Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) (60072 Views)

Anambra International Airport Runway - Stone Base In Pictures / Okada Riders Invaded Sokoto Airport's Runway While A Plane Was Taxiing / The Beauty Of Abuja Airport Runway At Night As It Nears Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 18, 2017
ephi123:

My comment was made based on my observation of people praising the government for fixing the runway, which is quite ridiculous because that is what they were voted in to do in the first place - establish and maintain basic infrastructure, amongst other tasks. Why should that be something to be jubilant about? Especially considering how poor this government has performed overall.

That is how mediocrity starts, when leaders are being celebrated for doing basic stuff. We are very far from where we should be at this point in time, relative to other countries.

This is a piece by Reuben Abati on the Kaduna airport Reuben as you know was spokesman to the previous Resident. I think this is what any government needs. Not slavish praise but honest recognition of efforts made with directions for the future. With all respect to your views i think this is the way to go.

https://www.nairaland.com/3747579/abuja-kaduna-airports-testimony-reuben-abati

Its a bit long but instructive. Have a good week.
Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by ephi123(f): 11:11am On Apr 18, 2017
greenpasture:

This is a piece by Reuben Abati on the Kaduna airport Reuben as you know was spokesman to the previous Resident. I think this is what any government needs. Not slavish praise but honest recognition of efforts made with directions for the future. With all respect to your views i think this is the way to go.

https://www.nairaland.com/3747579/abuja-kaduna-airports-testimony-reuben-abati

Its a bit long but instructive. Have a good week.

Thanks for the note. Unfortunately, I do not reckon with Abati so cannot take his viewpoint seriously. He is one of those who did not do anything substantial for the masses when in the corridors of power.

Again, I reiterate, airport repair is basic work of governance and doesn't require any praise.

1 Like

Re: Old Vs New Abuja Airport Runway (Photos) by Horus(m): 1:29am On Apr 28, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUNbcnmFRmE

Abuja Airport new runway

Abuja Airport rehabilitation project. - late evening drone fly over

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues / Pictures Of EPE, LAGOS Roads At Night / Ghana Bride In Coma After Groom Died In An Accident On His Way To Their Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.