Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) (29021 Views)

Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut / N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State / What Does Public Utility Levy Mean? Mixed Reactions Trail New LASG Levy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by OlugbengaE: 3:57pm On Apr 19, 2017
bakynes:

Some low income families too have houses Now. Poor man too dey struggle build one room and parlour house.

Then he will pay
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:07pm On Apr 19, 2017
doyinbaby:
Lagos will tax people to their last kobo......

relocate to your village then..
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by Xano(m): 4:10pm On Apr 19, 2017
Thank you 19naia

19naia:
They pay that in USA but it is part of the Water supply bill.
You pay for the water supply they have provided via a meter, amd they add on the waste water and rubbish collection fees which are standard rate for every house. Only the water portion is billed accorging to meter reading like they do with electricity.

But for Lagos to be supplying No water to most of Lagos and forbidding people from digging their own boreholes, it seems rather backward to then be approaching with this which includes waste water management. What water have they provided that they want to be managing the waste water return? Another revenue scheme for looters?
They have not yet mastered electricity supply or Water supply but they are moving in with fees for other forms of supply on top of the failed supply of paid electricity services. People pay for electricity they do not recieve and they are not seeing sense in this scheme to pay for other services they are likely not to recieve.

Gurnam , I thought of a better way to reply you, but this quote above is close to best answer to you. If you are a lawyer(law practitioner) or social worker, you would know better. There are taxes which seem like duplicate tax and taxes without merit.

gurnam:

Lagos is choked up with daily human migration from all over Nigeria, mostly by non-professionals that can only come to add more burden on the already lean resources.
The population is exploding, with more population, the more increase in crime rates, mostly by those coming from other states.
LAGOS MUST CONTROL THIS UNBRIDLED INFLUX ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by sanandreas(m): 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2017
One day Lagos would be like Detroit a failed American state with all her automobile industries. FG should make sure Southern ports start functioning and watch how Lagos become a ghost city. Tax duplication ahn

5 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by Langbasa: 4:25pm On Apr 19, 2017
bantudra:

start with stoping the igbos from entering lagos....they contribute nothing and make the loudest noise...
Mr Bantudra.....

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by mywells: 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2017
signz:
I don't even blame Lagos State Government.

I blame FG for refusing to make other seaports viable especially in SS, so we wouldn't all be in Lagos State.

I also blame all the SS state elites for not putting enough pressure on Abuja to either construct a viable seaport or make the available ones viable.

Even if the rumours are true, i heard Ondo has access to sea. Please build another seaport in Ondo state since you don't want another region to have a viable seaport.

Nigeria needs another state to compete with Lagos state.

Ambode wehdone sir
no state can competes with Lagos
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by deomello: 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2017
sanandreas:
One day Lagos would be like Detroit a failed American state with all her automobile industries. FG should make sure Southern ports start functioning and watch how Lagos become a ghost city. Tax duplication ahn

Typical ipob negative mentality and delusions.
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by deomello: 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
Lagos is doing more than required by any state by shouldering the burden Nigeria and many failed states in Nigeria. Taking care of 20 million plus people with thousands entering Lagos everyday, weakening and stressing non adequate infrastructure is a huge burden and when Lagos state asked for special status, funds and recognition, Nigeria refused while many, especially Igbos jubilation even though they are they benefit from the same Lagos state.

The funds got to come from somewhere so either from Nigeria or from Lagosians and parasites. There is no free ride anywhere including Lagos.

We as a society can not have it both ways.
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by sanandreas(m): 4:35pm On Apr 19, 2017
deomello:

Typical ipob negative mentality and delusions.

What makes u feel everyone is ipob? We used to have a port in Calabar, Warri, Sapele and Port Harcourt. If the FG can lift crude from the seas, what prevents them from siting a functional seaport? You scream ipob and there forgetting that Igbos are the one making Lagos seaport boom. The Yorubas are treacherous and the South have their own Lagos which is PH.

5 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by SKYWEAVER: 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

I'd insult the whole Africa if that would make them act!
Insult all of we!
Us are jst too gullible & foolhardy!

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by stevecantrell: 4:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

And the ignorant poor fools are supporting it. Cos their mother's is still breast feeding them..

Most of them don't even own a C of O and are living /squatting somewhere rent free...don't blame them.

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by oloyesaso(m): 4:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
sanandreas:

What makes u feel everyone is ipob? We used to have a port in Calabar, Warri, Sapele and Port Harcourt. If the FG can lift crude from the seas, what prevents them from siting a functional seaport? You scream ipob and there forgetting that Igbos are the one making Lagos seaport boom. The Yorubas are treacherous and the South have their own Lagos which is PH.

All the ports you mentioned are still operational you can make use of them

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by stevecantrell: 4:52pm On Apr 19, 2017
SIRmanjar:

U are very right friend..Can u imagine dat wicked muscle head of a governor,introducing different tax wit nothing to show for the once we have bin paying,and people will still rush to pay this one.

Really ?

How much is the salary of the average Lagosian ?
A lot of these people here are just making mouth...come 2019 they will be begging Uncle Jimi to come save them grin

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by VULCAN(m): 5:13pm On Apr 19, 2017
Just look at the tummy of the man who is announcing more taxes!

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by karma2000: 5:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
are we to say dat karma from lagos state govt awaits defaulters of dis new law?
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by deomello: 5:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
sanandreas:

I don't remember saying everyone is ipob.

Read and comprehend carefully.

And per the highlighted, that's a reflection of your ipb delusions. You beat Your porous chest all the time that you own everything and everybody is eating and breathing because you control everything, but you still cry, complain and play victim everyday.

I know you've been reciting that Yoruba people are treacherous rant from birth, but what's Yoruba people got to do with your illogical rant, if you are so powerful and control everything like you love you repeat all over the place, why not just build your own port just like Lagos state is doing without waiting or sitting around for the FG to build anything for them.

Lagos state is building not 1, but 2 deep seaports, the largest in Africa.

All you people do is boast and boast, but at the end of the day, your boast remains empty and shallow.

Btw, all the ports you mentioned are all operational and in service.
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by frubben(m): 5:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

I'd insult my parents, your parents, the parents of all nairalanders if and only if they become fools. ( knowing what's right and not doing it, supporting a useless administration bent on killing us, etc)

You lack sense

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by willibounce1(m): 6:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
bakynes:
Good initiative,so far they can construct proper drainages and clean them up. But they should not charge an amount low income families won't be able to afford.

You people should continue to accept all sorts of rubbish from your useless and greedy leaders. All the levies and taxes they have been collecting, what did they use them for?

3 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by willibounce1(m): 6:53pm On Apr 19, 2017
dlondonbadboy:
...and Nigerians would gladly pay. Or grudgingly pay...the fact is that must pay...

Can you now see how useless Nigerians are? All the tax you have been paying, all the Nepa bills you have been paying, what do you have to show for it?

Useless people...

Asin extremely useless country with people who behave in a totally abnormal way. They will be praising stupid and bas.tard leaders for putting more hardship on them. Everything is a welcome development to them. I have always said it. If you pay taxes regularly and you praise any governor or politician, your brain is definitely not working. Bad roads, no water, no light, no drainage, even all the nonsense Street lights they made noise about are all going off. If you sit down and calculate how much tax this useless govt take from your salary every month, you will realise that the money will do.something meaningful to your life than giving it to some bast.ards who use it for personal projects.

4 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by deomello: 6:54pm On Apr 19, 2017
willibounce1:

You people should continue to accept all sorts of rubbish from your useless and greedy leaders. All the levies and taxes they have been collecting, what did they use them for?

In Lagos, we see everyday what do with our money, but I don't think you can show us what they do with your own money in your villages.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by tribalistseun: 6:54pm On Apr 19, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:

So, move to a State with lower taxes why must you stay in Lagos and want to enjoy the limited amenities for free?
which amenity?

3 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by willibounce1(m): 6:55pm On Apr 19, 2017
Horlufemi:

For your mind you don make sense. Like when you go to the UK or US you won't pay bills. Lagos is trying to do the right thing.

lemme ask how would you do it better.

You will compare UK and US to your useless country in terms of infrastructure? When you pay water and light bills don't you get the water and light? Are the roads not good? Is public transport not reasonable over there. I feel like hitting a guiness bottle on your head right now.

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by deomello: 6:55pm On Apr 19, 2017
[s]
willibounce1:

Asin extremely useless country with people who behave in a totally abnormal way. They will be praising stupid and bas.tard leaders for putting more hardship on them. Everything is a welcome development to them. I have always said it. If you pay taxes regularly and you praise any governor or politician, your brain is definitely not working. Bad roads, no water, no light, no drainage, even all the nonsense Street lights they made noise about are all going off. If you sit down and calculate how much tax this useless govt take from your salary every month, you will realise that the money will do.something meaningful to your life than giving it to some bast.ards who use it for personal projects.
[/s]

We know you people and we are used to your hateful, bitter and angry rants.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by VanBommel(m): 6:57pm On Apr 19, 2017
SalamRushdie:

What exactly is good about this ? Are we not paying Land use charge already? Are we not paying taxes already ? Are we not paying Lawma fees monthly already ? Please what exactly sure good about this
some people are just so stvpid. The id!ot you quoted, I'm sure he hasn't paid all the bills they bring to his doorstep

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by willibounce1(m): 6:57pm On Apr 19, 2017
miky:
You can always leave Lagos and go back to your state or village.. where there are no drainage, hawkers on the main road, leave Lagos for us

Stop saying this nonsense. Tell your govt to do what is right. What TF is wrong with these Nigerians self.

3 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by ginggerxy: 6:57pm On Apr 19, 2017
bantudra:

start with stoping the igbos from entering lagos....they contribute nothing and make the loudest noise...
menh see hate lol

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by willibounce1(m): 7:01pm On Apr 19, 2017
deomello:

In Lagos, we see everyday what do with our money, but I don't think you can show us what they do with your own money in your villages.

There he goes. The usual brain dead talk about village. You people will suffer till you die. Suffering and smiling.

2 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by BamideleOJ: 7:02pm On Apr 19, 2017
i tesiwaju Eko. Ojuse gbogbo wa ni the growth of Lagos is our collective effort
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by BamideleOJ: 7:02pm On Apr 19, 2017
i tesiwaju Eko. Ojuse gbogbo wa ni the growth of Lagos is our collective effort
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by willibounce1(m): 7:03pm On Apr 19, 2017
deomello:
[s][/s]

We know you people and we are used to your hateful, bitter and angry rants.

My rant sounds hateful to only people who have mental problems. People who think govt is doing them a huge favour by embezzling their money. I don't blame you. You are used to mediocrity and hardship

3 Likes

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by VanBommel(m): 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2017
willibounce1:

There he goes. The usual brain dead talk about village. You people will suffer till you die. Suffering and smiling.
don't mind the bas.tard. I'm sure he's just a squatter hustling "owo daa" everyday just to feed.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saminu Turaki Released From Prison (Photos) / Ogun Election: Abiodun Wins At The Supreme Court / Plateau Attacks: CAN Condemns Killing Of 25 Fulani Travellers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.