Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,183 members, 7,811,464 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC (34110 Views)

400 Public Servants Under Investigation Over Ownership Of Property In Abuja / Abdulrasheed Maina's Mansions Seized By EFCC (Photos) / Efcc’s Lagos Found Billions: Amaechi, Fayose’s Aides Fight Over Ownership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by deolu2000(m): 1:56pm On Apr 15, 2017
seguno2:

Do you know why Buhari is pushing the very incompetent Magu to be confirmed as EFCC Chairman despite his corruption charges?
Is it not a sign that Buhari is also incompetent even on fighting corruption?
seriously, wth d way efcc go abt their cases, i don't see them getting a single conviction going by their anticidents.

2 Likes

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by louwie(m): 2:21pm On Apr 15, 2017
mcgaius:

This is the most senseless comment I have read on nairaland. What has the looted fund got to do with eastern Nigeria?GEJ,AMECHI,muazu,NIA boss and all the people mentioned has nothing to do with eastern Nigeria

Slow down dear, He said Eastern Niger Company not Eastern Nigeria.
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by louwie(m): 2:28pm On Apr 15, 2017
Pennywise:
What a shame. Rivers state doesn't have a governor. just a small rat talking nonsense

Someone is laying claim to an unclaimed money, asking the president to commission an inquiry, says he is ready to come and prove his claim when called upon and you call such man a rat ?

It doesn't show smartness; not yet, wait until FG commissions an inquiry and he (wike) can not prove his claim or when FG/EFCC releases a statement with convincing evidence stating who the true owner of the fund is.

Don't be penny wise pound foolish

Thanks
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by louwie(m): 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2017
[quote author=Ijuye post=55585766][/quote]

Are you comfortable with the contents of that picture.

Amaechi being likened to Mugabe ?
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Banbasil: 2:43pm On Apr 15, 2017
This episode is becoming more interesting. I am sure the end of this film will either strengthen anti-corruption war or end it prematurely. The latter will be too bad.
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by louwie(m): 2:44pm On Apr 15, 2017
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by kitaatita: 2:56pm On Apr 15, 2017
louwie:

... ..In an interview with SaharaReporters, Mr. Amaechi, who is Nigeria’s current Minister of Transportation, said he had no connection whatsoever with the apartment or the money. He added that he does not own any apartment or house in Lagos, stating that his only property in Nigeria was in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital city.http://saharareporters.com/2017/04/13/nigeria%E2%80%99s-intelligence-agency-former-gov-amaechi-dismiss-reports-linking-them-50m-cash

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by AbelDjassi: 3:08pm On Apr 15, 2017
kitaatita:

... ..In an interview with SaharaReporters, Mr. Amaechi, who is Nigeria’s current Minister of Transportation, said he had no connection whatsoever with the apartment or the money. He added that he does not own any apartment or house in Lagos, stating that his only property in Nigeria was in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital city.http://saharareporters.com/2017/04/13/nigeria%E2%80%99s-intelligence-agency-former-gov-amaechi-dismiss-reports-linking-them-50m-cash

This is from ThisDay, a newspaper that is far from an APC mouthpiece.

A source with knowledge of the ownership of Apartment 7B, in which the money was kept, said it was initially bought by Bishop Dale Investment Limited, but later sold to Chobe Ventures Limited, the current owner of the flat. At the time the cash discovery was made, the flat was unoccupied, THISDAY confirmed.
Source: https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/04/14/efcc-gets-court-order-to-seize-43-6m-belonging-to-sister-security-agency

Now if the source quoted above is correct, here is a question; how does Amaechi get to register an on-going concern using a Victoria Island address, back in 1991 - at a time when he had not even cut his teeth in party politics yet?

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by ocelot2006(m): 3:11pm On Apr 15, 2017
seguno2:

NIA already denied ownership of the money. Even their DG denied it.

https://www.nairaland.com/3740739/national-intelligence-agency-nia-denies

So why do you repeat your probability story?
Are you trying to confuse us or what?

Im just reading that report for the first time. Besides, i used the world "PROBABLY" in my post.
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by miltonchux(m): 3:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
southniyikaye:
Wike said if the money is returned,it will be project galore.
He is surely high on some weed and burukutu.
How many projects has he executed?
They way he is even claiming the money is funny.very silly way of claiming money.

When last did u visit river state. Just because of your hatred for wike, you just post whatever you like.
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by louwie(m): 3:41pm On Apr 15, 2017
kitaatita:

Yes dear, saw it mins ago, had to check it online before now hence i already modified my comment.

Thanks.
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 15, 2017
Mod why was my last post deleted? You can easily delete my post but you allow same guy to run around NL insulting people and got away with it. Mod if you also are working for BMC you should let it be known.

It will only be fair if you also delete his comments as well.
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by koboko69: 4:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
woodcook:
Mod why was my last post deleted? You can easily delete my post but you allow same guy to run around NL insulting people and got away with it. Mod if you also are working for BMC you should let it be known.

It will only be fair if you also delete his comments as well.

How market? Can u still post? wink cheesy
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Splashme: 4:32pm On Apr 15, 2017
hobermener:
Recall that ameachi's response to the allegations leveled against him was retorting to insults and tantrums like a guilty child. Wike sounds more convincing, and is willing to tow the path of hard and incontrovertible evidence in order to reclaim the looted funds for the good people of rivers state. Ameachi is a criminal known to all, even the commander in chief, but he's also know to be one of the untouchables grin in an anti corruption government headed by the certificateless king of dullards himself.
And the effc can continue in this excessive display of stupidity and ludicrous charade of displaying "recovered funds", endless trials and baseless allegations all over the media, while the infinitely gullible masses watch with reverent awe.
The destructive deeds being currently perpetuated by this demonic government will take millions of years to be undone!!!!
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
koboko69:

How market? Can u still post? wink cheesy

You and mod dey gang up abi? grin grin
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by talk2emma: 5:39pm On Apr 15, 2017
Saint amaechi

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by ReubenE(m): 5:46pm On Apr 15, 2017
ocelot2006:

It's probably NIA's money. Frankly if i was the DG i probably would have instructed the operatives there to resist the EFCC team who stormed the safe house. Those clowns wouldnt have done jack if the same facility was manned by either DSS agents or the Army. I guess the Agency did not want the drama. But this is a major embsrrasment on the part of the EFCC.
If truly the money belongs to NIA, then allowing the EFCC to invade that facility is a major national security breach.

If the NIA cannot contain an internal issue like this, how much more an external threat?
If proven to be TRUE, this is another nail to the incompetence of this APC led administration.

It appears the Commander-in-Chief is not getting real time updates on the activities of his subordinates.
The country is now in a free for all...
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by edupedia: 2:14am On Apr 16, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
If the money belongs to amaechi, he should come and explain how he made so much money and why he didn't put it in the bank like pej.
Then subjected to jungle justice afterwards. No time to support any corrupt bastard.

Its funny how the pdp internet boiz and wailing destroyer now believe efcc found money because amaechi is involved (one ediot is even asking how efcc got the key to the drawer), same way they told chibok is a scam then turn around and abuse buhari for not finding the so called scam.
Those people are the biggest hypocritical bastards I have seen in my life.

....the same crooks said Buhari was dead and that Aso Rock was hiding the info...the amount involved this time has shocked Nigerians so they have decided to use gburugburu to confuse everyone...but will they succeed?....na lie they won't....ever!... idiots...
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Pennywise(m): 6:29am On Apr 16, 2017
louwie:

Someone is laying claim to an unclaimed money, asking the president to commission an inquiry, says he is ready to come and prove his claim when called upon and you call such man a rat ?

It doesn't show smartness; not yet, wait until FG commissions an inquiry and he (wike) can not prove his claim or when FG/EFCC releases a statement with convincing evidence stating who the true owner of the fund is.

Don't be penny wise pound foolish

Thanks

If Wkie has proof, he would have laid it bare at the same press conference.

He doesn't. Rather he diverts attention from a serious national matter to a personal squabble.

You all have been ruled by rascals and ragamuffins for so long that u are ignorant between cant and substance, between fakes and real. Wike is a fake.
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by louwie(m): 2:15pm On Apr 16, 2017
Pennywise:

If Wkie has proof, he would have laid it bare at the same press conference.

He doesn't. Rather he diverts attention from a serious national matter to a personal squabble.

You all have been ruled by rascals and ragamuffins for so long that u are ignorant between cant and substance, between fakes and real. Wike is a fake.

1. I agree with you friend, we do not have the best of leaders but what happened to "Fair Hearing" ?

2. Also, I do not think this is diversion, he is asking the government to get to the root of this issue and that i believe is what most Nigerians want.

3. Finally, you don't have any proof yourself that he's claim is false ? If you do, share with me.

4. In the absence of none, let's join Wike and demand that the govt sets up an inquiry so we can get to the root of this matter cause personally, i do not believe the NIA version or do you ?
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Pennywise(m): 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2017
louwie:

1. I agree with you friend, we do not have the best of leaders but what happened to "Fair Hearing" ?

2. Also, I do not think this is diversion, he is asking the government to get to the root of this issue and that i believe is what most Nigerians want.

3. Finally, you don't have any proof yourself that he's claim is false ? If you do, share with me.

4. In the absence of none, let's join Wike and demand that the govt sets up an inquiry so we can get to the root of this matter cause personally, i do not believe the NIA version or do you ?

No I dont. Its a boldface, shameless cover up and an insult to Nigerians that requires first, the head of the DG of NIA on a platter.

The emerging truth is that both the NIA and the DSS can be used at whim by people of questionable character to checkmate the EFCC.

It is unclear for whom in the executive the DG has chosen to be an errand boy all the speculations not withstanding.

While I concur there should be no sacred cow in the fight against corruption, the reality of our situation is that corruption has eaten so deep that should we remove it in one fell swoop the whole State could come crumbling down.

For those agitating for a commission of enquiry, to what end exactly? Opportunity for more mudslinging and distraction? For how long will they seat and what will it cost the tax payer? EFCC found the money, let them investigate.

A few scapegoats is what we need to fight this corruption and Nigerians will behave.
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by louwie(m): 7:14pm On Apr 16, 2017
Pennywise:

No I dont. Its a boldface, shameless cover up and an insult to Nigerians that requires first, the head of the DG of NIA on a platter.

The emerging truth is that both the NIA and the DSS can be used at whim by people of questionable character to checkmate the EFCC.

It is unclear for whom in the executive the DG has chosen to be an errand boy all the speculations not withstanding.

While I concur there should be no sacred cow in the fight against corruption, the reality of our situation is that corruption has eaten so deep that should we remove it in one fell swoop the whole State could come crumbling down.

For those agitating for a commission of enquiry, to what end exactly? Opportunity for more mudslinging and distraction? For how long will they seat and what will it cost the tax payer? EFCC found the money, let them investigate.

A few scapegoats is what we need to fight this corruption and Nigerians will behave.

Lol, you sound more pained than I am on the issue.

I totally agree with what you have said above. If Efcc can conduct a proper investigation and come up with a convincing result, Torh, no need for an inquiry !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki And Sahara Reporters Go Face-off On Twitter Over ‘stolen Millions’ / Oche Joseph Otorkpa Ordained By Pastor E.A Adeboye / Peter Obi Visits Scene Of The Fire Incident At Onitsha Market (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.