Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? (6013 Views)

The Empty Tomb Is A Historical Fact Most Scholars Agree On / Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? / Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 17, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
What is the importance of the empty tomb? What are the theories that attempt to explain away the empty tomb?
It signifies everlasting peace.
We have to enjoy our lives like this.

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? by SporaD8: 9:00am On Apr 17, 2017
jericco1:

dust under three days?. Haba
Dust thou hath and dust thou will return. hope you read about lot's wife turned salt in an instant?
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? by jericco1(m): 9:01am On Apr 17, 2017
Onwardvic:

He didn't rise in another body,remember that it had been prophesied of long before he even came that his body will not see corruption(decay).He was simply translated/metamorphosed.
so what you are tryin to say is that the body he showed his disciples was the one they already knew though tranformed.
I have other questions bt let me keep it to myself
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? by abk4real: 9:02am On Apr 17, 2017
It means jesus did not die, Jesus said he is not a spirit in d upper room, he said touch me and c for a spirit do not have flesh and bone
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? by Ezebohirepurcha(m): 9:03am On Apr 17, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
What is the importance of the empty tomb? What are the theories that attempt to explain away the empty tomb?
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? by jericco1(m): 9:03am On Apr 17, 2017
SporaD8:

Dust thou hath and dust thou will return. hope you read about lot's wife turned salt in an instant?
sure, suffice to say but it's different. Lot's wife disobedience led to that.
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? by orisa37: 9:04am On Apr 17, 2017
youngest85:
Pythagoras theorem

That Jesus is Omni miraculous.
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? by nkemma54(m): 9:05am On Apr 17, 2017
jericco1:

so what you are tryin to say is that the body he showed his disciples was the one they already knew though tranformed.

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? by jericco1(m): 9:09am On Apr 17, 2017
[quote author=nkemma54 post=55639043][/quote] hmm
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? by Onwardvic(m): 9:15am On Apr 17, 2017
jericco1:

Do you have any problem with that?
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? by jericco1(m): 9:16am On Apr 17, 2017
Onwardvic:

Do you have any problem with that?
thanks
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? by Cynthyworld(f): 9:31am On Apr 17, 2017
Signify d fulfilment of d scripture DAT He shall die Nd rose again
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 17, 2017
jericco1:
Signifies he's risen, but what I don't understand is where the body went to since he arose in another body. I don't know if you're gettin me

The same place the body of His mother went to.

Those are so precious that the insects and reptiles are not worthy to feed on.

He giveth, He taketh.

When He tells you that your body is His temple, do you think it's a joke?
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? by Ezebohirepurcha(m): 10:23am On Apr 17, 2017
It signified of the reign of death. And enthronment of resurrection, as the final fate of mankind.

It happened that, between the days of Adam (the first man) and 2017 years ago. After a person(male or female) finish all their activities here on earth. Their take home(wages, pension, gratiuty) is death.

With exception of very very few (Elijah, ENOCH). It always end in death. Because of our nature( sinful, corrupted).

To address this issue. 2 000 years ago, LORD JESUS CHRIST Introduce a new option. The option of eternal life. By defeating death and RESURRECTING.

However to partake in this option. All one need do. Is to trust in (believe in) Lord Jesus Christ (the lamb of God; Saviour; Great High Priest).

Hence, we (christains) talk of our hope of partaking in the resurrection of the dead. And ascending to be with our Heavenly Father, creator, maker and God, eternally.
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 17, 2017
Open shame to the accuser of the brethren.

Signifies the powerlessness of death.

That you too can rise from death.

All hails, The King of Kings! smiley
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? by jericco1(m): 10:30am On Apr 17, 2017
B4bestbrain:

The same place the body of His mother went to.
Those are so precious that the insects and reptiles are not worthy to feed on.
He giveth, He taketh.
When He tells you that your body is His temple, do you think it's a joke?
thank you
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? by nkemma54(m): 10:49am On Apr 17, 2017
Ezebohirepurcha:
It signified of the reign of death. And enthronment of resurrection, as the final fate of mankind.

It happened that, between the days of Adam (the first man) and 2017 years ago. After a person(male or female) finish all their activities here on earth. Their take home(wages, pension, gratiuty) is death.

With exception of very very few (Elijah, ENOCH). It always end in death. Because of our nature( sinful, corrupted).

To address this issue. 2 000 years ago, LORD JESUS CHRIST Introduce a new option. The option of eternal life. By defeating death and RESURRECTING.

However to partake in this option. All one need do. Is to trust in (believe in) Lord Jesus Christ (the lamb of God; Saviour; Great High Priest).

Hence, we (christains) talk of our hope of partaking in the resurrection of the dead. And ascending to be with our Heavenly Father, creator, maker and God, eternally.

I like it when Jesus himself makes some people that feel they are knowledgeable look....dumb grin. I like your faith though smiley. Unless you're trying to say Jesus knows not what he says.

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? by farem: 10:52am On Apr 17, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

It makes the only One Fundamental Difference:

But there is one fundamental difference, one fact that sets Christianity forever apart from every other religious system.

*Go to the tombs of the founders of the great world religions.

Call the roll:

Mohammed … “Here!”
Moses … “Here!”
Buddha … “Here!”
Confucius … “Here!”
Jesus Christ … … .
Christ is the one true way to God because the tomb is empty.

No answer! Because he is not there. The tomb is empty!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? by oaroloye(m): 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2017
The importance is that THE GOSPEL is more powerful than DEATH, as Yahshua SAID.
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:31pm On Apr 17, 2017
jericco1:

Don't keep the questions to yourself, ask and ye shall receive. cool
Re: What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:23pm On Apr 29, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Check out the answers in the link below;

https://www.gotquestions.org/empty-tomb.html

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is There An Islamic Inscription On The Nigerian Army Logo? / Lilith: Adam's First Wife. / Jesus Not Entirely Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.