Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy (22017 Views)

Banks Lose Over N1bn As Hoodlums Wreck ATMs, Branches / NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals / Banks Stop Cash Withdrawal From Overseas Atms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Islie: 8:41am On Jul 07, 2023
For bank customers, it is different strokes for different folks in accessing cash.
This followed the banks’ failure to implement uniform cash withdrawal policy across their Automated Teller Machines (ATMs), Over-the-Counter (OTC) and other transaction channels

While some banks are raising the daily limit on ATM transactions by over 400 per cent, others are cutting the limit by almost the same margin.

The practice has made it difficult for some bank customers to access the cash needed for their daily use and businesses.

While Zenith Bank Plc raised the limit of cash withdrawals on ATMs to N200,000 daily, other banks’ ATMs can only pay between N20,000 and N40,000 daily.

“You can perform cash withdrawals of up to N200,000 per day, at Zenith Bank Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) nationwide, even if you bank with other financial institutions,” the bank announced in an emailed note to customers.

It added that the N500,000 weekly cashless policy withdrawal limit for individuals still applies.

Aside from Zenith Bank, other lenders also operate diverse rules on cash withdrawals.

At the Fidelity Bank Plc branch in Ibeju-Lekki Lagos, the bank’s ATMs were set at N5,000 per withdrawal, and customers are allowed to withdraw a maximum of N40,000 per day.

Lagos-based entrepreneur and Managing Director of Countryside Communication, Johnson Okanlawon, said commercial banks in Akowonjo, Lagos are restricting daily cash withdrawals on ATMs to between N20,000.00 and N40,000.

He said many of the banks are also not able to pay N500,000 daily cash withdrawals for OTC transactions as directed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

Many of the banks are paying N50,000 and N100,000 for over-the-counter transactions per day. It is really difficult to get cash from some banks these days,” he said.

Okanlawon said many of the banks complained about the rising cost of accessing cash from the CBN.

A manager with an old-generation bank in Lagos said banks pay around N500,000 for the logistics of moving cash from the CBN to their branches, and many banks are not ready to bear the costs.

He said: “It costs money to bring money to branches. We are relying on cash deposits from customers, which are not forthcoming. We wish these costs are avoidable.

“In many cases, we call business owners with huge cash receipts to bring cash and we pay them cheaper rate, instead of making cash requisition officially.”

Under the cash withdrawal limit policy, the CBN had placed cash withdrawal limits of a maximum of N500,000 weekly on individuals and a maximum of N5million weekly on corporate entities.

The implementation of the policy has been chaotic as the shortage in cash supply created a scarcity of cash across the country.

However, such cash rationing has not been implemented by banks in Abuja and Rivers State.

https://thenationonlineng.net/banks-abandon-uniform-atms-otc-transaction-policy/

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Zezco(m): 8:44am On Jul 07, 2023
Banks are now robbing customers to maximize their profits.

First to comment since I joined Nairaland, dedicate this to all BATified.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by TemplarLandry: 8:50am On Jul 07, 2023
Let the people breaaf.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by IamANigerianMan: 9:59am On Jul 07, 2023
Most of the Emefiele policies were good but the corrupt country like Nigeria headed by corrupt people eg Tinubu , Shetima, AKPABIO, Tanjudeen etc , the policy cannot work.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Chibuzoripob: 9:59am On Jul 07, 2023
sad All thanks to Emefiele and his friends in Aso Rock back then.

DSS should handover that bastard to EKO/EDO boys

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by skywalker240(m): 9:59am On Jul 07, 2023
I don't care

All I know is that

It will favour me and my Family 🤣🤣😂 grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by grandstar(m): 10:00am On Jul 07, 2023
After Emefiele destroyed billions of old Naira notes, they failed to produce new ones.

This is just sad.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by techycontents(m): 10:00am On Jul 07, 2023
Hmm
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 07, 2023
question i always ask is where are the new mint notes elewele printed and claimed he injected into the system?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by bosschinalu(m): 10:00am On Jul 07, 2023
Hunger bad

1 Like

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by airsaylongcome: 10:00am On Jul 07, 2023
Yoruba people please translate "Okanlawon" please.

Would it be right to interprete it as "They are one (United)?"

Edit: I've gotten a detailed explanation. Thanks everyone that responded
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by bluefilm: 10:00am On Jul 07, 2023
As for me, if you are talking banking and you ain't talking about OPay, then I am not interested.

7 Likes

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Boogyman557: 10:01am On Jul 07, 2023
Holly Gram cool Which kind tin be this!

Na to BLAST BLAST der left legs wit my old KALA.

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

7 Likes

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Gondonu: 10:01am On Jul 07, 2023
Crooked criminals

1 Like

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Gondonu: 10:02am On Jul 07, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
sad
Why the sad look? It has not favoured you and your family again?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by theophorus(m): 10:02am On Jul 07, 2023
Abeg make those people parkwell joor. If dem like make dem unify thier Atm and otc payments.

Sha, those days of deposits will take time to return. What Emiefielism has caused will take time to undo
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by sukkot: 10:02am On Jul 07, 2023
grin
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by slawomir: 10:02am On Jul 07, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Dubetex96(m): 10:03am On Jul 07, 2023
This bank policy go favour me and my family shikina

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by smokinloud(m): 10:03am On Jul 07, 2023
Good development.
God bless Tinubu!
God bless Nigeria!!
May Nigeria prosper!!!.
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by BigBlackPreek(m): 10:03am On Jul 07, 2023
Naija my country!
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:03am On Jul 07, 2023
Zezco:
The robbery will favour me and my family.

7 Likes

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by MykellOni(m): 10:04am On Jul 07, 2023
T
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Theben(m): 10:04am On Jul 07, 2023
Zezco:
Bloody illiterate...
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:04am On Jul 07, 2023
priceactionx:
question i always ask is where are the new mint notes elewele printed and claimed he injected into the system?
Go ask Tinubu and Buhari

1 Like

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by JuanDeDios: 10:05am On Jul 07, 2023
skywalker240:
I don't care

All I know is that

This one might not.
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Streetdoctor: 10:05am On Jul 07, 2023
Dis one no concern those Agbado vagabonds and lunatics like helinues and LordviccoDaGuru
Bcs those vagabonds no get up to d maximum limit for account, abi d security boy LordviccoDaGuru wey dem dey pay around 30k go get up to that

1 Like

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Traplord09: 10:05am On Jul 07, 2023
skywalker240:
I don't care

All I know is that

make I join you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Rebuke: 10:07am On Jul 07, 2023
Confused lots
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by geesilver(m): 10:07am On Jul 07, 2023
IamANigerianMan:
Most of the Emefiele policies were good but the corrupt country like Nigeria headed by corrupt people eg Tinubu , Shetima, AKPABIO, Tanjudeen etc , the policy cannot work.
Ask yourself if the so called good policies work when your Emefiele was in power?
That's what get us to all these mess we are facing today.

3 Likes

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Streetdoctor: 10:08am On Jul 07, 2023
Gondonu:
Why the sad look? It has not favoured you and your family again?
U for ask whether en get upto d maximum limit for account.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma / Billboard Advertisement Rate In Lagos & Ogun State? / Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.