let's say 19 years old, you will think they are 30 years old. And if you see a guy of 30 years old , you will think he is still in his early 20's way look younger than his age. Such a guy can marry a girl he is even older than with 15 years but not the other way round. If such a guy go on marring a lady of same age, people may mistake her as his aunt rather than his wife.

Hence, it is advisable for ladies to always get married to older guys than marrying their age mate or those they are older than. A man must be reasonably older than his wife not the other way round. But when destiny Brings a woman who is older than her man, then they just have to go for it if and only if the woman will still respect the man as the head. As for me,I must be older than the lady I will marry with at least 5 to 10 years for the fact that ladies age faster than guys.
GBAM!!! You have said all that is needed to know
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 10, 2017
Hmmm No!

Except he's extremely handsome ,rich and faithful ..
Then yea! cheesy

If not ? Lemme jejely stick with my young handsome hot blood boo. wink
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 10, 2017
Boydehot:
He will treat u like a kid and u respect him as an adult. But when kasala burst na than u go know say that man no get human feeling, and for mind na so u go talk say hm don day wowo.

For real!
That's whats hapening to one of my friend .her husband is way older and he treats her like a kid, while hes all lord and master.. Hes always tight faced as if na only im old pass for this world , and he is just 42. she so resent him for it.
She will always tell me alexis , marrying this man was my worst mistake ..lol.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Boydehot: 12:02pm On Apr 10, 2017
As the bread winner, that one is certain.
Mcslize:

Lol there's no escape route. You will still be the man of the home. The bread winner of course!
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Mojoy88(m): 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
alexialin:

For real!
That's whats hapening to one of my friend .her husband is way older and he treats her like a kid, while hes all lord and master.. Hes always tight faced as if na only im old pass for this world , and he is just 42. she so resent him for it.
She will always tell me alexis , marrying this man was my worst mistake ..lol.
I think your friend's experience is not about the man's age but his personality. I've heard and seen cases where husbands respect their much younger wives, treating them like queens. They do not like making reference to age, no matter what.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by 1234onyekwe: 9:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
Rukkydelta:
No I can't
Can't do more than 5years
No one should quote me cos we all have individual difference
pls let us not mind her once money is involved she can even go for 20yrs older without minding,when u try to remind her about what she just said she'll tell u man na man,all join.
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Rukkydelta(f): 9:23pm On Apr 10, 2017
1234onyekwe:
pls let us not mind her once money is involved she can even go for 20yrs older without minding,when u try to remind her about what she just said she'll tell u man na man,all join.
Sweetheart not everybody is money oriented
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 10, 2017
Mojoy88:

I think your friend's experience is not about the man's age but his personality. I've heard and seen cases where husbands respect their much younger wives, treating them like queens. They do not like making reference to age, no matter what.

She made reference to his age sha.
She said he doesn't like talking to her like best of friends do.
Instead of talking and communicating , he will always say I don't blame u.. I was the one who stoop myself so low to marry you. I would have married a more matured lady.
Do u think we are mates? How dare u talk back when am talking to u.. Nonsense!

That's their chapter sha..

But at the end older men carry too many bad memories of exs and tend to be overly suspicious of any moves made by his woman..
Younger guys most times, always give benefit of doubt.. And are free with their thinking..
Just my opinion thru experience anyways

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by 1234onyekwe: 4:23am On Apr 11, 2017
Rukkydelta:

Sweetheart not everybody is money oriented
sweet baby,not when it has to do with ego(money) & all what it can afford, well we know u ladies u don't always mean what u say but always do what u mean.
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by spytime(m): 5:37am On Apr 11, 2017
Ladies can marry a man who is far older but guys can't marry a lady who's far older than them.
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Mojoy88(m): 5:46am On Apr 11, 2017
alexialin:

She made reference to his age sha.
She said he doesn't like talking to her like best of friends do.
Instead of talking and communicating , he will always say I don't blame u.. I was the one who stoop myself so low to marry you. I would have married a more matured lady.
Do u think we are mates? How dare u talk back when am talking to u.. Nonsense!

That's their chapter sha..

But at the end older men carry too many bad memories of exs and tend to be overly suspicious of any moves made by his woman..
Younger guys most times, always give benefit of doubt.. And are free with their thinking..
Just my opinion thru experience anyways
Like i earlier said, it was the man's personality at play and not his age.
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Rukkydelta(f): 7:59am On Apr 11, 2017
1234onyekwe:
sweet baby,not when it has to do with ego(money) & all what it can afford, well we know u ladies u don't always mean what u say but always do what u mean.
You need to change that orientation of yours
And also the kind of Ladies you associate with
Eventhough the so called man is as rich as Dangote I won't. Can't marry someone that can give birth to me
Everything isn't about money.
Good morning
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Rukkydelta(f): 8:06am On Apr 11, 2017
Mojoy88:

Like i earlier said, it was the man's personality at play and not his age.
Personality indeed
My aunt and her husband once had a quarrel that he had to report the issue to my mum and he made a statement to my mum that my aunt should know he isn't her mate
And one sure truth is that most men dating/married to a younger woman have a great tendency of insecurity

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by 1234onyekwe: 10:45am On Apr 11, 2017
Rukkydelta:

You need to change that orientation of yours
And also the kind of Ladies you associate with
Eventhough the so called man is as rich as Dangote I won't. Can't marry someone that can give birth to me
Everything isn't about money.
Good morning
Good morning to u too,it'not about any orientation of mine,but a known fact that ladies will always go for the money any day, anytime, anywhere. U know why b/cos they don't joke with their comfort, don't joke with their security, & the last but not the lest don't joke with their freedom (financial) even at the expense of a true love. But of a truth do u mean that if dangote himself at his age should ask for u hand in marriage that u would decline ,knowing the financial worth of that man ,just try this once to be honest with you self.
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Rukkydelta(f): 11:47am On Apr 11, 2017
1234onyekwe:
Good morning to u too,it'not about any orientation of mine,but a known fact that ladies will always go for the money any day, anytime, anywhere. U know why b/cos they don't joke with their comfort, don't joke with their security, & the last but not the lest don't joke with their freedom (financial) even at the expense of a true love. But of a truth do u mean that if dangote himself at his age should ask for u hand in marriage that u would decline ,knowing the financial worth of that man ,just try this once to be honest with you self.
I'm being honest
I won't age regardless I can't get married to an already married man
You can air your opinion but that doesn't mean you can come to a conclusion about me cos you don't know my kind of personality,you don't have an idea of whom I'm physically
I better live and die in poverty than to sell my dignity for riches
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by 1234onyekwe: 1:53pm On Apr 11, 2017
Rukkydelta:

I'm being honest
I won't age regardless I can't get married to an already married man
You can air your opinion but that doesn't mean you can come to a conclusion about me cos you don't know my kind of personality,you don't have an idea of whom I'm physically
I better live and die in poverty than to sell my dignity for riches
Babe u amaze with ur kind of personality, that 'lld rather die in poverty than sell ur dignity for riches,but of a truth the dignity of most ladies which include u that is claiming saint is hinged on the financial worth of who ever u dating at the moment,whether directly or indirectly ,well I don't know how old u are may be early 20's or middle 20's that is why u are sounding so modest ,but let me assure one thing as the days, weeks, months goes by u 'll start seeing the true pictures of things as they are and start drifting to the opposite ,if that is not were u are already.
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by porchbaby(f): 2:29pm On Apr 11, 2017
Its a yes for me wink,
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Rukkydelta(f): 5:09pm On Apr 11, 2017
1234onyekwe:
Babe u amaze with ur kind of personality, that 'lld rather die in poverty than sell ur dignity for riches,but of a truth the dignity of most ladies which include u that is claiming saint is hinged on the financial worth of who ever u dating at the moment,whether directly or indirectly ,well I don't know how old u are may be early 20's or middle 20's that is why u are sounding so modest ,but let me assure one thing as the days, weeks, months goes by u 'll start seeing the true pictures of things as they are and start drifting to the opposite ,if that is not were u are already.
I'm going to make my own money
I won't be the type that will depend on a man for my survival
Like I said earlier you know nothing about me so don't be too quick to judge me
I'm not claiming to be a saint. Just saying my worth isn't monetary
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Lionessza(f): 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2017
Mojoy88:
Age difference between couple seems not to matter anymore. It seems the saying ''age is just a number'' has been imbibed by all and sundry in relationship. Even news of wife being older than the husband has become a normal story in our modern society.
However, how far can be too far. The age difference between couple in love may seem not to matter at the early stage of a relationship because the butterfly in the belly is still very much alive. But subsequently, realities will start checking the bond as the IGG (Initial gra gra) fades.
Now, considering all factors, what should be the reasonable age difference between a husband and wife? Can you marry someone's 10 years older or younger?

If he meets all the necessary requirements why not?
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Equal2DeTask(m): 5:58pm On Apr 11, 2017
Quinn22:
Why not?
That's even my first requirement! kiss
so dat the man will die before u
Shege there grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Equal2DeTask(m): 6:00pm On Apr 11, 2017
Mcslize:

A Lady of same age with you will look way too old for you. They may mistake her to be your aunt. A younger girl fits better. Your age mate should be looking at someone older to marry as well. A man of 36 marrying a Lady of 26 is very very much recommended. Person like Banky W who is somewhat between 36, 37 getting marrying to a gal of 26 ,27 ain't bad at all.

ye if a Man is older no probs....

Woman....older? Unacceptable.
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Quinn22(f): 7:18pm On Apr 11, 2017
I could die before him you know undecided
Death is unexpected and has no respect for no man.
Equal2DeTask:

so dat the man will die before u

Shege there grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by rekkie(f): 7:44pm On Apr 11, 2017
yeah.. my husband is 10yrs older than I am

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Destined2win: 10:09pm On Apr 11, 2017
habby51:
Marry a man 10yrs older is the best
The respect will be dia
My man is 10yrs older than me
Remove those eye lashes....very scary
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Mojoy88(m): 4:23pm On Apr 12, 2017
Rukkydelta:

Personality indeed
My aunt and her husband once had a quarrel that he had to report the issue to my mum and he made a statement to my mum that my aunt should know he isn't her mate
And one sure truth is that most men dating/married to a younger woman have a great tendency of insecurity
It still goes to the fact that he is not mature. Mind you, age doesn't confer maturity on a person. My mentor is more than 10 years older than his wife. But he treats his wife with respect
even when she messes up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Romance Section Suggestion/advice Box / The Most Wacky Tweet Ever By A Slay Mama. See Inside / Confession: I Don Fool Many People Sha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.