Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price (15729 Views)

Rabbit Farmers Association Of Nigeria (RAFAN) Meet In Lagos (Photos) / Join Association Of Pineapple And Orange, Mango. / Banana and Plantain Farmers Federation Association of Nigeria(BAPFAN)08074660338 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by ekanDamie: 11:31pm On Apr 14, 2017
Goodnuel:
Which #300?? #100 to #120..
its really sad man.
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by ekanDamie: 11:34pm On Apr 14, 2017
kingralph:
Who says price of 1 bundle of cassava stem is N500? Me I just bought it at N700 some days ago at a Federal government agricultural Institute for that matter
but I don't get,don't farmers propagate?
or use the stem of their harvested cassava to replant?
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by matrixme(m): 11:45pm On Apr 14, 2017
To plant cassava, all you have to do is to cut the long stem into several small sizes and immerse it into the soil. I think the government recently introduced some Vitamin A Cassava into the market and now the prices are up. Why don't they revert back to the old cassava cuttings that has never made anyone nutrient deficient for ages? After all Sugar is fortified with Vitamin A and most people drink their garri with it.

1 Like

Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by SHOPPERS(m): 12:49am On Apr 15, 2017
ofesko121:
honestly why is this guy thinking this would be the solution. the demand for cassava for production of other bye products apart increases everyday. unless more hands join the production of cassava expect the price to stil go high
SHALOM
Simple Logic! More Cassava Utilizing Factories Are Popping Up, With The Nearly Same Level Of Production. Moreso, Kwara State And Some Other South Western States Had Poor Yield Last Year Which Affected Prices.

1 Like

Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by ikorodureporta: 1:22am On Apr 15, 2017
Common garri, man no fit soak again . This govt is really sick! ...
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by oluwakayd: 1:51am On Apr 15, 2017
Connecting People, Creating Wealth Get 100% (x2) of your Investments minimum of 10 mins and maximum of 7 days. FUNDERSKLUB is a platform for donation, Change your Live by joining FUNDERSKLUB. You do not need to refer anybody, we merge you ourselves automatically and you receive your payment to join click on this link http://www.fundersklub.com/
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by woodmood: 4:08am On Apr 15, 2017
bettercreature:
Southern Nigeria people are very lazy people if not,the price of garri is not suppose to be more than #50 per bucket

You are not far from the truth.
Many that are jobless who should be on the farm are either looking for white coller jobs or too busy on nairaland abusing buhari and his government.
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by Btruth: 4:33am On Apr 15, 2017
People needs to return back to farm. The high prices in farm products only indicates our negative attitude to farm work. It's not as if all these products are imported, rather it is our laziness in farming and the non-supportive attitude of of banks towards farmers. We consume more foods and the foods producers (farmers) are becoming very little. Non of the youths this days want to have anything to do with the farm.
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by shevon: 4:59am On Apr 15, 2017
ephi123:

Imagine.
I thought I was the only one that saw that. So, because of a 66.67% increase in the cost of cassava stem, they increased the price of 2 tones of cassava by 466.67%? shocked

1 Like

Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by shevon: 5:03am On Apr 15, 2017
matrixme:
To plant cassava, all you have to do is to cut the long stem into several small sizes and immerse it into the soil. I think the government recently introduced some Vitamin A Cassava into the market and now the prices are up. Why don't they revert back to the old cassava cuttings that has never made anyone nutrient deficient for ages? After all Sugar is fortified with Vitamin A and most people drink their garri with it.
Abeg, if na the Vitamin A Cassava dey cause wahala, make dem pack am comot. Since whey we dey soak dry garri ijebu with only cold water, we blind abi we no dey born twins?
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by Nedsnow(m): 5:22am On Apr 15, 2017
Chuknovski:
Some Nigerians with wicked intentions, they enjoy punishing fellow citizens by hoarding and hiking price anyhow,God will ask them
God won't ask anybody o my brother. How many politicians have God asked nkwanu?
Do me a favour. Face reality and stop depending on God for everything. If America and other developed countries depended on God, they won't be where they are today. Let's try and face reality. We are not the only country God created.

1 Like

Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by KangaIye: 5:30am On Apr 15, 2017
We want our cassava back biko embarassed
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by ChimuchiYola(f): 5:38am On Apr 15, 2017
donJ2:

Lov Ur website, loads quickly...
I have a similar idea, seeing urs inspired me more.
Cheers

Thank you bro

But we can partner though...if possible
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by Ahmeduana(m): 6:12am On Apr 15, 2017
bettercreature:
Southern Nigeria people are very lazy people if not,the price of garri is not suppose to be more than #50 per bucket
NAIM YOU NO JUMP ENTER FARMING WITH GARRI PROCESSING BUSINESS?
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by spie42(m): 6:24am On Apr 15, 2017
ThisTrend:
The Agro-Processors Association of Nigeria has called on the Federal Government to subsidise the price of high yield cassava cuttings to ensure a reduction in the price of garri.

Niger state Chairman of the association, Malam Jamiu Lawal, made the call in Minna on Friday in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

Lawal said that the measure would reverse the current price of garri from N400 per kilogramme to N150 per kilogramme.

‘‘We want the Federal Government to assist us by subsidising the price of cassava stems to enable farmers reduce the prices of cassava and garri,’’ he said.

He noted that a bundle of cassava cuttings (stems) which was sold for N300 now sells for N500.

The chairman also said that some months ago two tonnes of cassava was sold for N30,000 but now it is selling for N140,000.

He said this increase had impacted on the prices of all the by-products of cassava.

Lawal appealed to government to assist farmers with other inputs such as fertilisers and herbicides in order to ensure increase in cassava production.

He also urged the government to subsidise and facilitate farmers’ access to tractors, processing machine and equipment to attract youths to farming.

The chairman disclosed that the association had started the production of high quality cassava flour, Cassava chips and Camavita (Semovita equivalent). (NAN)

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/04/agro-processor-association-of-nigeria.html
No, I don't get it, you expect subsidy in cassava production? Wonderful, so farmers of cassava after passing through that rigorous stress of producing garri should sell it for how much? So after selling at a very low price they will other farm product at a higher price abi! Dumb heads everywhere
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by nnanna69(m): 7:47am On Apr 15, 2017
bettercreature:

One Afonja sighted
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by kindredspirit(m): 7:48am On Apr 15, 2017
The high cost of Garri has little to do with Cassava stems.

The price of Garri is sky-rocketing because it's the start of a new planting season and Cassava isn't available that much as farmers are planting / prepping for planting.

Following the above, the demand for Cassava outstrips supply which will obviously lead to increase in prices of derivatives.

The value chain of Cassava continues to increase yearly, being such a versatile crop. Thus, Garri is competing with other products in the Cassava value chain for scarcely available Cassava. This could mean that even when Cassava is abundant, we might not likely experience a drop in the price of Garri to what it once was.
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by Goodnuel: 8:33am On Apr 15, 2017
ekanDamie:

its really sad man.
Very sad... I wan die d day i boughy for 1000 cry.. Now, even if my babe come, i no d give her garri cry cry
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by Myzzyfrazzy(m): 9:32am On Apr 15, 2017
Just another looter looking for means to loot..I am tired of nigeria..I am going to ondo local government
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by Chuknovski(m): 12:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
Nedsnow:

Do me a favour. Face reality and stop depending on God for everything. If America and other developed countries depended on God, they won't be where they are today. Let's try and face reality. We are not the only country God created.

please read between the lines and don't just dabble into issues I meant literary God will punish them either now or eventually on judgment day, if you don't have meaning full criticism pls move on, am a passionate Nigerian who can do crazy things for his country
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by levite247: 1:50pm On Apr 15, 2017
bettercreature:

no, not lazy. but greedy. garri is in abondance but they artificialy hike the price
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by mikolo80: 2:08pm On Apr 15, 2017
BrightAhiah:
pls do sth quick/urgent to save d pple from famine
who stop them from entering farm
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by mikolo80: 2:09pm On Apr 15, 2017
Chuknovski:
Some Nigerians with wicked intentions, they enjoy punishing fellow citizens by hoarding and hiking price anyhow,God will ask them
what stopped the other Nigerians from farming and hoarding their own food. God will ask the 1 talent not the 5 or 2 talent ppl
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by mikolo80: 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
shevon:

I thought I was the only one that saw that. So, because of a 66.67% increase in the cost of cassava stem, they increased the price of 2 tones of cassava by 466.67%? shocked
like a boss
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by mikolo80: 2:57pm On Apr 15, 2017
Nedsnow:

Mtsch thank you my broda,Abeg tell them. work and pray not pray and pray or work and work. work and pray

1 Like

Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by mikolo80: 2:59pm On Apr 15, 2017
donmalcolm21:
Stems are still cheap rather fertilizer should be given to farmers for increase yield
why should it be given
why can't they buy it like everybody else abi will they share their profit with govt?
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by mikolo80: 3:00pm On Apr 15, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:
Input subsidy is the answer to reduction in food price across board.

I keep wondering why countries with little or practically no land mass and resources compare to Nigeria have food at cheaper price than us.

Total overhauling is important.

www.Facebook.com/waleagro
like which country? de dia de yarn dust
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by mikolo80: 3:02pm On Apr 15, 2017
ekanDamie:
this garri matter is serious matter o.I can't understand
how a commodity that sells for 300 fly's to 1000. how much % does forex
have in casava processing?
competing goods.
you import rice wheat and sugar.
all carbohydrate.
dollar goes up.
their prices go up.
everyone rush garri .
demand exceed supply.
garri price rises.
Re: Agro-processor Association Of Nigeria Proffers Solution To High Garri Price by Chuknovski(m): 4:01pm On Apr 15, 2017
mikolo80:
what stopped the other Nigerians from farming and hoarding their own food. God will ask the 1 talent not the 5 or 2 talent ppl

please reason well, if every body becomes farmer, who will be the doctor,who will be engineer, where will other career disappear to,this is simple this guys are taking advantage of people unnecessarily, remember the same bible says you should not be greedy of gain, the same bible says he that hoardeth corn the people will curse, soo when won't God ask if you use your talent to punish people?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beans Plant Duration / My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) / Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.