Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,786 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment (33173 Views)

Dangote Group Begins Installation Of Rice Factory In Kebbi / Dangote Begins Reconstruction Of Wharf Road, Apapa (photos) / Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by 989900: 9:00am On Apr 20, 2017
eyinjuege:

Give it time, that will surely happen.

Just a matter of time once someone sets the pace. If Dangote's able to pull it off, more people will get in. They won't only be meeting the needs of Nigerians, but all other neighboring African countries.

Such exciting news I must say, if the "cabals" don't get desperate.

2 are already on course: one in Ogun state, and another 200,000 barrels in the east . . . I think Akwa Ibom. Then a 20,000 barrels modular refinery by one Missouri company between Delta and Bayelsa.

Plus there is a little likelihood Mobil/Shell takes over or partners NNPC refineries.

Trust Nigerians and their "copy copy" syndrome, in 5-10 years from now we will hardly be exporting any more crude, only refined ones -- probably even importing crude to meet up our refineries needs.

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by islandmoon: 9:03am On Apr 20, 2017
Dangote will now hijack the sales of petroleum product next year to finance 2019 election , we need another refinery to create competition for him, or else, he will use this to enslave us, he may choose to sell imported product for 10years like that, why do you have to build storage tank first to sell, why not just build and start producing and selling from your own refinery? so, now you want to import and sell to fund your refinery? huh? I seriously hope this wont last more than stipulated time, not more than September 2019 as you promised!
Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by Butterworth: 9:03am On Apr 20, 2017
masterpiece86:
Dangote Oil Refining Company Limited has said the installation of equipment for the crude oil refinery being built in Lagos will begin this month .

The Head , Quality Assurance/ Quality Compliance and Construction, DORC , Mr . Rama Putta , told our correspondent , who visited the site of the plant , that the 650, 000-barrels - per -day refinery would come on stream by September 2019.

According to him , the basic engineering work has reached 98 per cent completion; the detailed engineering , 90 per cent; 3 D modelling, 80 per cent; long lead items ordering , 100 per cent ; bulk plates ordering , 90 per cent ; equipment and bulk items, 50 per cent ; and construction activities , 25 per cent.
He said the sand filling of the site was completed six months ago, adding that 60 per cent of the land was swampy .

Putta said bringing the land to three metres above the mean sea level was the biggest challenge , adding , “ The sand is tightly compacted and ready for the erection of the equipment . No flood can affect our area . The surrounding area is only one metre above the mean sea level . The entire Lagos is only 1.5 metres above the main sea level .

“ We dredged sand from the Atlantic Ocean , about 60 million cubic metres . The world ’s biggest dredgers dredged the sand for about 18 months. It ’ s a big job and is completed successfully. Now , what is left is to erect the equipment. ”

Our correspondent was taken round the site to see some of the materials, including steel , plates and cranes , which were brought in for the construction of the refinery.

Putta stated , “ We need a lot of big cranes . All the equipment are going to come horizontally ; they are to be put vertically . That is why to lift them , we need cranes . We need 300 cranes ; 250 cranes are already here . The remaining cranes are coming from China.
“ We will start erecting the refinery equipment in a week or 10 days ’ time, and it will take about 15 to 20 months.”
According to him , about 3 , 000 pieces of equipment are required for the refinery.

He noted , “ Out of that , more than 200 have already come in . They come in semi - finished shape and we will finish them off. The remaining are being manufactured in various countries, including China, India , America , South Korea , Singapore and Malaysia .
“ The challenge is bringing heavy equipment . There are 300 very heavy equipment and we have given contracts to the biggest shippers in the world to bring them from different countries .”

Putta added , “We have a jetty. All the materials coming from various countries come by ship and they get unloaded at the Apapa ports . From the Apapa port , they come here by road . Some of the equipment are very big , more than 2 , 000 metric tonnes , and they cannot come by road . We bring them from Apapa to our jetty by ship and we unload them .

“ This refinery is going to operate at 110 per cent of its capacity at the minimum . If you don’t make 110 per cent, your profit is only 15 per cent . Majority of the refineries in the world like American refineries, Korean refineries and some Indian refineries operate at more than 105 per cent .”

According to him , the company will begin the trading of petroleum products next year ahead of the completion of the refinery.

He said the company would complete the construction of the refinery’s trading facilities in 2018 and test them by selling imported petroleum products for one year.
The facilities include storage tanks , loading gantries and single point moorings as well as pipelines .

Putta said , “ In September 2018 , we are going to inaugurate our trading facilities , which consist gantries for filling the trucks , and 35 tanks for storing the fluids will be ready. Every day, 2, 600 trucks are going to be filled with petrol , diesel , kerosene and jet fuel.

“ We will buy the products from other countries, because by that time our products will not be ready, and trade them for one year. This is to test our trading facilities . By September 2019, we will sell our own products .”

http://punchng.com/dangote-begins-installation-of-oil-refinery-equipment/

One man is doing what the Federal government of the ZOO cannot do in more than 60yrs

Shame on the Zoo Republic.
Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by eyinjuege: 9:04am On Apr 20, 2017
989900:

2 are already on course: one in Ogun state, and another 200,000 barrels in the east . . . I think Akwa Ibom. Then a 20,000 barrels modular refinery by one Missouri company between Delta and Bayelsa.

Plus there is a little likelihood Mobil/Shell takes over or partners NNPC refineries.

Trust Nigerians and their "copy copy" syndrome, in 5-10 years from now we will hardly be exporting any more crude, only refined ones -- probably even importing crude to meet up our refineries needs.

Wowww... Nice one. So we have other refineries springing up? . No monopoly? Greatest news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by Zhirinovsky: 9:08am On Apr 20, 2017
Wait o! They oil will be pumped out in the Niger Delta and transported through pipes to lagos for refining? Why not site the refinery in the Niger Delta. Someone would mention millitancy! But does millitancy exist in Akwaibom too? Someone would mention access to the sea! Is there no ocean shore in akwaibom? Can't the port be developed? Can someone confidently name one Northerner or Southwesterner that has invested in the SE/SS except owning their oilwell?? But the SE/SS invest and own factories in the SW and North.
Whaat kind of a Scam called country is this??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by Abiona001(m): 9:09am On Apr 20, 2017
bettercreature:
I hope oil importers won't burn this factory before it started grin grin grin grin
He is on course to create most deadliest group of enemies

you are right bro
Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by dulaman: 9:11am On Apr 20, 2017
Standardcosting:
Good one. Always remember you will account for all your money in the hereafter
is he the only one to account?
if you dont have the money, you will acoount for your deeds.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by signz: 9:12am On Apr 20, 2017
bigtt76:
[b][/b]

See job eh! Import fuel for one year to test run ....issssssorite! grin

Jeez!!!

Guess what FG will subsidise the importation for 1 year wink

I bet 99% of Nairalanders never understood that part.

I didn't even read the story i must confess embarassed
Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by 989900: 9:14am On Apr 20, 2017
Zhirinovsky:
Wait o! They oil will be pumped out in the Niger Delta and transported through pipes to lagos for refining? Why not site the refinery in the Niger Delta. Someone would mention millitancy! But does millitancy exist in Akwaibom too? Someone would mention access to the sea! Is there no ocean shore in akwaibom? Can't the port be developed? Can someone confidently name one Northerner or Southwesterner that has invested in the SE/SS except owning their oilwell?? But the SE/SS invest and own factories in the SW and North.

Dangote and his partners' money and business.

My brother, Akpabio could have used the funds for the stadium and other stolen funds to attract other investors join, even collaboration with GEJ to do something -- no matter how little, but you know the rest na . . .

P.S. Dangote wanted the refinery at Okolola, Ondo state , but my governor wanted bribe . . . You see . . .

Also Dangote can buy crude from anywhere in the world.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by LePrezident(m): 9:17am On Apr 20, 2017
This project will greatly impact the West African zone positively #MajorKey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by southpole: 9:23am On Apr 20, 2017
bettercreature:
Lol you are funny! He is a business man he only thinks about making money

Many countries could have given him land free and other incentives to build the refinery there with less cost but he decided to built it in his father land. Please he has Nigeria at heart and don't forget that some other Nigerians have refineries in other countries.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by Shiitposter: 9:24am On Apr 20, 2017
datola:

I think Dangote is deadlier than them in this regard.

Yeah. You don't become a billionare by being a softie

1 Like

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by Shiitposter: 9:28am On Apr 20, 2017
bettercreature:

Look at politicians that embeZzle public fund and go abroad to build multi billion dollar companies while someone who makes his money legally and is a billionaire still invest in his country. He is a Patriotic Businessman

1 Like

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by islandmoon: 9:28am On Apr 20, 2017
Zhirinovsky:

ask alemesiagha, ibori, and your rich men, do we have to spoon feed you, most of your prominent men are busy investing outside your region because they know you better, even the militants are building university outside Nigeria, ask Asari Dokunbo, not us! if he couldnt build in his home town, why me?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by maasoap(m): 9:30am On Apr 20, 2017
menxer:
I will be highly disappointed if when this refinery starts operation there is no documentary on the making of it, from sand filling to trading operations.

Imagine this report not a single picture of the site is included.

Maybe it's because history is outdated in Nigeria.
There must be a documentary. Remember that work is still in progress, not yet finished.
The media that carries this news should be blamed for absence of the site pictures.
Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by Ayomidegbenga1(m): 9:31am On Apr 20, 2017
Zhirinovsky:
it was initially planned to be sited in ondo state,but the then Gov mimiko denied the people of ondo state from having it sited
Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by menxer: 9:40am On Apr 20, 2017
maasoap:

There must be a documentary. Remember that work is still in progress, not yet finished.
The media that carries this news should be blamed for absence of the site pictures.

Let me share in your faith that there is a documentary, Because now that we have the technology and know how, we should not miss doing it.

I always marvel when I watch documentary of such mega projects in other countries on YouTube and history channel, it would be a thing of pride to watch one in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by olamath(m): 9:50am On Apr 20, 2017
Nice one, that is the difference between entrepreneurs and govt. WHERE sre all the companies licenced to build refineries, we lack implementations in naija.
Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 20, 2017
A part from making money for himself he hasvthe people at heart .I think sometime last two years the elders and kings and traditional rulers called him and requested him to do something for their region .the outcome of the meeting was that he (dangote) was going to build the best and most sophisticated hospital in west Africa and the location is Kaduna

1 Like

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by ebby9z(m): 9:53am On Apr 20, 2017
Just thinking about the logistics for this kind of massive project. It takes dogged determination and tenacity to pull of a construction of this magnitude in our clime
Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by Charly68: 9:55am On Apr 20, 2017
Nigeria as a nation could not operate a functional refinery and by the time Dangote succeeds in operating his own,the best bet will be to sell off Govt owned refinery for operational efficiency by so doing all those who have refused to allow the refinery to be functional will be back to zero point. Just as those who ran Nitel aground lost their jobs at last.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 20, 2017
Zhirinovsky:
He tried to site it at an ND state initially but they allegedly tried to exploit him so he came over to Lag. Secondly, Lag is also an oil producing state. Thirdly, due to scarcity of refineries in sub saharan Africa if ND oil isn't refined at d dangoote refinery, oil could infact be brought from angola for refining for instance Singapore Has no oil but still operates 5 refineries.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by Johnrake69: 10:02am On Apr 20, 2017
supereagle:
He has Nigerians at heart.

It's not by the act of benevolence of the butcher that we get our meat but based on his personal interest.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by maasoap(m): 10:11am On Apr 20, 2017
Zhirinovsky:
Your region is fvcked already. Even the likes of Asari Dokubo wouldn't invest there and you were okay with it. Some of you even supported his decision. Why wanting Dangote to build Refinery in a place where it can be blown up tomorrow and the likes of you will still justify it? Oil can be gotten from anywhere in the world, not necessarily from the Niger Delta.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by fashrola(m): 10:13am On Apr 20, 2017
I think this is the perfect time to sensitive his prospective product tanker drivers on rules of the road and how to manauvre on the road to reduce accidents

1 Like

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by maasoap(m): 10:14am On Apr 20, 2017
menxer:

Let me share in your faith that there is a documentary, Because now that we have the technology and know how, we should not miss doing it.

I always marvel when I watch documentary of such mega projects in other countries on YouTube and history channel, it would be a thing of pride to watch one in Nigeria.
It is a huge project, documentary is a must. I watched that of 7 star hotel, it really worth my time.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by natznext(m): 10:30am On Apr 20, 2017
twentyk:
i sincerely pray and hope so....infact im still praying nd i believe other people will move in as you said...self sufficiency then we start selling aint that good music...NIGERIA IS HEADING FOR GREATNESS.....

The kind of projects going on all over the southwest, especially Lagos

Lagos to Ibadan train on its way
That will de-congest lagos
Very correct real estates popping up in Ibadan and Abeoukta to welcome the people that'll move from Lagos
There's another free trade zone in Ogun
Eko Atlantic city already opened its first residential tower,
Lagos transportation being rigorously reformed; rail, road and water ways
So many companies investing in livestock raising and processing in Oyo and Osun state, especially poultry
I just hope the other regions can wake up too
Because the 2020s would be a good time to be alive in sw nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by adeniyi3971(m): 10:39am On Apr 20, 2017
bettercreature:

not far from truth!!
Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by kjhova(m): 10:46am On Apr 20, 2017
jantavanta:

I thought he was importing diesel and not fuel, and that was why Farouk Lawan's attempt to indict him failed and backfired.

What is diesel and what is fuel, biko??
Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by obailala(m): 10:49am On Apr 20, 2017
Zhirinovsky:
The way we cry victim victim victim sometimes can be very ridiculous and I just cant figure out how even adults cant see the ridiculousness of this banter.

From you last sentence above, you say the SE & SS invests in the SW and North, but the SW & North never do so in the SE & SS. The big question is, 'what stops the SS & SE from investing in the SS & SE?'.... Is it in every single situation that we get to blame, blame and blame others?... This wailing and blame game that's been going on for decades, how exactly has it helped the SE or SS?

There's the ongoing ‘Aku Ruo Ulo’ campaign in the SE for businessmen and industrialists to 'think home'... When a person like Capt. Iheanacho who contested recently for the Imo state governorship decides to site his planned modular refinery in Badagry instead of some suitable location in the SE or SS, then i think the only wise thing to do is to engage in deep soul searching instead of these 'blame blame blame others' which seems to now be the ingrained culture in the SE (especially in recent times).

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by obailala(m): 10:53am On Apr 20, 2017
989900:

5-10 years is a very long time I can assure you. With the ingrained culture of copy copy in Nigeria, everybody just waits for the first person to bell the cat before everyone else jumps on the boat. I can assure you that with the latest Dangote development, by 2020, Nigeria wouldn't export a drop of raw crude anymore; there would be an explosion of refineries by then, starting from even the existing NNPC refineries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Begins Installation Of Oil Refinery Equipment by Zhirinovsky: 10:54am On Apr 20, 2017
What about Tonimas, ibeto, Innoson etc? Didn't they invest in the SE?
obailala:
The way we cry victim victim victim sometimes can be very ridiculous and I just cant figure out how even adults cant see the ridiculousness of this banter.

From you last sentence above, you say the SE & SS invests in the SW and North, but the SW & North never do so in the SE & SS. The big question is, 'what stops the SS & SE from investing in the SS & SE?'.... Is it in every single situation that we get to blame, blame and blame others?... This wailing and blame game that's been going on for decades, how exactly has it helped the SE or SS?

There's the ongoing ‘Aku Ruo Ulo’ campaign in the SE for businessmen and industrialists to 'think home'... When a person like Capt. Iheanacho who contested recently for the Imo state governorship decides to site his planned modular refinery in Badagry instead of some suitable location in the SE or SS, then i think the only wise thing to do is to engage in deep soul searching instead of these 'blame blame blame others' which seems to now be the ingrained culture in the SE (especially in recent times).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Stockfish, Crayfish And Dried Fish To Resell? / Christmas Picture Of Tony Elumelu And Family / Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.