Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,118 members, 7,828,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) (29034 Views)

Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut / N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State / What Does Public Utility Levy Mean? Mixed Reactions Trail New LASG Levy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by bakynes(m): 7:11pm On Apr 19, 2017
willibounce1:

You people should continue to accept all sorts of rubbish from your useless and greedy leaders. All the levies and taxes they have been collecting, what did they use them for?
Many homes don't do Drainages in front of their houses those that did refused to clean them up so if they collect a small levy to build and clean it up regularly what's bad in that. If you want someone to clean your drainage won't u pay them.
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by deomello: 7:12pm On Apr 19, 2017
willibounce1:

There he goes. The usual brain dead talk about village. You people will suffer till you die. Suffering and smiling.

deomello:

In Lagos, we see everyday what do with our money, but I don't think you can show us what they do with your own money in your villages.

You are the one suffering since you can not show us hat they are doing with your taxes and allocation in your village.

Face your village, fight for your own people in your village, it's not by force to die over Lagos.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by 36STATES: 7:13pm On Apr 19, 2017
bantudra:

start with stoping the igbos from entering lagos....they contribute nothing and make the loudest noise...

Igbos will be the last people to move because of rent. Yorubas are already moving to Ogun state...after spending their money on owanbe.

4 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by deomello: 7:15pm On Apr 19, 2017
willibounce1:

My rant sounds hateful to only people who have mental problems. People who think govt is doing them a huge favour by embezzling their money. I don't blame you. You are used to mediocrity and hardship

You do gra gra and only concerned about Lagos state, when are going to start doing the same gra gra and concern about your poor villages where they don't tax you?

Of course it's hate, bitter and anger driving your rant.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by 36STATES: 7:16pm On Apr 19, 2017
deomello:
Lagos is doing more than required by any state by shouldering the burden Nigeria and many failed states in Nigeria. Taking care of 20 million plus people with thousands entering Lagos everyday, weakening and stressing non adequate infrastructure is a huge burden and when Lagos state asked for special status, funds and recognition, Nigeria refused while many, especially Igbos jubilation even though they are they benefit from the same Lagos state.

The funds got to come from somewhere so either from Nigeria or from Lagosians and parasites. There is no free ride anywhere including Lagos.

We as a society can not have it both ways.

FGN built Lagos state like they built Abuja.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by willibounce1(m): 7:17pm On Apr 19, 2017
bakynes:

Many homes don't do Drainages in front of their houses those that did refused to clean them up so if they collect a small levy to build and clean it up regularly what's bad in that. If you want someone to clean your drainage won't u pay them.

Deep down you know this politicians are just looking for ways to make money. They are not going to construct jack or clean sh.it for anybody. They already have a law to fine anyone landlord who doesn't keep his environment clean. If a street is dirty and unkempt, the houses are fined. That's what MOE does. So what rubbish drainage are they constructing again. The money they made from fines what did they use it for?

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by willibounce1(m): 7:18pm On Apr 19, 2017
deomello:

You are the one suffering since you can not show us hat they are doing with your taxes and allocation in your village.

Face your village, fight for your own people in your village, it's not by force to die over Lagos.

Tell us what they have done with the taxes. And stop repeating the same line of going back to your village. That line is stale. Use your head. It's not for decoration.

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by willibounce1(m): 7:24pm On Apr 19, 2017
36STATES:

Igbos will be the last people to move because of rent. Yorubas are already moving to Ogun state...after spending their money on owanbe.

This is not an igbo/yoruba issue. This is about Nigerians using their brain. No govt is doing anybody a favour. These animals collect huge amount of salary every month excluding the money they steal daily. If EFCC begins to investigate the owners of most houses in banana island, ikoyi, lekki and all.those expensive areas, 80% of them are owned by these evil politicians and governors especially. That's what they use people's taxes for. they demolish people's houses just to build their own personal project and deceive the people. If you know how much these cannibals make from taxes you will understand that they are not doing jack. It's just the stupid people who always praise them that are encouraging all these nonsense

3 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by willibounce1(m): 7:25pm On Apr 19, 2017
deomello:

You do gra gra and only concerned about Lagos state, when are going to start doing the same gra gra and concern about your poor villages where they don't tax you?

Of course it's hate, bitter and anger driving your rant.

Please stop quoting me if you won't use your brain.

3 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by deomello: 7:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
willibounce1:

Tell us what they have done with the taxes. And stop repeating the same line of going back to your village. That line is stale. Use your head. It's not for decoration.

You mean you can not show us what they do with your own tax money in your own perfect village?

See your life? it is not by force to kill yourself over Lagos, face your own village and let Lagos people worry about Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by deomello: 7:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
willibounce1:

Please stop quoting me if you won't use your brain.

You don't get to dictate when, how or who quote you on a public forum. Get over yourself.

If you are going to badmouth other states, be matured enough to show us the good examples in your own state.

Show us what they are doing with your own money in your own state.
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by willibounce1(m): 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
deomello:

You mean you can not show us what they do with your own tax money in your own perfect village?

See your life? it is not by force to kill yourself over Lagos, face your own village and let Lagos people worry about Lagos.

Oga ade! OK I cannot show what they do with taxes in.my village. Please tell me what they use taxes for in Lagos. I am in the Lagos and cannot see anything reasonable. Maybe painting of walls is what they use taxes for. Omo ase!

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by deomello: 7:34pm On Apr 19, 2017
36STATES:

FGN built Lagos state like they built Abuja.

FG built a state that's already built even before Nigeria.

Abeg tell us how they built Lagos.
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by deomello: 7:36pm On Apr 19, 2017
willibounce1:

Oga ade! OK I cannot show what they do with taxes in.my village. Please tell me what they use taxes for in Lagos. I am in the Lagos and cannot see anything reasonable. Maybe painting of walls is what they use taxes for. Omo ase!

You are not in Lagos and you can not see Lagos from your village.
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by willibounce1(m): 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2017
deomello:

You don't get to dictate when, how or who quote you on a public forum. Get over yourself.

If you are going to badmouth other states, be matured enough to show us the good examples in your own state.

Show us what they are doing with your own money in your own state.

STFU! I am in Lagos. I am not daft as you guys who praise your useless leaders for doing mediocre projects. Whatever is making you jump and celebrate failure is not new to me. Imagine people celebrating roads, streetlights, overhead bridges, flowers, paintings at this age and time, in 2017? Projects that are inflated and done with public funds. Are these the things you are happy about? That's you you people buy aso ebi and throw a party to commission BRT terminals and over head bridges? Ara gbogboyin o ya rara. Ori yin to gbale.

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by willibounce1(m): 7:46pm On Apr 19, 2017
The other day, some goats were celebrating ultra modern filling station in anambra. These ones are here defending an praising a useless govt that has done nothing reasonable. How will your country ever move forward. Yet they be complaining and cursing the same politicians for stealing millions of dollars. Why won't they steal when they know majority of you don't have functioning brain to know what you are entitled to.

3 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by deomello: 8:10pm On Apr 19, 2017
[s]
willibounce1:

STFU! I am in Lagos. I am not daft as you guys who praise your useless leaders for doing mediocre projects. Whatever is making you jump and celebrate failure is not new to me. Imagine people celebrating roads, streetlights, overhead bridges, flowers, paintings at this age and time, in 2017? Projects that are inflated and done with public funds. Are these the things you are happy about? That's you you people buy aso ebi and throw a party to commission BRT terminals and over head bridges? Ara gbogboyin o ya rara. Ori yin to gbale.
[/s]

You are not in Lagos, you don't even have money to enter bus to go to Lagos.

Worry about your village.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by bantudra: 8:16pm On Apr 19, 2017
signz:
I don't even blame Lagos State Government.

I blame FG for refusing to make other seaports viable especially in SS, so we wouldn't all be in Lagos State.

I also blame all the SS state elites for not putting enough pressure on Abuja to either construct a viable seaport or make the available ones viable.

Even if the rumours are true, i heard Ondo has access to sea. Please build another seaport in Ondo state since you don't want another region to have a viable seaport.

Nigeria needs another state to compete with Lagos state.

Ambode wehdone sir

look...the problem is not about building ports all along the atlantic..the problem is if this ports can sustain themselves alone...

if the lagos port couldnt sustain itself it would have shut down along time ago...

ports started with the slave trade...their was a slave trade port in the east too...but it shut down....why??...

building ports is not beans..its very expensive..thinking if you build a port and it will turn to new york,hongkong port overnight is ridiculous....
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by signz: 8:20pm On Apr 19, 2017
mywells:
no state can competes with Lagos

Of course no state can compete with Lagos atleast for the foreseeable future. Lagos will continue to be the Financial, Entertainment, IT, etc capital of not just Nigeria but West Africa.

But having a viable seapprt elsewhere not Lagos will make life easier for Nigerians. Even if it means taking 30% of all Shipping/maritime businesses from Lagos to the other state with a viable seapprt that will really ease the population troubles of Lagos state.

Make no mistake, Lagos will still be numero uno in them maritime industry if it happens.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by godquality: 8:20pm On Apr 19, 2017
dlondonbadboy:
...and Nigerians would gladly pay. Or grudgingly pay...the fact is that must pay...

Can you now see how useless Nigerians are? All the tax you have been paying, all the Nepa bills you have been paying, what do you have to show for it?

Useless people...
do what are you insinuating? They should not pay?
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by bantudra: 8:27pm On Apr 19, 2017
signz:

Of course no state can compete with Lagos atleast for the foreseeable future. Lagos will continue to be the Financial, Entertainment, IT, etc capital of not just Nigeria but West Africa.

But having a viable seapprt elsewhere not Lagos will make life easier for Nigerians. Even if it means taking 30% of all Shipping/maritime businesses from Lagos to the other state with a viable seapprt that will really ease the population troubles of Lagos state.

Make no mistake, Lagos will still be numero uno in them maritime industry if it happens.

you can not force it.....the east doesnt have a port because their is not enough demand for it...

look at you...you ship your goods to the east and transport it via land to lagos??...does that even make sense to you??..

you dont have enough buy power in the east...atleast not yet...
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by willibounce1(m): 8:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
deomello:
[s][/s]

You are not in Lagos, you don't even have money to enter bus to go to Lagos.

Worry about your village.

You don't know what to type again na. As you don see say the yarnings don pass the capacity wey your brain fit carry. Pele..omo oju o rolari...Lagos is London to you. Iti!

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by bantudra: 8:30pm On Apr 19, 2017
the money is in lagos...thats just facts...if the money was in enugu,believe me,everybody would be trooping to enugu wheather the igbos like it or not...its all about the money....
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by BlowBack: 8:30pm On Apr 19, 2017
agberoe govt

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by signz: 8:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
bantudra:

look...the problem is not about building ports all along the atlantic..the problem is if this ports can sustain themselves alone...

if the lagos port couldnt sustain itself it would have shut down along time ago...

ports started with the slave trade...their was a slave trade port in the east too...but it shut down....why??...

building ports is not beans..its very expensive..thinking if you build a port and it will turn to new york,hongkong port overnight is ridiculous....

That's why I said viable seapprt.

But I think its mental laziness on our part (especially our leaders)to think that only 1 seaport can be viable in a big country as ours

I know there's so much economics, environment and business that must be taken into consideration before a seaport is built. I recently heard that's what has been delaying Ibom ibaka deep seaport but they'll soon for all the i's and cross all the t's.

I'm for opening up of every single hamlet in this country to trade and commerce and one sure way of doing that is through transportation (Sea Port)
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by bantudra: 8:39pm On Apr 19, 2017
signz:

But I think its mental laziness on our part (especially our leaders)to think that only 1 seaport can be viable in a big country as ours

I know there's so much economics, environment and business that must be taken into consideration before a seaport is built. I recently heard that's what has been delaying Ibom ibaka deep seaport but they'll soon for all the i's and cross all the t's.

I'm for opening up of every single hamlet in this country to trade and commerce and one sure way of doing that is through transportation (Sea Port)

its not the business of the goverment to be building ports all over the place...its the job of private investors...

what you are asking for is a communistic system like the soviet union...
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by Annie939(f): 8:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
but you guys said he's the best governor
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by bantudra: 8:55pm On Apr 19, 2017
Langbasa:
Mr Bantudra.....

you mean rather a keke natep....
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by deomello: 8:56pm On Apr 19, 2017
signz:

Governments don't build seaports, private entities does.

2 deep seaports are under construction in Lagos and they are both largely private.

Let your state governments make the case for seaports before investors and see where where it gets you.

The market place decides, not emotions, sentiments and tribal pride.

Lagos and the SW is the largest market in Nigeria so where is the sense in shipping to the SE or SS, then turn around and ship to Lagos. You've already added extra cost to your goods and services.
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by bantudra: 8:59pm On Apr 19, 2017
deomello:

Governments don't build seaports, private entities does.

2 deep seaports are under construction in Lagos and they are both largely private.

Let your state governments make the case for seaports before investors and see where where it gets you.

The market place decides, not emotions, sentiments and tribal pride.

Lagos and the SW is the largest market in Nigeria so where is the sense in shipping to the SE or SS, then turn around and ship to Lagos. You've already added extra cost to your goods and services.

facts in a democratic system..our gdp is nothing compared to for example britain...its very ridiculous to think every area along the atlantic coast deserves a port...with jonathan you can dream of that but with buhari you can forget dreaming...

we should stick to facts and stop dreaming...
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by deomello: 9:22pm On Apr 19, 2017
bantudra:

facts in a democratic system..our gdp is nothing compared to for example britain...its very ridiculous to think every area along the atlantic coast deserves a port...with jonathan you can dream of that but with buhari you can forget dreaming...

we should stick to facts and stop dreaming...

1. Last time I checked, Lagos and the coasts along the SS have functional seaports because they have what's called sea or ocean

2. Last time I checked, they don't have sea or ocean in the SE so exactly where are you suggesting the FG put the seaport?

Or you just want the FG to divert the ocean into the SE and put a seaport there for you?

I really don't get you people, all you care about is needless competition and me too me too syndrome.

Yes during GEJ's admin, all they did was dream, lie and loot and even though the funds was available, but they did nothing but loot every penny so what moral authority do you really have to invoke that name or use as an excuse? Or did he deliver your 2nd NB as promised? Did he built roads and bridges all over the SE? Exactly what did he do for you?
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by bantudra: 9:23pm On Apr 19, 2017
wait,waiiiittttttttttttttttttt....are you igbos feeling marganalized because you dont have a seaport like lagos

is that what all this brouhahas is all about.....

please,go learn basic economics than blaming others for that...ridiculous!!!!!...... angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Sends Out Second Video - "We Will Consume Jonathan In 3 Months" / Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder / Army Holds Private Burial For 100 Soldiers Killed By Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.