Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) (28994 Views)

Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut / N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State / What Does Public Utility Levy Mean? Mixed Reactions Trail New LASG Levy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by three: 8:42am On Apr 19, 2017
The Lagos State is set to introduce a Public Utility Levy (PUL)

http://www.cleanerlagos.org/public-utility-levy/

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by bakynes(m): 8:50am On Apr 19, 2017
Good initiative,so far they can construct proper drainages and clean them up. But they should not charge an amount low income families won't be able to afford.

15 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by doyinbaby(f): 8:54am On Apr 19, 2017
Lagos will tax people to their last kobo......

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by profhezekiah: 9:10am On Apr 19, 2017
These people are ready to milk lagos dry with little to show for it.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by dlondonbadboy: 9:13am On Apr 19, 2017
...and Nigerians would gladly pay. Or grudgingly pay...the fact is that must pay...

Can you now see how useless Nigerians are? All the tax you have been paying, all the Nepa bills you have been paying, what do you have to show for it?

Useless people...

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by thesicilian: 9:14am On Apr 19, 2017
They'll soon start making us pay Oxygen levy in order for us to be able to breathe clean air in Lagos.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by thesicilian: 9:15am On Apr 19, 2017
dlondonbadboy:
...and Nigerians would gladly pay. Or grudgingly pay...the fact is that must pay...

[s]Can you now see how useless Nigerians are? [/s] All the tax you have been paying, all the Nepa bills you have been paying, what do you have to show for it?

Useless people...

You don't have to insult over 200 million people just to make a point.

88 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by dlondonbadboy: 9:17am On Apr 19, 2017
thesicilian:

You don't have to insult over 200 million people just to make a point.

I'd insult the whole Africa if that would make them act!

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by thesicilian: 9:24am On Apr 19, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

I'd insult the whole Africa if that would make them act!
including your parents?

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by dlondonbadboy: 9:27am On Apr 19, 2017
thesicilian:

including your parents?

I'd insult my parents, your parents, the parents of all nairalanders if and only if they become fools. ( knowing what's right and not doing it, supporting a useless administration bent on killing us, etc)

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by stevecantrell: 9:36am On Apr 19, 2017
Now I know that discovery of crude oil in Lagos is a big LIE.
Or how do you explain the sick desire of these people to make NDelta revenue off the blood and sweat of Lagosians ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by Horlufemi(m): 9:42am On Apr 19, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

Can you now see how useless Nigerians are? All the tax you have been paying, all the Nepa bills you have been paying, what do you have to show for it?

Useless people...

For your mind you don make sense. Like when you go to the UK or US you won't pay bills. Lagos is trying to do the right thing.

lemme ask how would you do it better.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by omenkaLives(m): 9:49am On Apr 19, 2017
Good thing is Legosians are seeing some benefits to all these..

Lagos and taxation.. cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by omenkaLives(m): 9:51am On Apr 19, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

Useless people...
Imagine the trash one is emiting so early in the day.. sad

8 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by 9jabull: 10:19am On Apr 19, 2017
Is it for the amenities they provide or the one about to provide, last i check its individuals that provide their needed basic amenities, like water, electricity etc.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 19, 2017
You would never know the situation first hand until you break down your payslip according to your needs..

Rent of N500k - 42k monthly
Food of N1k - 31k monthly
Transport N1k - 31k monthly
Phcn - N10k - 10k month
Dstv - N3k - 3k monthly
Clothing - N5k - 5k monthly - starch/detergent/purchase
Miscellenous - N5k - 5k monthly - gift/household items
Security levy - N3k - 3k monthly - security dues
Recharge card - N1500 monthly - no data sub

Total - 131k approx - how many earn 131k/month (note this is for a very regimented lifestyle) - No savings, no car, no auto maintenance... no extra pure water or coke... if you buy beer today, you might not be able to pay rent tomorrow, no amenities (tv,dvd,etc).

Add PUL to it.....

If you are not feeling the heat yet... your parents are

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by Ballmer: 10:28am On Apr 19, 2017
I love this. Let the politician tax the masses to death, slowly but eventually when the burden is unbearable the masses will revolt. Akinwunmi more taxing to your elbow.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by thesicilian: 10:38am On Apr 19, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

I'd insult my parents

33 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by dlondonbadboy: 2:18pm On Apr 19, 2017
omenkaLives:
Imagine the trash one is emiting so early in the day.. sad

What's your dumb definition of trash?

10 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2017
Esseite:
You would never know the situation first hand until you break down your payslip according to your needs..

Rent of N500k - 42k monthly
Food of N1k - 31k monthly
Transport N1k - 31k monthly
Phcn - N10k - 10k month
Dstv - N3k - 3k monthly
Clothing - N5k - 5k monthly - starch/detergent/purchase
Miscellenous - N5k - 5k monthly - gift/household items
Security levy - N3k - 3k monthly - security dues
Recharge card - N1500 monthly - no data sub

Total - 131k approx - how many earn 131k/month (note this is for a very regimented lifestyle) - No savings, no car, no auto maintenance... no extra pure water or coke... if you buy beer today, you might not be able to pay rent tomorrow, no amenities (tv,dvd,etc).

Add PUL to it.....

If you are not feeling the heat yet... your parents are

So, move to a State with lower taxes why must you stay in Lagos and want to enjoy the limited amenities for free?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 19, 2017
Tax everywhere.
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by gurnam: 2:26pm On Apr 19, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

What's your dumb definition of trash?

Eh come here!! why are you so aggressive.? You are free to insult your parents if you don't hold them high, but don't insult other people's parents or else you will get thrown out of NL by mynd44 cool

13 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by gurnam: 2:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
We have 36 states in Nigeria, you don't need to die in Lagos if your income cannot accommodate the expenses.
There are cheaper states.

9 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by dlondonbadboy: 2:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
NubiLove:
Tax everywhere.

And the ignorant poor fools are supporting it. Cos their mother's is still breast feeding them..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by gurnam: 2:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

Don't talk like some of the fools we have on nairaland..you are wiser wink
Some of us get really angry when some cows think they can oppress people cos they are in government...

Lagos is choked up with daily human migration from all over Nigeria, mostly by non-professionals that can only come to add more burden on the already lean resources.
The population is exploding, with more population, the more increase in crime rates, mostly by those coming from other states.
LAGOS MUST CONTROL THIS UNBRIDLED INFLUX ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by bantudra: 2:51pm On Apr 19, 2017
[quote author=PDJT post=55712673][/quote]

if you have nothing to write then move on to the next comment....i dont have time for childish behaviors...
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by bantudra: 2:53pm On Apr 19, 2017
gurnam:

Lagos is choked up with daily human migration from all over Nigeria, mostly by non-professionals that can only come to add more burden on the already lean resources.
The population is exploding, with more population, the more increase in crime rates, mostly by those coming from other states.
LAGOS MUST CONTROL THIS UNBRIDLED INFLUX ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.

start with stoping the igbos from entering lagos....they contribute nothing and make the loudest noise...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by signz: 2:59pm On Apr 19, 2017
I don't even blame Lagos State Government.

I blame FG for refusing to make other seaports viable especially in SS, so we wouldn't all be in Lagos State.

I also blame all the SS state elites for not putting enough pressure on Abuja to either construct a viable seaport or make the available ones viable.

Even if the rumours are true, i heard Ondo has access to sea. Please build another seaport in Ondo state since you don't want another region to have a viable seaport.

Nigeria needs another state to compete with Lagos state.

Ambode wehdone sir

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 19, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:

So, move to a State with lower taxes why must you stay in Lagos and want to enjoy the limited amenities for free?

The quote below is from a similar situation. Recession in the USA in 1982.. be enlightened, saner climes took better alternative. Not everything is a tribal, ethnic or regional comparison.

According to Keynesian economists, a combination of deficit spending and the lowering of interest rates would slowly lead to economic recovery. However, conservatives insist that the significantly lower tax rates caused the recovery. From a high of 10.8% in December 1982, unemployment gradually improved until it fell to 7.2% on Election Day in 1984. Nearly two million people left the unemployment rolls. Inflation fell from 10.3% in 1981 to 3.2% in 1983.Corporate earnings rose by 29% in the July-September quarter of 1983, compared with the same period in 1982. Some of the most dramatic improvements came in industries hardest hit by the recession, such as paper and forest products, rubber, airlines, and the auto industry.

I hope with this little words of mine, i have been able to convince and not confuse you on the need to increase the spending power of the populace

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Secrecy, Doubts Trail One Billion Barrels Oil Discovery In North / Dankwambo Dumps Wike’s Camp, Donates 20 Buses To Atiku’s Campaign / Osinbajo: Buhari Government Facing Unprecedented Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.