Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,932 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less (22213 Views)

Four Common Financial Mistakes Most People In Nigeria Make / CBN Gives Banks 2 Weeks To Settle Customers' Complaints / Five Reasons Your Business Needs A POS Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by Divay22(f): 10:50pm On Apr 10, 2017
importexpert:

hahhhh are they following you? if yes what have they done so far? grin
Nah..not me
You can tell us of yours though tongue grin grin grin grin
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by importexpert(m): 10:51pm On Apr 10, 2017
lonelydora:
Many people settle for less because they don't want to leave their comfort zone

in most cases for that reason they end up suffering in their comfort zone.

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by lonelydora: 10:55pm On Apr 10, 2017
importexpert:

in most cases for that reason they end up suffering in their comfort zone.

Exactly
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by SEEDORF441(m): 11:14pm On Apr 10, 2017
Poverty is another reason

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by SEEDORF441(m): 11:14pm On Apr 10, 2017
Poverty and illiteracy is another reason

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by queenbetsy(f): 11:15pm On Apr 10, 2017
importexpert:

what?
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by Wealthyonos(m): 11:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
hmmmmmm
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by Limitless72(m): 12:16am On Apr 11, 2017
importexpert:
We all have goals and aspirations that we constantly work towards. Nobody was taught how to dream, it is an innate ability within every human. But even though everyone has a dream, very few become a reality. Most goals suddenly change into the “if only...” statements. This is because every goal has to be tested by opposition and hurdles.

However, a wise man once said, “What holds us back is hardly what confronts us. Instead, it is what is within us”. This means what prevents people from living their dreams is not the situation they are faced with but because of certain things they did not deal with on their inside. Likewise in business, harsh economic weather among other things is rarely why businesses fail or never get started. The business person builds the business. The strength of the business is therefore dependent on his personality (the kind of person he has developed himself to be). It is therefore logical that he works on himself first!

Here are five reasons people settle for less rather than pursue their goals.

1. Fear:

Fear is unarguably the first on the list. Fear is a natural instinct that is implanted in humans to keep us away from danger. Unfortunately, it has become a restriction because very few people have learned to master it. Many people avoid starting a business because they are scared it will fail. But there are many businesses that started from the scratch and did not fail.

To handle your fear, you have to learn to stop running away from what looks scary. Do the things that make you afraid. Start with the little ones on the list and build your courage from the successes you record. Constantly reaffirm to yourself that what you feel is the usual feeling people have when they are trying out a new terrain. With time, you’d get familiar with it too.

2. Excuses:

This ranks second on the list. An excuse is a convenient way for us to absolve ourselves of the blame for a situation by implicating others. We declare that we are innocent and spotless while we point to others or things as the culprits of whatever happen to us. Interestingly, excuses are so cheap that everyone can pull one out of their pocket at a moment’s notice. You can literally have an excuse right now for something you can do but which you don’t want to. The fact here is that excuses are signs of failure. Hardly does anybody give an excuse for success.

To conquer habit of excuses, you have to remind yourself that you are responsible for everything around you. Constantly make decisions with the notion that you will not entertain any reason for failure.

3. Dependence:

Depending on others may work for a moment but the disappointment it will bring when expectations are not met can be massive. People have their lives to live and are not shareholders of your life. It is therefore strange to believe that they will take up your issue as their responsibility. Dependence robs you of your own initiative and power to change your own life.

To conquer dependence, all you need is quit and get busy for yourself. Quit waiting for that uncle of yours. Quit waiting for your distant relative. Quit waiting for the government. You have two hands like they do! Take control of your life and consciously mold it to your desired shape rather than leaving it to others.

4. Ignorance:

Nothing is as rampant among a group of people as ignorance. It is like bad breath. Hardly will the individual know it except he is told by others. This explains why people flaunt their ignorance with pride. Ignorance simply implies that you do not have enough and correct information. The best way to spot your ignorance is to know when what you know is not working.
To overcome ignorance, it is a noble habit that you constantly seek enough information before you take any step. Invest in books. Surf the web. Consult with the experts in the field.

5. Procrastination:

Procrastination is leaving till tomorrow what you can do right now. Procrastination shifts responsibilities to create room for convenience today and overload tomorrow. The problem with procrastinating is that it robs you of the gift of time which it would have taken to execute another idea. It also increases the pressure that you will face tomorrow. It is a way of straining your tomorrow even before you step into it.

To overcome procrastination, you need to realize that you lose the effectiveness of result of everything you postpone. Make up your mind to start immediately whatever it is that you have planned. Begin the project now. Start the business now. Remind yourself of the need to live in the present by instructing yourself to “do it now”.

Ultimately, it lies in your hands to what extent you want to succeed. The power to decide how far you want to go is not in the hands of fate but your hands. In the words of Marjaan Saddiq, “fate only wins when you acknowledge defeat”. Refuse to settle for less. Dare for more. Conquer yourself and nothing shall be too big for you to defeat.

Join Me And Other Nairalanders To Learn The Personal Secret Step I Used In Affiliate Marketing To Make N225, 000 in A Single Week at www.affiliatejagaban.com/p/jagaban.html

Wow!!!...
I've been searching for jagaban's contact
Thanks to this post
Pls oga jagaban can you just drop your email or gmail..
I need some directions from you and its discreet...Thanks
I wan buy the e-book too ooooo
How do I go about it
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by barnabas91: 12:18am On Apr 11, 2017
Nice one. Lovely write up
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by Kingsley123(m): 12:28am On Apr 11, 2017
Pls OP i need your ebook. you can contact me via kingsleyndu001@gmail.com
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by Rick9(m): 12:33am On Apr 11, 2017
So it's from importexpert hmmmmmmm nice write up anyway
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by marxwellerr247(m): 1:39am On Apr 11, 2017
SOMETIMES SOME PEOPLE THINK OTHERS ARE GOATS .

THE SOCIETY PUSHED PPL TO THE WALL,

SEEMS LIKE U NEVER HAD IT HARD & TOUGH B4

SO WHY ARE U NOT IN SENATE HOUSE IF U HAVE ALL THIS BRAIN,

DO WE REALY HAVE A FAIR SYSTEM HERE ?

IN NIGERIA, GRADUATES WORK FOR TOUTS AND ILLITRATES AND UNFORTUNATELY THE SITUATION HASN'T CHANGED .

TOMPOLOGY TOOK MONEY FROM FEDERAL GOVT FOR MARITIME UNIVERSITY LAND PROJECT

WHAT HAVE U TO SAY ?

IS A MEDIOCRE SOCIETY

SO DON'T BLAME PPL AND DON'T TINK U KNOW IT ALL,

U ARE ONLY FORTUNATE , U NEVER HAD IT HAD

ARE U D ONLY SON ?

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by yinkakani(m): 2:00am On Apr 11, 2017
Wow. This is so timely, I really needed this.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by ijayebonyi(f): 5:50am On Apr 11, 2017
R2bees:
When u still have Wenger as ur manager
Lol. Let him be please
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 11, 2017
ijayebonyi:
Lol. Let him be please
lol the man yaf finished us.. are u from Ebonyi?
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by importexpert(m): 8:17am On Apr 11, 2017
Divay22:
Nah..not me
You can tell us of yours though tongue grin grin grin grin

in most cases, we only hear about it in the north because it is not common. grin
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by importexpert(m): 8:20am On Apr 11, 2017
Limitless72:

Wow!!!...
I've been searching for jagaban's contact
Thanks to this post
Pls oga jagaban can you just drop your email or gmail..
I need some directions from you and its discreet...Thanks
I wan buy the e-book too ooooo
How do I go about it

you can get all my contacts at www.affiliatejagaban.com/p/jagaban.html preferably flash or call me.
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by importexpert(m): 8:22am On Apr 11, 2017
Kingsley123:
Pls OP i need your ebook. you can contact me via kingsleyndu001@gmail.com

hi, good day. please note that i do not contact people via mails on forum but you can get the guide and my contact from www.affiliatejagaban.com/p/jagaban.html
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by Divay22(f): 8:25am On Apr 11, 2017
importexpert:

in most cases, we only hear about it in the north because it is not common. grin
I don't live in the north........Anyway i was just kidding cheesy cheesy cheesy grin :DJust wanted to smile, that was why i said it.
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by ijayebonyi(f): 2:34pm On Apr 11, 2017
R2bees:
lol the man yaf finished us.. are u from Ebonyi?
Yes i am
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by importexpert(m): 3:02pm On Apr 11, 2017
feel free to ask your affiliate marketing related questions.
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 11, 2017
Nice one, op.

This is true for most people. No matter how much you think you must have succeeded, there is always a regret.

Most times, all these factors come to bear when you cannot help the circumstances life has placed you. For instance, a refugee in a detention centre. Ultimately, it boils down to CHOICES. Sometimes, like in my own case, these factors makes me humble and appreciative of life. I know that if all these factors were not there, I would be proud and probably would have exceeded my limits and perished. But that fear, dependence, excuses and etc, keeps me at bay.

Looking at the op again, I see that it might also be applicable to marriage. Many people, men and women, eventually settle for less. They marry whoever is available after several years of un-seriousness, or age is not on their side, or the beauty (and the seeling points) has eroded, or the money is no more there, or change of circumstances or location.
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by MrLekan95(m): 3:50pm On Apr 11, 2017
Interesting...
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 11, 2017
ijayebonyi:
Yes i am
thats good.. I grew up in Ai
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by ijayebonyi(f): 8:55pm On Apr 11, 2017
R2bees:
thats good.. I grew up in Ai
Really? That's good. Where are you from?
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2017
ijayebonyi:
Really? That's good. Where are you from?
Anambra state..but I'm Ai born and bred
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by ijayebonyi(f): 9:55pm On Apr 11, 2017
R2bees:
Anambra state..but I'm Ai born and bred
Alright. Am Ebonyi grew up at Anambra
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 12, 2017
I commend your write up @importexport. Everything you wrote is right.

The first time i was confronted with fear was after my first business success. Massive at that moment. I never knew that the world was full of CRABS. People whose sole aim was to bring you down with the first slightest contact you have with them.

It took me so long to master the art of being a lion and an eagle with regards to my business. Only a lion or an eagle can effectively protect his assets backed by God.

The world is wicked so business is not meant for naive people..
Re: Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less by importexpert(m): 5:46pm On Apr 19, 2017
fucklikant101:

when does it become a crime to advertise?

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit / FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi / Tony Elumelu Joins In Nigeria/Senegal Jollof Rice Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.