Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,530 members, 7,865,198 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:48 PM

Help:my Mercedes Benz C Class Compressor Is Bad - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help:my Mercedes Benz C Class Compressor Is Bad (2158 Views)

2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Interior Spied With Massive Infotainment Touchscreen / Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies / My Mercedes Benz CLS 500 Wont Change Gear From Gear 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help:my Mercedes Benz C Class Compressor Is Bad by osundu(m): 7:59pm On Apr 10, 2017
My Mercedes Benz C Class 200 1999 model (classic) compressor is bad and I need to fix it but am confuse with The compressor to fix. My AC mechanic Advised I fix a Peugeot 507 compressor by way of construction Cos is durable and chills very well.Another AC mechanic advised I stick to the original C Class compressor as Peugeot compressor will put more pressure on the engine.Pls I need ur advice,thanx I appreciate in advance.
Re: Help:my Mercedes Benz C Class Compressor Is Bad by nurey(m): 8:28pm On Apr 10, 2017
American advice
You shouldn't alter a manufacturer spec on car parts. Its best you replace with the exact compressor or do without it if you are cash crunched and when you have the finance, you can replace the necessary parts. I wish you goodluck mate also you can check youtube for a DIY on it if technician charges are too much, have been in your shoes peace man.

Naija advice
Bros are you stupid or you knack your head for ground when small, how you go remove sometin and put another thing, since you know you are a poor man why didnt you just buy Peugeot 306? nah by force to drive benz mtcheeewww, who you epp sef wey you wan make we epp you.

guyman if you like buy refrigerator compressor and fix, nah your wahala be that. sokie, oritameta, bajebaje come and see this man wey wan patronize kazeem oooo

7 Likes

Re: Help:my Mercedes Benz C Class Compressor Is Bad by Originalsly: 9:52am On Apr 11, 2017
I advise you try Kenmore freezer compressor by construction.....it is very durable, cheaper than that of Peugeot and chills very fast and very cold.... I know what I'm telling you.

1 Like

Re: Help:my Mercedes Benz C Class Compressor Is Bad by SmartchoicesNG: 10:22am On Apr 11, 2017
osundu:
My Mercedes Benz C Class 200 1999 model (classic) compressor is bad and I need to fix it but am confuse with The compressor to fix. My AC mechanic Advised I fix a Peugeot 507 compressor by way of construction Cos is durable and chills very well.Another AC mechanic advised I stick to the original C Class compressor as Peugeot compressor will put more pressure on the engine.Pls I need ur advice,thanx I appreciate in advance.
507 will work but it will continuously cut your serpentine belt... Due to non alignment of the compressor pulley especially as a result of inaccurate construction of the compressor hanger...
My advice get an OEM Benz compressor.... Condenser ... Dryer... Just do a reinstall. But ensure that you get​ an airtight guarantee... Where's your location Maybe I can direct you

3 Likes

Re: Help:my Mercedes Benz C Class Compressor Is Bad by osundu(m): 11:42am On Apr 11, 2017
@smart choices NG, thank u all for ur Words.i live in Enugu and would love u to direct me.
Re: Help:my Mercedes Benz C Class Compressor Is Bad by SmartchoicesNG: 2:10pm On Apr 11, 2017
osundu:
@smart choices NG, thank u all for ur Words.i live in Enugu and would love u to direct me.
Contact Aikerism. Or engrkels they should be embedded in one WhatsApp forum
Re: Help:my Mercedes Benz C Class Compressor Is Bad by camaro(m): 7:34am On Apr 17, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

Contact Aikerism. Or engrkels they should be embedded in one WhatsApp forum

The conversion is a thing of choice. I drive a w202 c180 m111 engine. The conversion was perfect, no single construction was made. Same pulley belt, new 508 compressor new Peugeot sitting. No single vibration. Chilling is Moscow. I'm engr kells based in abia state follow us on WhatsApp Benz group and I will guide you properly if you are interested
Re: Help:my Mercedes Benz C Class Compressor Is Bad by osundu(m): 4:55pm On Apr 17, 2017
@camaro, pls how do I contact u? I live in enugu
Re: Help:my Mercedes Benz C Class Compressor Is Bad by osundu(m): 8:37pm On Apr 26, 2017
Pls engr kells and aikerism add me on ur Benz whatsapp group on 08034510903.i need ur guidance on my AC.
Re: Help:my Mercedes Benz C Class Compressor Is Bad by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:26pm On Apr 26, 2017
most of the above are not entirely true.
I've seen Peugeot compressor constructs very neatly done. in fact I once entered a hiace bus from owerri to Lagos, the Ac was so chilling I had to ask the driver what kinda gas he uses... he said its not the gas, its the compressor. very perfect construct. in fact I've experienced one done on a 2azfe 03camry. although it took them a while to get the perfect belt.

IMO I wouldn't advice anything other than manufacturer spec, but wen the going gets tough and the situation permits with proven competent technician..... I'd give it a go
Re: Help:my Mercedes Benz C Class Compressor Is Bad by camaro(m): 9:48am On Apr 27, 2017
osundu:
@camaro, pls how do I contact u? I live in enugu

Re: Help:my Mercedes Benz C Class Compressor Is Bad by moskito36(m): 1:01pm On Apr 27, 2017
Abeg you sabi correct A/C TECH in akure or Ekiti axis?
SmartchoicesNG:

507 will work but it will continuously cut your serpentine belt... Due to non alignment of the compressor pulley especially as a result of inaccurate construction of the compressor hanger...
My advice get an OEM Benz compressor.... Condenser ... Dryer... Just do a reinstall. But ensure that you get​ an airtight guarantee... Where's your location Maybe I can direct you
Re: Help:my Mercedes Benz C Class Compressor Is Bad by Nobody: 3:51am On Apr 28, 2017
These guys are here again.
Re: Help:my Mercedes Benz C Class Compressor Is Bad by SmartchoicesNG: 6:11am On Apr 28, 2017
None that I can vouch for.

moskito36:
Abeg you sabi correct A/C TECH in akure or Ekiti axis?
Re: Help:my Mercedes Benz C Class Compressor Is Bad by Omoocash(m): 11:57pm On Apr 29, 2017
osundu:
Pls engr kells and aikerism add me on ur Benz whatsapp group on 08034510903.i need ur guidance on my AC.

Add me to Benz WhatsApp group

(1) (Reply)

Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel / AUDI A3: Who Will Give Me Solid Advice? / 5 Year Old Audi A4 Vs BMW 3'series? What Do You Recommend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.