Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact (16793 Views)

Olumba Olumba Disagrees With Christians On Death, Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Pastor Alph Lukau Resurrection Of A Dead Man: Funeral Parlour To Sue Him (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2017
tlops:

Yes. It can't be a lie for this long.

That is true. smiley
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:03pm On Jul 26, 2017
steppin:

Funny enough, in reality people like you will shout Jesus if they missed a step, but come online to deny the same person they asked to save them. If you asked God for something and he doesn't answer immediately, it doesn't mean he doesn't exist.
Most of the people who claim not to believe in God in this section, are mostly products of frustration from unanswered prayer.

Good analysis. smiley
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:40pm On Aug 10, 2017
gabe:

Mithras was a sun god, who emerged from a rock. His birthday is December 25th. converts to mithraism are baptised. devotees participate in a form of eucharist, where the body and blood of Mithras is eaten in the form of wafers with crosses on them. Mithras was killed and went to set free the faithful and baptised from death. he was raised on the 3rd day and then ascended to heaven on a golden flaming chariot. he will come to judge the world in the last day, condemning unbelievers to a burning fire while saving believers, dead or alive. he will feed them with the blood of a bull mixed with a special nectar to give them eternal life. Mithraism existed before christianity. Go figure. PS easter is celebrated same time as the feast day of d goddess of fertility Ishtar , hence the use of fertility symbols, rabbits and eggs...

The challenge you are facing is your religious background which was based on mythology. The resurrection of Christ is an historical fact as explained by the OP. Historical facts and mythology are not the same.
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2017
Zodiac61:

I cannot see any reasons to accept fiction, which is what the story of the resurrection is.
Wishful thinking by people who are worried about death.

The evidence is there for you to see, the fact that you are used to fiction is no reason to term everything as such.
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:44pm On Aug 10, 2017
1shortblackboy:

see how everyone, muslims and aetheists are freely rubbishing the very essence of christianity and there is no resrictional confessional statement to say u believe in christ before u comment. seun what do you call this undecided

Don't mind them. I wonder why they even bother about what they believe doesn't exist.
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:45pm On Aug 10, 2017
maclatunji:

While your submission is wrong but let us just go with it for the sake of argument.

The end result is that those guys make it to heaven right?

Bottomline is there was no need for a sacrificial lamb character you claim Jesus (AS) is since paradise was always attainable before the event.

That is where your problem lies. undecided
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:46pm On Aug 10, 2017
maclatunji:

You see how you contradict yourself, but Bottomline is, you don't need blood to be forgiven.

Why do you slaughter rams during or after ramadan?
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:48pm On Aug 10, 2017
Horus:

Where are the bones of your Jesus ?

Why are you looking for the living among the dead?

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by maclatunji: 8:34am On Aug 11, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Why do you slaughter rams during or after ramadan?

We commemorate Abraham's Test with Ishmael (AS). Hajj also largely commemorates them as well as Hajar.
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2017
maclatunji:

We commemorate Abraham's Test with Ishmael (AS). Hajj also largely commemorates them as well as Hajar.

Do you for once reflect on the reason Abraham offered Isaac to God and why the animal was sacrificed in his place?
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by maclatunji: 6:33pm On Aug 12, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Do you for once reflect on the reason Abraham offered Isaac to God and why the animal was sacrificed in his place?

Simple, a test of faith.

And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient.

Quran Chapter 2 Verse 155

Forget all that rubbish you have been taught. I have exited where you going to with your questions.
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 12, 2017
maclatunji:

Simple, a test of faith.

And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient.

Forget all that rubbish you have been taught. I have exited where you going to with your questions.

LMAO cheesy you left olaadegbu speechless.
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:25pm On Aug 12, 2017
maclatunji:

Simple, a test of faith.

Looks like what comes out of the ISIS manual. Let me tell you who you should fear:

"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell" (Matthew 10:28).

Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. All the penalty of your sin has been paid for because of the Lamb that was slain. All you need to do is to believe, become and belong. Believe Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour, become a new creature and then belong to the family of God to escape the Judgment to come. smiley
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by maclatunji: 3:41pm On Aug 13, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Looks like what comes out of the ISIS manual. Let me tell you who you should fear:

"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell" (Matthew 10:28).

Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. All the penalty of your sin has been paid for because of the Lamb that was slain. All you need to do is to believe, become and belong. Believe Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour, become a new creature and then belong to the family of God to escape the Judgment to come. smiley

Read what you wrote again, does make sense? Even theologically?

This is the Christian dogma that you will run back to without thought.

Let me break it down for you, if Moses, Abraham even John the Baptist (AS) will make heaven without having to believe in this dogma, what pressing need is there for anybody else to need Jesus (As) to be killed to make heaven?

None.
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
maclatunji:

Read what you wrote again, does make sense? Even theologically?

This is the Christian dogma that you will run back to without thought.

Let me break it down for you, if Moses, Abraham even John the Baptist (AS) will make heaven without having to believe in this dogma, what pressing need is there for anybody else to need Jesus (As) to be killed to make heaven?

None.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).

Without the Lord Jesus Christ Abraham, Moses or John the Baptist wouldn't have made heaven. cool
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by maclatunji: 11:44am On Aug 14, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).

Without the Lord Jesus Christ Abraham, Moses or John the Baptist wouldn't have made heaven. cool

LOL, quotes without relevance to the topic at hand is enough evidence of deficiency of your faith and belief. When Moses (AS) was talking to God on Mount Sinai, dem mention Jesus (AS).

Yes, you have been taught all these things but go and dig dipper and reason instead of quoting the Bible without thinking.
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:34pm On Aug 14, 2017
maclatunji:

LOL, quotes without relevance to the topic at hand is enough evidence of deficiency of your faith and belief. When Moses (AS) was talking to God on Mount Sinai, dem mention Jesus (AS).

Yes, you have been taught all these things but go and dig dipper and reason instead of quoting the Bible without thinking.

When you were quoting from your terrorist manual you didn't realise that it wasn't relevant to the topic but now that I gave you the Word of God you started accusing me of derailing the topic. undecided

It was only after Jesus rose from the dead that He he took the likes of Moses to heaven.

2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by maclatunji: 2:15pm On Aug 14, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

When you were quoting from your terrorist manual you didn't realise that it wasn't relevant to the topic but now that I gave you the Word of God you started accusing me of derailing the topic. undecided

It was only after Jesus rose from the dead that He he took the likes of Moses to heaven.

You asked a question and my quote directly addressed the issue.

This your quotation is not in any way related to the question.

You see you are resorting to attacks, you cannot stand on logic.
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by maclatunji: 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2017
You are still missing the point, Moses and co. never knew Jesus and never needed to know him. So abeg leave matter about waiting for Jesus to take anybody to heaven.

Death is a common denominator amongst humans nothing special.

Of course, you will keep repeating this dogma because it is what you cling on to regardless of it being shallow, hollow and not acceptable even theological.

Divinity is maximum, it is not shared. So, that you little old concept of trinity is dead on arrival.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:03pm On Sep 01, 2017
maclatunji:

You asked a question and my quote directly addressed the issue.

This your quotation is not in any way related to the question.

You see you are resorting to attacks, you cannot stand on logic.

maclatunji:

You are still missing the point, Moses and co. never knew Jesus and never needed to know him. So abeg leave matter about waiting for Jesus to take anybody to heaven.

Death is a common denominator amongst humans nothing special.

Of course, you will keep repeating this dogma because it is what you cling on to regardless of it being shallow, hollow and not acceptable even theological.

Divinity is maximum, it is not shared. So, that you little old concept of trinity is dead on arrival.

"The word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12).
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:02pm On Oct 05, 2017
Elesta:

U were making sense until u said jews moved their worship to sunday. Thats not true. Can you show me where in d bible it says so? Waiting for your response

The early believers met on the first day of the week. See 1 Corinthians 16:1-2.
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:04pm On Oct 05, 2017
Butterworth:

These are claims and assertions, you provided no evidence or facts to back up your claims. Merely asserting is not same as Evidence or facts. Try harder to provide sound historical and archaeological evidence. Some of us are not religious NUTJUB

Quoting the bible as Evidence is like using a claim as an evidence.

Quoting the Bible as evidence is similar as saying that you should look inside the White House for the evidence that Trump lives there.

Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:07pm On Oct 05, 2017
Bollinger:

You do understand what facts are right? What you have just laid down are all subjective emotion arguments to further your opinion.

Those are historical facts you can neither deny nor debunk with your emotional outburst. cool
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:10pm On Oct 05, 2017
Eluwilussit:

It is true. If anyone is in doubt, let the person simply ask the Lord to reveal himself to him/her. Jesus is the son of God. It doesn't matter whether 1 person or the entire world believes it. Our positions in this matter are immaterial. He is risen. Hallelujah! Happy Easter.

Amen! Halleluyah! cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:10pm On Oct 05, 2017
daveP:

He didnt sneak. for 40days, he appeared to many numbering over 500witnesses that paul spoke of, asides others not recorded. he went to the seaside according to john and he did miracles that attracted people. so there wasnt any sneaking around. the sanhedrin knew about it and tried to stop this movement just for control's sake and not cos it was a lie. josh mcdowell, a former atheist, sat down to prove the resurrection was a hoax. he came out a fully convinced christian.
read 'evidence that demands a verdict' at least a former atheist compiled it

God bless you. smiley
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:13pm On Oct 05, 2017
GoodMuyis:

The answer is right in front of you but you maliciously omit it. there is a conjunction and showing that two statement was combined into one. Jesus Christ wasn't showing proof for 40 days he was speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Get that in

Way to go!
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:13pm On Oct 05, 2017
akoko11:

May God have mercy on u.

Christ is risen no doubt about that

Amen! cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
Horus:

Where are the bones of your Jesus ?

He's not here, He's risen! cheesy

Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The early believers met on the first day of the week. See 1 Corinthians 16:1-2.
Nowhere here does it state that they gathered to keep the sabbath day.They were told to store up things by them selves .In store,literally means treasuring up,probably in some special place in the house.

Pls read luke 23 v 53 to Luke 24 v 1.it clearly states that after the Sabbath day,the following day,d first day of d week Jesus arose.We all celebrate easter good Friday and resurrection Sunday.So,its quite clear which day is d sabbath day
Jesus kept the Sabbath Luke 4 v 16,d disciples kept the Sabbath,acts 18 v 3 to 4, Hebrews 4 v 9

The question u should be asking is how come it was changed from the right day to Sunday because God said a power changed it.Daniel 7 v 25.

I will be glad to study further with you on this if you wish to know more
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by Butterworth: 8:37am On Oct 06, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Quoting the Bible as evidence is similar as saying that you should look inside the White House for the evidence that Trump lives there.

Trump is an American president known to all, you don't need to look into the White house for an evidence.

Everyone knows that Trump and others before him discharges MOST of their ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES at the WHITE HOUSE.
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by Glycosunde: 2:49pm On Apr 21, 2019
Through out history, there have been doubters and heresies but that won't change d fact dat Jesus Christ is d lord and he is risen. D prophets n men of
God of old prophesied about his coming, d death and resurrection. So believing it or not won't change d truth to lie. If Thomas who was one of d 12 disciples could doubt wen he was told by d rest disciples of Jesus, I won't blame any1 today who don't believe. My only prayer is that those unbelievers will have personal encounter with Jesus as Thomas and Paul did.
Re: 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:09am On May 04, 2019
Glycosunde:

Through out history, there have been doubters and heresies but that won't change d fact dat Jesus Christ is d lord and he is risen. D prophets n men of
God of old prophesied about his coming, d death and resurrection. So believing it or not won't change d truth to lie. If Thomas who was one of d 12 disciples could doubt wen he was told by d rest disciples of Jesus, I won't blame any1 today who don't believe. My only prayer is that those unbelievers will have personal encounter with Jesus as Thomas and Paul did.

Amen!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Trip Down Memory Lane: My Book Of Bible Stories / The Misinterpretation Of The Palm Sunday / Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.