Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC (34104 Views)

400 Public Servants Under Investigation Over Ownership Of Property In Abuja / Abdulrasheed Maina's Mansions Seized By EFCC (Photos) / Efcc’s Lagos Found Billions: Amaechi, Fayose’s Aides Fight Over Ownership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Larasisi(f): 10:24am On Apr 15, 2017
Wike maintained that he would complete the monorail project if the Federal Government returned the $43m to Rivers State, adding that it would be “projects galore” in the state should the money be returned back to its original owner. Lwkmd Nigeria is a joke. How did we get to this juncture?

2 Likes

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by lozanni(m): 10:24am On Apr 15, 2017
southniyikaye:
Wike said if the money is returned,it will be project galore.
He is surely high on some weed and burukutu.
How many projects has he executed?
They way he is even claiming the money is funny.very silly way of claiming money.

grin Our politicians know how to provide comic relief to the financially stretched citizens.
One week it's about an alleged dubious University certificate, another week it's about different govt. Agencies and State Government laying claim to a supposedly looted fund. I wonder what next week will bring.
Meanwhile the real problems of unemployment, poverty, low installed capacity, lack of electric power supply and insecurity remain unattended to. I sometimes wonder if all these incidents are meant to divert the attention of the citizens from their current dismal plight.
Soon 2019 will be here and they will start disturbing the poor citizens to come out and vote again, but will it be a vote for continued suffering of the masses or liberation from poverty and want? The answer definitely lies in the belly of time.

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by kitaatita: 10:25am On Apr 15, 2017
seguno2:

So the NIA rented the apartment in the name of Amaechi and his girlfriend?
Interesting.
Why did NIA deny ownership of the money before making a U-turn?

https://www.nairaland.com/3740739/national-intelligence-agency-nia-denies
Are you sure that you are not Wike? You are too fixated with inanity. Who says that the flat belongs to Amaechi apart from you, Wike, Fayose and FFK. No proof; nothing. Names like Mrs Ogbue, Anenih, former PDP Chairman, etc were thrown up and discarded. But you are stuck on Amaechi because it is fanciful.
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Acidosis(m): 10:25am On Apr 15, 2017
I have always known Buhari as the most corruptible hypocrite on earth.

This money would surely be relooted by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by SalamRushdie: 10:28am On Apr 15, 2017
woodcook:
FG should look for a better story and stop saying that the money belong to NIA

How can NIA with the scope of their job had no idea that one of their stash houses would be raided? What kind of stupid intelligence have they been gathering if they can't even keep their stash house secret?

With their scope and so called sophitication the best place they could find to stash money was Ameachi rendezvous flat in Ikoyi

2 Likes

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Schwartz: 10:31am On Apr 15, 2017
wizzywisdom:
As everyone rejected the "lost but found" $43m ikoyi house money, I have decide to claimed it. The money is mind, I misplaced it in that apartment!!!
Stop it o angry the money is mine.

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Ijuye: 10:32am On Apr 15, 2017

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by ephi123(f): 10:40am On Apr 15, 2017
seguno2:

Do you have a problem with reading?
Or do you have a problem with understanding what you have read?

Abeg, don't be lazy. Read and understand to protect yourself from scammers and propagandists.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by AngelicBeing: 10:43am On Apr 15, 2017
Acidosis:
I have always known Buhari as the most corruptible hypocrite on earth.

This money would surely be relooted by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Saxokez(m): 10:46am On Apr 15, 2017
iz the money for state or for wike . honestly" I am not understanding". our leaders wicked o. so state money no dey stay for bank again.
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by ogahug: 10:50am On Apr 15, 2017
greatgod2012:
Honestly, this Nigeria should be called "home of comedy" and our leaders are the comedians!

Imagine, NIA, National Intelligence Agency, claiming they're the owner of that money, an intelligence agency that wasn't intelligent enough that such huge money shouldn't be kept in a politician's apartment and also not intelligent enough to know that EFCC can storm into such apartment anytime!

As for Wike, he might be right, because Ameachi has been mentioned as one of the prime suspects, and as we all know, he's the immediate past governor of Rivers state, so, it's possible that money belongs to Rivers state, however, the way and manner Wike is claiming that money is totally wrong!

Our politicians have finished this country! All of them, no exception, be it in PDP or APC...... all of them!
You nailed it Bro. Nigeria is a theatre of drama. Little wonder, Nollywood is making waves in the world. "Now, get set ACTION. Don't cut it." May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by lexy2014: 10:51am On Apr 15, 2017
schoolmaster:
i wonder why is taking efcc so long tracing and naming d owner of this money. or atleast tell Nigerians the owner of d apartment d money was found.
because this whole thing is one huge circus show.its all a set up by d govt of d day 2 show that it is fighting corruption. in d 3 seizures reported, d efcc can't tell us d owners of d cash when d cash wasn't found in d bush or along d road.efcc is a disgrace

2 Likes

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by MurphyTheory99(m): 10:54am On Apr 15, 2017
See talk o. Before you start any project didn't they do any projection or budgeting of where the funds to start and finish the project would come from. It simply means that even the money meant for these unfinished projects have been eating too!!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by lozanni(m): 10:54am On Apr 15, 2017
kudosamass:
TELL THAT TO THE MARINES!
If this money actually belonged to the NIA's covert operations, there is no way even a hundred EFCC operatives would be allowed to have had access to it. Those who understand how such intelligence agencies work will agree with me that the Agency would rather kill the whole EFCC operatives for National Security than allow its Maximum Classified Operations to be busted. Secondly, who is the whistle blower? An NIA Agent? How come a supposed highly classified Operation got leaked? That means NIA has failed. It has jeopardized National Security.
My advice is that NIA as a Professional Organization should not allow itself to be used by the politicians. The story does not add up & can never add up.

God bless you my brother. Your thoughts are exactly my own. I felt with such heavy financial resources at the NIA'S disposal, it could have built a big house in a discreet location where it could store it's money and other classified documents and not store their funds in a high brow conspicuous place.
I Hope the NIA is not fronting for someone.

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by jaxxy(m): 11:01am On Apr 15, 2017
Im going to be unbiased here, the NIA story is an obvious cover up. Cos if such covert operation ever existed d president wud hv been briefed b4 now and not just wen d money ws been exposed. We want the authentic story bt it seems the truth might be too biiter to handle in this case. I can understand dat fact if so. Lol

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Splashme: 11:07am On Apr 15, 2017
woodcook:
FG should look for a better story and stop saying that the money belong to NIA

How can NIA with the scope of their job had no idea that one of their stash houses would be raided? What kind of stupid intelligence have they been gathering if they can't even keep their stash house secret?

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by ocelot2006(m): 11:07am On Apr 15, 2017
southniyikaye:
They way he is even claiming the money is funny.very silly way of claiming money.

Why dont you head down to Rivers State and find out yourself? Hell, the governor's nickname is "Mr. Projects"!
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Aburi001: 11:08am On Apr 15, 2017
southniyikaye:
Wike is a lousy Parrot. He talks before he thinks.
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by ocelot2006(m): 11:10am On Apr 15, 2017
greatgod2012:
Honestly, this Nigeria should be called "home of comedy" and our leaders are the comedians!

Imagine, NIA, National Intelligence Agency, claiming they're the owner of that money, an intelligence agency that wasn't intelligent enough that such huge money shouldn't be kept in a politician's apartment and also not intelligent enough to know that EFCC can storm into such apartment anytime!

As for Wike, he might be right, because Ameachi has been mentioned as one of the prime suspects, and as we all know, he's the immediate past governor of Rivers state, so, it's possible that money belongs to Rivers state, however, the way and manner Wike is claiming that money is totally wrong!

Our politicians have finished this country! All of them, no exception, be it in PDP or APC...... all of them!

Ever heard the term "SAFE HOUSE" before?

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Flow23(m): 11:11am On Apr 15, 2017
If Sahara Reporters' report that Rotimi Amaechi already denied linkage to the cash and building is anything to go by then the FG should know the next line of action.
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by ocelot2006(m): 11:16am On Apr 15, 2017
ReubenE:

There is absolutely no reason for the EFCC to trace the owner(s) of the said money, because they already know the source of the money.

EFCC is only playing the deaf man dance in order to reconcile figures, do some paper works, and perfect a clever response that will make Nigerians look the other way.

The NIA story they released, the people are not buying it. The NIA is at the top of the security ladder, hence cannot be disgraced publicly by the EFCC.
NIA money in Ikoyi... There is something the government is not telling us.

It's probably NIA's money. Frankly if i was the DG i probably would have instructed the operatives there to resist the EFCC team who stormed the safe house. Those clowns wouldnt have done jack if the same facility was manned by either DSS agents or the Army. I guess the Agency did not want the drama. But this is a major embsrrasment on the part of the EFCC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by ocelot2006(m): 11:22am On Apr 15, 2017
kudosamass:
TELL THAT TO THE MARINES!
If this money actually belonged to the NIA's covert operations, there is no way even a hundred EFCC operatives would be allowed to have had access to it. Those who understand how such intelligence agencies work will agree with me that the Agency would rather kill the whole EFCC operatives for National Security than allow its Maximum Classified Operations to be busted. Secondly, who is the whistle blower? An NIA Agent? How come a supposed highly classified Operation got leaked? That means NIA has failed. It has jeopardized National Security.
My advice is that NIA as a Professional Organization should not allow itself to be used by the politicians. The story does not add up & can never add up.

Well, there's sense in what you've said. Said funds couldve even been stored at NIA HQ. Still the whole idea behind Safe Houses is that they're discreet locations hidden in plain view among other public/private houses. Thats probably the reason why it wasnt heavily guarded so as not to blow its cover.
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Ovamboland(m): 11:32am On Apr 15, 2017
signz:
BMC and Sahara reporters have been trying to pin this money on GEJ and PDP. Unfortunately for them the money has been traced to be owned by one of their masters in APC.

What more evidence do we need before we know that there's no fight against corruption going on under the administration of "messiah" Buhari. This is the final burial of anti corruption fight under Buhari.

Nigerians don't be deceived by BMC agents on Nairaland. The Ikoyi money is owned by a chieftain of APC.

Meanwhile, Magu is going. He'll be used as scape goat. He has shown he's more incompetent than we even imagined.

Your types are known exist, your utmost desire is for the anti corruption war to fail so your paymasters or favourite crook can keep their loot. More of your type in a population leads to assured failure of that society
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 11:44am On Apr 15, 2017
30 Billion 4 d akant o
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by deolu2000(m): 12:48pm On Apr 15, 2017
seguno2:

The same NIA that initially denied the money?

Are you guys not taking this joke too far?
according to the news on vanguard newspaper, NIA has officially briefed the president, so what else should they have done? EFCC are the ones that always blow their own horns. They could have hv easily done d right investigation b4 they ran straight to their appex court,"the media". What a shame of an agency.
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 15, 2017
blackboy:
If we say Wike's claim to the money is lame NIA's claim to the money is unacceptable.

I believe they should have offices across the country. If an office has money should it not be lodged in a bank or kept in a safe in the office.

The initial report said a woman was said to be always bringing in bags believed to be clothes to the house.

If truly NIA owns the money it means that's an agency of govt that has been embezzling funds for its operation

They said the woman was former NNPC staff. Nigeria and her politicians/leaders have hijacked jokes from AY and others.
Trust you me, Ending of this month these APC looters will come up with one useless thing to divert attention from these monies.
Atlases PDP used to invested their loots back to the markets, but this APC looters are the worst politicians and party ever in the history of corrupt country. They refused to investing their loots to the markets. Making cost of living more than the word "higher".

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by seguno2: 12:57pm On Apr 15, 2017
deolu2000:

according to the news on vanguard newspaper, NIA has officially briefed the president, so what else should they have done? EFCC are the ones that always blow their own horns. They could have hv easily done d right investigation b4 they ran straight to their appex court,"the media". What a shame of an agency.

Do you know why Buhari is pushing the very incompetent Magu to be confirmed as EFCC Chairman despite his corruption charges?
Is it not a sign that Buhari is also incompetent even on fighting corruption?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 15, 2017
koboko69:

Even FBI and CIA sade houses are raided time to time by enemies including drug lords and the Mafia and secrete agents killed. So shut up if u have nothing reasonable to say.

I can see that you can(t differentiate between movies and real life. Stop being an idiot and never again in your miserable life ask me to shut up again. If you have a different opinion you better say it without being rude, or else you won't like what hit you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by seguno2: 1:25pm On Apr 15, 2017
ocelot2006:
It's probably NIA's money. Frankly if i was the DG i probably would have instructed the operatives there to resist the EFCC team who stormed the safe house. Those clowns wouldnt have done jack if the same facility was manned by either DSS agents or the Army. I guess the Agency did not want the drama. But this is a major embsrrasment on the part of the EFCC.

NIA already denied ownership of the money. Even their DG denied it.

So why do you repeat your probability story?
Are you trying to confuse us or what?

1 Like

Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by edupedia: 1:37pm On Apr 15, 2017
Saheed9:
ameachi has been very silent about this, I'm suspecting

....spend more time to read news to stop deceiving yourself....
Re: Wike, NIA Fight Over Ownership Of N13bn Seized By EFCC by koboko69: 1:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
woodcook:

I can see that you can(t differentiate between movies and real life. Stop being an idiot and never again in your miserable life ask me to shut up again. If you have a different opinion you better say it without being rude, or else you won't like what hit you.

Really? Just movies?

U are sure u ok?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Onitsha Launches New Community Vigilante Unit (Photos) / Killings In Southern Kaduna: (Video Documentary By David Hundeyin) / Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.