Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) (60085 Views)

Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures / Okada Riders Invaded Sokoto Airport's Runway While A Plane Was Taxiing / The Beauty Of Abuja Airport Runway At Night As It Nears Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by AlphaStyles(m): 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2017
fine
Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by IVORY2009(m): 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2017
[s]
rusher14:
Enemies of Nigeria won't like this.
[/s]

Nonsense shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by botad(m): 3:48pm On Apr 16, 2017
RichYoungNigga:

I don't see any difference

Buhari just stole $5 billion in the name of remodeling an Airport

Just patch a tarmac, what's the big deal there ?? New vs old ?? Like they built the airport from foundation to roof

APC zombies are just brain dead

Buhari
You will never go unpunished

3 Likes

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by gurunlocker: 3:49pm On Apr 16, 2017
No country can do road patching like naija....
Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 3:50pm On Apr 16, 2017
I can see some frustrated jobless wailers acting their names. They look out for every thread to register their frustrations by insulting any government officials. I doubt if senseless wailing will take away those frustrations. grin grin grin

God bless PMB
God bless VPYO
God bless Rotimi Ameachi
Long live The Fed Rep of Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by rusher14: 3:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
IVORY2009:
[s][/s]

Nonsense shocked shocked shocked

This guy you should realise by now I'm not gay and certainly uninterested in your advances.

Bobrisky might be though.

I can't imagine stalking another man like you.

Tufiakwa.

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by cytell56: 3:52pm On Apr 16, 2017
able88:
A promise well kept..

Federal Ministry of Aviation unveils 95% completion on Abuja International Airport
People and mediocrity, was the old one always like that when it was built. What shame are you celebrating. No wonder a local government chairman in Lagos will build a 50meter road and organise a world press conference. Is it not the normal thing he pledged by competing for an election?
This APC government self, nah Shame be their second name, no be Change!!!

2 Likes

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 16, 2017
unite4real:

If you are not in this world, I will like to let you know that the project was for Abuja Airport Runway. I hope you know the meaning of runway. A bad one is dangerous for planes to taxi. The project has no inclination to the inside as you requested to know. But if you are a wailer, please don't be shy to give credit to the government because you or your relatives could use this runway sometimes.

Superstory
Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 3:53pm On Apr 16, 2017
Nathan2016:
Continue worshipping politicians who are doing their job.... Did any body force them to contest for a post? Only in Nigeria ... Zombie.... U never hear God bless trump

The runway didn't get dilapidated yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by ephi123(f): 3:54pm On Apr 16, 2017
cytell56:

People and mediocrity, was the old one always like that when it was built. What shame are you celebrating. No wonder a local government chairman in Lagos will build a 50meter road and organise a world press conference. Is it not the normal thing he pledged by competing for an election?
This APC government self, nah Shame be their second name, no be Change!!!

grin cheesy
Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Lancasterman: 3:54pm On Apr 16, 2017
It appears you have scitzophrenia. N6b was allocated to this project which includes relocation of staff to Kaduna to handle operations there, installation of Navigation Aids, Runway repairs and Airfield lighting, repairs of ABJ-KDN road, etc. And u say it's $5b? Do u know what $5b is? I ban you from using the internet. U are a disgrace to blacks.

RichYoungNigga:

Just patch a tarmac, what's the big deal there ?? New vs old ?? Like they built the airport from foundation to roof

Buhari

5 Likes

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Bollinger(m): 3:55pm On Apr 16, 2017
rusher14:

Why should we be angry?

You do realise even this project when initiated was bedevilled by politics as the same people who refuse to even allow a budget pass couldn't stand to see a successful rehabilitation?

It is with joy that we embrace this positive development.

This one is over and we look forward to other developments.

The fact that you don't understand why you should be angry points to the nature of an average Nigerian and why you all are still living the way you do? You should be angry that it took this long to fix. You should be angry that corruption is a big part of it because no one can tell me that they didn't see the risk in letting it stay that way for this long. You should be angry that it will continue to be like this now and forever more because Nigerians don't learn from anything. Doubt me? look back at half a century of it's history.

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by rusher14: 3:59pm On Apr 16, 2017
Bollinger:

The fact that you don't understand why you should be angry points to the nature of an average Nigerian and why you all are still living the way you do? You should be angry that it took this long to fix. You should be angry that corruption is a big part of it because no one can tell me that they didn't see the risk in letting it stay that way for this long. You should be angry that it will continue to be like this now and forever more because Nigerians don't learn from anything. Doubt me? look back at half a century of it's history.

We should be angry that a proactive government has taken action even when the Senate kicked against it?

If you want to be angry you are free to blow your top.

I on the other hand I'm mighty relieved and proud of the government's action to get it fixed as they motioned to do.

Kudos to all involved in making it a success.

3 Likes

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 4:04pm On Apr 16, 2017
Nigeria shall be great. Frustrated wailers can only wail and nothing more. Even the wailing can only be on faceless media.

People that have been jobless for years pouring in their frustrations on this administration.

They can only wail and wail and wail. Patriotic Nigerians are getting engaged in meaningful and gainful activities.

God bless The Fed Rep of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Bollinger(m): 4:08pm On Apr 16, 2017
rusher14:

We should be angry that a proactive government has taken action even when the Senate kicked against it?

I on the other hand I'm mighty relieved and proud of the government's action to get it fixed as they motioned to do.

Like i said, you all are easily placated. They feed you guys scraps while core and major issues fester. Carry on.

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 16, 2017
RichYoungNigga:

Buhari
did you even go to school?

3 Likes

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Nigeria shall be great. Frustrated wailers can only wail and nothing more. Even the wailing can only be on faceless media.

People that have been jobless for years pouring in their frustrations on this administration.

They can only wail and wail and wail. Patriotic Nigerians are getting engaged in meaningful and gainful activities.

God bless The Fed Rep of Nigeria.
don't mind them. And to think most of them are benefiting from the N-power scheme

4 Likes

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by mathel(m): 4:10pm On Apr 16, 2017
#NigeriaMyCountry

I have come to realize that Nigeria Leaders particularly those at helms of affair piloting the Nation. They are very sincere to themselves, they love each other dearly, the passion and concern for better life among them is incomparable. Come to look of the following.

Kaduna - Abuja Express way rehabilitated under 50 days.

Railway track channel from Rigasa kaduna to kaduna International Airport under 30days.

Nnamdi Azikwe Bypass Express way street lightning to kaduna Airport under 30 days.

Police Aerial helicopter patrol from Abuja to kaduna from the days of flight diversion till the day redirection comes.

Police patrol van at every 10km from kaduna to Abuja 168km= Approximately 17 vans on standby.

All these above were done under 50 days just to ensure absolute comfort and maximum security for themselves.

I see strong bond of love among our elites, I therefore challenge you my fellow young Nigerians why must you and I die for any of these elites.

Why must we continue to be insincere to our own generation.

Why must we allow ego to over ride our sense of reasoning.

Can you recall since when Abuja-lokoja express way has being under construction.

Lagos - Ibadan express way, Mokwa-Jebba road and other has become dead trap before patching commence

Since its not their route, let the worse happen to the subjects once the leaders are safe all is well.

Let also be United to reject conspiracy against our generation.

Let build love and compassion for one another as Youth in this nation.

We need one another to build the Empire we require to liberate our generation and the yet unborn.

We are stakeholder in our own class.
Let love lead.
#TestOfSincerity2017

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 4:11pm On Apr 16, 2017
rusher14:

The project is almost complete and frustrated enemies of state are already registering their annoyance. They never wanted it done. They were expecting to hear things like; "the renovation will not be completed as scheduled". They are disappointed. Nigeria shall be great even against their wish.

4 Likes

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2017
okay.
Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2017
trippy:
don't mind them. And to think most of them are benefiting from the N-power scheme

That even reminds me. Nairaland was inundated sometimes back with complains when their monthly allowance was delayed.

3 Likes

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by rusher14: 4:16pm On Apr 16, 2017
Bollinger:

Like i said, you all are easily placated. They feed you guys scraps while core and major issues fester. Carry on.

What is more major than a runway being rehabilitated to avert carnage?

You can also continue with the bile.

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by divineshare(m): 4:16pm On Apr 16, 2017
H
acenazt:
The peegz at pdp were never concerned with fixing the Airport let alone the nation. God dey shaaa

Who built it?

When did it got bad?
Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by mfm04622: 4:20pm On Apr 16, 2017
fuckerstard:
Make una show us the repairs going on inside the airport, abi na runway only be airport?

I think all our states needs to have a functioning airport.

Abuja airport was closed so that the runway could be worked on. Works on other parts of the airport will continue while the airport is in use

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by topgear(m): 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2017
able88:
A promise well kept..

Federal Ministry of Aviation unveils 95% completion on Abuja International Airport

There is nothing like federal ministry of aviation... It's all under transport ministry..

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 16, 2017
mfm04622:

Abuja airport was closed so that the runway could be worked on. Works on other parts of the airport will continue while the airport is in use

Thanks for the clarification without insults.
Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by x6blade(m): 4:31pm On Apr 16, 2017
Is this the work worth 5 billion dollars?
Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by IVORY2009(m): 4:33pm On Apr 16, 2017
[s]
rusher14:

This guy you should realise by now I'm not gay and certainly uninterested in your advances.

Bobrisky might be though.

I can't imagine stalking another man like you.

Tufiakwa.
[/s]

Common nonsense shocked

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Bollinger(m): 4:46pm On Apr 16, 2017
rusher14:

What is more major than a runway being rehabilitated to avert carnage?

You can also continue with the bile.

There is nothing absolutely wrong with it. What is wrong is jubillating over what should otherwise normal. It is like doing back flips just because you are breathing oxygen. Isn't it normal for a healthy person to do so?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by rusher14: 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2017
Bollinger:

There is nothing absolutely wrong with it. What is wrong is jubillating over what should otherwise normal. It is like doing back flips just because you are breathing oxygen. Isn't it normal for a healthy person to do so?

Until you you've been in a coma for 6 months then you realise everyday of normal living is a blessing.

2 Likes

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by SugaryBelle(f): 4:49pm On Apr 16, 2017
Basic.

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
ephi123:
Yes, he's accomplished 0.001% of his manifesto in a period of 2 years, we eagerly await the remaining 99.99%

Jokers. Let's keep applauding basic stuff, in 2017 runway repairs is what people are jubilating over. The dearth of tangible achievements in this administration is the "causer", I totally get it.

Iam not sure that anyone is jubilating over the fixing of a runway. What they are probably happy about is that the government has kept to its delivery time on the project. If you recall airlines local and international threatened to boycott the airport but the government stood its ground and delivered on the project.

Desiring good governance is a two way street involving criticism and praise. The fact that op has placed this piece does not show an abandonment of rationality. He may choose to criticise government next week. It is important to have a sense of perspective. Government isnt a zero sum game with losers and winners. Its nuanced because even if you didnt vote for a party you still need them to do well. Thats what civil society does.

Once the next election comes up you can review their progress or otherwise and decide who to vote for.

No one was born with a party card in their hand.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US / The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues / Pictures Of EPE, LAGOS Roads At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.