Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor (28436 Views)

Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% / Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by TeGaTeGa1(m): 9:32am On Apr 15, 2017
EFCC oooooooooooooo

3 Likes

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by hprizon(m): 9:32am On Apr 15, 2017
n church business sure pass now ooo
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by eneez(m): 9:33am On Apr 15, 2017
my monthly tithe will be greater than that ijn.
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by oglalasioux(m): 9:33am On Apr 15, 2017
A thieving politician hoping to have immunity from God.

We've always known God needs money badly because he's got renovations to do in heaven so the tither will definitely be shielded.

How do we even think churches make their billions? Here it is.
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Horleey: 9:33am On Apr 15, 2017
gbegemaster:
Whistle blowing money?
Not necessarily whistle blowing money!!! God still blesses His people, and d donor deem it fit to obey God`s commandment on tithing. Bt I raised an eyebrow @ d pastor for initially denying d money...

2 Likes

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Tenim47(m): 9:33am On Apr 15, 2017
ex senate president state cool
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by anataala: 9:34am On Apr 15, 2017
proceed of corruption.
RapportNaija:
Church in Makurdi Receives N42 Million Tithe from a Donor Who Requested To Remain Anonymous

A tithe donor whose identity has been made anonymous by a local church, NKST Church, ‘Non go Kristu U Sudan hen Tiv’ (which means, the Church of Christ Amongst the Tiv) in Makurdi, Benue State, shocked church members when they offered N42 million to the church as a tithe. The tithe was reportedly paid into the church’s UBA bank account.

When some church members heard of the tithe, they told other members of the church of who got annoyed that the church got such donation while their salaries hadn't been paid by the Government for many months.

The main reason residents got aggravated by the tithe was because they believed the donor was a government official.

The resident pastor of the church, Dr Frederick Ikyaan, initially denied that such money was credited into the Church's account.

However, a copy of the church’s quarterly financial report, from January 2017 to March 2017, revealed the credit of N42 million tithes to the church in January 2017. This makes the donation the highest single offering from an individual for the quarter.

After the financial report was shown, Pastor Dr Frederick Ikyaan admitted that they received the donation, adding that his initial denial was based on the allegations that the donor was an appointee of the Benue State Government.

http://www.rapportnaija.com/2017/04/church-in-makurdi-receives-n42-million.html
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 15, 2017
Our leaders are greedy and wicked. They see good things abroad and refuse to make here good but prefer to be greedy.
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Lucky1981: 9:37am On Apr 15, 2017
So tempting but the pastor should try all he could to locate the person because of any eventualities.
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by SalamRushdie: 9:40am On Apr 15, 2017
EFCC needs to visit that church
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by gbegemaster(m): 9:42am On Apr 15, 2017
Horleey:

Not necessarily whistle blowing money!!! God still blesses His people, and d donor deem it fit to obey God`s commandment on tithing. Bt I raised an eyebrow @ d pastor for initially denying d money...
lol

3 Likes

Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by ShootToKill: 9:42am On Apr 15, 2017
I suspect Micheal Aondoakaa the fattened, corrupt, Bribe-swallowing former Minister of Justice struck a deal with the pastor to hide the money in there in form of 'tithe'.

The guy was a terribly corrupt looter who sold Justice to the highest bidder, he decamped into APC the same day Buhari was declared winner of the elections in 2015 in order to become a 'saint'.
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Otradearena: 9:49am On Apr 15, 2017
Buy and Sell for FREE anywhere in Nigeria with Open Trade Arena Classified website http://www.otradearena.com. It 100% FREE & RELIABLE.
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by ayindejimmy(m): 10:00am On Apr 15, 2017
Pastor lying because of money
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by AlphaStyles(m): 10:02am On Apr 15, 2017
420m for tithe. hmm I wan go open church o
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by purplekayc(m): 10:03am On Apr 15, 2017
And the population is staying quiet
grin

Turks:
Nigeria isn't broke

Nigerians are just greedy.
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Austin234(m): 10:24am On Apr 15, 2017
Theres something gloomy about this 42 million naira tithe. First, the pastor denied it. Secondly, the donor was anonymous. Thirdly, the congregation picked offense on the huge sum involved.

My conclusion, believe those crab above @ ur risk. There are untold truth on the whole gist
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Entom(m): 10:26am On Apr 15, 2017
President might be interested in the
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Basfaq(m): 10:30am On Apr 15, 2017
It may be the person want to hide that money in to the church account that is why the pastor first denied the payment but when it bummeranged baba condoled. Nigerians are very smart. grin.It's now that I understand Obasanjo grin
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 10:30am On Apr 15, 2017
I hope it's not another tactic of hiding squandered public wealth, pastors wit fraud are like
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by orjisblog(m): 10:33am On Apr 15, 2017
mmmmmm I go blow whistle ooooo
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 15, 2017
I am thinking looted money.
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Mayflowa(m): 10:33am On Apr 15, 2017
fatdick:
There is nothing wrong in giving a tithe to the church. What is wrong in this story is the part where the pastor initially lied about receiving the tithe in the first place. That is a big sin.

But wait ooo.....42 million naira X 10 = 420 million shocked
And you expect make the church members no vex......knowing that the tithe may not even be used to cater for their welfare.

E be like say na Whistle blower pay him tithe grin 2.5% of 19 billion = 475million. Go figure grin

Over to those of you who believe in paying tithe

I just want to clarify how whistle blower's money is calculated:

5% on the first billion. 4% on the 2nd to 5th billion. 2.5% thereafter. I don't want you to discourage whistle blowing intendees by lowering their incentives.
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Abdul3391(m): 10:34am On Apr 15, 2017
this is impressive. lesson learnt
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Markikus: 10:45am On Apr 15, 2017
Oghene! Where is my whistle?
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by legibow: 10:45am On Apr 15, 2017
Wonderful, I need to open my own church
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by luvmijeje(f): 10:52am On Apr 15, 2017
May una no go rob church o.
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Pain(m): 10:53am On Apr 15, 2017
MONEY LAUNDERING DETECTED. OVER TO EFCC!!!!
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by TinaAnita(f): 10:57am On Apr 15, 2017
At least the tither is not a ghost. The pastor knows better. Pastor don hammer
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by augustov1(m): 11:07am On Apr 15, 2017
I think pastor should get more knowledge on money matters and money laundering to avoid some embarrassment...
Re: Makurdi Church Receives N42Million Tithe From An Anonymous Donor by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 15, 2017
`

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have You Noticed All The Women Accusing Suleiman Are Into Acting/showbiz? / Why Do Most Churches Make It Mandatory For Women To Cover Their Hair In Church? / How My Friend Was Brutalised By Winners Chapel Officials In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.