Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,022 members, 7,828,591 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) (29029 Views)

Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut / N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State / What Does Public Utility Levy Mean? Mixed Reactions Trail New LASG Levy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by bantudra: 9:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
deomello:

1. Last time I checked, Lagos and the coasts along the SS have functional seaports because they have what's called sea or ocean

2. Last time I checked, they don't have sea or ocean in the SE so exactly where are you suggesting the FG put the seaport?

Or you just want the FG to divert the ocean into the SE and put a seaport there for you?

I really don't get you people, all you care about is needless competition and me too me too syndrome.

Yes during GEJ's admin, all they did was dream, lie and loot and even though the funds was available, but they did nothing but loot every penny so what moral authority do you really have to invoke that name or use as an excuse? Or did he deliver your 2nd NB as promised? Did he built roads and bridges all over the SE? Exactly what did he do for you?

lets make something very clear to igbos:

the oil whealth of the mostly south south is delivered to the south east goverments too..

the south south is okay with 13% for ourselves....

what do you south easterners think would happen if south south gets 100% resource controll?.....

we socalled south southeners are friendly enough to dont make so much noise and let the north,sw and south east on their own...

why are you south easterners making so much noise
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by deomello: 9:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
bantudra:
wait,waiiiittttttttttttttttttt....are you igbos feeling marganalized because you dont have a seaport like lagos

is that what all this brouhahas is all about.....

please,go learn basic economics than blaming others for that...ridiculous!!!!!...... angry angry

This is why they are mad even though they can not have seaport because they don't have any sea.

They have silly, misguided and tribal competition with Lagos state even.
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by deomello: 9:34pm On Apr 19, 2017
bantudra:

lets make something very clear to igbos:

the oil whealth of the mostly south south is delivered to the south east goverments too..

the south south is okay with 13% for ourselves....

what do you south easterners think would happen if south south gets 100% resource controll?.....

we socalled south southeners are friendly enough to dont make so much noise and let the north,sw and south east on their own...

why are you south easterners making so much noise

bantudra:

You quoted the wrong person, quote the joker above.
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by bantudra: 9:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
deomello:

bantudra:

You quoted the wrong person, quote the joker above.

yea...what you say....the other joker...
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by Horlufemi(m): 10:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
willibounce1:

You will compare UK and US to your useless country in terms of infrastructure? When you pay water and light bills don't you get the water and light? Are the roads not good? Is public transport not reasonable over there. I feel like hitting a guiness bottle on your head right now.

how would you do it better? that's the question I asked.

are you sure you aren't suffering from a condition?

you aren't really smart, you know.

answer the question.
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by spenca: 11:06pm On Apr 19, 2017
Multiple taxation !!
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by deomello: 11:21pm On Apr 19, 2017
spenca:
Multiple taxation !!

The PUL is NOT a TAX.
PUL will REPLACE all service fees/payments paid to LAWMA/PSP operators.

Read carefully.
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by Bridget95(f): 11:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:

So, move to a State with lower taxes why must you stay in Lagos and want to enjoy the limited amenities for free?
Tell me one working amenty ? The state government want to capitalize on the huge population and milk them dry.

The fact is that when taxation because to much migration will begin and with time,the govt will feel it.
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by deomello: 12:19am On Apr 20, 2017
Bridget95:
Tell me one working amenty ? The state government want to capitalize on the huge population and milk them dry.

The fact is that when taxation because to much migration will begin and with time,the govt will feel it.

We'd love that, it's a damn good way to depopulate Lagos.
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by Bridget95(f): 5:41am On Apr 20, 2017
deomello:

We'd love that, it's a damn good way to depopulate Lagos.
who are we? you from ogbomosho or the state government of Lagos.
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by katniss(f): 6:11am On Apr 20, 2017
Esseite:
You would never know the situation first hand until you break down your payslip according to your needs..

Rent of N500k - 42k monthly
Food of N1k - 31k monthly
Transport N1k - 31k monthly
Phcn - N10k - 10k month
Dstv - N3k - 3k monthly
Clothing - N5k - 5k monthly - starch/detergent/purchase
Miscellenous - N5k - 5k monthly - gift/household items
Security levy - N3k - 3k monthly - security dues
Recharge card - N1500 monthly - no data sub

Total - 131k approx - how many earn 131k/month (note this is for a very regimented lifestyle) - No savings, no car, no auto maintenance... no extra pure water or coke... if you buy beer today, you might not be able to pay rent tomorrow, no amenities (tv,dvd,etc).

Add PUL to it.....

If you are not feeling the heat yet... your parents are

You forgot lawma
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by signz: 6:40am On Apr 20, 2017
deomello:

Governments don't build seaports, private entities does.

2 deep seaports are under construction in Lagos and they are both largely private.

Let your state governments make the case for seaports before investors and see where where it gets you.

The market place decides, not emotions, sentiments and tribal pride.

Lagos and the SW is the largest market in Nigeria so where is the sense in shipping to the SE or SS, then turn around and ship to Lagos. You've already added extra cost to your goods and services.

Which private company built Apapa and Tin can ports?

Yes of course I know private companies build seaports now sha
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by spenca: 6:42am On Apr 20, 2017
deomello:

Read carefully.

Think deeply
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by Acidosis(m): 6:54am On Apr 20, 2017
Lol,

Abeg Lagos state should carry their wahala and go

Ogun state has more than enough land mass to occupy TIRED Lagosians. Make the money in Lagos, and drive to your house in Ogun.. (Akute, Agbara, Mowe, Sango-Ota, even some parts of Isheri and Ojodu are classified under Ogun).

Since the true Lagosians and their Legislators have decided to AGREE 100% with whatever Tinubu and Ambode decide to do, who am I to complain?
grin grin

1 Like

Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by Acidosis(m): 6:55am On Apr 20, 2017
Lol,

Abeg Lagos state should carry their wahala and go

Ogun state has more than enough land mass to occupy TIRED Lagosians. Make the money in Lagos, and drive to your house in Ogun.. (Akute, Agbara, Mowe, Sango-Ota, even some parts of Isheri, Berger, Ikorodu and Ojodu are classified under Ogun).

Since the true Lagosians and their Legislators have decided to AGREE 100% with whatever Tinubu and Ambode decide to do, who am I to complain?
grin grin
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:50pm On May 10, 2017
Esseite:

The quote below is from a similar situation. Recession in the USA in 1982.. be enlightened, saner climes took better alternative. Not everything is a tribal, ethnic or regional comparison.

According to Keynesian economists, a combination of deficit spending and the lowering of interest rates would slowly lead to economic recovery. However, conservatives insist that the significantly lower tax rates caused the recovery. From a high of 10.8% in December 1982, unemployment gradually improved until it fell to 7.2% on Election Day in 1984. Nearly two million people left the unemployment rolls. Inflation fell from 10.3% in 1981 to 3.2% in 1983.Corporate earnings rose by 29% in the July-September quarter of 1983, compared with the same period in 1982. Some of the most dramatic improvements came in industries hardest hit by the recession, such as paper and forest products, rubber, airlines, and the auto industry.

I hope with this little words of mine, i have been able to convince and not confuse you on the need to increase the spending power of the populace

Saner climes?! Yes, go ahead, teach how the First World works O' GREAT Mr.Know-It-All.
Re: LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) by three: 9:22am On Mar 12, 2018
Remember this?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor El-rufia Enjoying Iftar / INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune / Names Of Politicians Who May Replace Babachir Lawal As SGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.