Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

What If Christ Had Not Risen? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If Christ Had Not Risen? (314 Views)

What Will Happen To Our Muslim Brothers If Christ Comes. / Job Was Declared A Perfect Man By God When Jesus Christ Had Not Yet Come But... / What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What If Christ Had Not Risen? by umunaija: 12:09pm On Apr 16, 2017
I have been thinking a lot lately as I read about the death and resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ these past couple of weeks. Questions keep popping in my mind, questions like; what if Jesus had not risen? What if The Resurrection story did not happen? What if Mary had found Jesus laying dead in the tomb on the morning of that third day? I didn’t like the answers that came to mind as these questions ran through my mind;
If Jesus Had Not Risen, our faith is in vain, Christianity means nothing, we are still in our sins and we are of all men most miserable.
And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
1 Corinthians 15:14-19

If Christ Had Not Risen:

That would make me a sinner still
This would be so because if Jesus did not rise from the dead, my faith is futile. It means that I am still lost in sin and separated from God.

I would be condemned to eternal damnation
It means I am sentenced to eternal death in hell. I have my part in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone. It means spending eternity with the tormentor, traitor, adversary, father of lies, thief, murderer, and destroyer, the enemy of my soul, the devil!
I would not have peace
If Jesus had not resurrected, it means I do not have Him, The Prince of Peace living in me. It means I do not have His peace to survive in this world of chaos and troubles.

I would know no joy
The joy Christ died to give will not be effected if He had remained dead in the tomb. That means I would not know this unspeakable joy that is full of glory. I would be completely subject to the spirit of misery, sorrow, depression, gloom, desolation…

I would not know true love
True love, love in its real and true form is poured into our hearts by The Holy Spirit. Romans 5:5 But if Christ had not resurrected and gone to The Father, I would neither have The Holy Spirit nor be filled with God’s Love. I would be floating in the foolishness of lust, the unstable love of this world with its fickle and fleeting nature.

I would be subject to the authority and influence of the devil
And boy, is the enemy the worst being to be influenced by or what! I cannot even imagine what my life would have been if I remained under the influence of the enemy. If Jesus had not died, resurrected and taken all powers, and taken the keys of death and hell from the devil, I would definitely be subject to the authority and influence the enemy.

But Praise God Jesus Is Alive!
Very early on Sunday morning the women went to the tomb, carrying the spices that they had prepared. When they found the stone rolled away from the entrance, they went in. But they did not find the body of the Lord[a] Jesus, and they did not know what to think.Suddenly two men in shining white clothes stood beside them. The women were afraid and bowed to the ground. But the men said, “Why are you looking in the place of the dead for someone who is alive? Jesus isn’t here! He has been raised from death. Remember that while he was still in Galilee, he told you, ’The Son of Man will be handed over to sinners who will nail him to a cross. But three days later he will rise to life.’ Then they remembered what Jesus had said. Luke 24:1-8 NKJV

Hallelujah! Since Jesus is alive;

We are holy and can enjoy fellowship with The father.
We have peace and joy.
We are not subject to the enemy, he is under our foot.
We can enjoy eternal life here on earth and spend eternity with God.
He lives as our High Priest always making intercessions for us.
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. Hebrew 7:25

Is this not exciting and reassuring? That Jesus speaks and intercedes for us, He puts in His word for us, when we pray to The Father and even when we cannot pray, He intercedes for us.

And then:

We rule and reign over all powers of the enemy
…which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all. Ephesians 1:20-23 NKJV

But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:4-6 NKJV

Since God has made us alive together in His resurrection and made us seat together in the heavenly places in Christ according to the verses in Ephesians 2 above, in Christ then, we are also seated above all that Christ is seated above according to the bible verses in Ephesians 1 above;

All principality
All Power
All might
All Dominion
Everything that is name in this age and in the age to come
Look at all the benefits of The Resurrection! Thank God Jesus is alive, thank God the tomb is empty, thank God the grave could not hold Him back! Hallelujah!

Do you know why we celebrate Easter?
Have you encountered The Resurrected Christ?
Will He take you to Heaven when He descends like He ascended?
Have a super blessed Easter! Have a super blessed Resurrection celebration!

Source: http://www.changeasoul.org/index.php?topic=327.msg983;topicseen#msg983
Re: What If Christ Had Not Risen? by sweetval: 12:16pm On Apr 16, 2017
This ur epistle no be here o.. Abeg Na Easter be this.. No stress biko.. undecided
Re: What If Christ Had Not Risen? by yanabasee(m): 12:19pm On Apr 16, 2017
There is no way he wouldn't have risen.... He came here to clean off our collective sins to set us free from our manipulators....He arouse to make the prophesy come to past....

Happy Easter, Brother!!!

(1) (Reply)

My Life / Perfect Plan For A Church Convention / The Mystery Of Creation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.