Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,692 members, 7,837,553 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Like Southern Cameroon,the Faith Of Niger Delta In Nigeria After Biafra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Like Southern Cameroon,the Faith Of Niger Delta In Nigeria After Biafra (2053 Views)

BREAKING: UN Moves To Create New Country Out Of Nigeria, Cameroon •the Nigerian / Opinion:Nnamdi Kanu Is Right;Atiku’s Adamawa Was In Northern Cameroon- The Cable / There Is Nothing Like Southern Unity. I Am Not In Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Like Southern Cameroon,the Faith Of Niger Delta In Nigeria After Biafra by gberra: 5:43pm On Apr 18, 2017
iSlayer2:

Northern British Cameroon chose to leave Nigeria?? When?? Ewooooo. Obviously,you played baba Ijebu with your school fees.
I never mentioned British Cameroon in my post. I said Northern Cameroon.

You were being clever by half tryna set me up but it sorta cool. May I use this opportunity to school you a bit.

Here we go; The British Cameroon is also reffered to as the Far North. Meanwhile the French territory is called the Northern Cameroon. So, i said Northern Cameroon because there had been an incursion of the Fulanis into the Northern region of Cameroon via jihadist occupation long before the arrival of the Europeans on the Cameroonian soil.

Majority of the groups thereafter were Fulanis Muslims who later occupied the land. Despite the affiliations with the far North, chose to remain with the Northern Cameroon for the purpose of expansionism. As we speak, whether anyone likes it or not, the fulanis in North Cameroon are referred to as Cameroonians but not Nigerians.

I think I chose my words carefully unless otherwise proven.

The smiling one.
Re: Like Southern Cameroon,the Faith Of Niger Delta In Nigeria After Biafra by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 18, 2017
slim75d:
okay.....
we the rivers people re not part of ur biafra....
we support ur struggle anyway,
niger delta republic is a better option

Amen!

1 Like

Re: Like Southern Cameroon,the Faith Of Niger Delta In Nigeria After Biafra by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 19, 2017
In both centers members of diverse ethnic groups perceive and interact with one another against a background of widely held stereotypes. Cameroonians view igbos as mercenary, aggressive, opportunistic, unscrupulous, and blatantly tribalistic (traits which igbos freely acknowledge but give positive value). From their own perspective, igbos are ambitious, know the value of money, creat opportunities with very little capital, and are skillful at out-maneuvering competition and oppressive authority. They see accusations of tribalism as merely another example of Cameroonian envy and failure to understand their self-help tradition and potential for organization.

from the igbo perspective, most Cameroonians, especially those from the southern forest areas (the indigenous bafaw and bakundu), are lazy, commercially inept and unwilling to sacrifice comfort and consumption for future advancement.Nevertheless, they are allegedly envious of igbo success and unwilling to recognize the igbo contribution to the development of Cameroon.
........page 95, last paragraph

The same stereotype in Nigeria today, as it is between the igbos/Hausa on one hand and the igbo/yorubas on another hand especially in lagos. the yorubas have even taken it a step further by accusing the igbos of engaging in rituals to succeed in business in a bid to hide their laziness. instead of admitting that the igbos have a thing they don't and finding a way to learn from the igbo.

shame and pride will not anyways.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Like Southern Cameroon,the Faith Of Niger Delta In Nigeria After Biafra by Agumbankembu: 11:28am On Apr 19, 2017
cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

NASS Commences Impeachment Process On PMB / Does This Newswatch Magazine Cover Contradict What PMB Said About Ojukwu? / Busted Again: Ogundamisi Caught Lying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.