Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Ogunda Meji {eji-oko} ~ Why The Lower End Of Rabbit's Tail Is White - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ogunda Meji {eji-oko} ~ Why The Lower End Of Rabbit's Tail Is White (3739 Views)

How Eji-ogbe Used Ifa Wand [iroke-ifa] To Perform Great Miracles / Ogunda Odu Ifa ~ Divination, Prayers & Ebo {sacrifice} / Prayer {incantation} To Avert Death ~ Eji Oko - Oriki Ire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogunda Meji {eji-oko} ~ Why The Lower End Of Rabbit's Tail Is White by Babalawos(m): 11:55am On Apr 20, 2017
Ogunda Meji in heaven he was called Eji-Oko. He made divination for the tiger with this incantation:

INCANTATION

Onoshe muroko nijo to onio oko ode

When the tiger wanted to commence hunting. He advised the tiger to make the following ebos (sacrifices) to give he-goat to Esu and to serve lfa with hen, fish and rat so that he might be able to hunt successfully.

The ebo (sacrifice) was necessary to avoid hunting in vain or suffering a set-back called {Amubo}.

He refused to make the ebo (sacrifice). The following day, he left for the forest to hunt. The tiger has two idiosyncrasies. When any heavy object falls behind him, he instinctively runs away in fright, secondly, when he jumps over any animal he has killed, he is forbidden to eat the animal.

On getting to the forest, he saw an antelope and he killed it by drinking Its blood. As soon as he released the antelope to fall to the ground, he heard the sound of a treeĀ·branch which fell behind him.

Out of fright, he jumped over the antelope and instantly abandoned it.

Next, he killed a black antelope called Edu in Yoruba. Once again, the heavy bunch Of a ripe fruit dropped from the tree behind him and he jumped over the prey, leaving it behind him.

By this time, the tiger was becoming tired and hungry not having eaten anything since morning. As the sun was about to set, he was preparing to leave for home when he saw a deer.

He again succeeded in killing the deer but just before reaching for it, a bunch of palm fruits fell to the ground behind him and he again Jumped over the deer and he had to abandon it. He became hopelessly frustrated and left for home.

Esu was obviously responsible for his unusual misfortune. On his way home he sighted a rabbit and pursued it until the rabbit entered its hole.

As the rabbit was entering the hole, the tiger held on to its tail and began to drag it. But the rabbit stuck its nails to the hole so firmly that the tiger only succeeded in un-skinning the exposed lower end of the rabbit's tail. The rabbit then pulled free into the safety of its hole.

That is why the lower end of the rabbit's tail is white to this day, which distinguishes it from other mammals of its size. This last incident got the tiger to draw a correlation between his failure to make ebos (sacrifices) and his abortive hunting expedition.

On getting home, he reported his fruitless venture. To determine the veracity of his story a search party went into the forest and actually saw and brought home the three animals killed by the tiger.

The animals were brought to Ogunda Meji. It was then that he went to Ogunda Meji to make the ebos (sacrifices).

After performing the sacrifices he went to the forest the next day and killed a deer which he brought home without any incident. From then on, the tiger became a skillful hunter and he went to express his gratitude to Ogunda Meji.

This work was inspired by LATE DR. C. OSAMARO IBIE, J.P.

Thank you for reading, leave a comment

Babalawos

Re: Ogunda Meji {eji-oko} ~ Why The Lower End Of Rabbit's Tail Is White by onlyTheTruth(m): 12:15pm On Apr 20, 2017
first things first.. most Nigerians can't differentiate rabbit from rat.. basically, what most people refer to as rabbit with white tail, is another specie of the rat family..
rabbit is entirely different, som wil say oyinbo rabbit, nothing like oyinbo rabbit, , rat s rat wit plenty species,, and rabbit s rabbit with different species

search for rabbit on Google, u will never see a picture of a white tailed rat..

2 Likes

Re: Ogunda Meji {eji-oko} ~ Why The Lower End Of Rabbit's Tail Is White by Ubenedictus(m): 8:03pm On Apr 20, 2017
onlyTheTruth:
first things first.. most Nigerians can't differentiate rabbit from rat.. basically, what most people refer to as rabbit with white tail, is another specie of the rat family..
rabbit is entirely different, som wil say oyinbo rabbit, nothing like oyinbo rabbit, , rat s rat wit plenty species,, and rabbit s rabbit with different species

search for rabbit on Google, u will never see a picture of a white tailed rat..
I just learnt sumtin.
Re: Ogunda Meji {eji-oko} ~ Why The Lower End Of Rabbit's Tail Is White by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 21, 2017
Babalawos:
Ogunda Meji in heaven he was called Eji-Oko. He made divination for the tiger with this incantation:

INCANTATION

When the tiger wanted to commence hunting. He advised the tiger to make the following ebos (sacrifices) to give he-goat to Esu and to serve lfa with hen, fish and rat so that he might be able to hunt successfully.

The ebo (sacrifice) was necessary to avoid hunting in vain or suffering a set-back called {Amubo}.

He refused to make the ebo (sacrifice). The following day, he left for the forest to hunt. The tiger has two idiosyncrasies. When any heavy object falls behind him, he instinctively runs away in fright, secondly, when he jumps over any animal he has killed, he is forbidden to eat the animal.

On getting to the forest, he saw an antelope and he killed it by drinking Its blood. As soon as he released the antelope to fall to the ground, he heard the sound of a treeĀ·branch which fell behind him.

Out of fright, he jumped over the antelope and instantly abandoned it.

Next, he killed a black antelope called Edu in Yoruba. Once again, the heavy bunch Of a ripe fruit dropped from the tree behind him and he jumped over the prey, leaving it behind him.

By this time, the tiger was becoming tired and hungry not having eaten anything since morning. As the sun was about to set, he was preparing to leave for home when he saw a deer.

He again succeeded in killing the deer but just before reaching for it, a bunch of palm fruits fell to the ground behind him and he again Jumped over the deer and he had to abandon it. He became hopelessly frustrated and left for home.

Esu was obviously responsible for his unusual misfortune. On his way home he sighted a rabbit and pursued it until the rabbit entered its hole.

As the rabbit was entering the hole, the tiger held on to its tail and began to drag it. But the rabbit stuck its nails to the hole so firmly that the tiger only succeeded in un-skinning the exposed lower end of the rabbit's tail. The rabbit then pulled free into the safety of its hole.

That is why the lower end of the rabbit's tail is white to this day, which distinguishes it from other mammals of its size. This last incident got the tiger to draw a correlation between his failure to make ebos (sacrifices) and his abortive hunting expedition.

On getting home, he reported his fruitless venture. To determine the veracity of his story a search party went into the forest and actually saw and brought home the three animals killed by the tiger.

The animals were brought to Ogunda Meji. It was then that he went to Ogunda Meji to make the ebos (sacrifices).

After performing the sacrifices he went to the forest the next day and killed a deer which he brought home without any incident. From then on, the tiger became a skillful hunter and he went to express his gratitude to Ogunda Meji.

This work was inspired by LATE DR. C. OSAMARO IBIE, J.P.

Thank you for reading, leave a comment

Babalawos
babalawo pls i have two questions.

1. Can you get me a charm to grow beard on my face. Am 24 and smooth on my face
2. Can you make me a charm to learn a language quickly? I can't speak my language(Igbo) and i need to learn it fast and it doesn't seem easy
Re: Ogunda Meji {eji-oko} ~ Why The Lower End Of Rabbit's Tail Is White by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 21, 2017
Babalawos pls reply me. Can I use charm to learn my language
Re: Ogunda Meji {eji-oko} ~ Why The Lower End Of Rabbit's Tail Is White by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 23, 2021
Hello, can you now speak your language fluently?
Babalawos pls reply me. Can I use charm to learn my language

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Rome The Christian Capital / Flashback: Has COZA Pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo Forgotten About Dunsin Oyekan? / God Has No Value For Human Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.