Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) (54604 Views)

Oluwole Owolabi: You Chased Me Out Of Nigeria Since 1986 Nothing Has Changed / Osinbajo Back From Italy, Attends Lagos At 50 Gala Night (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by aribisala0(m): 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2017
ZombieTERROR:

Mr dumbo
The seaports in niger delta is not working at optimal level like Lagos all because of bad politics
Make egun people no catch u where u dey talk nonsense...see mouth like our Lagos grin
Not politics but geography. Lagos is blessed with a low cost shore while the other areas are INLAND ,or mangrove swamps. Did any one force the British to move from Calabar in 1914?. Lagos simply is a superior berth.If you want to talk politics then you should be discussing why another port is not built in On do while he offers better access than anything in the SS. The reason is to avoid claim that Yoruba are dominant when in reality that is the cheapest place to site a port. I am talking of the state with the LONGEST shoreline 180 kilometres with places like Olokola,Araromi as obvious locations but sabotaged by Jonathan out of jealousy

2 Likes

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by aribisala0(m): 5:53pm On Apr 17, 2017
When the FG left in 1991 the plan was for Lagos to rot. If you doubt it take a look at the National Stadium, the Federal Secretariat, the National Theatre, the Airport and so on. If Lagos had been run by PDP it is distressing to imagine where it would be. .
IGR in 1999 was 6 billion a year and now it makes that in One week.
There was a fork I the road with a choice left or right and the choice was POP or AD. THIS is the result.

1 Like

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by ladiguy(m): 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2017
Odingo1:

Just keep chest beating,[/b] Lagos was developed for more than 30 years as a capital of Nigeria and was made economic capital of Nigeria by FG[b].
The white colonial masters and Nigeria government build Lagos,if any other state receive benefit like that they will also be like Lagos.Abuja is also beautiful because oil money is been used to build it.
[/b]In case if you don't know[b],Lagos is not part of western Nigeria in Nigerian constitution, should anything happen and Nigeria separate, the status of Lagos and Abuja will be determined.

Been reading comments since without dropping one but i have to school you base on Lagos ownership . The late sage took care of that before his demise .

1 Like

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by Olu317(m): 4:31pm On Apr 18, 2017
aribisala0:

Not politics but geography. Lagos is blessed with a low cost shore while the other areas are INLAND ,or mangrove swamps. Did any one force the British to move from Calabar in 1914?. Lagos simply is a superior berth.If you want to talk politics then you should be discussing why another port is not built in On do while he offers better access than anything in the SS. The reason is to avoid claim that Yoruba are dominant when in reality that is the cheapest place to site a port. I am talking of the state with the LONGEST shoreline 180 kilometres with places like Olokola,Araromi as obvious locations but sabotaged by Jonathan out of jealousy
Let those who don't know history about YORUBA READ to LOVE IT OR HATE IT AT THEIR OWN PERIL . THE REALITY ON GROUND CONFIRM IT THAT ARAROMI IN YORUBA LAND WAS THE FIRST PLACE CRUDE OIL WAS DISCOVERED IN 1908. OLOIBIRI OIL WELL WAS DISCOVERED IN 1956 . CLEAR AS CRYSTAL. WE LEAD ,OTHERS FOLLOW

1 Like

Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by deomello: 4:43pm On Apr 18, 2017
Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by Eastwalk(m): 2:56pm On Apr 19, 2017
deomello:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-u1phZrQeFWQ/VSUx4KOkyKI/AAAAAAAACWo/fPnUEXgVdLo/s1600/IMG_20150408_141422.jpg[/img]

Oshodi.

Before and After.
Oshodi has really undergone a lot of metamorphosis, nice picture i must say. The last time i pass through there, it was a landmark of construction site.
Re: Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) by Qualer: 9:23am On Apr 20, 2017
Gladys2017:
sweet Lagos State

methinks you are sweeter than lagos state...
...with all the 'infrastructure' you have developed and holding close to your chest! grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Commissioned Road Projects In Imo State (Pictures & Video) / Pictures Of Borno & Yobe From A JTF Nairalander. / Offa Bank Robbery: Saraki Reacts To Being Implicated & Linked To The Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.