Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics (18641 Views)

Nigerian Economy Under My Watch Is Looking Good - President Buhari / 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun / IMF: Nigerian Economy May Collapse If… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by sinistermind(m): 10:21am On Apr 19, 2017
fweshh:
where do u base, garri is 50 naira here in PH oo, we are waiting for it to come down to the former 20 naira

Im in owerri, garri is 100naira here cry cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by thunderbabs: 10:24am On Apr 19, 2017
Figuratively.....fake figures
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:29am On Apr 19, 2017
LiePOBs wouldn't like this at all; just watch as many of them would be refuting this claim; even though they readily accepted such statement when Nigeria was declared to have gone into recession.
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Tex42(m): 10:32am On Apr 19, 2017
sinistermind:
We are happy to know that, but not until i start buying my indomie at 50naira and my garri at 50naira for one cup, im still in recession
Garri should be 20/25 naira per cup o.

Na so we dey buy 4 Awka b4 recession.
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 19, 2017
Zebrudaya666:

[s]that's what your illiterate Buhari caused [/s]
Shut up
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Celsony: 10:46am On Apr 19, 2017
Until i see $1 equal to 150/180 then i wont believe.
Until i see 1 mudu of rice return to its normal price.
Until i see the society return to its normal state, then all this is a scam.
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by OlympioTM(m): 10:53am On Apr 19, 2017
my belief is an average Nigerian as at now is an Entrepreneur who can succeed in whatever business he or she ventures into. If the reports and facts gotten from all over the world and the country itself can not translate to the common man when he goes to the market to make a purchase, then whatever facts and figures you have is to no effect. I believe the Gov't can help SME's practice without much intrusion by tax and registration, and give out necessary needs (factors of production) to them, not necessarily money. even the gov't will be pleased at the growth rate with a year. Give such SME's a five years plan for survival, then after which taxes and revenues can be pain back to the gov't. the growth of these SME's will definitely be the joy of the gov't and the country at large. in fact, its a win/win. grin
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by galaxy2020(m): 10:56am On Apr 19, 2017
Spiritually, yes, physically, no.....
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Jj222(f): 10:56am On Apr 19, 2017
georgen2u:
Until I start buying rice my normal price and transportation reduces it's badadersh only on paper
naso
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by damoneymag(m): 10:58am On Apr 19, 2017
knowing that you are a staunch supporter of this administration, and having followed your comments on this forum for a while now, I must say you've earned my admiration with your comment below. I expected you to start cheering at this economic analysis but then you towed the path of objectivity rather than partisanship.
omenkaLives:
Until Nigerians themselves say it is, until no worker is being owed salaries, until the salary arrears of pensioners are being brought down to, at most, three months, and until I stop fuelling my car with about 47k monthly due to cost of gasoline, these analysts can go fvck themselves on Mount Everest .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by eflintsone(m): 11:31am On Apr 19, 2017
from the way price of bag of rice has reduced and some food items i can believe this , some Igbos will never like this
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by eflintsone(m): 11:40am On Apr 19, 2017
sinistermind:

Im in owerri, garri is 100naira here cry cry
i still dey buy my garri #50 here o
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by nwaiwucharles(m): 12:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
Don't mind them, they are related to lai muhamed
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Charly68: 12:34pm On Apr 19, 2017
I won't believe it until I see the state governments making full payment of their workers salary

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by VULCAN(m): 1:59pm On Apr 19, 2017
Everybody cannot be a global commodities and futures trader like you to enable them earn billions from this news.

And since you have earned billions from this news its time you gave back to the community.

Reference:

The fact that there is electricity means nothing to you until you plug in a device and power on. Similarly this news will have no effect on you until you engage the factors therein. While you wait for prices of consumables to suit your appetite, some others are making multi billion naira decisions based on this news alone. It is all about your knowledge and orientation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Ubenedictus(m): 2:58pm On Apr 19, 2017
Bibors:
Until you show the layman on the street that his salary can now comfortably pay for fuel for his generator, tanker water, disco abi PHCN bills, garri and rice , house rent and school fees to say the least them I will believe the Country is out of recession.

If I mistakenly leave this country, it's bye forever
What you describe above is called inflation, our inflation rate hasn't come down but we are moving out of recession, i.e our economy has began to grow again.
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Ubenedictus(m): 2:59pm On Apr 19, 2017
ZombieTERROR:
I don't believe in all these paid junk journalists.... Because based on logistics and indices On ground ... Prices of materials.. Foodstuff and services are still going up
High prices is actually inflation and that hasnt come down, but it seem we are out of recession.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Omonigeriarere: 3:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
georgen2u:
Until I start buying rice my normal price and transportation reduces it's badadersh only on paper

Price of things dey reduce in Nigeria once it goes up? If you like, let govt reduce the price of petrol to #1 per litre: landlords, distributors, land sellers etc will never reduce their price.
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Omonigeriarere: 3:22pm On Apr 19, 2017
Flyingngel:
So world bank is now our Ministry of Finance or they have special interest in this country. Well like somebody said up there, until it reflect in commodities prices then we are still in recession.

Was World Bank a Ministry of Finance when it was disseminating the failures of the present administration, while you were believing it completely?
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by grandstar(m): 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
georgen2u:

That is a future impossible statement unless the naira is redominated

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Flyingngel(m): 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
Omonigeriarere post:

Was World Bank a Ministry of Finance when it was disseminating the failures of the present administration, while you were believing it completely?

Wetin konsign me with world bank? So you have to wait for world bank to tell you that prices of goods have skyrocket? It seems u need oracle to tell u that we are in deep shit economically; am not the one responsible for your economic backwardness .May be you are buying your own from Niger Republic or Cameroon.
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Nobody: 4:39am On Apr 20, 2017
It's prophetic
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Horus(m): 4:59am On Apr 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAL_O736JgI

Agriculture, vital to Nigeria’s economic recovery- Aliko Dangote
Re: Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics by Emassive(m): 3:14pm On May 08, 2017
Well... we are living it. I just don't wish to raise my kids in another developed society due to the compulsory satanic ideas they dish out to their wards in schools. I want my kids to get a minimum of SSCE grade here before I take them outta here
omenkaLives:
The cost of fueL and vehicle Maintenance is what drives me nuts. Imagine a 72amps battery Now costs over 25k!

Haba! angry

Can't even travel as much as I like to and used to anymore.. Ones savings are being eroded like no man's business and some Yeye analysts sit somewhere to talk nonsense.

Mtscheew.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Not Oldest President In Africa, He Can Rule Beyond 2019 – Adnan Na-Habu / Ohaneze Ndigbo Adopts Atiku Abubakar / Kogi Gov’ship: Mass Defection Looms In PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.