Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:48 AM

7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar (48518 Views)

'Taking Too Much Sugar Or Sugary Drinks Does Not Cause Diabetes' - Doctor Says / 7 Signs That Shows You Don't Drink Enough Water / 7 Signs You Are Unhealthy But You Probably Ignore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 13, 2017
Idydarling:
I hate sugar! I prefer honey to it
Hot u mean? angry
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Riversides2003(m): 7:08am On Apr 13, 2017
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by friimarket01: 7:08am On Apr 13, 2017
i know that sugar can kill but why is it that people still use it
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Caseless: 7:10am On Apr 13, 2017
kingphilip:
Are you trying to help us or compound our problems

Those big terms for there who you leave am for to understand
lazy, no big term there.
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Idydarling(f): 7:11am On Apr 13, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:

guess you don't even know what is referred to as sugar

it's beyond those St. Louis cubes and dangote granulated
may be u could enlighten me more
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by CircleOfWilis: 7:11am On Apr 13, 2017
overhypedsteve:
sugar can lead to diabetes, diabetes can lead to die, die can lead to

judgement, judgement can lead hell/heaven, heaven/hell can lead eternal life
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Li2Finger: 7:13am On Apr 13, 2017
This is incitive
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by mccoy47(m): 7:13am On Apr 13, 2017
Wen u cum after 2mins of fucking! Then u have a sugar problem!

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by iLiquidator: 7:16am On Apr 13, 2017
Too much grammar
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 13, 2017
...you start to taste sweet when your gf tastes you...

She starts to bite your lips = another sign!

My ex gf was so sweet she gave me tooth decay

shocked shocked shocked
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by FavoredGuy: 7:18am On Apr 13, 2017
Nawa oo!
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Brethren0001(m): 7:21am On Apr 13, 2017
Very funny
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Stanbeto: 7:26am On Apr 13, 2017
Go ahead Bro
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Onyeoguego: 7:27am On Apr 13, 2017
Even with all d sugar I consumer,I still sex like dog.

#if I enter na beg u go beg me b4 I comot m.
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by AlexCk: 7:28am On Apr 13, 2017
adorablepepple:
undecided sugar is even too expensive to be taking lot of it

Not necessarily 'sugar ' ma'am,

I think op is emphasizing more about carbohydrates, or foods with high sugar contents

But the funny thing be say, most of what we eat na carbohydrates na, or 'sugar' e.g rice, eba, semo, yam, potatoes, etc

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by sparko1(m): 7:32am On Apr 13, 2017
Please! Anybody with ideas on how to reduce sugar level? I suppose the Op should help us with that, stating the problem is not enough.
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by akaahs(m): 7:37am On Apr 13, 2017
Raypawer:
Nice.. good info.. i prefer honey
not only d white substance u know that is sugar only, most carbohydrates u take contain sugar too.
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 13, 2017
Funny when people say they will reduce their sugar intake, while they feed more on carbohydrate ( Starchy food). Because that's what most can afford.

Nigerians love starchy and fatty foods...recession or no recession. Even at that, they don't like to do regular exercise. That's why we have high number of men and women with protuberant belly in circulation.

Jenticles...What do you reckon?

If you don't have food to eat this easter break...send me a message.
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 13, 2017
Idydarling:
may be u could enlighten me more

well sweetheart it has to do with carbohydrates

and it's divided into monosaccharides disaccharides and polysaccharides. they are have their basic components.... glucose fructose maltose etc
many of which can be obtained in our foods and fruit

so its not just about 'sugar' alone.

hope I was a bit helpful? left chemistry a long time ago
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by MrBONE2(m): 7:52am On Apr 13, 2017
dammy13:
Too much sugar in the body can result in damaging consequences. How much sugar is too much for your body? Jumia Travel shares 7 ways your body might be telling you your sugar intake is becoming excessive.

1. Higher Incidence of Acne on Your Skin
Eating too much sugar tends to wreak havoc on your skin. There is a relationship between a high-sugar diet and severe acne and a high sugar intake tends to result in severe acne issues.

2. Experiencing Energy Slumps
Especially after eating sugary foods lacking in satiating proteins, fiber and fat, you are likely to develop a pounding headache or feel extremely lethargic. This is because a high sugar diet, rather than a balanced nutritious diet, makes your blood sugar level unstable, with you constantly switching from ‘sugary high’ to ‘lethargic low’. You end up feeling very weak and sluggish throughout the day.

3. Cavities
Cavities are more often than not, a glaring sign of a sweet tooth. Cavities are painful and more importantly avoidable, and the key to avoiding them is to brush your teeth well after meals and eat foods that will keep your teeth healthy.

4. High Blood Pressure
One of the factors that contribute to a diagnosis of high blood pressure is a high-sugar diet. A high-sugar diet can push your blood pressure off the normal threshold. Limiting sugar intake is just as important as reducing your sodium consumption when it comes to a healthy blood pressure.

5. Exercising is Getting Extremely Hard for You
Whether fat, chubby or even thin, if exercise seems to be getting harder and harder for you to do, a high-sugar diet might be to blame. If you have a high blood sugar level and engage in activities that involve intense effort or physical extension, you’ll likely end up feeling very fatigued and quite miserable. You also tend to get exhausted very easily and quickly while exercising.

6. Weight Gain
Weight gain can be caused by a number of different factors and one of those factors is a high sugar diet. This is because a high sugar diet does not make you feel full (which makes you eat more) and does not compensate for total energy, that is, they do not displace other foods, so they add to your total calorie intake. A high sugar diet also tends to make exercise or physical activity hard, so it’s unlikely you’ll be able to burn off the excess calories through that route.

7. Nothing Tastes As Sweet As It Used To
Eating too much sugar basically bombards your taste buds and eventually this excessive sugar intake causes your taste bud sugar tolerance to build up and increase, as a result you need more and more sugar to satisfy your sweet craving. This is bad and you should at this point cut back (regardless of how tough it might be at first), so that you can lower your tolerance and once again be content and satisfied with minimal sugar.

http://fabinfos.com/7-signs-youre-consuming-much-sugar/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique
PLS what about BLACKSTRAP MOLLASESS. Is it better than sugar.
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Macchiavelli(m): 8:04am On Apr 13, 2017
those that are saying honey, original honey is scarce, fake full errywhere. even if u see original, e cost wella.
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by olasaad(f): 8:25am On Apr 13, 2017
sparko1:
Please! Anybody with ideas on how to reduce sugar level? I suppose the Op should help us with that, stating the problem is not enough.

Op. is not talking about white sugar and other sugary stuffs but too much of carbohydrates we consumed here.

So try and reduce your carbohydrates intake by eating more of proteinious food. Also food like yam should be supplements with sweet potato, and add alot of vegetables if you want to eat carbohydrates food. Also water, fruits and exercise should be added.

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Mithrandir808(m): 8:26am On Apr 13, 2017
poshtimms20:
back pain is already killing me softly.... am tired of C6H12O6
.... any recommended solution asap
[sub][/sub]

Mix Gangaria Wit Alomo Evri 9t B4 U Sleep, U See Changes After 2-3 Days
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Quinn22(f): 8:32am On Apr 13, 2017
It's the same thing undecided
Be deceiving yourself undecided
Idydarling:
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by timilehin95(m): 8:38am On Apr 13, 2017
HRich:
Please can name me any of Dangote foods and other foods that doesnt Contain Sugar?

Only God can save not even your being Careful, if your village witch remember you, i'm sure you will blame it on Sugar intake..
Dangote cement doesn't contain sugar
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 13, 2017
Idydarling:

giving up sugar ,,, sumtin jus as to b in my tea ,, cereal/custard . ..wuld yu b my honey !!!
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by timilehin95(m): 8:45am On Apr 13, 2017
overhypedsteve:
sugar can lead to diabetes, diabetes can lead to die, die can lead to

Dat is suicide nd when u die u go to hell
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Juliearth(f): 8:56am On Apr 13, 2017
Nice write up! From the comments above,some are mistaking the "sugar" in question to be the normal sweetener,but it goes beyond that to include all forms of carbohydrates/starch...
Re: 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar by Idydarling(f): 9:50am On Apr 13, 2017
Quinn22:
It's the same thing undecided Be deceiving yourself undecided
I see

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Recent Pictures Of The Nairalander That Got Burnt While Using A Pressure Cooker / Richard Quest Tests Positive To COVID-19 / 15-Year-Old Indian Injected Her Boyfriend's HIV Positive Blood To Prove Her Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.