Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,146 members, 7,829,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Is Anything Wrong In Living With Your Fiance ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Anything Wrong In Living With Your Fiance ? (714 Views)

Ladies, What Do You Do If You See This Message On Your Fiance's Phone? / Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? / Naija Girls Says Nothing Wrong In Having More Than one Boyfriend... SHOCKING!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anything Wrong In Living With Your Fiance ? by Jcob(m): 4:53pm On Jan 02, 2010
my friend got me thinking. she's getting married next week to a guy she has been staying with for the past 8 years. anything wrong with such idea ?
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Living With Your Fiance ? by Gabry(f): 4:57pm On Jan 02, 2010
Nope. cause I live with mine for the past 6 years. lol! grin
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Living With Your Fiance ? by Jcob(m): 4:59pm On Jan 02, 2010
hmmm
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Living With Your Fiance ? by yme1(f): 5:04pm On Jan 02, 2010
personally i dint dig co-habitation
but that doesn't mean i cant spend the night at his place,i do that but occasionally
how can one spend 8years living with a bf  shocked shocked the the next step is marriage to me the marriageflavour wont be there again jare,you know the new bride thing and all that stuff undecided
but i can only speak for myself and not others.one does whatever rocks his/her boat
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Living With Your Fiance ? by Luvlgenius(m): 5:24pm On Jan 02, 2010
@ Poster Why peck at your own cake?

Its more fun and exciting when he stays at his place and i stay at mine, we can do weekends ofcourse, makes him eager,more hungry 4 the main dish and b4 u know it the wedding bells are ringing.

Once u move in, my dear u have to remind him everyday to tie the knots and b4 u know it u are waiting 4 eight years, that's if u are not kicked out, wink wink
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Living With Your Fiance ? by coolier(f): 5:29pm On Jan 02, 2010
No. I pray they continue to be happy together.
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Living With Your Fiance ? by detopshot(m): 6:18pm On Jan 02, 2010
@Poster: Ur question is wrong grammatically. it should've been: IS ANYTHING WRONG IN LIVING WITH UR FIANCE? if you're in doubt, see the meaning of fiance in ur dict. oya say thank you! now back to your question: IT'S WRONG cos that's not ur husband. he's yet to be
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Living With Your Fiance ? by detopshot(m): 6:18pm On Jan 02, 2010
@coolier: yeah, i pray so
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Living With Your Fiance ? by Jcob(m): 6:26pm On Jan 02, 2010
^ thanks. I only wanted to emphasize my statement. Though have taken to the correction.
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Living With Your Fiance ? by nazzyon(m): 6:27pm On Jan 02, 2010
As long she is the one moving in with me. No problem with that.
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Living With Your Fiance ? by Gabry(f): 6:28pm On Jan 02, 2010
Jcob:

hmmm

Whats wrong wih that?
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Living With Your Fiance ? by hbabe(f): 6:43pm On Jan 02, 2010
Nothing wrong as long as they adults. However I won't do it for selfish reasons. I want to be married to a man before I start picking after him and taking care of him and his house. Also I like my space and privacy and will like to enjoy them for a while before going to shack up with a man.
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Living With Your Fiance ? by cantell(m): 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2010
@Poster,
Unplanned childbirth, thats whats wrong.
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Living With Your Fiance ? by iice(f): 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2010
cantell:

@Poster,
Unplanned childbirth, thats whats wrong.

Erhhh birth control? undecided

@Topic.  It's not for everyone.  I would, do, did cheesy
I know people who have lived together for years. . .they understand each other well.  No one does ish the other doesn't want to do cheesy
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Living With Your Fiance ? by Gabry(f): 8:34pm On Jan 02, 2010
iice:

Erhhh birth control? undecided

@Topic.  It's not for everyone.  I would, do, did cheesy
I know people who have lived together for years. . .they understand each other well.  No one does ish the other doesn't want to do cheesy

Exactly! smiley
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Living With Your Fiance ? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:01am On Jan 03, 2010
Yes everything is wrong with cohabitation. . .If marriages can be broken. . .engagements can also be broken. . .now where does that leave you in such situation? undecided
Re: Is Anything Wrong In Living With Your Fiance ? by ravenzord(m): 8:04am On Jan 03, 2010
First off how can you be engaged for 8 years? I thought engagement was a prelude to marriage.

If it's on the issue of cohabitation between partners, then it should be noted that some folks really don't dig the idea of marriage and it's formalities, some folks like Oprah have lived with their partners for years and don't care about being married. If you are engaged, then you should have fixed a date for marriage, so you don't go chill in your fiance's place for an interminable period. I have nothing against cohabitation, as it helps the partners know themselves and their flaws before marriage, but as s'mun said, it kinda takes the mystery outta marriage. To everyone his own.

(1) (Reply)

Dose This Girl Like Me / Whats Wrong With Falling In Love In 10 Seconds? / Discover The Secret Of Dating Like Romeo And Juliet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.