Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing (3488 Views)

We Missed You,olabowale,abu Zola,lagosboy,uplawal And The Rest / Olabowale & Abuzola: What Shall This Muslim Do B4 Allah Answers His Prayer? / Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by namfav(m): 8:11pm On Jan 29, 2011
uplawal:

You dnt beg people for salvation,Islam dnt teach you people to beg people for salvation of thier own soul,If hymen accept Islam is for her own good,and if she does not,its should not bother you,you can only teach,invite the best manner.

some hypocrite here thinking some muslims have bad manners etc stated above and writing indirectly are nothing but ignorantly foolish.can anyone of those upthere sincerely from their heart say what i wrote is abusive?its just what hymen deserves i gave her,if she wants to study Islam,fine,no one is opposing her/or standing as a stumbling block,but when she start liking the religion and hating,badmouthing it,and disguising as if she wants the religion,what do you expect?you expect me to like such a person,or welcome such act,go to threads where the same girl went haywire tarnishing the image of Islam,maybe then your soft weak hearts will become hardened,would any good muslim not hypocrite alike though like such,or what did the hadith teach you about people badmouthing the religion and the Prophet,since shes not a child but a full grown adult,all you could do is to lick her shoes all in the name of calling her to Islam,and compromising the same religion.

As its a sin to stand against who wants to accept Islam but at same time not when the person is indirectly fooling you people,and shes tarnisghing the image of the religion,mockery of it.

im not taking a swipe at you, nor was i refering to you, i've had my own run ins thats because im not perfect nor tell anyone perfect, again i was not refering to you, please accept that and don't call me names, im telling her to follow her heart, im not sending her an invitiation, ok
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 29, 2011
Pls not you brother,take care,asalamu aleikum.
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by namfav(m): 8:40pm On Jan 29, 2011
uplawal:

Pls not you brother,take care,asalamu aleikum.

wa'aleikoum salam, take care as well sis inchallah
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by babs787(m): 10:46am On Jan 30, 2011
You dnt beg people for salvation,Islam dnt teach you people to beg people for salvation of thier own soul,If hymen accept Islam is for her own good,and if she does not,its should not bother you,you can only teach,invite the best  manner.

I remembered when some people threatened the prophet (saw) just because they accepted Islam, that they would go back to their ways and Allah revealed a verses that some people think that they are doing you (O muhammed saw) a favour by accepting Islam, tell them that they should rather thank Allah for showing them the way. Anybody that accepts Islam does so for his/her own soul while anybody that refuses does so at his/her own peril.

Allah also says invite people to the way of the Lord with beautiful preaching and nice words but we can not force a horse to drink from a river but we could only take the horse there.

What am I saying?[/b]

It us our sole responsibility to invite people to Islam and if need be, beg them because Hell is real and the fire is hotter, fiercer than any earthly fire. It should bother us if someone does not accept Islam because we are from the same father and mother despite our ethnicity,tribe, colour, race etc. We are all shepherds and would be accountable for how we are able to lead our flock. Also there is one hadith

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, "If anyone calls others to follow right guidance, his reward will be equivalent to those who follow him (in righteousness) without their reward being diminished in any respect, and if anyone invites others to follow error, the sin, w, ill be equivalent to that of the people who follow him (in sinfulness) without their sins being diminished in any respect".[b]

I always feel sorry for non muslims because of the punishment waiting for them and the painful part is when Allah said all their efforts would be in vain. You could imagine when money, energy,waking up early morning, evangelising etc for years is being spent on the wrong path and to them, each follower would be thinking that he/she is following the right path. All efforts would be in vain when there is no belief as small as a MUSTARD SEED.

In a nutshell, if begging them would make them see reasons, I would implore us to beg them and we should know that there is even a reward for doing that. Even if we are not considering the reward, we should consider them as our brothers and sisters because the truth of it is that, it is only few families that do not have mixture (muslims and non muslims as family members) and if we do not have them as family members, we may have them as friends, office colleague, business partner etc.

Abdullah Bin Mas`ud  (radhiallahu anhu)  narrated that Allah’s  Messenger (Sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)  said, “A man shall be asked concerning five things on the day of resurrection: concerning his life, how he spent it; concerning his youth, how he grew old;  concerning his wealth, whence he acquired it, and in what way he spent it; and what was it that he did with the knowledge that he had.”    (Tirmidhi  5197)

some hypocrite here thinking some muslims have bad manners  etc stated above and writing indirectly are nothing but ignorantly foolish.can anyone of those upthere sincerely from their heart say what i wrote is abusive?its just what hymen deserves i gave her,if she wants to study Islam,fine,no one is opposing her/or standing as a stumbling block,but when she start liking the religion and hating,badmouthing it,and disguising as if she wants the religion,what  do you expect?you expect me to like such a person,or welcome such act,go to threads where the same girl went haywire tarnishing the image of Islam,maybe then your soft weak hearts will become hardened,would any good muslim not hypocrite alike though like such,or what did the hadith teach you about people badmouthing the religion and the Prophet,since shes not a child but a full grown adult,all you could do is to lick her shoes all in the name of calling her to Islam,and compromising the same religion.

As its a sin to stand against who wants to accept Islam but at same time not when the person is indirectly fooling you people,and shes tarnisghing the image of the religion,mockery of it.

You do not pay evil with evil. There is this story but I could not remember vividly where a certain woman always stone the prophet whenever he passes in front of her house. One day the prophet passed but noticed that she did not see this woman and it happened like that for three days. The prophet did not from the beginning prayed for the woman to die or attacked the woman thinking that she is attacking a prophet of Islam but he rather enquired about the woman and was told that the woman was ill. The woman was surprised when she saw him because she never believer that he would come despite all she did to him. As a result of this, the woman accepted Islam.  We should not abuse or insult someone just because he/she did same. If someone is doing evil or saying bad things about you or something and you maintain your stand, the individual may as a result of this, accept your religion. The holy prophet encountered lots in his quest for making Islam what it is today and he never insulted back nor fought back except those that fought him, pursued him from his home.

There was a time when the prophet lost his teeth while preaching the oneness of Allah and he never  incur Allah's wrath on them nor fought back.

We should all know that people would want to test our level of perseverance,tolerance and it is only when we can hold on to that that people would see us Muslims as tolerant and believe that Islam is a religion of peace, teaching good and avoiding evil.

In doing Dawah, lots of sacrifice would be made to drive home your point.

In her own case (Hymen), for the fact that she might have abused muslims in another thread does not give us room to fight,insult or abuse her when she looks interested in the religion and the post above is not motivating at all and may make someone that wants to revert change his/her mind after reading through the above post.

There are lots of instances where you do not retaliate during Dawah because the person that is interested in your religion would be looking at you as a Muslim, the way you talk, manner of approach etc and mind you, you do not expect an individual interested in Islam to just accept everything like that. She could say whatever she feel about Islam, muslims and that is where you as a muslim would need to come in and with Allah she may declare Shahadah other things follow after citations.

It is just like servicing a customer in which if you service one perfectly, he/she would tell like five (5) people but if you annoyed a customer, he/she would tell like twenty (20) and the twenty customers would spread it like wildfire. Only few people believe that not all Muslims are bad. Some believe that all muslims are bad just because a muslim did a bad thing to them and it is now left for us to contain insults and explain why some things are like that. Lastly, we are to fight those that fight us but it is better to hold one's peace and not retaliate if need be and holding oneself from retaliation has the greatest reward.

I rest my case. Allah knows best.
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 30, 2011
@Babs787,Pls can you show me any verse where Allah encouraged us to beg non muslims to accepting his Religion,pls i need the verse now.
Islam is not by only what youre thinking,ogbon ori(common sense)alone,you should present facts from the Quran ok,i cannot trust the hadith 100% cos its the same hadiths some muslims use to carry out punishments on people who spoke ill of the prophet and Allah's religion,Are you now telling me they dnt know ahadiths much as you know,pls common.what about muslims that came about the those that made cartoons of the prophet,those that insulted Allah's religion,Geert Wilder for example and numerous ones,or you wanna tell me the stone thrown by the woman is not more than mere speech and drawings done by this non muslims,and yet they humbly in large numbers required for thier heads to be beheaded,all because they love the prophet die and they can kill any transgressors as a result of thier passion for the prophet.

As a matter of fact,in as much as i would love people from nairaland to accept Islam,even my  family members to do the same as well,we still cannot force them,and we cannot beg them or feel sorrowful about their state,it is Allah that guide people,He said the prophet should not beg,feel sorrowful,he should only preach with the best manner,and He who wants to be guided, Allah will guide the person,we cant persuade people to Islam all because of feeling pityful of them,its not inthe Quran to do so,if people are begged to ISlam they will never cherish it,the feeling and geniuty has to come from withing them,or else they will not cherish it,compare to someone that hears the religion,and out of fear of his Lord and love, the person accepted Him in full acceptance,Allah is not play play thing,that someone will be joking with all in the name of  accepting his religion, Allah can show you his signs,keeps showing you his sign,and is left to the person to either accept it or discard it,even the acceptance into Allah's religion dnt cost much ado if Allah guide the person,anyone found still perambulating and thinking its the best thing to do even after seeing much verse is only risking his or her own soul,if you preach hellfire from today till december,if hymen will not accept it,what would you say about davidlyan,osisi,olaadegbu,etc that are so much aware of all the verses,did they accept Islam uopn our effort,no,its only Allah that can help them not we to beg and beg because they are dear to us,its just like begging someone to live in the Royal palace of King of Saudi or England,or having the best career witht much stress,to them its not genui and not an hot cake,but to who fears for his or her own soul wont take much stress and it will be hottest cake for them.

Also,i want you to know that we are all human,and no one is perfect,ok,if i have to revenge what anyone did to me its no sin in Islam ok,even if to forgive his best,and that does not make me less a good practicing muslim,and theres no where Allah says theres a reward for begging people to accept Islam,neither does he encourage it,nor the prophet,so all your "If need be" cannot work,its only sentiment you putting in it,which does not work except if Allah wills it,e.g,the Prophet and his dear uncle,upon his sentiments,did it work?we are only to preach to them in the best way,and warn and not to beg because hellfire is scary.

Moreover,all what you posted contradict the same hadiths here,they contradicts eachother,take a look from the below examples.

The blindman. killed his wife all because she mocked the prophet,then she was even pregnant you know,imagine,killing the pregnant woman,is that Islam,and this could all be regaded as a love for the prophet.Volume 38,number 4348.still coming
Re: Sir Olabowale, Lagosboy, Jarus, Muhsin And Co Be My Mentor, What Am I Missing by hymen(f): 7:14pm On Jan 30, 2011
I'm sorry ,I don't need to be 'begged' to become a muslims and I apologise if I gave the impression I needed it.

I have many muslim friends & read the Koran regularly,but have my reservations on some aspects of Islam,which is why I frequent this section.

This is an open forum ,where people should be free to share their opinion & seek clarification where required.

We shouldn't take things too personal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Challenges Facing Igbo Muslims - Sheikh Uthman Anaga (igbo Muslim) / Strength During Times Of Hardship / Since Muhammad Was A Warner And A Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.