Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? (18646 Views)

Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? / Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. / Judas Iscariot Now Trending On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by talk2bity: 6:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
No
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by ziga: 6:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
judedwriter:

God knows everything from the end to the beginning. For example, Enoch prophesied the coming of Jesus even before the birth of Noah! God knew that Judas would intentionally betray Jesus from the beginning.

Jesus actually gave Judas a chance to repent, when He told His disciples that one of them would betray Him. But he didn't. Even after betraying Jesus, Judas didn't seek for mercy-he hanged himself!

If God already knew that Judas would intentionally betray Jesus, what was the point of Jesus giving Judas the chance to repent.

Judas never really had a chance it seems.

And If Jesus died for our sins, we should be grateful to Judas for doing what all the other 11 disciples couldn't do... for the salvation of mankind.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Nwachukwu1986(m): 6:50pm On Apr 14, 2017
judedwriter:

God knows everything from the end to the beginning. For example, Enoch prophesied the coming of Jesus even before the birth of Noah! God knew that Judas would intentionally betray Jesus from the beginning.

Jesus actually gave Judas a chance to repent, when He told His disciples that one of them would betray Him. But he didn't. Even after betraying Jesus, Judas didn't seek for mercy-he hanged himself!

U just said what our priest said in his homily. Had Judas seemed forgiveness he would have BN forgiven
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Horlufemi(m): 6:52pm On Apr 14, 2017
adepeter26:
Colored text hat me cracking cheesy
Soon ya mind, the imaginary jesus has saved this world? Rotflmao
so Jesus isn't real?
I can prove it using statistics.
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 14, 2017
Does fulfilling a prophecy absolve you of its repercussions? Just asking...very good carry on
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 14, 2017
Horlufemi:

so Jesus isn't real?

I can prove it using statistics.
OK, am reading. Go on pls
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by bezimo(m): 6:55pm On Apr 14, 2017
adepeter26:

Colored text hat me cracking cheesy

Soon ya mind, the imaginary jesus has saved this world? Rotflmao

Whether you believe it or not is irrelevant but that's the Absolute TRUTH.The price for the redemption of the world has been paid by the death and ressurection of Jesus Christ.
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 14, 2017
bezimo:

Whether you believe it or not is irrelevant but that's the Absolute TRUTH.The price for the redemption of the world has been paid by the death and ressurection of Jesus Christ.
Next person pls. This one got nothing meaningful
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by shehuolayinka(m): 6:57pm On Apr 14, 2017
Christianity and faux stories. Mtchwww
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Marvel1206: 6:58pm On Apr 14, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Lol. But Christians talk about how everything that happens here on earth has been written even before a man is born.
If you are prayerful, you will flow with God's plan for your life. Were Armed robbers destined to be? Serial rapists(Baddo)? And it doesn't mean if you don't flow with God's plan for your life, you will never be successful.

You mean to say Peter's denial of Jesus wasn't something predestined to be?

No. It wasn't.

After all his teachings, his disciples still were naive. Peter told Jesus it was impossible for him to deny him (After Jesus told him he would)

It isn't like he was manipulated to do so.. It was just natural.

Someone is being beaten mercilessly, humiliated and all. You can imagine the tense atmosphere that night.
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by hollowpot15684(m): 7:04pm On Apr 14, 2017
if we no blame judas then who should we blame??

make you guys no blame Buhari for this one oo..
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Dopeluiz(m): 7:10pm On Apr 14, 2017
Jesus said, "as for the betrayer, he will wish he was never born". It was indeed a prophecy but he committed a very great sin. The gospels narrate that he hanged himself but Paul said he fall of a cliff and his guts spilled. Both deaths were abominable, even in our time. But I think he will not inherit God's kingdom.
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 14, 2017
Marvel1206:

If you are prayerful, you will flow with God's plan for your life. Were Armed robbers destined to be? Serial rapists(Baddo)? And it doesn't mean if you don't flow with God's plan for your life, you will never be successful.

No. It wasn't.

After all his teachings, his disciples still were naive. Peter told Jesus it was impossible for him to deny him (After Jesus told him he would)

It isn't like he was manipulated to do so.. It was just natural.

Someone is being beaten mercilessly, humiliated and all. You can imagine the tense atmosphere that night.

lol. This contradicts some things in the bible. But I'll just let it be
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Marvel1206: 7:12pm On Apr 14, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
lol. This contradicts some things in the bible. But I'll just let it be
Don't worry, you can point it out
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by doctor306(m): 7:15pm On Apr 14, 2017
Marvel1206:

Judas wasn't destined to betray Jesus.
that means some people are destined to make heaven while others would make hell the same way some were destined to be rich while others poor but we still get judged in same way
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Emitrix42(m): 7:16pm On Apr 14, 2017
An2elect2:
Then we shouldn't credit Christ for securing our salvation since it was a prophecy too?
what the heck are you talking about
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by atoleybaba(m): 7:21pm On Apr 14, 2017
doctor306:
If u believed DAT Judas was destined to betray Jesus then hope you also believed that God knows were we would ho after our death if heaven or hell but my question is since he knows why did he create some of us when he no we wount make heaven
He knows things before they happen then why was Adam and eve punished for disobeying him when he could have averted the whole situation before their creation
Aswear man
Ur answer is in jw.org or let d witnesses in ur house u will get straight from d bible answer(that is if u are really interested in d answer)
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Maxcollins042(m): 7:22pm On Apr 14, 2017
I think the prophecy about Christ's death would still have come to pass by some other way but Judas chose to present himself as a tool to realise this prophecy. Remember, he had the opportunity to turn away from his bedeviling aim but he chose to go ahead. Had it been he backed off his plans to sell Christ the prophecy would still had come to pass. The Bible never made any specification that Christ's death would be brought about using Judas to actualize it.
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 14, 2017
Hell no! Cos if not for Judas there wont be a holiday today. I would still be working my ass off at work and not at home munching goat meat

1 Like

Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by pee777(m): 7:31pm On Apr 14, 2017
Let's be a bit practical about this Nigga called Judas, you serve a master who has escaped several attempts of lynching, he has demonstrated high level powers (magical or otherwise) that non has ever demonstrated even raising the dead, to Judas, he wants to play 419 believing that Jesus will escape any attempt of being killed. So collecting money and handing over Jesus ends the business, if Jesus later escapes that has nothing to do with him again. His last thought was was really later happened.
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by jfkenny(m): 7:44pm On Apr 14, 2017
He is not to be blamedoo
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Marvel1206: 7:44pm On Apr 14, 2017
doctor306:
that means some people are destined to make heaven while others would make hell the same way some were destined to be rich while others poor but we still get judged in same way
No. These notions are used are used by people trying to shy away from their personal responsibilities.

The bible says that Men will give an account on the day of Judgement 'FOR THEIR OWN CONDUCT' --- not for actions thrust upon them by God!

Do you get it? smiley
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
Marvel1206:

Don't worry, you can point it out
The bible made us understand everything that happens to/with man has been predestined

So what's changed?

And since Jesus was meant to die, how would he have achieved that if Judas did not play his own role of selling him?
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by KanwuliaExtra: 7:50pm On Apr 14, 2017
Another Christian riddle! grin
Over to the confused.
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by 2scorehigh(m): 7:54pm On Apr 14, 2017
Yes, it is right to blame the guy for his role because he could have easily overcame if he had the willpower to do so but no, he chose to make some quick money thus he got punished.

You can read how I pictured the whole Judas story here in a very quite hilarious manner here:The "Real" Reason Why Judas Committed Suicide.
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Marvel1206: 8:04pm On Apr 14, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
The bible made us understand everything that happens to/with man has been predestined

So what's changed?

And since Jesus was meant to die, how would he have achieved that if Judas did not play his own role of selling him?
Now the bible does not use the word predestined. It says God knows all. (Not quoting)

The word is Foreknowledge. There's a huge difference between Foreknowledge and Predetermination

Let's see. When jesus told his disciple that someone was going to betray him, Judas had already sold him out so it wasn't what Jesus said that compelled him to betray him.

He asked Jesus knowing fully well in a sarcastic manner. "Is it I?"

Then Jesus replied "Thou hast said"

Jesus would still have died for our sins 'With' or 'Without' Judas. The Pharisees had already developed hatred for him and also note that this is not the first time they had tried to capture him.

What important role did Judas play in capturing Jesus?

He only identified him by kissing him among the disciples cos it was dark at that time and he was paid for that.

He would have surrended himself if Judas didn't betray him.

He only allowed himself to be used.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by primateayoola(m): 8:04pm On Apr 14, 2017
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
coolestchris:
Christianity is confusing, u know it
Message of the cross is foolish to the children of pardition lipsrsealed
coolestchris:
Christianity is confusing, u know it
Message of the cross is foolish to the children of pardition
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by KAYD007(m): 8:04pm On Apr 14, 2017
That's how the spiritual beings used JOB''s life and family to play kalo kalo between themselves...if it was not judas...it could have being Peter or any body else....someone was destined to play that role....in fact the essence of his existence was to carry out the betrayer...

If judas have a very good celestial lawyer..he will win his case...claiming genetic and mental disorder occasion by the celestial being through centuries of prophecies...in fact he might even cite Ola Rotimi drama....where a child was destined by the gods that he will kill his father and marry his mother grin
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by doctor306(m): 8:05pm On Apr 14, 2017
Marvel1206:

No. These notions are used are used by people trying to shy away from their personal responsibilities.

The bible says that Men will give an account on the day of Judgement 'FOR THEIR OWN CONDUCT' --- not for actions thrust upon them by God!

Do you get it? smiley
the bible also said ' I know you by Ur name before you were born ' that means he also know were we would go after our death

But if I Amy ask why do some bad people have the grace to repent on their sick bed and make heaven while others don't
Don't that shows DAT the people who would make heaven would make it no matter how bad they are
Take Ur mind off the bible for a moment and look into reality
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Marvel1206: 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2017
doctor306:
the bible also said ' I know you by Ur name before you were born ' that means he also know were we would go after our death

But if I Amy ask why do some bad people have the grace to repent on their sick bed and make heaven while others don't
Don't that shows DAT the people who would make heaven would make it no matter how bad they are
Take Ur mind off the bible for a moment and look into reality
You used the word 'know', is the word 'compelled' or 'predetermined' or 'predestined'

Now to your second question. And also not quoting the bible.

Anybody on his or her death bed knows he has little time left and would probably repent.

What stops you from repenting and watching your steps while hale and hearty?

Logical reasoning would tell you that you should live everyday as it were your last. Or does anybody guarantee you life?
Re: Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? by Kilanee: 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2017
[I swear ifa catch Judas enh! , if I mention catch that guy.. . Mtchew] cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I / Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) / New Priests In Benue Celebrate First Mass In IDP Camp Over Herdsmen Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.