Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

She Is Not Your Slave!!! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Is Not Your Slave!!! (6203 Views)

My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop / Your Wife Is Not Your Slave! / She Is Not Your Slave!!! Episode 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by Nobody: 5:28am On Apr 12, 2017
richyblink1:

Brotherly, when it's Saturday morning, it's family chores first. Then I can go hang out with the boys much later after assisting my senorita with vital chores.

For the records, i leave home 6:20am every morning and returns by 7pm from Monday to Friday. And once I am home I immidiately start my nanny job (carrying, singing and playing with my girls as we have 5 months old twin girls) till the sleep let's say by 10pm or so depending, knowing fully well that my betterhalf will take over if they wake at midnight/early morning. While I equally sing and play with them Saturdays and Sundays to allow their mother rest.

Trust me, there is no better joy than singing and dancing for my girls daily. In fact I do James bond on wheels daily just to get home on time to play with them before they go to bed. Mind you, I equally wake between 2am and 3am to check on my squard(betterhalf and the twin) incase they are awake or need my assistance.

You're a good man, thank you for this

5 Likes

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by richyblink1(m): 6:16am On Apr 12, 2017
Joavid:

Not just about you. There are alot of men like you who believe their wife is an automatic laundry woman after marriage. That's why you see washing your own clothes as a big deal.

Maybe it's a cultural thing; I don't care.

but where I come from plus common sense just dictates that your laundry is a personal thing you should take care of yourself.

read that again and ask yourself if you made any sense.

I think you should learn how to read and comprehend. Can you kindly read what I posted.

1. I never mentioned her washing for me.

2. I talked about "her cloths not mine".

3. I never talked about women washing for their husbands.

Please take a look at the subject again. It's referring to men assisting their wife's.

For your information, the laundry men takes care of all laundry at home except wifey's church clothes as she prefers washing herself.

4 Likes

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by zed7: 6:53am On Apr 12, 2017
richyblink1:

Brotherly, when it's Saturday morning, it's family chores first. Then I can go hang out with the boys much later after assisting my senorita with vital chores.

For the records, i leave home 6:20am every morning and returns by 7pm from Monday to Friday. And once I am home I immidiately start my nanny job (carrying, singing and playing with my girls as we have 5 months old twin girls) till the sleep let's say by 10pm or so depending, knowing fully well that my betterhalf will take over if they wake at midnight/early morning. While I equally sing and play with them Saturdays and Sundays to allow their mother rest.

Trust me, there is no better joy than singing and dancing for my girls daily. In fact I do James bond on wheels daily just to get home on time to play with them before they go to bed. Mind you, I equally wake between 2am and 3am to check on my squard(betterhalf and the twin) incase they are awake or need my assistance.

Nice man. I guess you're newly married. Most men are like that when it's still new. Very soon you'll have more responsibilities and need more money. Then you'll double your hustle, stay out more, socialize more and won't have time and strength to babysit or do chores.
Mature men no longer have time for irrelevant things, they make money and their wives are thankful as long as the needs and even wants are being met . These same women would call you lazy even if you do all the chores but can't provide their needs.
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by richyblink1(m): 7:14am On Apr 12, 2017
zed7:

Nice man. I guess you're newly married. Most men are like that when it's still new. Very soon you'll have more responsibilities and need more money. Then you'll double your hustle, stay out more, socialize more and won't have time and strength to babysit or do chores.
Mature men no longer have time for irrelevant things, they make money and their wives are thankful as long as the needs and even wants are being met . These same women would call you lazy even if you do all the chores but can't provide their needs.

Don't know what you mean by "mature men". But will still give you a few details.

My dad is 78 but still handles his laundry personally. He was washing my clothes till I finished secondary school, yeah you heard me right. As of having more responsibilities, I have been carrying that for over 12 years now. You know what that entails?

Staying home to assist your family once in a while does not make you immature or have less responsibility like you claimed, rather it helps you bond with your family and keep you on your toes. Trust me, hanging out is something I do almost every weekend, but it mustn't clash with my family time as they are the reason for all the hustle as you claim.

As for doing all the chores and meeting my family needs. I provide 95% of my family needs as well as wants, not minding that my betterhalf is gainfully employed. Providing for your family should not be an excuse to divert your family's attention to your goons. What's the whole essence of the struggle if not family?

Was raised by a man(dad) that cooked and washed my clothes till my secondary school days just because his job is more flexible than mom's. And he has always put us first before any league of friends. So pardon me if I tend to give more attention to my family rather than friends.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 12, 2017
richyblink1:

Don't know what you mean by "mature men". But will still give you a few details.

My dad is 78 but still handles his laundry personally. He was washing my clothes till I finished secondary school, yeah you heard me right. As of having more responsibilities, I have been carrying that for over 12 years now. You know what that entails?

Staying home to assist your family once in a while does not make you immature or have less responsibility like you claimed, rather it helps you bond with your family and keep you on your toes. Trust me, hanging out is something I do almost every weekend, but it mustn't clash with my family time as they are the reason for all the hustle as you claim.

As for doing all the chores and meeting my family needs. I provide 95% of my family needs as well as wants, not minding that my betterhalf is gainfully employed. Providing for your family should not be an excuse to divert your family's attention to your goons. What's the whole essence of the struggle if not family?

Was raised by a man(dad) that cooked and washed my clothes till my secondary school days just because his job is more flexible than mom's. And he has always put us first before and league of friends. So pardon me if I tend to give more attention to my family rather than friends.

I hope you realize that many people on nairaland are below 16? Once someone has a data enabled phone, he can become a member of this forum, so you don't need to respond to every post. Many of them will do even more for their future wives but will come online and form Iron man

My dad was a professional chef so you can guess how often he made our meals when he wanted to, he could create sauce for dinner with just vegetables.

Read all posts but try responding to only the mature ones. Let the younger ones learn or move on, I don't see any point in arguing

11 Likes

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by richyblink1(m): 7:29am On Apr 12, 2017
Tallesty1:
You don't have to waste time and energy arguing with that girl, she's yet to see the other side of life. It's possible that she washes and irons her boyfriend's clothes but she's here feeling like what she's not to make a useless point.

Ofcourse my laundry is my responsibility but I and my partner are one so my responsibilities are her responsibilities and her responsibilities with exception of child bearing are my responsibilities too.

I am personally not comfortable with sitting idly to wait for someone to cook and serve unless she's like my aunt who doesn't want any male in her kitchen.

@Op, I want to tell you something, there are good men and there are good women but the problem with our generation is that we apply what we read online to our offline life.

I know a friend who goes to her boyfriend's house every Saturday to cook different soups for him that will last him the whole week but she was among those disturbing us with wife not cook hashtag.

Likewise men, many of us do all many works that are considered to be female works but we will never admit it.

Thing is, do what works for your family and be proud of it, it's nobody's business.

Simple. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by richyblink1(m): 7:31am On Apr 12, 2017
wink
Pidgin2:

You're a good man, thank you for this

Thanks a bunch!!!
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by richyblink1(m): 7:34am On Apr 12, 2017
Pidgin2:

I hope you realize that many people on nairaland are below 16? Once someone has a data enabled phone, he can become a member of this forum, so you don't need to respond to every post. Many of them will do even more for their future wives but will come online and form Iron man

My dad was a professional chef so you can guess how often he made our meals when he wanted to, he could create sauce for dinner with just vegetables.

Read all posts but try responding to only the mature ones. Let the younger ones learn or move on, I don't see any point in arguing

Smlies. Maturity in display. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by Acidosis(m): 8:20am On Apr 12, 2017
Joavid:
eeerm, ok. This laundry part is what I really don't understand.

Let's assume there's no washing machine.
why should I wash my hubby's clothes? Did I wear it with him?
Is he handicapped?

I'm not his maid, I'm not his mum.

I ain't washing no man's clothes!

Who wash your dad's clothes?

3 Likes

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by hresso: 8:26am On Apr 12, 2017
Mimzyy:
I'm so sorry, I couldn't help but quote the entire post. Men like you are very rare. You just earned my respect. Most men feel it's out of place or unmanly To Help their woman out once in a while. We are not robots too.

Nice dp.
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by richyblink1(m): 8:43am On Apr 12, 2017
aljharem:
Op you are a good man but trust me it is not in your place to wash your wife's clothes. From experience I would advice you don't do that again unless she is completely indispose for that period and not because of party. Everyone needs to understand their role and where they come in to help. If she is sick etc then help out.

Brother don't do something you would later regret

Again just an advice. God bless your union

Thanks for the advice. But trust me if you are married to an angel in human clothing, you will die trying to put smiles on her face.

How else will i help a woman that told me years ago when I was struggling to have an account balance of 2,000 "that she wants to be there now that the sky is falling on me, so she will equally be there when I start stepping on the sky"?

Bro, there is a difference between a trophy and a treasure. She is 100% terasure. One I will gladly go to war for. Mind you, 3 of her siblings(my in laws) are members of this forum, I known they are reading so needless trying to play hero here. Let's say it's my up bringing that shaped me this way.

I simply calls her "MY DESIRE"

7 Likes

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 12, 2017
Acidosis:

Who wash your dad's clothes?
the dry cleaners
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by Gloriagee(f): 9:15am On Apr 12, 2017
THIS
wink
richyblink1:

Providing for your family should not be an excuse to divert your family's attention to your goons. What's the whole essence of the struggle if not family?
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by richyblink1(m): 9:42am On Apr 12, 2017
zed7:

Didn't see this on time, wouldn't have bothered replying you. So you mean having time for your family and assisting the kids with home work as well as helping your spouse are all irrelevant to you?

I pity the woman you end up with. What a statement!!!

Mature man indeed

4 Likes

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by Acidosis(m): 9:43am On Apr 12, 2017
Joavid:

the dry cleaners

Okay.

Men and women may be equal, but how about the importance of unpaid work? If you avoid the important unpaid work, an outsider will do it, and cash away the family budget.

I think it is even easier to do laundry than cook 2 to 3 meals per day. It is even easier to do both than babysit for years.

Motherhood nor be joke o, better start equipping yourself.
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by bukatyne(f): 9:51am On Apr 12, 2017
Acidosis:
I'm very sure a girl somewhere once rejected you because you were a "good" guy.

Not all women appreciate your gesture bruv. Do you know some women consider it a crime for a man to sit at home and do chores while other men are out there hustling? Some women actually love it when hubby leaves home as early as 4am, and return home drunk at 11:30pm. The days he's not drunk, they want him to stay out till 11pm watching La Liga. That's "what makes a man a man", to some category of women.

Don't be surprised your friend's wife may never support your view.

I agree with you.

The more I grow, the less I am willing to interfere in marriage matters. Some women cannot respect husbands who help.... not wrong either.

Do what works for you

Acidosis:

smiley smileyI like it when you agree with me

grin grin

Making your day it would seem grin

@richyblink1,

Very good you know what tickles your desire and are willing to do it irrespective of whose ox is gored.

To a continuous joyous home.
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by bukatyne(f): 9:53am On Apr 12, 2017
Acidosis:

Okay.

Men and women may be equal, but how about the importance of unpaid work? If you avoid the important unpaid work, an outsider will do it, and cash away the family budget.

I think it is even easier to do laundry than cook 2 to 3 meals per day. It is even easier to do both than babysit for years.

Motherhood nor be joke o, better start equipping yourself.

Well money and time are two directly proportional resources...

When you save money, you spend time; when you save time, you spend money.

2 Likes

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by BasketballGURU(m): 10:11am On Apr 12, 2017
.. Decorous smiley
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by Mimzyy(f): 10:51am On Apr 12, 2017
Thank you.

hresso:

Nice dp.
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by Acidosis(m): 10:53am On Apr 12, 2017
bukatyne:

Well money and time are two directly proportional resources...
When you save money, you spend time; when you save time, you spend money.
That's right sha
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by Acidosis(m): 10:54am On Apr 12, 2017
bukatyne:

Making your day it would seem grin
grin grin
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by johnson232: 5:37pm On Apr 12, 2017
Mimzyy:
I'm so sorry, I couldn't help but quote the entire post. Men like you are very rare. You just earned my respect. Most men feel it's out of place or unmanly To Help their woman out once in a while. We are not robots too.

@bold....Of what use is your respect to him on a faceless forum? rubbish!!!!

Common to wash your clothes....women of this generation can't.. Lazy things....
If u are looking for a jobless man to wash your clothes go get a houseboy....guess your father was the one washing your mum's clothes....

3 Likes

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by johnson232: 5:43pm On Apr 12, 2017
aljharem:
Op you are a good man but trust me it is not in your place to wash your wife's clothes. From experience I would advice you don't do that again unless she is completely indispose for that period and not because of party. Everyone needs to understand their role and where they come in to help. If she is sick etc then help out.

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by johnson232: 5:47pm On Apr 12, 2017
Pidgin2:

@bold....once someone's opinion doesn't suit u...they suddenly become below 16? guess u are the only one above 75?

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by johnson232: 5:57pm On Apr 12, 2017
Tallesty1:
You don't have to waste time and energy arguing with that girl, she's yet to see the other side of life. It's possible that she washes and irons her boyfriend's clothes but she's here feeling like what she's not to make a useless point.

Ofcourse my laundry is my responsibility but I and my partner are one so my responsibilities are her responsibilities and her responsibilities with exception of child bearing are my responsibilities too.

I am personally not comfortable with sitting idly to wait for someone to cook and serve unless she's like my aunt who doesn't want any male in her kitchen.

@Op, I want to tell you something, there are good men and there are good women but the problem with our generation is that we apply what we read online to our offline life.

I know a friend who goes to her boyfriend's house every Saturday to cook different soups for him that will last him the whole week but she was among those disturbing us with wife not cook hashtag.

Likewise men, many of us do all many works that are considered to be female works but we will never admit it.

Thing is, do what works for your family and be proud of it, it's nobody's business.
Honestly this guy is always making sense....

The world needs more of your likes.....keep it up bro....

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by ade712: 7:21pm On Apr 12, 2017
aljharem:

Leave op my brother...

He is still a small boy. His philosophy will be reviewed in the face of adversity!!!

2 Likes

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by richyblink1(m): 7:59pm On Apr 12, 2017
ade712:

Leave op my brother...

He is still a small boy. His philosophy will be reviewed in the face of adversity!!!

Is it really difficult to make your point without insult? Simply air your view on how you would turn your wife to a slave just because she is a female(inferior to you).

Adult, what sense did you just make now?

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by Mimzyy(f): 8:26pm On Apr 12, 2017
"Many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they look for a place to dump it. And if you let them, they’ll dump it on you. So when someone wants to dump on you, don’t take it personally. Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Believe me. You’ll be happier."
David J. Pollay,

wink wink

johnson232:

@bold....Of what use is your respect to him on a faceless forum? rubbish!!!!

Common to wash your clothes....women of this generation can't.. Lazy things....
If u are looking for a jobless man to wash your clothes go get a houseboy....guess your father was the one washing your mum's clothes....

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by zed7: 10:14pm On Apr 12, 2017
richyblink1:

Didn't see this on time, wouldn't have bothered replying you. So you mean having time for your family and assisting the kids with home work as well as helping your spouse are all irrelevant to you?

I pity the woman you end up with. What a statement!!!

Mature man indeed

You are a dunce if you can't comprehend. Anyways, men who don't intend going far in life are the one's who spend time washing their wives panties.
Spend the time you spend sweeping and cleaning to hustle more. Then you'll be better equiped to hire a maid and a cook for your family.
Where the time wey i wan take dey wash my wife clothes when I'm always on the move thinking of how we can all have an early retirement, see when i replied you? 10.30pm. A holiday, massage in a spa, good education is more valuable to most women than a man sweeping the house and cooking and can't provide more than the basics. Wait till the day your wife will tell you that you're useless and compare you with men who are achieving. Otondo tongue

3 Likes

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by zed7: 10:18pm On Apr 12, 2017
aljharem:

He just got married and he's still enjoying his wife's milk. We were once in his shoes. When the bills start coming fast he'll understand it's not in his place to be washing plates and clothes. Till the day his wife will disrespect him. Women only appreciate at the moment. My guy will be a man someday and understand better.

2 Likes

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 12, 2017
OP, the only thing you did wrong is posting this on Nairaland. There are lots of sad males here, they don't like to hear that a man helps out in chores. To them, all a man needs to do, to be the HEAD of the house _ is have a dick and provide money.

They'll try to make you feel less for doing these things, please ignore them. They will tell you to go and make money, I doubt they are richer than Dangote. If they are so smart and rich, they would know different strokes for different folks. A traditional man, who believes all he has to do is provide dick and money, should marry a traditional woman. A man who doesn't believe in that ideology, should go for his kind!! I didn't even know that making money and doing house chores are mutually exclusive. Lots of women do these two things and more at the same time.

If helping out in the house,makes your wife lose respect for you,then you should be more concerned about the kind of woman you are married to... because if you lose that so called money tomorrow_you'll see hell.

One even said it's not in your place to wash your wife's cloth. A woman that puts her life on the line every time to have you guys lil ones? Sometimes with complications? Tears?
You go down on that vagina and bury your head there like your future is inside it, and it's not your place to wash her cloth? But it's in her own place to wash your clothes?

Some of you have made marriage seem like a battle field, where each party is always trying to exert some authority. Sweet Lord, I can't deal...

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by Sleekyshuga(f): 11:25pm On Apr 12, 2017
PaperLace:
OP, the only thing you did wrong is posting this on Nairaland. There are lots of sad males here, they don't like to hear that a man helps out in chores. To them, all a man needs to do, to be the HEAD of the house _ is have a dick and provide money.

If helping out in the house,makes your wife lose respect for you,then you should be more concerned about the kind of woman you are married to... because if you lose that so called money tomorrow_you'll see hell.

One even say it's not in your place to wash your wife's cloth. A woman that puts her life on the line every time to have you guys lil ones? Sometimes with complications? Tears?

Some of you have made marriage seem like a battle field, where each party is always trying to exert some authority. Sweet Lord, I can't deal...
The most annoying is after she finish multi tasking, they still expect her to come give it to them hot in bed as if she is a robot, and when she refuses, they exercise their manpower on her.. Ndi ala.. God will never lead me to such a selfish man sad.

I keep praying that my younger brother upholds the morals my mum taught him as she was never of the school of thought that different gender had a particular household chore to carry out. There were times I washed my dad's car, changed bulbs, generator plugs and oil, screw and unscrew nuts etc..

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

/ Is It Possible My Husband Is Sleeping With Our Neighbour? / Nigerian Mother Reacts After Seeing This Her Daugther's Latest Whatsapp Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.