Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact (16791 Views)

Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Pastor Alph Lukau Resurrection Of A Dead Man: Funeral Parlour To Sue Him (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by D1official: 6:56pm On Apr 16, 2017
Butterworth:

These are claims and assertions, you provided no evidence or facts to back up your claims. Merely asserting is not same as Evidence or facts. Try harder to provide sound historical and archaeological evidence. Some of us are not religious NUTJUB

Quoting the bible as Evidence is like using a claim as an evidence.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
As a footballer u Dnt score with ur hands, Co's itz against D rule.D rule of d kingdom is faith!!.
if u wnt to b part of team God,believe nd den u will understand not vice - versa.
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by Rilwayne001: 7:29pm On Apr 16, 2017
In Acts 1:3 we are told that after his resurrection Jesus spent forty days with the disciples—forty days! shocked shocked —showing them that he was alive by “many proofs.” Many proofs? How many proofs were needed exactly? And it took forty days to convince them?

His presence wasn't even proof again, he needed to show many proofs. Smh.

Fact is, historically, the resurrection claim is not provable and you can only believe the claim by faith. The story from the beginning to the end is riddled with contradiction and inconsistencies which means it isn't reliable.

Where is annunaki2 when you need him? undecided

olaadegbu, why did Jesus need to spend 40 good days to show many proof to show that he's risen

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by Eagleword14(f): 7:31pm On Apr 16, 2017
Hallelujah! CHrist is risen. Thank You Lord for Your mercy to mankind.
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by tunderay(m): 9:08pm On Apr 16, 2017
Mememan:

You're so unintelligent and you may remain stupîd for life. How could just post something without any sense of reasoning?
Quote anywhere in the holy quran that 72 virgins are promised to murderers. Dólt
Are you minding the mofo. Their gullibility is second to none. He just listen to heresay, he can't provide a verse where it was written.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by GoodMuyis(m): 9:40pm On Apr 16, 2017
maclatunji:
People had been crucified from the days of Egypt. What you are looking for is whether the guy crucified was Jesus (AS). We know he was not and all that salvation talk is disproved because we had people like Moses, Jonah, David Jacob etc.

Are you saying they will not make heaven because they do not believe in this crucifixion?

Read My comment here
https://www.nairaland.com/3721108/last-question-nairaland-atheist/1#55272921
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by GoodMuyis(m): 10:05pm On Apr 16, 2017
Rilwayne001:
In Acts 1:3 we are told that after his resurrection Jesus spent forty days with the disciples—forty days! shocked shocked —showing them that he was alive by “many proofs.” Many proofs? How many proofs were needed exactly? And it took forty days to convince them?

His presence wasn't even proof again, he needed to show many proofs. Smh.

Fact is, historically, the resurrection claim is not provable and you can only believe the claim by faith. The story from the beginning to the end is riddled with contradiction and inconsistencies which means it isn't reliable.

Where is annunaki2 when you need him? undecided

olaadegbu, why did Jesus need to spend 40 good days to show many proof to show that he's risen

The answer is right in front of you but you maliciously omit it. there is a conjunction and showing that two statement was combined into one. Jesus Christ wasn't showing proof for 40 days he was speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Get that in
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by akoko11: 10:06pm On Apr 16, 2017
XaviDayo:

God bless ya good heart
May God have mercy on u.

Christ is risen no doubt about that
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by XaviDayo(m): 10:36pm On Apr 16, 2017
akoko11:

May God have mercy on u.

Christ is risen no doubt about that

WHAT IS DIS ONE SAYING
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by gabe: 1:58am On Apr 17, 2017
Mithras was a sun god, who emerged from a rock. His birthday is December 25th. converts to mithraism are baptised. devotees participate in a form of eucharist, where the body and blood of Mithras is eaten in the form of wafers with crosses on them. Mithras was killed and went to set free the faithful and baptised from death. he was raised on the 3rd day and then ascended to heaven on a golden flaming chariot. he will come to judge the world in the last day, condemning unbelievers to a burning fire while saving believers, dead or alive. he will feed them with the blood of a bull mixed with a special nectar to give them eternal life. Mithraism existed before christianity. Go figure. PS easter is celebrated same time as the feast day of d goddess of fertility Ishtar , hence the use of fertility symbols, rabbits and eggs...
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by Zodiac61(m): 9:02am On Apr 17, 2017
I cannot see any reasons to accept fiction, which is what the story of the resurrection is.
Wishful thinking by people who are worried about death.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by akoko11: 9:44am On Apr 17, 2017
XaviDayo:

WHAT IS DIS ONE SAYING

Antichrist get sense abeg
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by 1shortblackboy: 10:26am On Apr 17, 2017
see how everyone, muslims and aetheists are freely rubbishing the very essence of christianity and there is no resrictional confessional statement to say u believe in christ before u comment. seun what do you call this undecided
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by maclatunji: 11:20am On Apr 17, 2017
femi4:
lol...you still don't get it . From the days of Abraham till the last prophet before Jesus Christ, atonement for sin and other sacrifices were made for cleansing by killing of animals.

The death of Jesus Christ has replaced that, his blood was shed instead of that of animal. We no longer need to kill animals to seek redemption.

His tomb was empty, the heavy stone was rolled away.

Muhammad is still very much in his grave but Jesus Christ could not be found there. Like the angel told them: " Why are you looking for the living among the dead".

He rose on the third day so that people won't doubt his death.

Repent before its too late

While your submission is wrong but let us just go with it for the sake of argument.

The end result is that those guys make it to heaven right?

Bottomline is there was no need for a sacrificial lamb character you claim Jesus (AS) is since paradise was always attainable before the event.
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by femi4: 11:59am On Apr 17, 2017
maclatunji:

While your submission is wrong but let us just go with it for the sake of argument.

The end result is that those guys make it to heaven right?

Bottomline is there was no need for a sacrificial lamb character you claim Jesus (AS) is since paradise was always attainable before the event.
Non of them did without sacrifices and burnt offerings. It was norms then. None of them was perfect.

Cain and Abel offer sacrifices to God, God accepted that of Abel and rejected Cain's

Abram used to be idol worshipper..... I can go on and on

He made burnt offering to God from time to time. In fact in one instance God tested his faith by asking him to sacrifice his son.

This is what job did regularly concerning his children
Job 1:5

When a period of feasting had run its course, Job would make arrangements for them to be purified. Early in the morning he would sacrifice a burnt offering for each of them, thinking, "Perhaps my children have sinned and cursed God in their hearts." This was Job's regular custom.

Animal sacrifice is an important theme found throughout Scripture because “without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness” (Hebrews 9:22).

When Adam and Eve sinned, animals were killed by God to provide clothing for them (Genesis 3:21). Cain and Abel brought sacrifices to the Lord. Cain's was unacceptable because he brought poor fruit, while Abel's was acceptable because it was the “firstborn of his flock” (Genesis 4:4-5).

After the flood receded, Noah sacrificed animals to God (Genesis 8:20-21).

Finally, the Gospel has come to stay....you cannot do anything against the the Truth cos the Truth is from above and above all.

He is way, the Truth and Life...accept him today before its too late. He is the lamb of God, the lamb without blemish or defect.
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by Butterworth: 12:01pm On Apr 17, 2017
D1official:

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
As a footballer u Dnt score with ur hands, Co's itz against D rule.D rule of d kingdom is faith!!.
if u wnt to b part of team God,believe nd den u will understand not vice - versa.

I will start believing in Faith when you use Faith to give Nigerians 24hrs interrupted electricity supply.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by maclatunji: 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2017
femi4:
Non of them did without sacrifices and burnt offerings. It was norms then. None of them was perfect.

Cain and Abel offer sacrifices to God, God accepted that of Abel and rejected Cain's

Abram used to be idol worshipper..... I can go on and on

He made burnt offering to God from time to time. In fact in one instance God tested his faith by asking him to sacrifice his son.

This is what job did regularly concerning his children
Job 1:5

When a period of feasting had run its course, Job would make arrangements for them to be purified. Early in the morning he would sacrifice a burnt offering for each of them, thinking, "Perhaps my children have sinned and cursed God in their hearts." This was Job's regular custom.

Animal sacrifice is an important theme found throughout Scripture because “without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness” (Hebrews 9:22).

When Adam and Eve sinned, animals were killed by God to provide clothing for them (Genesis 3:21). Cain and Abel brought sacrifices to the Lord. Cain's was unacceptable because he brought poor fruit, while Abel's was acceptable because it was the “firstborn of his flock” (Genesis 4:4-5).

After the flood receded, Noah sacrificed animals to God (Genesis 8:20-21).

Finally, the Gospel has come to stay....you cannot do anything against the the Truth cos the Truth is from above and above all.

He is way, the Truth and Life...accept him today before its too late. He is the lamb of God, the lamb without blemish or defect.

Hahahahahaha... without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness? Really?

What blood did the harlot in the let he be without sin cast the first stone story shed?

You have to start from a blank sheet dude. There are so many ways to puncture your beliefs but let us leave it at this.

By your logic you don’t need to pay tithe in Christianity, just believe Jesus (AS) was crucified and you are good to go. No form of giving is required, No animals, fruits or money. You don't have to part with anything at all.

But you know this is not true.
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by femi4: 12:51pm On Apr 17, 2017
maclatunji:

Hahahahahaha... without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness? Really?

What blood did the harlot in the let he be without sin cast the first stone story shed?

You have to start from a blank sheet dude. There are so many ways to puncture your beliefs but let us leave it at this.

By your logic you don’t need to pay tithe in Christianity, just believe Jesus (AS) was crucified and you are good to go. No form of giving is required, No animals, fruits or money. You don't have to part with anything at all.

But you know this is not true.
lol....You still don't get it. Jesus is the sacrificial lamb. Only him could forgive sins even before his death. Your Mohammed couldn't even before his death. In other words the forgiveness was done in advance.

God knew that the death of his Son was certain ultimately, and on that basis, and that of his own fidelity to keep his promise of redemption, he could—and did—grant forgiveness on earth. Throughout, Jesus never use: " God has forgiven you". His words were: You are forgiven. In other words, I m the source of this forgiveness, I have the authority, God knew about it and it is valid. Just surrender your life to him and enjoy his grace and mercy

Mark 2:6-9

Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, 7“Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

8 Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, “Why are you thinking these things? 9Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat and walk’? 10 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.

None of the prophet before him could do that.....none of them could lay claim to be a Messiah. Infact in Revelation, Jesus said: " I am the alpha and Omega". Only him can do what no man can do.
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by maclatunji: 12:57pm On Apr 17, 2017
femi4:
lol....You still don't get it. Jesus is the sacrificial lamb. Only him could forgive sins even before his death. Your Mohammed couldn't even before his death. In other words the forgiveness was done in advance.

Mark 2:6-

Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, 7“Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

8 Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, “Why are you thinking these things? 9Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat and walk’? 10 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.

None of the prophet before him could do that.....none of them could lay claim to be a Messiah. Infact in Revelation, Jesus said: " I am the alpha and Omega". Only him can do what no man can do.

You see how you contradict yourself, but Bottomline is, you don't need blood to be forgiven.
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by femi4: 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2017
maclatunji:

You see how you contradict yourself, but Bottomline is, you don't need blood to be forgiven.
I never did...you couldnt comprehend cos you are yet to come the full knowledge of him. The sacrifice was for all even as far back as Adam and Eve.

Bottom line: You choose not to believe but when your eyez are fully open....you ll come to the knowledge of the truth
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by Horus(m): 2:28pm On Apr 17, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
10 Reasons to accept the resurrection of Jesus as Historical fact

http://crossexamined.org/10-reasons-accept-resurrection-jesus-historical-fact/

Where are the bones of your Jesus ?
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:31pm On Apr 17, 2017
KraticKratus:

11. the bible said so, so it must be true. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

xtians are highly gullible

If God said it, I believe it, that settles it for me and that is the reason sheep are different from goats.
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:55pm On Apr 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

10 Reasons to Accept the Resurrection of Jesus as an Historical Fact
April 11, 2017/34 Comments//by Guest
By Brian Chilton

When I left the ministry due to my skepticism, one of the factors involved in my departure concerned the reliability of the New Testament documents and the resurrection of Jesus. The folks from the Jesus Seminar had me second-guessing whether I could trust what the New Testament said and if I could truly accept the literal bodily resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth. In July of 2005, my life changed. I entered the Lifeway Christian Bookstore in Winston-Salem, North Carolina and read three books that changed my life more than any other book outside the Bible. I discovered Lee Strobel's The Case for Christ, Josh McDowell's The New Evidence that Demands a Verdict, and McDowell's A Ready Defense. I discovered that there are many reasons for accepting the resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth as a historical fact.

Resurrection Jesus History

Through the years, the evidence has increasingly mounted for the historicity of Jesus's resurrection. This article will provide 10 of the most fascinating arguments for the resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth. This list is not exhaustive and my dealings with each argument is extremely brief. Nevertheless, I hope this list will provide a starting point for you to consider the authenticity of Jesus's resurrection.

The First Eyewitnesses were Women. The first eyewitnesses of the resurrection were women. All the Gospels note that the first individuals to discover the tomb empty were women. Matthew notes that "After the Sabbath, as the first day of the week was dawning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to view the tomb…The angel told the women, 'Don't be afraid, because I know you are looking for Jesus who was crucified. He is not here. For he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the play where he lay" (Matthew 28:1, 5-6).[1] Women were not held in high esteem. In Greco-Roman culture, a woman's testimony was not admissible in court. In Jewish circles, it took the testimony of two women to equate that of one man. If one were to invent a story, the last people one would place as the first witnesses would have been women, unless it were otherwise true.

Minimal Facts Concerning the Resurrection. Gary Habermas has popularized the so-called minimal facts argument for the resurrection. The minimal facts are those things that are accepted by nearly all New Testament scholars. The minimal facts are "1. Jesus died by crucifixion. 2. Jesus' disciples believed that he rose and appeared to them. 3. The church persecutor Paul was suddenly changed. 4. The skeptic James, brother of Jesus, was suddenly changed. 5. The tomb was empty." [2] These facts are nearly universally accepted by New Testament scholars, including liberals.

Transformation of the Early Disciples. As noted in the minimal facts, James, the brother of Jesus, was changed from a skeptic to a believer because of the resurrection. James along with his brothers did not believe in Jesus during Jesus's early ministry (see John 7:5). However, Jesus appeared to James (1 Corinthians 15:3-9) and James became a leader in the early Jerusalem church. His death is recorded by Josephus.[3] Paul is another example of one who was completely transformed by the resurrection of Jesus. Paul had been a persecutor of the church. After witnessing the risen Jesus, Paul became a proclaimer for the church.

Embarrassing Details of the Resurrection. Historically speaking, embarrassing details add veracity to a historical claim. The fact that women were the first witnesses, that a member of the Sanhedrin (the same Sanhedrin that executed Jesus) had to give Jesus a proper burial, and that the disciples were fearful and fled all serve as embarrassing factors for the resurrection account.

Willingness to Die for What Was Known. Many people will die for what they believe to be true. But no one will die for something they erroneously invented. The disciples knew if they were telling the truth. Yet, one finds that the disciples were willing to die for what they knew to be true. Stephen died by stoning (Acts 7:54-60), James of Zebedee died by the sword at the hands of Herod (Acts 12:2), James the brother of Jesus died,[4] and Peter and Paul died at the hands of Nero.[5]

Documentary Evidence. The documentary evidence for the resurrection of Jesus is quite good. The historian seeks to find how many primary and secondary sources[6] can be gathered for an event to determine the event's historicity. Concerning primary sources, the resurrection has Matthew's account, John's account, and Paul's account in 1 Corinthians 15, including the additional references by James (if one accepts that James wrote the letter attributed to him) and Jude. The following are secondary sources for the resurrection: Luke, Mark, Clement of Rome, and to a lesser degree Ignatius and Irenaeus.

Circumstantial Evidence. Douglas Groothius notes that circumstantial evidence for the historicity of the resurrection is "namely, the practice of the early church in observing baptism, the Lord's Supper, and Sunday worship."[7] Baptism is based upon the analogy of Jesus's death, burial, and resurrection. The Lord's Supper is a symbol of Christ's sacrificial death. In addition, it is quite odd that faithful Jews would move their worship from a Friday evening into Saturday to a Sunday morning unless something major had occurred on a Sunday morning. The major Sunday morning event was Jesus's resurrection.

The Missing Motive. J. Warner Wallace has noted in his lectures and books that when a conspiracy is formed, three motivating factors are behinds such a move—power, greed, and/or lust.[8] The disciples would hold no power behind claiming the resurrection as history. They were running around while often being threatened by the Jewish and Roman authorities. As far as greed, they taught that one should not desire earthly possessions, but spiritual ones. Lust was not a factor, either. They taught celibacy before marriage and marital fidelity after marriage. In fact, N. T. Wright notes in his classic book, The Resurrection of the Son of God, that the disciples had no theological motivation behind claiming that Jesus had risen from the dead as they were anticipating a military hero and a final resurrection at the end of time. What motivating factors existed for these disciples to invent such a story? None! The only reason the disciples taught the resurrection of Jesus was because Jesus's resurrection had occurred.

Enemy Attestation of the Resurrection. Historically speaking, if one holds enemy attestation to an event, then the event is strengthened. When one considers the claims of the authorities that the disciples had stolen the body of Jesus (Matthew 28:11-15), the testimony of the resurrection is strengthened. The early belief that the disciples had stolen the body of Jesus is strengthened by the discovery of the Nazareth Inscription that orders capital punishment for anyone who steals a body from a tomb.[9] In addition, several refences to Jesus and his resurrection include citations from Josephus,[10] Tacitus,[11] and Suetonius[12] among others (including the Babylonian Talmud).

Multiple Post-Resurrection Eyewitnesses. Finally, there is multiple eyewitness testimony pertaining to the resurrection of Jesus. Several people had seen Jesus alive for a period of 40 days. The eyewitnesses include Mary Magdalene (John 20:10-18), the women at the tomb accompanying Mary (Matthew 28:1-10), the Roman guards (Matthew 28:4), the Eleven disciples (John 21), the two men on the road to Emmaus (Luke 24:13-35), an indeterminate number of disciples (Matthew 28:16-20); over five-hundred disciples (1 Corinthains 15:6), to James (1 Corinthians 15:7) and to Paul (1 Corinthians 15:8-9). I am certain that there were many other witnesses that are unnamed.

Conclusion:

Many other evidences could be given for the resurrection of Jesus. Thinking about the methods of history, one must understand that there is a reason why American accept the first President of the United States as George Washington and not Spongebob Squarepants. History backs up the claim that Washington was the first President. In like manner, history backs up the reality of Jesus's resurrection. Now the question is this: what will you do with such information? Some will try to ignore the event. Some will try to dismiss it. Others will acknowledge the factual nature of the event and worship Jesus as the risen Lord. It is my prayer that you will do the latter.

See the Eyewitness Testimony That'll Make You Never Doubt the Resurrection Again in the link below:

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2017/april/why-you-can-believe-in-the-resurrection
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2017
jeeqaa7:

So I am Glad.. Extremely happy.. He did this for me. He cleared my doubt. He broke protocols . He stunned us all
He died. Asin died completely
Not for His Crime. Not for something He did but something I did. He set the standard for Love.
Against all odds
He rose.. He is back and this time .
He comes Triumphant.
Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah.
I am a witness and I feel different.
I feel Good
Christ is Risen.

Praise the Lord. He is risen!

1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18am On Apr 24, 2017
Ologogoro:

The tomb in which Jesus was buried was discovered empty by a group of women on the Sunday following the crucifixion.

Ologogoro

Way to go! smiley
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by oladoja1(m): 6:57am On Apr 24, 2017
Ever8054:
how can you accept a doctrine that encourage you to live in peace with others when the Quran has already inflicted your mind with slaughtering unbelievers as the only way to pump 72 virgins in paradise?..
verse of the 72 virgins
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by oladoja1(m): 6:59am On Apr 24, 2017
femi4:
lol....na Mohammed dem crucify? Mohammad is dead and buried and he still in the grave till today. Jesus tomb was empty even the soldiers by the tomb took to their heels.

To answer your question about prophets before Jesus, they were saved according to law. In fact Jesus mentioned that father Abraham is in heaven.

Accept the living God before its too late
no I tot e said e was before Abraham
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by oladoja1(m): 7:01am On Apr 24, 2017
tundejoseph4:
In the history of human kind no one is greater than perfect jesus. His only crime is Love, he never shed any blood despite bloody enemies he had against him, ur mohamed is simply an activist. Worship Jesus only. He is the way and the truth.
verse in the Bible where Jesus said we should worship him?
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by femi4: 7:35am On Apr 24, 2017
oladoja1:

no I tot e said e was before Abraham
he didn't use "was" ....he said "I am". He did this to let them know that he knew Father Abraham more than them.

If you read the account of Lazarus and the rich man, you ll see where Jesus mentioned that Father Abraham was in heaven
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by luvinhubby(m): 8:29am On Apr 24, 2017
maclatunji:

So your brain no deduce that you don't need anybody to crucified to make heaven after that discovery? An empty tomb is an empty tomb no magic about that.

You see you people just refuse to reason even from the Bible you claim as a source.

Crucifixion is not something new, in fact being revived from death is not something new.

Just Google people reported to have risen from death in history.

Let me guess, Jesus (AS) is part of a trinity abi? Think am well. 3 entities go control this universe and you no go see kasala?

Forget all these traditional myths across cultures have better logic than the idea of a trinity even if they too are not valid but you can easily help them sort out their confusion.

It is different from people that decide to lie to themselves.

Obvious vituperations of a lost and wandering soul.
The identity of who was arrested, tried by Pilate and executed on the eve of the passover on AD 34 in Jerusalem was never in doubt to Roman and Jewish authorities of those days, it was the popular and 'controversial' Jesus the Nazarene and two other thieves.
The question has not been was he cruficied, the question has always been, did He resurrect? The Jewish authorities knew he did, but accepting it will undermine their own religious authority and jeopardise their relationship with the Emperor of Rome, so they choose to fabricate the lie that the His disciples stole the body to prove he rose again, and that has been the age long physiological conflict for your likes. But you should ask yourself, why His disciples who did NOT believe Jesus' claims that He will rise again after crucifixion, steal His body to prove His resurrection?

On the Trinity, open a thread on that and i will come lecture you on it.
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:22pm On Jun 13, 2017
enesty77:

He that believeth shall be saved. But the unbelievers shall be damned

That is the bitter truth. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can A Christian Guy Marry A Muslim Girl? / Why We Can’t Jump To Conclusions About Rape Allegations Against Fatoyinbo —CAN / A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.