Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,576 members, 7,837,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

ASK GAZZUZZ - Autos (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ASK GAZZUZZ (618330 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey / Gazzuzz Inspected Vehicles (lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (408) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:24pm On Mar 25, 2019
CityNGR:

The QX4 and Pathfinder are not offroaders.. Nay!! Xterra yes!. Well as an average salary earner I think he should be very aware of the costs of fuelling.... Purchase costs maybe negligible

They're definitely better than the Highlander and Rav4, though. Pathfinder and QX are built on the same platform as the Xterra, while the Highlander is...an elevated Camry.

I'm completely different leagues.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by CityNGR: 7:27pm On Mar 25, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

They're definitely better than the Highlander and Rav4, though. Pathfinder and QX are built on the same platform as the Xterra, while the Highlander is...an elevated Camry.

For an average salary earner a suspension repair bill on either the pathfinder or qx4. will wipe away his income... In addition to fuel costs. Methinks a Peugeot might do the trick if there are no mansized potholes on his way
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by double3(m): 7:30pm On Mar 25, 2019
jjohndoe83:
Good evening Gazzuzz
I need your opinion, I drive a 2003 Toyota Camry. I bought it Naija used and returned the thermostat and fan to how it should work. After this, I noticed that the fluid ij the radiator dries up fast and the engine oil has to be topped up.

What can I do? I am considering returning it to operate as a cold engine. Is this advisable? Thanks in anticipation.

Cc:
Timifakay
Kingreign
The entire cartalk gurus.
Did this anomaly begin immediately after u reverted ur cooling system to factory configuration??
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by jjohndoe83: 7:33pm On Mar 25, 2019
double3:

Did this anomaly begin immediately after u reverted ur cooling system to factory configuration??
Yes
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:35pm On Mar 25, 2019
aaronson:
i have an idea of the location of your shop, Do you open on Saturday?

Monday-fri 9am-6pm.

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:38pm On Mar 25, 2019
jjohndoe83:
Good evening Gazzuzz
I need your opinion, I drive a 2003 Toyota Camry. I bought it Naija used and returned the thermostat and fan to how it should work. After this, I noticed that the fluid ij the radiator dries up fast and the engine oil has to be topped up.

What can I do? I am considering returning it to operate as a cold engine. Is this advisable? Thanks in anticipation.

Cc:
Timifakay
Kingreign
The entire cartalk gurus.

possible leaks on cooling system.

Confirmed oil burn.

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Newbreed2018: 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2019
double3:

That's a very very poor milage, about 13mpg from my calculation.u definitely need to work on ur ride bro, see a mech asap.
Did a journey today from enugu to sagamu and I used just 6k fuel. (Without AC frm enugu to asaba, with Ac frm asaba to sagamu)09 corolla though.
wow! Amazing! but that's a corolla na...very economical.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by adejide2: 8:25pm On Mar 25, 2019
kingreign:

A 4runner or Pathfinder is the best bet. If you're buying a pathfinder, please, make it a 2001-2004 model. You can also look at the QX4 or a 2001-2004 Xterra.
Cheers!
Thank you for response, but you specify the year of 4runner as that of pathfinder.
Also out of the two which one will you recommend base on ease of maintenance.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by kingreign(m): 8:43pm On Mar 25, 2019
adejide2:

Thank you for response, but you specify the year of 4runner as that of pathfinder.
Also out of the two which one will you recommend base on ease of maintenance.

Any year 4runner from the first generation till 2019 model is okay. grin

Those are thoroughbred trucks meant for off-road, nothing is easy to maintain, however, they'll not break your back.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by radautoworks: 9:50pm On Mar 25, 2019
CityNGR:

If you're an average salary earner....factor in fuelling costs. All above are gas guzzlers.

I'm sorry but what is an "average" salary earned in this country..
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by CityNGR: 9:54pm On Mar 25, 2019
radautoworks:

I'm sorry but what is an "average" salary earned in this country..

depends on his field but the newly approved minimum wage is now 30,000 naira..... maybe he earns 3ce of that....90k....or less...those cars will haunt him
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by radautoworks: 10:03pm On Mar 25, 2019
CityNGR:

depends on his field but the newly approved minimum wage is now 30,000 naira..... maybe he earns 3ce of that....90k....or less...those cars will haunt him

Ouch....
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by CityNGR: 10:10pm On Mar 25, 2019
never mind I know him very well.... October 2013 he made us talk plenty plenty about different cars before he went to buy a nigerian abused camry orobo..... few months by DECEMBER 2013 later he was in the market looking for an engine repair/replacement job... now 15 days ago he started his search for an 04-05 highlander

radautoworks:

Ouch....

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:05pm On Mar 25, 2019
Monitoring spirit. kiss
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Nobody: 2:11am On Mar 26, 2019
jjohndoe83:

Your first query, I bought it Naija used (you know all the baggage that comes with that). I think the engine was previously worked on and its hard to tell the extent of the work.

Your second query, there are no oil leaks anywhere around the engine seal or anywhere observable/accessible to the eyes from my observation or on the floor. I have not seen any unusual smoke either at start up or when engine is revved (I usually don't do that). Although my mech. had me revv. the engine one time and concluded the there was some fault from the colour of the smoke or something.
what's the colour of the smoke after it's reved? Pay close attention if you see darkish blue smoke. You rigs is worn out regardless of leaks. And if that engine has been worked on before, you just have to get another one.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by good188(m): 8:08am On Mar 26, 2019
My toyota corolla 2006 1.8 engine is burn oil and nothing wrong with the engine its spend very well ,its have been happening over 5 month now what should i do
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by thebigkendo(m): 8:11am On Mar 26, 2019
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:41am On Mar 26, 2019
good188:
My toyota corolla 2006 1.8 engine is burn oil and nothing wrong with the engine its spend very well ,its have been happening over 5 month now what should i do

keep topping the engine oil.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:51am On Mar 26, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by maczig: 1:21pm On Mar 26, 2019
Great man Gazzuz, I drive a Honda Civic 2006. First one is this, when my car is pulling to complete halt it jerks slightly. Could this be the transmission trying to return back to 1 and why the jerk.. Transmission oil is dark upon checking.

Secondly, my fan and compressor in very hot afternoons when am moving will cut and will not cool again thereby blowing only inner fan for like 5mins before it will pick again. This doesn't happen in the morning and in the evenngs only in very hot afternoons when the engine is very hot. note thermostat still cuts and picks perfectly but fan won't pick when it cuts in extremely hot afternoons.

Lastly the back side of my vehicle bounces as I move slowly not too fast particularly and very obvious on rough roads. I was advised to change all four shocks including linkages which I have done yet the problem persisted . pls what's the solution?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by good188(m): 2:39pm On Mar 26, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

keep topping the engine oil.
i hope its not risky to be topping the oil
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:59pm On Mar 26, 2019
maczig:
Great man Gazzuz, I drive a Honda Civic 2006. First one is this, when my car is pulling to complete halt it jerks slightly. Could this be the transmission trying to return back to 1 and why the jerk.. Transmission oil is dark upon checking.

Secondly, my fan and compressor in very hot afternoons when am moving will cut and will not cool again thereby blowing only inner fan for like 5mins before it will pick again. This doesn't happen in the morning and in the evenngs only in very hot afternoons when the engine is very hot. note thermostat still cuts and picks perfectly but fan won't pick when it cuts in extremely hot afternoons.

Lastly the back side of my vehicle bounces as I move slowly not too fast particularly and very obvious on rough roads. I was advised to change all four shocks including linkages which I have done yet the problem persisted . pls what's the solution?

Very normal with most suzuki vehicles
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:58pm On Mar 26, 2019
good188:
i hope its not risky to be topping the oil

risky not to top it.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ojeysky(m): 8:19pm On Mar 26, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Just curious why do you say Pathfinder is better than Highlander? Am expecting a tokunbo 02 Highlander and want to be ready for the best/worse as the case may be. ;-)
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by CityNGR: 8:23pm On Mar 26, 2019
ojeysky:

Just curious why do you say Pathfinder is better than Highlander? Am expecting a tokunbo 02 Highlander and want to be ready for the best/worse as the case may be. ;-)
He's talking about their off road capabilities.

2 Likes

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by THOP: 5:51am On Mar 27, 2019
Oga Gazzuzz, someone is selling a 2004 corolla but he said the gear delays for seconds and picks right away. Hearing this issue I didn't want to go for it again but he said it's not a big deal because his mechanic had already told him that it just a filter issue. He told me he has been using the gear for over a year with no issues. What's your advise concerning the gear? Is it a minor issue that can be solved? Abi I should run grin grin?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by double3(m): 7:17am On Mar 27, 2019
THOP:
Oga Gazzuzz, someone is selling a 2004 corolla but he said the gear delays for seconds and picks right away. Hearing this issue I didn't want to go for it again but he said it's not a big deal because his mechanic had already told him that it just a filter issue. He told me he has been using the gear for over a year with no issues. What's your advise concerning the gear? Is it a minor issue that can be solved? Abi I should run grin grin?
If it's "just a filter issue" request he fixes the so called minor issue before u buy. In my opinion I think he's about to hand over a babby snake to u.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 27, 2019
GAZZUZZ, my 08 accord doesn't rev beyond 3000 rpm when idle but moves past it when driving. Also noticed the car jerks when i throttle hard whenever fuel is at quarter tank. My rewire had told me earlier to replace fuel pump that its weak. Car starts after like 2 or 3 cranks.

Kindly advise. Engine is 2.4, I4
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:25pm On Mar 27, 2019
dillinger:
GAZZUZZ, my 08 accord doesn't rev beyond 3000 rpm when idle but moves past it when driving. Also noticed the car jerks when i throttle hard whenever fuel is at quarter tank. My rewire had told me earlier to replace fuel pump that its weak. Car starts after like 2 or 3 cranks.

Kindly advise. Engine is 2.4, I4

scan
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Edunwa302(m): 1:56pm On Mar 27, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

scan
Sir i just bought 07 camry but it cranks too long before starting both cold starting and when the car is warmed up .
I ve scanned the car severallly no single fault code and check light is not ON.
Please what cld be the problem
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Josiah360: 2:09pm On Mar 27, 2019
Boss, Please what do you think about JAC G3 2013. Its a Chinese brand
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:26pm On Mar 27, 2019
Edunwa302:

Sir i just bought 07 camry but it cranks too long before starting both cold starting and when the car is warmed up .
I ve scanned the car severallly no single fault code and check light is not ON.
Please what cld be the problem

Fuel pump

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (408) (Reply)

Free Honda Radio Unlock Codes. Up To Year 2009. K.k Business Asoc. Ltd / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.