Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,046 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage (6277 Views)

Is It Your Size - Lady Show Off Her G - String Pant To Her Male Neighbour / Nigerian Couple Set To Wed This Month Share Their Photo From 2006 / What's Your Size? (females Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by ChuzzyBlog: 3:46pm On Apr 17, 2017
This Traditional wedding photo of this couple has gone viral and different people have different opinions about this. Some think it's wise to cut your coat according the material you have (just like the couple did), while some others feel this is quite trashy and they should have waited till they have enough money to do something more befitting!

Well, share your thoughts lets know what you think. Comment below

SOURCE: http://www.chuzzyblog.com.ng/2017/04/cut-your-coat-according-to-you-material.html

lalasticlala, ijebabe

4 Likes

Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by ChuzzyBlog: 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2017
hmmm
Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by firstking01(m): 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2017
Are you sure is a pre-wedding photo or they went to see one babalawo for their childlessness?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 17, 2017
People though sad Not everyone does things to impress. Isn't their love not what's important here? This is very touching for me embarassed Everyone deserves love & happiness, rich or poor.

8 Likes

Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by Tallesty1(m): 4:03pm On Apr 17, 2017
Traditional marriage right?
Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by FelixFelicis(m): 4:06pm On Apr 17, 2017
This is big man marriage for Dacovajnr village

Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by generalbush(m): 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2017
ZarZar:
People though sad Not everyone does things to impress. Isn't their love not what's important here? This is very touching for me embarassed Everyone deserves love & happiness, rich or poor.

WhT are you typing

Nawa oo...
Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by ipobarecriminals: 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2017
bird and butterfly aren't the same.Lion and cat different. Mr/Mrs Biola marriage is different to Mr/Mrs Okoroafor Chinedu own.Shoes get size

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 17, 2017
generalbush:

WhT are you typing

Nawa oo...

Aren't they mocking them for not having an elaborate wedding with all the bells & whistles?

If you think I'm missing the point, simply clarify or shut up.

13 Likes

Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by generalbush(m): 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2017
ZarZar:

Aren't they mocking them for not having an elaborate wedding with all the bells & whistles?

If you think I'm missing the point, simply clarify or shut up.

Lol... smiley
Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by SINZ: 4:20pm On Apr 17, 2017
I've seen worse.

1 Like

Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by eyeview: 4:24pm On Apr 17, 2017
This is better than any pretty marital sex.
I know a friend whose wedding was worse than this but today he has over 50 employees and travels all over the world on business and pleasure with the wife.
The poorest wedding is still better than the most expensive affair

12 Likes

Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2017
firstking01:
Are you sure is a pre-wedding photo or they went to see one babalawo for their childlessness?

LOL

That makes sense...
Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by Danielle22(f): 5:15pm On Apr 17, 2017
It is their choice and nobody has to like it

2 Likes

Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by Ajewealth123(m): 5:38pm On Apr 17, 2017
ChuzzyBlog:
This Traditional wedding photo of this couple has gone viral and different people have different opinions about this. Some think it's wise to cut your coat according the material you have (just like the couple did), while some others feel this is quite trashy and they should have waited till they have enough money to do something more befitting!

SOURCE: http://www.chuzzyblog.com.ng/2017/04/cut-your-coat-according-to-you-material.html

lalasticlala, ijebabe
oga you miss it on this.
Let me enlighten you. Those couple are gorgeously dressed and that's how they arrange their tradition sitting place in their area.
Why not come up with pics of people in attendant? I can seem to find the picture in my archive but I remembered vividly a doctor friend we went for his engagement in IMO state,this was exactly how both the couple's sitting place was arrange. This doctor am talking about is well to do. But canopy was put in place for every other person to sit in only them say in a similar place like this so it is their culture and custom.

3 Likes

Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 17, 2017
firstking01:
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by Swizdoe(m): 12:23am On Apr 18, 2017
ZarZar:
Love and happiness cannot work together with poverty undecided
Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by sirusX(m): 2:35am On Apr 18, 2017
Swizdoe:

Hope you know the rich too still divorce undecided

Nothing material guarantees happiness...it takes commitment from the couple to make it work with God on their side

3 Likes

Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 5:22am On Apr 18, 2017
Swizdoe:

And it works very well with money right? How would you explain the break down of many celebrity marriages?

1 Like

Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 18, 2017
sirusX:

Hope you know the rich too still divorce undecided

Nothing material guarantees happiness...it takes commitment from the couple to make it work with God on their side

Preach!

1 Like

Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 6:13am On Apr 18, 2017
I Luv the way it went. Simple and straightforward

Father's Advise.
Are u married or Not !!!!
Read this and learn.

"Dad, can you loan me Five Hundred Thousand Naira?" Kola asked his father.
"What for son?"His father asked."For my wedding. By our calculations, we're falling short meeting the cost"Kola had come to meet his parents with his fiancé."Your wedding?
How much is the total cost of the wedding?" His father asked. "3.6 million. We're thinking of starting the committee next week. We can together give about eight hundred thousand and expect our friends to help us raise about two million. I remember you told me if ever I need help I can come to you" Kola answered.
His father held him by the shoulder and said "Go get your wife and come meet me at my study room"
"Yes dad" Kola obliged.
Minutes later, Kola and his fiancé,Tomilayo walked into his father's study room.
"Having a good time my daughter?" Kola's father asked.
"Yes I am. You and your wife are so hospitable. I pray that Kola and I can emulate your marriage. You are an admirable couple" answered Kola's fiance.
"Thank you. I am delighted to have you as my daughter. This is your home, you're welcome anytime" said father.
They sat down.
"Thank you dad"
"So, I hear you want to spend 3.6 million for your wedding and you need me to help with four hundred thousand?" Asked father.
"Yes, we will greatly appreciate" said the fiancé.
"The wedding will be at the Total Garden Ibadan in about six months time" said Kola.
"Why do you want to have a big wedding?" father asked.
"Well, it's our big day. She's always dreamt of a big wedding" Kola replied.
"Have you dreamt of a big wedding or a strong marriage?" The father asked the fiancé.
"When you put it that way, it's more of a strong marriage" said the fiancé.
"Good. You've answered wisely. So who do you expect to come for your wedding?" Asked the Father.
"Friends and relatives. About seven hundred people" answered Kola.
"How many true friends do you really have? I mean friends who have been tried and tested to be there for you through thick and thin?" Asked the father.
Kola and Tomilayo looked at each other."Countable" The fiancé answered.
"So who are these other people who will come to your wedding?" Asked the father.
Silence.
"OK. Let's go to the relatives. I know you love your relatives, but how many are really close to you? You barely talk with the many relatives you have" said the father.
"What are you trying to say dad?" asked Kola.
"My son, my daughter; why do you want to spend 3.6 million on a wedding, a one day event yet you need the money in your marriage? Look, you are actually coming to ask me for money, you will form a committee to ask people for money; all to show off and please people who will not even matter in your marriage"
Silence.
The father continued, "Let me share with you my experience. When I married your mother, we spent about a million for the wedding. That was a lot of money then. We fed people, got stressed by service providers, just so that we put up a wedding that will win the applause of a crowd. But as soon as we got married, the crowd disappeared. All the issues that your mother and I went through, no one cared, even family couldn't do much. Every one is busy living their life. When things got tough, the crowd gossiped about us, some even seemed happy that our marriage was in trouble"
Silence.
"I have seen this script repeated over and over. Brides get stressed on their wedding day, they can't even enjoy, couples being angry at friends who don't support them financially, the worst part is starting marriage in debt or struggling financially. Do you know a wedding doesn't have to cost so much, it doesn't have to be stressful, it doesn't have to be full of people who perhaps will never talk to you again?" added the father.
"But dad, what will people think if we do a small wedding or we don't invite them?" Asked the fiancé.
"Are you getting married for people? If you have a small wedding with only the witnesses who matter, will you two not be married?

1 Like

Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by Onyenna(m): 6:48am On Apr 18, 2017
ZarZar:

Well said dear

2 Likes

Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by owem19(m): 7:16am On Apr 18, 2017
Na shrine b dat
Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by owem19(m): 7:17am On Apr 18, 2017
shocked :[right][/right] angry grin grin
Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 18, 2017
At least they have wedded.
Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by Nbote(m): 11:09am On Apr 18, 2017
Abeg make una leave dem, na so dem wan do am... No b how far na how well.. Tiwa Savage got married in dubai, Ubi Franklin had a lavish ceremony, how their market?? Whether anybody likes it or not dey are happy nd married, any guest, friend or busybody like d op wey no like am shld go and do their own or show us fotos of their lavish ceremony and their lavish married life after...
Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by greenmonk: 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2017
ChuzzyBlog:

lalasticlala, ijebabe
They are environmentalists. They love the earth and I love them for that.
Re: Cut Your Coat According To Your Size: See This Photo From A Traditional Marriage by rubyandjadeflor: 1:59pm On Apr 18, 2017
This is what they can afford. And i commend them for living within their means. it is 100% BETTER than borrowing to wed just to please people after which you will end up running from creditors when you should be enjoying your honeymoon.. Moroever ,"No one knows tommorow".

(1) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Wants Sex! What Do I Do? / Ladies...how Much Do U Worth In Dowries? / Guys, Would You Allow Your Woman To Walk Around Your House Dressed Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.