Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles (44488 Views)

5 Greatest Insults In Footballing World / FIFA Awards: Captains And Coaches Claim They Did Not Vote For Messi / 2018 World Cup : Meet The 32 Captains Leading Their Teams Into Battle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by robosky02(m): 5:10pm On Apr 19, 2017
ok
Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by chiedu7: 5:14pm On Apr 19, 2017
HAS ANYBODY NOTICED THAT WHEN THINGS ARE DONE ON MERIT
THAT ALL THE PEOPLE COME FROM THE SE&SS ?

NO WONDER WHY THE REST OF NIGERIA DEY FEAR IPOB & THE NIGER DELTA AVENGERS

5 Likes

Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by robosky02(m): 5:21pm On Apr 19, 2017
Bollinger:

Yobo ko, Yobo ni. When Segun Odegbami, Aloysious Atuegbu, Mudasiru Lawal, Uwem Ekarika, de there. All dis indomie generation sef.

in terms of achievement and consistency

Yobo is a true legent

the first Nigerian player to play 101 caps for super eagles

and he captain the team to 2013 AFCON victory

very consistant..... what else do you want

Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by excomarow(m): 5:23pm On Apr 19, 2017
Drienzia:
When was KANU captain?

they never born you by that time

1 Like

Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by Drienzia: 5:25pm On Apr 19, 2017
chukagates:
oga dont let ignorance make you a fool kalu captained nigeria and won the olympics game back in the 1990s
I asked a ques, and all u could do is call me a fool. i wont battle myself in war of words with u, that would be immature of me. And for ur info, kanu captained Nigeria after Okocha, not back in the 90tys.. we talking about the national team. ....its Kanu..not Kalu
Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by Drienzia: 5:27pm On Apr 19, 2017
excomarow:

they never born you by that time
Ancestors, tell me when he captained the national team during the 90tys? He captained the team for sometime, just after Okocha during 2008/10. or so
Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by 989900: 5:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
There is only one Le Boss. RIP. cry
Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by robosky02(m): 5:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
SweetyZinta:
keep the list coming

I can't see papilo JJ okocha or Olga's baby Daddy

lol grin

Olga's baby daddy is busy with the kids while others are making history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wel7EcUQk58
Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by ogunsj: 5:35pm On Apr 19, 2017
OP always research well before posting. Kanu never captained Nigeria for 16 years. he was never in the super Eagles team until after Atlanta 96. so how could he have been a captain when he was not even ripe for the supper Eagle. Uche okechukwu took over from Stephen keshi, then to Austin eguavon before Sunday oliseh who us to Mali 2002, before Austin okocha, followed by kanu who only had a short stint as a captain of the super Eagles.

5 Likes

Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by tianshie(m): 5:43pm On Apr 19, 2017
Who put CALAMITY YOBO on the list?

1 Like

Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by SillyMods: 5:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
Yeebos have been marginalising us since 1966.

; cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by DeRay98(m): 5:46pm On Apr 19, 2017
. He was a member of and later captained the Nigerian national team for 16 years from 1994 until 2010.
Sorry my guy, this is not true.
Kanu played his first senior match in 1995 at Wembley stadium against England.
Within this time period (1994-2010)
Many other players captained Super Eagles, Austin Eguavoen, Uche Okechuchwu, Sunday Oliseh, J.J Okocha before Kanu

Please edit that statement.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by Afam4eva(m): 5:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
Where's Okocha?

1 Like

Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by robosky02(m): 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2017
Drienzia:
When was KANU captain?

1. Kanu Nwankwo was Nigeria captain to the Atlanta Olympics winning team in 1996.

2. Nigeria's Super Eagles coach, Lars Lagerback, named Nwankwo Kanu Nigeria captaint to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and Nwankwo Kanu, it was Kanus third World Cup.

http://ngex.com/news/public/newsinfo.php?nid=8918

3. he steeped down as captain 6 june 2011 after quitting the national team

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/84/africa/2011/06/17/2536066/nwankwo-kanu-calls-it-quits-from-football-long-live-the

Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by Afam4eva(m): 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2017
chiedu7:
HAS ANYBODY NOTICED THAT WHEN THINGS ARE DONE ON MERIT
THAT ALL THE PEOPLE COME FROM THE SE&SS ?

NO WONDER WHY THE REST OF NIGERIA DEY FEAR IPOB & THE NIGER DELTA AVENGERS
You mean southern Nigeria, though the SE and SS triumph more in sporting activities. I'll like to recognize Imo and Delta states for being at the forefront of producing great talent for this nation.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by chukagates(m): 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2017
seniorkachion:

Olympic team is not Super Eagles. Kanu succeeded Okocha as captain.
oga i knw what am saying kanu captained nigeria when they won the olympic games!!!
Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by aribisala0(m): 5:56pm On Apr 19, 2017
EDo State
Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by chukagates(m): 5:58pm On Apr 19, 2017
Drienzia:
I asked a ques, and all u could do is call me a fool. i wont battle myself in war of words with u, that would be immature of me. And for ur info, kanu captained Nigeria after Okocha, not back in the 90tys.. we talking about the national team. ....its Kanu..not Kalu
oga is like you cant comprehend english..i said " DONT LET IGNORANCE MAKE YOU A FOOL"
Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by DeRay98(m): 5:59pm On Apr 19, 2017
seniorkachion:
Christian Chu

Christan Chukwu without doubt.

Stephen Keshi captained the longer than Chukwu and also successful than Chukwu.
Chukwu's reign was from the later part of the "70s-81.
After failing to qualify for 1982 World Cup in which he was actually called from retirement in the final match against AlGeria.
Keshi started from 1984 to 1994, equaling Chukwu's Nations Cup success and going to qualify for the first World Cup.
Keshi reigned over generations of players and kept his Captaincy and Charisma.
He also led the exodus of Nigerian Pros abroad and succeeded.
Keshi is the Top gun.

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by aribisala0(m): 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2017
chukagates:
oga i knw what am saying kanu captained nigeria when they won the olympic games!!!
Double trouble You don't know, don't know that you don't know and are shouting that you know.
The Olympic football was an age grade tournament for under 23.
When did Kanu break into the super eagles?
Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by DeRay98(m): 6:04pm On Apr 19, 2017
robosky02:

1. Kanu Nwankwo was Nigeria captain to the Atlanta Olympics winning team in 1996.

2. Nigeria's Super Eagles coach, Lars Lagerback, named Nwankwo Kanu Nigeria captaint to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and Nwankwo Kanu, it was Kanus third World Cup.

http://ngex.com/news/public/newsinfo.php?nid=8918

3. he steeped down as captain 6 june 2011 after quitting the national team

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/84/africa/2011/06/17/2536066/nwankwo-kanu-calls-it-quits-from-football-long-live-the

Atlanta Olympics team was U-23 and not Super Eagles.
Uche Okechukwu was Super Eagles captain that time after Austin Eguavoen retired.
Okechukwu was drafted to the Olympics team as an over aged player but Kanu retained that captainship.
Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by yokiti: 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2017
robosky02:
so guys who will you consider as the greatest or who will you add to the list
for me its Keshi, keshi, keshi grin

Lets go there….
ItsQuinn, safarigirl, shizzy7, Smellymouth, Mediapace, refiner, suwalee, optional1, vivianblog1, cruzita, klexycole, VickyRotex, blueto, TheSuperNerd, mikron, TonyeBarcanist, Ajibel, honeric01, Icon4s, TheGoodJoe,
You forgot to mention uncle Naptu2, he will give his eyewitness account on most of the players you mentioned.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by Bollinger(m): 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
robosky02:

in terms of achievement and consistency

Yobo is a true legent

the first Nigerian player to play 101 caps for super eagles

and he captain the team to 2013 AFCON victory

very consistant..... what else do you want
I just gave you names of people who pioneered soccer in nigeria. Without them their would be no yobo.
Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by chukagates(m): 6:23pm On Apr 19, 2017
aribisala0:

Double trouble You don't know, don't know that you don't know and are shouting that you know.
The Olympic football was an age grade tournament for under 23.
When did Kanu break into the super eagles?
who was nigeria's football captain when nigeria won olympic games??
Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by Batistamanz1991: 6:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
geokay777:
Mikel nko biko undecided
mikel loves money more than his career,so 4get about him

1 Like

Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by aribisala0(m): 6:36pm On Apr 19, 2017
chukagates:
who was nigeria's football captain when nigeria won olympic games??
Was it the Super Eagles that won in Atlanta?
Who was the Super Eagles captain at the 1998 World Cup?
Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by Kog45(m): 6:38pm On Apr 19, 2017
seniorkachion:

I disagree. Chukwu is our greatest captain. He also led his team to win the 1980 Nations Cup. He is also Nigeria's greatest and highest scoring centre back and best free kick taker.
No my man Keshi remained d highest goal scoring centre back.Pls check archives.
Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by chiedu7: 6:46pm On Apr 19, 2017
Afam4eva:

You mean southern Nigeria, though the SE and SS triumph more in sporting activities. I'll like to recognize Imo and Delta states for being at the forefront of producing great talent for this nation.

Okay, you may have a point
Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by giddexdguru: 7:05pm On Apr 19, 2017
I get paid $9 to share this link. You too can earn like me. Register here with an android or computer browser http://.net/7nJALh
Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by Okudiover(m): 7:06pm On Apr 19, 2017
sommyblaze:
I see no brown roof Captain. reporting For. NCAN Awka Anambra chapter

grin grin grin grin Brown roof captain? You dey wicked oh! Wetin Afonja cone headed Yo-robbers do you?

1 Like

Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by chukagates(m): 7:09pm On Apr 19, 2017
aribisala0:
Was it the Super Eagles that won in Atlanta?
Who was the Super Eagles captain at the 1998 World Cup?
oga am not talking of World cup am talking of OLYMPICS GAMES when nigeria won brazil 3-0 in 1994 KANU NWANKWOR WAS CAPTAIN THEN!! STP TRYING TO CONFUSE YOURSELF!!!!
Re: The 5 Greatest Captains Of Nigeria Super Eagles by robosky02(m): 7:11pm On Apr 19, 2017
yokiti:

You forgot to mention uncle Naptu2, he will give his eyewitness account on most of the players you mentioned.

oya uncle Naptu2,

come and answer your name grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olga Allegra In Bikini, Enjoys Vacation With Family / Cristiano Ronaldo Given Five Matches Ban For Pushing Referee In Sunday Elclasico / 'Players Are Dropping Like Flies’ - EPL Told To Cancel Games Ahead Of Qatar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.