Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) (60055 Views)

Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures / Okada Riders Invaded Sokoto Airport's Runway While A Plane Was Taxiing / The Beauty Of Abuja Airport Runway At Night As It Nears Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Bollinger(m): 4:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
rusher14:

Until you you've been in a coma for 6 months then you realise everyday of normal living is a blessing.

Hence why i said a "healthy" normal person. Or didn't you read my post before commenting? If one should extrapolate it, it means since Nigerians are not mentally and socially healthy, things like the renovation of a runway, (I can believe i am saying this) will be astounding to them. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by rusher14: 4:52pm On Apr 16, 2017
Bollinger:

Hence why i said a "healthy"normal person. Or didn't you read my post before commenting? If one should extrapolate it, it means since Nigerians are not mentally and socially healthy, things like the renovation of a runway, (I can believe i am saying this) will be astounding to them. Smh.

And no one denies it.

Every little progress is worth lauding.

Onwards and upwards.

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Bollinger(m): 4:54pm On Apr 16, 2017
rusher14:

And no one denies it.

Every little progress is worth lauding.

Onwards and upwards.

You call it progress, but i call it "delaying the inevitable"

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by rusher14: 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2017
Bollinger:

You call it progress, but i call it "delaying the inevitable"

Whatever floats your boat.

Some see it half empty others half full.

Take your pick.

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Azola(m): 4:57pm On Apr 16, 2017
GOD federal republic of NIGERIAN if blind man get to this spot in blind go comot.

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Azola(m): 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2017
GOD bless federal republic of NIGERIAN if blind man get to this spot in blind go comot.

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Bollinger(m): 4:59pm On Apr 16, 2017
rusher14:

Whatever floats your boat.

Some see it half empty other half full.

Take your pick.

In Nigeria? It is always half empty if not completely empty.

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by besttrader: 5:06pm On Apr 16, 2017
This is supposed to be an oversight function of a director in a unit under the Aviation ministry, I hope you guys are not making it look like Nigeria has a man on the moon?

2 Likes

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by burkingx(f): 5:10pm On Apr 16, 2017
Mantain:
wailers should simply hug transfomers
.... grin grin grin

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by shockwave(m): 5:17pm On Apr 16, 2017
RichYoungNigga:

I don't see any difference

Buhari just stole $5 billion in the name of remodeling an Airport

Just patch a tarmac, what's the big deal there ?? New vs old ?? Like they built the airport from foundation to roof

APC zombies are just brain dead

Buhari
You will never go unpunished

Just shut the Bleep up already!!!

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Vicorolex1(m): 5:20pm On Apr 16, 2017
RichYoungNigga:

Just patch a tarmac, what's the big deal there ?? New vs old ?? Like they built the airport from foundation to roof

Buhari

True talk bro! I was at the airport myself last week, only patch patch up and down on the runways; with that kind big money. Corruption no fit finish for did country

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by seguno2: 5:21pm On Apr 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:
God bless PMB
God bless VPYO
God bless Rotimi Ameachi
Long live The Fed Rep of Nigeria.

For stealing our $43 million?

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by ephi123(f): 5:21pm On Apr 16, 2017
greenpasture:

Iam not sure that anyone is jubilating over the fixing of a runway. What they are probably happy about is that the government has kept to its delivery time on the project. If you recall airlines local and international threatened to boycott the airport but the government stood its ground and delivered on the project.

Desiring good governance is a two way street involving criticism and praise. The fact that op has placed this piece does not show an abandonment of rationality. He may choose to criticise government next week. It is important to have a sense of perspective. Government isnt a zero sum game with losers and winners. Its nuanced because even if you didnt vote for a party you still need them to do well. Thats what civil society does.

Once the next election comes up you can review their progress or otherwise and decide who to vote for.

No one was born with a party card in their hand.

My comment was made based on my observation of people praising the government for fixing the runway, which is quite ridiculous because that is what they were voted in to do in the first place - establish and maintain basic infrastructure, amongst other tasks. Why should that be something to be jubilant about? Especially considering how poor this government has performed overall.

That is how mediocrity starts, when leaders are being celebrated for doing basic stuff. We are very far from where we should be at this point in time, relative to other countries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by seguno2: 5:23pm On Apr 16, 2017
Mantain:
wailers should simply hug transfomers

Because of the fake propaganda pictures?
Please, try again.

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 16, 2017
It's really funny how we praise our leaders for doing little projects when it's our right to actually have those things

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 5:24pm On Apr 16, 2017
seguno2:

For stealing our $43 million?

No, for fixing the airport that has been moribund years before his appointment.

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 5:26pm On Apr 16, 2017
seguno2:

Because of the fake propaganda pictures?
Please, try again.

Really? You mean those pictures are fake? I think I'm beginning to understand what wailing actually entails.

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by ephi123(f): 5:27pm On Apr 16, 2017
Bollinger:

Hence why i said a "healthy"normal person. Or didn't you read my post before commenting? If one should extrapolate it, it means since Nigerians are not mentally and socially healthy, things like the renovation of a runway, (I can believe i am saying this) will be astounding to them. Smh.

In 2017 when we should be talking about automating our transport systems, we don't even have a basic NationalRail website for booking train tickets online, not to mention contactless payments on trains and buses. Our airports cannot stand next to any 21st century airport across the world in terms of quality, services or infrastructure. These are things that we should be exploring - moving to the next level.

Instead my fellow Nigerians are throwing a party because a runway is being renovated. My oh my, what a country.

This is why we need go-getters and forward thinkers at the helms of affairs, not antiquated people with antiquated mindsets.

2 Likes

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by ephi123(f): 5:27pm On Apr 16, 2017
Dat9jakid:
It's really funny how we praise our leaders for doing little projects when it's our right to actually have those things

Because we've set abysmal low levels of expectation. That is the reason.

2 Likes

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Bollinger(m): 5:31pm On Apr 16, 2017
ephi123:

In 2017 when we should be talking about automating our transport systems, we don't even have a basic NationalRail website for booking train tickets online, not to mention contactless payments on trains and buses. Our airports cannot stand next to any 21st century airport across the world in terms of quality, services or infrastructure. These are things that we should be exploring - moving to the next level.

Instead my fellow Nigerians are throwing a party because a runway is being renovated. My oh my, what a country.

My only advice to people like you is to leave that country else they corrupt your mentality too.

2 Likes

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 16, 2017
ephi123:

Because we've set abysmal low levels of expectation. That is the reason.
that's sad, I was really expecting something different when I opened the thread but was actually surprised with the kind of comments, hailing those corrupt minds who call themselves leaders and and shouting for wailers to come like fixing an airport runway is some kind of a big deal.... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 16, 2017
RichYoungNigga:

Buhari
Na 5 billion naira. Why he go spend 5 billion dollars, He dey mad?

3 Likes

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by seguno2: 5:37pm On Apr 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Really? You mean those pictures are fake? I think I'm beginning to understand what wailing actually entails.

Do they show the entire runway? No.
Do we know for sure that they are for the Abuja airport? No.
Do we know for sure when they were taken? No.
When dealing with a propaganda machine that churns out lies more than recession, you treat every single piece of information with great suspicion. .

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 5:39pm On Apr 16, 2017
seguno2:

Do they show the entire runway? No.
Do we know for sure that they are for the Abuja airport? No.
Do we know for sure when they were taken? No.
When dealing with a propaganda machine that churns out lies more than recession, you treat every single piece of information with great suspicion. .

Abeg go and continue your suspicion oh! My hand no dey there.

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by ephi123(f): 5:39pm On Apr 16, 2017
Dat9jakid:
that's sad, I was really expecting something different when I opened the thread but was actually surprised with the kind of comments, hailing those corrupt minds who call themselves leaders and and shouting for wailers to come like fixing an airport runway is some kind of a big deal.... undecided

I really wonder oh.
That's the current unfortunate state of affairs in Nigeria. Things are so bad that the tiniest thing is "cause for rejoicing". Ridiculousness of the highest level.

Pass through our international airports and you will literally bend your head in shame when you see their state compared to what obtains elsewhere. We should be talking about taking things to the next level, people are here praising a runway repair. Chai.

2 Likes

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by ephi123(f): 5:41pm On Apr 16, 2017
Bollinger:

My only advice to people like you is to leave that country else they corrupt your mentality too.

Thank you. I make sure I engage with forward thinkers and keep my mind open, because the level of mediocrity in Nigeria is sickening. I don't want to unconsciously adopt it.

2 Likes

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by seguno2: 5:42pm On Apr 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:
No, for fixing the airport that has been moribund years before his appointment.

It is either you don't know the meaning of moribund or the meaning of "years before"?
Where did the sick old man board the plane to go for his two months holidays in London while leaving the citizens he swore to serve in penury and recession?
Was it the same Abuja airport that you claim "has been moribund for years before his appointment"?
Are you okay?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 5:45pm On Apr 16, 2017
Frustrated and jobless wailers are consoling themselves with the hope that they will one day succeed in their plans. This country shall be great. Wailers can only wail and wail and nothing more.

God bless PMB
God bless VPYO
God bless Rotimi Ameachi
God bless patriotic Nigerians.
Long live The Fed Rep of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 5:48pm On Apr 16, 2017
seguno2:

It is either you don't know the meaning of moribund or the meaning of "years before"?
Where did the sick old man board the plane to go for his two months holidays in London while leaving the citizens he swore to serve in penury and recession?
Was it the same Abuja airport that you claim "has been moribund for years before his appointment"?
Are you okay?

Hahahahahahahahaha, dey don come oh! You mean the airport had been very okay and only got dilapidated few months ago? I just taya how wailers dey take get this their concept oh! Even some that have never boarded any flight since they were born are making comparison. Abeg bye bye. I no fit shout.

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by ephi123(f): 5:49pm On Apr 16, 2017
When they have no tangible figures or facts to respond with, they resort to calling others wailers.

Doesn't change the fact that this government as at this point in time is a class act FAILURE.

Nigeria refuses to be put in the same state of backwardness the North is. We refuse to. Other countries are moving forward, why should we remain in a dead state? Thanks to archaic people the likes of who claim meningitis outbreak was a result of fornication, in the 21st century. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Thatitan234(m): 5:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
Eluwilussit:

This poo could have been taken care of by the airport authorities. Every little thing is turned into politics. Shameless Nigerians.

And you didn't see FAAN logo on the image ?? or is it not the FAAN ( federal Airport Authority of Nigeria) that is overseeing the reconstruction??
Not everything is politics. This is a good development and should not be badmouthed.

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 5:55pm On Apr 16, 2017
shockwave:

Just shut the Bleep up already!!!

I just taya for dem. Even some that are managing to eat are forming international. Some of them don't even know how an airport looks like. If you ask simple question about international flight, they will just be making noise acting their names.

I swear, most of these things forming upandan rarely feed well.

My joy is that their wailing can't even go beyond nairaland.

Pmb, VPYO, Rotimi, carry on joor. Let them go and die. Nonsense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US / The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues / Rats Hanging From The Ceiling At Murtala Muhammed Airport Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.