Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

She Is Not Your Slave!!! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Is Not Your Slave!!! (6204 Views)

My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop / Your Wife Is Not Your Slave! / She Is Not Your Slave!!! Episode 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by flourishing247: 8:12am On Apr 13, 2017
aljharem:
Op you are a good man but trust me it is not in your place to wash your wife's clothes. From experience I would advice you don't do that again unless she is completely indispose for that period and not because of party. Everyone needs to understand their role and where they come in to help. If she is sick etc then help out.

Brother don't do something you would later regret

Again just an advice. God bless your union

In your small mind you made sense.. what a waste

7 Likes

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by richyblink1(m): 10:00am On Apr 13, 2017
zed7:

He just got married and he's still enjoying his wife's milk. We were once in his shoes. When the bills start coming fast he'll understand it's not in his place to be washing plates and clothes. Till the day his wife will disrespect him. Women only appreciate at the moment. My guy will be a man someday and understand better.

Like someone rightly said, "kids have overtaken the cyber space".

Don't know why we find it difficult airing our view without insults. Been trying to figure your level of maturity from your post.

4 Likes

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 13, 2017
PaperLace:

You go down on that vagina and bury your head there like your future is inside it

Chai, JISOS !!! EPP ME LAWD grin grin grin grin I can't deal
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 13, 2017
richyblink1:
Over the weekend I visited a friend and over heard him shouting on his wife why she served him a cold meal knowing he likes his meals hot. She calmly reminded him that he asked her to serve his food at the dinning as he is hungry and wouldn't want to wait when he gets home, only for him to return 30 minutes later.

I simply asked him if his hands will break if he should take the food to microwave to his taste. He kept mute as he noticed I wasn't comfortable with his tone while talking to his wife

My country men, if we learn to treat our spouse like humans equal to us, our homes will be filled with love and joy. The issue of adding extra money when they make list for you will stop, unnecessary quarrels will be avoided while peace will reign.

Your wife is not your slave or inferior, but your betterhalf and help mate. Treat her with love and respect. Learn to assist her in the kitchen, with chores and with the kids.

2 weeks ago I heard my betterhalf telling her colleague that she wont be able to attend their colleagues wedding as she have some of her peronal clothes to wash after returning from the market since she prefers washing her church wears herself. I kept mute and pretended not to know what they were talking about. When she left for market, I simply took the clothes behind the house and wash them all. When she came back she had to rush to were I was with my friends to hug and kiss me saying thank you for assisting her. I was just smiling like a newly married bride that missed her period with all joy.
Immidiately she left, one of my friends said,"bros, I think say na only me they help my wife wash sometimes"

The essence of these scenario is tell us (men) that our wife's are meant to be appreciated and treated like Golds. Please ensure you make your wife feel like the best and most luckiest woman to have you.

Awwww hehehehe
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 13, 2017
Sleekyshuga:

The most annoying is after she finish multi tasking, they still expect her to come give it to them hot in bed as if she is a robot, and when she refuses, they exercise their manpower on her.. Ndi ala.. God will never give me such a selfish man sad.

I keep praying that my younger brother upholds the morals my mum taught him as she was never of the school of thought that different gender had a particular household chore to carry out. There were times I washed my dad's car, changed bulbs, generator plugs etc..
Even robots are serviced nne. How much more a human being, the so called "weaker vessel" _yet na she dey stressed pass

It's okay if it works for them and their wives,but they shouldn't try to put the OP down for running his own home the way he deems fit. I follow you pray for your brother o, may all our trainings/prayers not be in vain and may God pursue endtime horseband from your path. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 13, 2017
richyblink1 you are such a sweet man and your wife should be happy to have you as her husband. I love how you know the importance of family and what keeps them together. Your girls are going to remember you as a loving dad. Never let any responsibility you have create a space between you and them. Always find time for them because those are the moments they will remember and cherish in the future.

You remind me of my dad lol. We still dance and 'play' together looool cheesy

2 Likes

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by richyblink1(m): 12:06pm On Apr 13, 2017
lovelygurl:
richyblink1 you are such a sweet man and your wife should be happy to have you as her husband. I love how you know the importance of family and what keeps them together. Your girls are going to remember you as a loving dad. Never let any responsibility you have create a space between you and them. Always find time for them because those are the moments they will remember and cherish in the future.

You remind me of my dad lol. We still dance and 'play' together looool cheesy

My dear, imagine the comments. These days most men think providing for the family is all it takes to keep the family together. Family is bigger than paying bills and forming boss man while they serve you food at the table. It takes 2(husband and wife) to build and run the home. What's the essence of getting married if there will be no bonding and family time.

Most of these men saying rubbish are the ones you see leaving their family at home to go hang out with other women. I can't imagine why a married man will chose his friends above his wife and kids.

Uwa nmebi!!!

3 Likes

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by Frolic: 12:46pm On Apr 13, 2017
PaperLace:
OP, the only thing you did wrong is posting this on Nairaland. There are lots of sad males here, they don't like to hear that a man helps out in chores. To them, all a man needs to do, to be the HEAD of the house _ is have a dick and provide money.

They'll try to make you feel less for doing these things, please ignore them. They will tell you to go and make money, I doubt they are richer than Dangote. If they are so smart and rich, they would know different strokes for different folks. A traditional man, who believes all he has to do is provide dick and money, should marry a traditional woman. A man who doesn't believe in that ideology, should go for his kind!! I didn't even know that making money and doing house chores are mutually exclusive. Lots of women do these two things and more at the same time.

If helping out in the house,makes your wife lose respect for you,then you should be more concerned about the kind of woman you are married to... because if you lose that so called money tomorrow_you'll see hell.

One even said it's not in your place to wash your wife's cloth. A woman that puts her life on the line every time to have you guys lil ones? Sometimes with complications? Tears?
You go down on that vagina and bury your head there like your future is inside it, and it's not your place to wash her cloth? But it's in her own place to wash your clothes?

Some of you have made marriage seem like a battle field, where each party is always trying to exert some authority. Sweet Lord, I can't deal...
sweet Jesus, not all men have time for all these house chores booshit and all. If you dont know , one of the major reasons some men esp those with time consuming jobs go into marriage is to get emselves relieved of stupid must do chores like washing scrubbing and cooking to pave more time for work and get other essentialities go on their kneel. Now pls, stop all these stuff and nonsense as if domestic work reach pushing kaya for Oshodi .PFFT it even helps person like me unnerve!

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by Doctorfitz: 2:56pm On Apr 13, 2017
johnson232:

@bold....Of what use is your respect to him on a faceless forum? rubbish!!!!

Common to wash your clothes....women of this generation can't.. Lazy things....
If u are looking for a jobless man to wash your clothes go get a houseboy....guess your father was the one washing your mum's clothes....

Lols. E b lyk u new to nairaland... Don't take some statements here too serious.

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by johnson232: 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2017
Doctorfitz:

Lols. E b lyk u new to nairaland... Don't take some statements here too serious.
Lolzzz...nothing serous bro...
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by johnson232: 4:48pm On Apr 13, 2017
richyblink1:

My dear, imagine the comments. These days most men think providing for the family is all it takes to keep the family together. Family is bigger than paying bills and forming boss man while they serve you food at the table. It takes 2(husband and wife) to build and run the home. What's the essence of getting married if there will be no bonding and family time.

Most of these men saying rubbish are the ones you see leaving their family at home to go hang out with other women. I can't imagine why a married man will chose his friends above his wife and kids.

Uwa nmebi!!!
Bros abeg wetin men do u?

Is it a crime for a woman i married to serve me food at the table?
U think if a man can't provide for his family which is the primary responsibility of a man, washing the wife clothes is enough to bond a family?

Seems u' got personal issue with men...providing for one's family is paramount as a man, thereafter all other things can follow. I have seen families whereby the man comes home every weekend due to his job & they are living hapily... Washing a woman's clothes or assisting her in doing chores can never equate the primary responsibility of providing for the family. u can get a househelp to do all these washings & chores, but u can never get anyone to provide for your family. Even the bible laid emphasis on how important it is for a man to provide for his family.

This thread is msleading....

2 Likes

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by richyblink1(m): 5:59pm On Apr 13, 2017
johnson232:

Bros abeg wetin men do u?

Is it a crime for a woman i married to serve me food at the table?
U think if a man can't provide for his family which is the primary responsibility of a man, washing the wife clothes is enough to bond a family?

Seems u' got personal issue with men...providing for one's family is paramount as a man, thereafter all other things can follow. I have seen families whereby the man comes home every weekend due to his job & they are living hapily... Washing a woman's clothes or assisting her in doing chores can never equate the primary responsibility of providing for the family. u can get a househelp to do all these washings & chores, but u can never get anyone to provide for your family. Even the bible laid emphasis on how important it is for a man to provide for his family.

This thread is msleading....

Lols! I feel you bro. I have no personal beef with men per say, only trying to encourage us(men) to assist our betterhalf's. If you notice I was quoting a certain guy that forgot this is a public forum and has been using funny words even when my post was not directed to him.

Peace bro!!

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by farydah: 9:27pm On Apr 13, 2017
richyblink1:

Brotherly, when it's Saturday morning, it's family chores first. Then I can go hang out with the boys much later after assisting my senorita with vital chores.

For the records, i leave home 6:20am every morning and returns by 7pm from Monday to Friday. And once I am home I immidiately start my nanny job (carrying, singing and playing with my girls as we have 5 months old twin girls) till the sleep let's say by 10pm or so depending, knowing fully well that my betterhalf will take over if they wake at midnight/early morning. While I equally sing and play with them Saturdays and Sundays to allow their mother rest.

Trust me, there is no better joy than singing and dancing for my girls daily. In fact I do James bond on wheels daily just to get home on time to play with them before they go to bed. Mind you, I equally wake between 2am and 3am to check on my squard(betterhalf and the twin) incase they are awake or need my assistance.
are u for real?! u sound like a dream. lol. ur wife is just too lucky. God bless your good heart.
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by richyblink1(m): 9:39pm On Apr 13, 2017
farydah:
are u for real?! u sound like a dream. lol. ur wife is just too lucky. God bless your good heart.

I am for real. Just drove in now to realise they have gone to bed as I was held in traffic due to the heavy down pour this evening, and i feel incomplete as i did not fulfil a particular aspect of my routine.
I don't know why people see it as big deal to see a man that believes in family first. I will gladly chose staying with my family over friends and goons.

What else do I need when I have her loyalty, love, care, attention, support and prayers that moves mountain?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by farydah: 9:57pm On Apr 13, 2017
richyblink1:

I am for real. Just drove in now to realise they have gone to bed as I was held in traffic due to the heavy down pour this evening, and i feel incomplete as i did not fulfil a particular aspect of my routine.
I don't know why people see it as big deal to see a man that believes in family first. I will gladly chose staying with my family over friends and goons.

What else do I need when I have her loyalty, love, care, attention, support and prayers that moves mountain?
hmmmmnnn God bless u sir. I pray my sons grow up to be responsible too (their father tries tho ooo)

2 Likes

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by richyblink1(m): 10:03pm On Apr 13, 2017
farydah:
hmmmmnnn God bless u sir. I pray my sons grow up to be responsible too (their father tries tho ooo)

Amen!!! Bless you too
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by mypains: 9:01am On Apr 14, 2017
Acidosis:
I'm very sure a girl somewhere once rejected you because you were a "good" guy.

Not all women appreciate your gesture bruv. Do you know some women consider it a crime for a man to sit at home and do chores while other men are out there hustling? Some women actually love it when hubby leaves home as early as 4am, and return home drunk at 11:30pm. The days he's not drunk, they want him to stay out till 11pm watching La Liga. That's "what makes a man a man", to some category of women.

Don't be surprised your friend's wife may never support your view.

I am a victim of what you just mentioned and so are many many many guys out there.

Because of this, I find myself battling between hiding the "nice" guy, forming tough, arrogant and bossy or completely stay away from ladies...

Living in a world where you are not appreciated for "being nice" makes you wonder if you have some genetic anomalies in same world where the contrary is highly hyped.

3 Likes

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by mypains: 9:05am On Apr 14, 2017
Mimzyy:
I'm so sorry, I couldn't help but quote the entire post. Men like you are very rare. You just earned my respect. Most men feel it's out of place or unmanly To Help their woman out once in a while. We are not robots too.

lol. See them speaking. After terming most "weakling","sissy", "not man enough"

Women? Women? I only hope I don't end up not getting married.
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by mypains: 9:07am On Apr 14, 2017
kaboninc:

Mimzzzzz

I've got my eyes on you... . wink wink
yimu
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by kaboninc(m): 9:46am On Apr 14, 2017
mypains:
yimu

See wahala ohhh..

Are you Mimzz?
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by kaboninc(m): 9:47am On Apr 14, 2017
richyblink1:

I hope you do have a son.....

Please train him to be like you

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by richyblink1(m): 9:57am On Apr 14, 2017
kaboninc:

I hope you do have a son.....

Please train him to be like you

Will sure do. Learnt from my Dad, so he will do same

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by Mimzyy(f): 10:40am On Apr 14, 2017
kaboninc:

See wahala ohhh..

Are you Mimzz?

Haters grin
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by kaboninc(m): 11:20am On Apr 14, 2017
Mimzyy:

Haters grin

Don't mind them joor...

Howayu
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 14, 2017
Acidosis:
I'm very sure a girl somewhere once rejected you because you were a "good" guy.

Not all women appreciate your gesture bruv. Do you know some women consider it a crime for a man to sit at home and do chores while other men are out there hustling? Some women actually love it when hubby leaves home as early as 4am, and return home drunk at 11:30pm. The days he's not drunk, they want him to stay out till 11pm watching La Liga. That's "what makes a man a man", to some category of women.

Don't be surprised your friend's wife may never support your view.

Well not all women like dictator and bullish kind of men.
For me, with all the bad guys coming my way to woo me and those once that feel they are lord and master.. I quickly sidelined them and jejely chose a humble young handsome calm gentle man who knows what humanity is all about and who knows how to treat a woman right.
All my friends were like Alexis, this guy is too soft and good at heart.. He's not an Alpha male, do u think that's what u really want? Do u think u can respect him as the man ? U need a tough man that will be able to tell u seat down there and I will Seat, not this one that's soft spoken and assisting u in almost everything at home.
I laughed and I shook my head.. I said that Alpha male u are talking about? Will not work for me..
A man can't shout at me to seat down there, and me will seat?
What does he take me for? His slave?
Abbeggi, if he can't behave like a well cultured man and talk to me with love and respect, then it's a pity. Both of us will break our heads in that house.. Even me, I can't date such men how much more marry.
My fiance calm voice makes me calm. And I don't take advantage of it.. In fact I respect him more.

So op, u are the original copy of a good husband material. Abeg keep it up.
God will always bless your home with peace, joy and prosperity. Your wife will not fail u, neither will u fail her. You are blessed!
God bless your home.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by quivah(f): 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2017
kaboninc:

Mimzzzzz

I've got my eyes on you... . wink wink
undecided cry
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by quivah(f): 6:31pm On Apr 15, 2017
I don't understand why guys are fuming over this laundry issue.
I share the same thoughts with joavid on this matter,, I can try with washing machine no wahala.
but hand wash, HELL NO!

this is part of our courtship talks o.

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by taphealth24: 6:50pm On Apr 15, 2017
Chlamydia Gonorrhea Hepatitis B Herpes HPV Syphilis Prevention
Overview
Many men are quick to assume that if they had a sexually transmitted disease (STD), they would know it. While most STDs do cause symptoms, many are easily mistaken for other conditions. In some cases there are no symptoms at all.continue reading>>>>https://taphealth24.com/2017/04/11/signs-and-symptoms-of-common-stds-in-men/

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by breadtom: 7:36pm On Apr 15, 2017
Wish am ur husband and I saw this. U would be telling ur mum to expect u back home.aint got no time for rubbish and stubborn wife like ur type. Jst tank ur star am nt ur hubby!
Joavid:
eeerm, ok. This laundry part is what I really don't understand.

Let's assume there's no washing machine.
why should I wash my hubby's clothes? Did I wear it with him?
Is he handicapped?

I'm not his maid, I'm not his mum.

I ain't washing no man's clothes!

1 Like

Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by richyblink1(m): 8:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
quivah:
I share the same thoughts with joavid on this matter,, I can try with washing machine no wahala.
but hand wash, HELL NO!

Think you are equally getting it wrong, read my post throughly, you will understand I wasn't talking about my betterhalf doing my laundry, the clothes mentioned were her's which I didn't see any big deal in helping her out with. Or are saying you won't/can't help your hubby with laundry even when he does same for you?
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by kaboninc(m): 9:02pm On Apr 15, 2017
quivah:
I share the same thoughts with joavid on this matter ,, I can try with washing machine no wahala.
but hand wash, HELL NO!

shocked shocked shocked

I just weak
Re: She Is Not Your Slave!!! by kaboninc(m): 9:05pm On Apr 15, 2017
quivah:

undecided cry

Oh my baby.. . kiss kiss kiss kiss

You know it's just you and you first.. . kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

/ Is It Possible My Husband Is Sleeping With Our Neighbour? / Nigerian Mother Reacts After Seeing This Her Daugther's Latest Whatsapp Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.