Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,266 members, 7,829,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Why Would You Lie About Your Age? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Would You Lie About Your Age? (1729 Views)

Why Do Most Ladies Lie About How They Were Disvirgined To Their Boyfriends? / Reasons Why Guys Lie About Being Single / Why Ladies Always Lie About The Number Of Men They've Slept With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by nastiptop(f): 9:02pm On Dec 31, 2009
I have been on NAIRALAND on and off for awhile now, and I recently had an experience that leaves me confused. I met a man (Lawyer) who, in his profile, stated his age to be 54. Upon meeting, he told me he was 56. He asked me out and when I questioned him as to why he had lied about his age on his profile he told me he was actually 57. So he lied to me twice. He said it is vanity and the fact that he wants to attract a younger women. What he in fact did, was not allow me to make a decision based on true facts. In his profile he states very clearly he is honest. What are people so dishonest? I am losing faith,

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this and respond - I appreciate it!
Re: Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by Moyola(f): 9:04pm On Dec 31, 2009
If itz worth it. . .then yeah! tongue
Re: Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by hermosa(f): 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2009
sweetie, he probs is honest but just shy about his age. my friend's bf is like late 40ies too, we think, he hasn't told us his age but he didn't lie about it, what i'm sayin is he could still b honest but just shy bout his age. just judge on how he acts from now on, k?
Re: Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 31, 2009
Because it's a legacy from the british colonial civil service.
Re: Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by Blazay(m): 9:39pm On Dec 31, 2009
Yes. Who wants to get old? angry
Re: Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 31, 2009
No, I wouldn't lie about my age.
Re: Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by Mannylex(m): 9:57pm On Dec 31, 2009
cos it's in the Nigerian blood, and nothing can be done about it.
Re: Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by cantell(m): 10:02pm On Dec 31, 2009
Sometimes i'd like to be younger while sometimes older. It depends on the situation.
Doesn't make me a liar though. If you truly want to know, i would gladly say.
Re: Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by Shooter: 11:15pm On Dec 31, 2009
I am 15 & I love ya kiss
Re: Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 31, 2009
Mannylex:

cos it's in the Nigerian blood, and nothing can be done about it.

Dishonesty's in the Nigerian blood?

Please, speak for yourself! I'm Nigerian, and see no need to lie about my age!
Re: Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by safeact(m): 11:36pm On Dec 31, 2009
Ladies lie more abt their age than men. And they want 2 reduce their age,they do it 5x lesser.y poster?
Re: Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by chiogo(f): 11:40pm On Dec 31, 2009
Na wa oo. On the internet, it's no biggie that people put the wrong age or no age at all. C'mon, it's the internet.

But once you two became close, one would expect that he would tell you his real age. Anywayz, 57?? undecided
Re: Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by freecocoa(f): 11:44pm On Dec 31, 2009
@ poster,u shld even be happy he tld u smthng close 2 his age,wat if he had told u he was 45?no 1 wants 2 be cald old ds days so dnt blame d man jor.i wnt lie abt my age cos i dnt c any big deal in sayin how old i am.
Re: Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by Kunbee: 1:42am On Jan 01, 2010
I dont lie about my age cool
Re: Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by puskin: 1:54am On Jan 01, 2010
Age is but a number, so no biggie about it.
Re: Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by yme1(f): 4:18am On Jan 01, 2010
puskin:

Age is but a number, so no biggie about it.
gbam

@post
dont mind the body but the engine grin
Re: Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by Mannylex(m): 4:52am On Jan 01, 2010
@Siena, i personally won't lie about my age, cos i don't see any reason why I should. What I meant by "it's in the Nigerian blood" is that age cheating has become part and parcel of almost every sector in the country, even at a tender age, children are already being taught how to lie about their age for instance, a visitor comes to the house and sees a child, and say hey! You're now a big boy how old are u the child who is 7 year old would recieve a signal by the mum to say 5 and then says i'm 5 year old, don't you think it's almost definitely possible that the child would keep on lying about his age till adulthood. In the educational sector, some people who weren't privileged to finish secondary school at the age of 16, would go to court and swear affidavit, that their birth certificate was burnt, some would go as far as forging birth certificate, thanks to those who carry along the road selling it, then an adult goes and buy it and fills the form, I guess they wanna be born again. In the area of sports, u can see it for urself, 25year olds and above playing for U-17. In the Banking sector, or let me say in the area of jobs, you'll see a 30 year old claiming to be 22, so as not to resign as the mandatory 65year. I'm not in support of it, and I won't lie about my age for any reason, but what i'm saying is lying of one's age has eaten deep in the Nigerian environment, just as termite eats deep in the wood.
Re: Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by LordReed(m): 8:31am On Jan 01, 2010
For someone in a romantic relationship it's not kool at all.
Re: Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by Odunnu: 10:13am On Jan 01, 2010
Aint gud 4any reason at all.
Re: Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by Jaylone(m): 10:40am On Jan 01, 2010
Relationship or no relationship, lying is not good

1. It reduces your self worth
2. You have to keep lying about your age in order to cover up the first lie and so on
Re: Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 01, 2010
Mannylex:

@Siena, i personally won't lie about my age, cos i don't see any reason why I should. What I meant by "it's in the Nigerian blood" is that age cheating has become part and parcel of almost every sector in the country, even at a tender age, children are already being taught how to lie about their age for instance, a visitor comes to the house and sees a child, and say hey! You're now a big boy how old are u the child who is 7 year old would recieve a signal by the mum to say 5 and then says i'm 5 year old, don't you think it's almost definitely possible that the child would keep on lying about his age till adulthood. In the educational sector, some people who weren't privileged to finish secondary school at the age of 16, would go to court and swear affidavit, that their birth certificate was burnt, some would go as far as forging birth certificate, thanks to those who carry along the road selling it, then an adult goes and buy it and fills the form, I guess they wanna be born again. In the area of sports, u can see it for urself, 25year olds and above playing for U-17. In the Banking sector, or let me say in the area of jobs, you'll see a 30 year old claiming to be 22, so as not to resign as the mandatory 65year. I'm not in support of it, and I won't lie about my age for any reason, but what i'm saying is lying of one's age has eaten deep in the Nigerian environment, just as termite eats deep in the wood.

Got ya.
Re: Why Would You Lie About Your Age? by DakANGEL(f): 11:03am On Jan 01, 2010
i cant lie about my age but i notice that a lot of girls normally do that. guys will claim to be older while the ladies will be claiming to be younger.

(1) (Reply)

Marry Some1 That Luvs U More Dan U Luv Him Or Some1 U Luv More Dan He Luvs U? / Most Members Of Nairaland Don't Even Know What Is Romance / What Are Some Deal Breaker Questions You've Encountered With opposite gender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.